The Mercy of Inhalla ~ Dragon Riders of Kabola | Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Bitterblue, be sure to post OOC comments in the OOC thread. You can find the link on the first post. ^^ Also, rest yourself for now. When you feel better, be sure to go back and respond with Ki, as she has Nyteria, Boo, and Whoo coming to her to help with her injuries.

Kk. I had both threads bookmarked, I must have hit the wrong one. Sorry about that! Yes, I realize now that I did leave her out. I'm on my phone, so I can go back and fix it tomorrow. I think I'll just delete the post and then start over. :| That way I can make it flow better.

Reactions: Mowkie
Is this RP still active?

Yes! Are you interested in joining? We really need more players.

Didn't we play together in Raja's original world RP? Too bad it ended :(

Yes! Are you interested in joining? We really need more players.
Well I've wanted to join a high fantasy for some time and yours is the only one that seems really though-out, but I can't say for sure yet, still reading your backstory because it's quite extensive. But am I correct in understanding that I can only join as one of the Varonian dragon riders?

• Love
Reactions: Silvir
As of right now, that's what's open. I've been thinking about opening some of my other races (as I'm finally writing more extensive lore on them), but those races wouldn't necessarily have dragons. They certainly wouldn't be making the Pact, which is what makes the Varonian riders special.

And apologies for my backstory being so long. I'm thinking about writing a short overview for someone to skim over first just to see if this is something they'd enjoy. That might be a huge reason as to why I'm lacking in the player department...>.>

Which role play was that? I've fallen out of a lot of closed RPs, so it's hard to keep up...

Yeah, the Pact and a dragon is exactly what I wouldn't want to have. I usually play a chaotic-neutral type characters, so being a powerful do-gooder with a divine mission is not really something up my alley. It's okay that your story is long, I understand how much writing and pure willpower, aside from actual creativity, it takes to write up a world on your own :)

I really don't remember the name, but the RP ended due to inactivity of most of the members. It was set in an original world, where the characters were called in by the king of the most prosperous of lands to presumably deliver a message to the leader of former dwarven rebels who formed their own land amidst the tundra.

There is one part of you story that I don't get, what was the Great War really about? Just Varonians versus dragons, or did they also fight other races?

Well, here's the thing that I think you're missing on when it comes to the Pact and how it works. You can create a varonian who is chaotic neutral by nature - because s/he is not evil or good, there would be no reason that finding an egg would not lead to raising a dragon. It really depends more on the dragon you choose than the actual rider as to whether or not there is a possibility of an anti-hero. You are more likely to be able to play an anti-hero (as none of them are true do-gooders in this story) as a varonian than you are as any of the other races. The only other race, really, that you would be able to play that is chaotic neutral would be one of my two desert elves (known as the Ovati) - though perhaps my dark elves would be somewhat chaotic as well - and still they would most likely be more of a do-gooder on the side of this story than any varonian you play.

I'm not sure I remember that one. Though I do always seek out the original storylines and the like. I've learned that just because RT grabs people away for a bit, there's no reason not to continue.

With the Great War, it was more of a slaughter of the dragon species as a whole. Only a hundred years after the birth of Varonians - blessed by the God-Killer, Varon - they began to hunt down the one creature they were built to kill. For the most part, the other races stayed out of it for fear that Varon's wrath would come down on them. However, they did get involved when varonians entered their territory. Now, mind you, during this time, only the Dalin Elves, Mynotinhe Dwarves, and Tarkhani Dwarves existed on the Mainland (Kabola). It was because of the Great War that the other five races of elf even came into existence. The dwarves were almost completely oblivious to what was going on in the outside world, and the Dalin only came to find out when the Yrian Wood was destroyed, killing thousands of dragons and elves in the process. It took one Varonian making the Pact with a dragon to stop this war. And it lasted a hundred more years before before it was finally ended.

We currently have four openings, as I'm pretty sure the players I attempted to get to join forgot about us (it's been a bit slow the past few months due to a LOT of RT). I would love to have someone fresh join the ranks and hopefully liven up the place! If you still want to participate, please look over my dragon species and choose whichever one is open that you like the most (the Gold is up for grabs...I haven't had the time to remove the character)...when you have chosen and have an idea ready, feel free to build a sheet and send it to me via PM. I look forward to hearing from you!

• Love
Reactions: Umbra
Status
Not open for further replies.