1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Modern, Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Supernatural
The sound of her heartbeat echoed loudly within her ears. The drum beat that lulled her out of the darkness her mind had fell into. The pounding resounded within her mind as her head began to ache. She felt sick – a sickness she knew would slowly go away. She felt cold – but at the same time she felt her skin burning. Faye swore as she twisted her head to the side. The fog taking its sweet time to fall away. She lifted a hand, rubbing at her eyes.

Adrenaline spiked as her eyes snapped open. Her mind desperately tried to place her surroundings. She was not back in that terrible sterile room, nor was she inside a freezer, or in a wreckage on the side of the road. Where was she?

Rubbing her hand down her face, Faye rested her hands beneath herself and raised herself up. She took a deep breath as she tried to think. By all rights she should be dead – but just like always here she was. But what had killed her? The trauma of the event was blocked from her memories and would take a few moments until it would return. "Just my luck," she mumbled.

Last edited:
Max left the house as Travis started to bake. It was an agreement that they had come to after they discovered that one of his triggers was bells. Travis had tried different timers but it didnt seem to matter what sound they made. Travis had been willing to back while he was at school but he like to walk the boarder at least once a week so he suggested the older boy use that day to do the baking. It gave them both a chance to do something they wanted.

As he walked towards the woods along the western boarder of the pack's territory when a scent caught his attention. 'Logan we have an intruder by the woods. I don't think it's a rogue but can you watch the house while I check it out.'

'On it.'
The older boy assured him. He trusted Logan to protect the others. The older boy was also a warrior. While Logan wasn't as trained at fighting as he was the boy could fight so he knew the others would be safe.

Now that the pack was taken care of, Max followed the scent. The closer he got the more confident he got that the person who was in their territory was a woman. He didn't think she was a wolf but she definitely wasn't human. No matter what she was she could be a threat to those he cared for. And that was something he couldn't allow. He continued to follow the scent until the woman came into sight. "You're trespassing." He growled. '''I need you by the edge of the woods.' reached out t ok Griffin knowing the alpha would want to deal with this situation. They had to be very careful how they hand things. The council was just waiting for them to make a mistake.

Last edited:
Unable to pull at the forgotten memory Faye decided to assess the damage and piece the puzzle together. She was wearing her work uniform or what was left of it. Her pants were shredded in places making the red cuts on her pale skin visible. They had long stopped bleeding, appearing as just long paper cuts. In no time they would be scars and then gone. Her shirt was stripped across her stomach as if torn by the claws of some animal. The entire right shoulder of her shirt was missing – the article of clothing holding up fairly well with the remaining sleeve. Her entire shoulder a bright red of new skin until it met the jagged pale skin that had been untouched by the wound. And while she could not see she assumed her neck sported a similar color.

A hazy memory returned - she had been on her way to work. She had locked her car and was feet away from the door. Yellow eyes from the darkness had been her first warning. Then there was a pain as knives cut across her stomach. No, not knives but claws of a beast. Excruciating pain as it's jaws clamped down upon her right neck and shoulder.

But that was impossible right? Her healed wounds seemed to say otherwise. The voice of a man snapped her out of her reverie. She scrambled to her feet as she stared at the stranger. Her eyes darted towards the surrounding trees. Faye wanted to flee, but she had no idea where she was.

"Trespassing?" the woman echoed. "Well, if you could just point me in the right direction I'd be happy to get out of... here." Wherever here is. She panicked as she thought maybe they would worry about her appearance. "I just had too much to drink last night. Crazy night, you can guess."

'Harvey I'm going to need you and you medical bag.' Max reached out to the older boy as soon as he noticed the blood. The woman had been seriously injured. It was surprising that she was still a line. He was almost positive that she had been attacked by a rogue. Which meant there was one close to pack territory. He hoped it wasn't the rogue Griffin rescued Ben from. The boy was only starting to adjust to being with them.

"Don't move. My... dad will be here soon." Max watched the woman carefully not sure if this was a trick or not. It was weird calling Griffin dad but the truth was that the alpha was more of a parent then his own father had been. When the council and human courts decided to allow Griffin to foster him and Peter Max decide the older man deserved a title of respect he could use in the human world.

"Go reassure the others. I've got this." Griffin assured Max. He made sure the boy knew he was approaching. One nice thing about being a werewolf was that it was much harder to sneak up on them.

"Harvey is on his way." Max glanced at the woman again before he took off towards the house. He ran as fast as his human legs could carry him. He needed to make sure that his brothers were alright.

"You should sit down until Harvey gets here." Griffin took in the woman's scent. She wasn't human. He almost certain that she was a hybrid of some kind. Those were incredibly rare. He didn't know if Harvey slim knowledge of the supernatural beings would be beneficial or not but he supposed a little knowledge was better than none. The boy might be able to tell him how dangerous the woman was to them.

"No, no, no," Faye found herself repeating her words unnecessarily. Her head shook from right to left, reaffirming her denial. If her wishes had come true she would have had one person to find her this way. Now there were going to be two people who knew about her condition? Wait correct that, three people.

"I'm fine." What could she do to get out of this situation. "The other one said that I was trespassing. So really, whoever you are. Just point me in the direction you want me to go – away from here." She did not take his advice to sit down. That was now the last thing she wanted to do, even though she was tired. Her body had not finished healing and it was taking every ounce of energy she had to stitch itself back together. "Just forget I was here. I'm fine." She dragged out her last word as she took a step backwards.

Besides the situation before her didn't make sense. She didn't like the vibe she got of the two men. And the second man was much too young looking to be the others son, then again the boy had even hesitated in saying that.

"Who are you?"

"You are trespassing." Griffin agreed easily. He had felt someone cross the boundary of their territory but it had only lasted a minute so he had assumed that it had been an accident and the wolf had corrected their course. She must have been pretty far gone for him not to be able to feel her. He heard Harvey approaching. "You're also injured which makes you our responsibility." Which wasn't the full truth but close enough. If there as a rogue near by he needed to know it. He had a young pack to protect.

"What is she?" Harvey asked when he saw the woman. Max had given him a break down of the injuries he had seen. With Max's experience in fighting he had been able to give him a very detailed description so he knew what to expect.

"Not human is all I know for sure. I think she's a hybrid of some sort." Harvey frowned at the aalpha's answer. He had picked up on the scent of wolf but he had thought that had been her attacker not the woman herself. "Stay back until I get her to calm down." he didn't know why the woman was distressed but his wolf was reacting to it. Which was odd since she wasn't a pup like the boys were.

He moved towards allowing hi us alpha aura to flare a bit. Not too much he didn't want to startle her or Harvey. The boy was very sensitive to his aura because of the abuse he suffered before he became a werewolf. "Let my son treat your wounds. Then we can get you some clean clothes and a cab."

Faye thought over his words. Was it chivalrous that he thought she was their responsibility? It would have been easier if she had ran into someone who was happy to just let her go her own way. But that didn't seem like it was going to be that easy. She ground her teeth together as she tried to foresee the future - which unfortunately wasn't actually a part of her horrible curse to bare. And she couldn't really predict how any scenario would play out. All she could guess for certain is that running wasn't an option - even though that keep on seeming like a really good idea.

She tried to catch was spoken between the two men, but they spoke softly enough that she was unable to hear. But their body language seemed to suggest that the older had told the new comer to stay back while he handled things. That prickle on the back of her neck intensified as the older man walked towards her. There was a commanding presence around him. She was unsure if that was reassuring or unsettling. "I don't need treatment." But clean clothes and a cab? Was she really going to turn that down. She wanted to, the longer she hung around these strangers the more likely it was they would see how quickly her wounds closed. But what if she did make it out of these woods and back home? Surely she'd become the center of attention if she walked into town with her outfit so torn. "I do need clothes and cab. If you can get me those... lead the way."

"We can't take you back to the house the w as y you are." Travis would be triggered if he saw a survivor of a mauling. It was best if the got her as cleaned up as they could. If she was the victim of a rogue attack it was his responsibility to make sure that she didn't tell the humans what happened. And that she didn't turn rogue herself. It wasn't something most alphas would do but since his pack was made of up of victims of such attacks he wanted to give the chance no alpha would give her.

"Harvey is going to tend your wounds. Then we will head to the house." He told her firmly before indicated for Harvey to approach. The boy approached slowly. He was careful to stay slightly behind him. 'Peter I need you to keep Travis in the kitchen.'

'Yes alpha. Max says he set some clothes on the porch.' Griffin thanked the boy before turning his attention back to the woman. Harvey was now passed him. He stopped just out of arms reach.

"I'll stop the bleeding but cleaning the wounds will have to wait until we get to the house. I need more access and I doubt she wants to walk back to the house naked." Harvey set his bag down and opened it.

Faye felt like she had given them an inch and they were taking a mile. That was perhaps a very inaccurate statement. But she had tried to cooperate with them. They felt like they needed to help her - they had offered her help. But it was going to be under their terms.

"You aren't listening," Faye took another few steps backwards as the young one closed the distance between them. "I. Am. Fine. The bleeding has stopped." She glanced down at her arm to verify the statement. It was a bit hard to tell, but it did seem that most of the blood was just dried and caked on. It sure didn't hurt - much. "It seriously looks worse than it is. Honest."

But then a boy opened up his bag. A glint of metal caught the gleam of the sunlight. It could have been scissors, to cut bandages to their desired length or remove clothing to better see a wound. It could have even been simple teezers to remove a splitter. It even could have been a cellphone. But the glint of metal in a bag. The context that he wanted to treat her. Fear of being exposed for the freak she was.

Faye spun around and ran.

Reason could no longer over power instinct and fear. She dove into nearby woods, the branches reaching out to scrap her cheek. A single drop of blood fell before the tiny wound sealed itself over.

"Fuck!" Griffin growled. Harvey flinched. He was afraid that his alpha was angry at him for scaring the woman. He hadn't meant to scare her. He wasn't even sure how he scared her.

"I'm not mad at you." "Go back to the house with your brothers. I'll call if I need you." Griffin assured the boy. He knew Harvey would be worried about his reaction even if he couldn't smell the fear coming off the boy. He didn't blame Harvey. The boy had only been trying to do as he asked.

Once Harvey was headed home, Griffin took off after the woman. He had no problem with her not wanting to stay. He wasn't the type to force someone but she needed to at least know the rules of her new life. He took off after the woman. He considered shifting but he had already lost too much time. It didn't take him long to catch up with the woman. He did his best to grabbed the woman without harming her.

Faye jumped over tree roots and tried to avoid as many branches as she could. Faye's only goal was freedom. She would not be held captive again.

A scream of anger, frustration, fear escaped her as her wrist was caught. "Let go!" She threw a punch. Whether it hit her mark or not, it wouldn't do too much damage. Her body shook, her body complaining of the trauma it was being put through while it was simultaneously just trying to put itself back together. She tried to twist free, a broken arm wouldn't be the most terrible trade for freedom. "I'm not going back there."

All her efforts of fighting stopped as her vision turned white and pain spider-ed throughout her body. She let out a cry of pain as her legs gave out on her while her world spun. This was not from the wounds. Her body was at war with itself. She had felt this pain on a slightly smaller scale before - when she had been given poison. But this was different. In her crazy world, what if that beast that had attacked her was a werewolf, and what if her body was fighting the venom or DNA or whatever it was that would try to turn her into a werewolf?

Griffin managed to grab the woman's wrist. He pulled her towards him. He ignored the punch she threw at him. She couldn't hurt him with a simple punch. He understood that she was scared. If she was attacked by a rogue she had no way of knowing that they wouldn't hurt her. "Easy. We're not going to hurt you." he didn't expect her to believe him. Words were easy. Just because someone said something didn't make it true. But he couldn't exactly prove he was telling the truth until he got her to calm down.

He frowned when the woman cried out. He didn't think he was hurting her. He was being as gentle as he dared. When her legs gave out he scooped her into his arms bridal style. He figured the adrenaline had warn off. He headed back towards the house. As he walked he studied the wounds he could see. She hadn't been lying. Many of them had healed. Only the larger ones were still healing but he had a feeling that she would be full healed by the time he reached the house. Which meant she healed faster than he did. Which made her dangerous to his pups. Which meant he needed to fill her in and get her away from the boys.

When he reached the house, Griffin reached out to have Max open the door. He knew the boy would be guarding the house. Partly because he had asked but Max took his role as warrior very seriously. "Grab the clothes and Harvey's bag for me Max."

"Is it safe to have her in the house?" Max asked.

"I don't know Max but she has to long enough for me to tell her the laws." Max nodded reluctantly and held the door open. Griffin carried the woman up the stairs to his room. "Leave the stuff by the door. I want you and Logan close to the house."

"But the rogue..." the boy protested.

"Is exactly why I need you both here. I need to stay with her until i know if she's staying or not. I need to know the others are safe." Griffin explained.

Max stood taller the protector and fighter clear in the way he held himself.
"We'll take care of them."

Griffin laid the woman on the bed. Then he sat in front of the door. There was a slim chance she could try to escape out the window but if she wouldn't be a threat to the boys.

A blanket of safety enveloped her as she was lifted off her feet. It was not a feeling Faye expected as she was carried off. At some point she lost consciousness to the pain and fatigue.

When she awoke, the pain had subsided and so had the aches of her healing wounds. She opened her eyes, first examining the wound upon her right shoulder. No wound was apparent. Which meant the rest would be gone as well, and if they weren't they would be just faint scars. Her eyes traced the corners of the room where the ceiling met the walls. It was an unfamiliar place, and the fabric beneath her was soft. So she wasn't back in her personal hell. Sitting up, she was not surprised to see the man from the woods blocking her escape out the door.

Faye glanced at the window, taking a brief moment to assess whether or not it was actually a viable exit strategy. It was, but only if he threatened to attack her. But she had a feeling that wasn't going to happen.

"Okay, you win. I'm here at your home. Do I get that cab now?"

"I'll call you a cab." Griffin assured the woman. He didn't want her to think he was going to keep her hostage. "but there are a few things that I need to tell you before I do." He watched her as he explained. This was the tricky part. "You were attacked by a rogue werewolf. You're not human so I don't know how that will affect you." he told her honestly. He had no idea if she wolf or be able to shift. "Unfortunately how it affects you doesn't matter. Every werewolf who crosses your path is going to know that you've been bitten by a rogue." which probably didn't sound important or all that threatening. Harvey had been less than impressed by this information. "They will be honor bound to either kill you themselves or give your location to the hunters."

He stood to his feet. His movements were smooth. The power and strength of his wolf were obvious. "While your not as weak as a human who has been turned by a rogue you will be hunted. Unlike other alphas I am going to offer you a chance to join my pack where you'll have a chance to have a semi normal life. But it's your choice. Take a few minutes and consider your options. If you want to leave I'll call you a cab. Just know once you leave pack territory your on your own."

Faye tried to wrap her head around the story she was being told. She tried to comprehend the situation she was in, the choices she had before her, and the consequences of said choices. What he said fit. The image of the beast was definitely best described as a werewolf. It confirmed her vague fantasy theory of why she had been in such pain not too long ago. What she didn't want to believe was that she would continue to be a target. It sounded like changing her name and moving town was not going to fix the situation.

She ran her fingers through her hair as she tried to sort the questions she had in her mind. She wrestled with the grief of her former life and tried to accept the new reality that was placed before her.

"I," Faye took a deep breath before continuing, "don't want to put you and your... pack in danger by staying. From the way you talk it sounds like I'm a target whether or not I remain here." She did not need the guilt of being dying on her behalf. She had desperately wanted to leave to avoid getting them caught in her chaos. If they didn't know her secret then they couldn't be mixed up in her mess. But she was now here, healed and being given an opportunity to have sanctuary. Yet he was willing to offer her sanctuary and was willing to open up his secret. The man was not obligated to tell her he was a werewolf and she was in danger.

"Give me those few minutes to think about this. Just point me to the shower and fresh clothes. Because you'll probably want a few more details before you honestly want to follow through with offering me sanctuary."

"My pack is unique." Griffin told her. Which was an understatement. His father had challenged him to make a pack of wolves who weren't part of a pack or rogue. That hadn't left him very many options. "I'm the only pack member that was born in a pack. The rest of the pack are survivors of rogue attacks. Here's some clothes you can borrow." he set the clothes on the dresser by the bed. He open to the door on the left side of the room. "The bathroom is through there. We'll be downstairs when your ready."

Griffin opened the door and stepped out. He closed the door behind him than headed down stairs. From the smell of the house Peter and Travis had dinner ready. 'Foods ready come eat.' he felt Max hesitate. He understood that the boy wanted to stay on guard but he couldn't resist the draw of being with his pack. His pack need almost constant reassurance. He didn't mind. It wasn't there fault. He understood better than anyone could. It was one of the reasons he had wanted to build the type of pack he had.

When he entered the dining room the boys had already taken their place. Three on each side. Travis, Harvey and Logan sat on his right. Max, Peter, and Ben sat on his left. The sat in the order he had found him. He didn't know if they did it or something their wolves directed them to do. They had always done it. Even after he assured them they could sit anywhere. They also always waited for him to eat. None of them would touch their food until he took his first bite. It had been a bit unnerving at first but he was getting used to it.

Last edited:
Faye leaned forward, her hands against the bathroom vanity as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She looked unscathed, the only evidence of the attack the unfamiliar attire which she wore. But reality still was what it was. Soothing out her hair once more, she finally decided it was time to face the music. How much was going tell, she was unsure. But she had decided that she needed to at least get her point across how bad of a situation fate had put everyone in.

The smell of food helped led her down the stairs and into the kitchen. Her eyes scanned over the various faces that were within. There were far more people here than she expected. "You didn't have to help me. So I should say thank you." She leaned against the door frame into the kitchen. Not quite feeling welcome to join the group that had gathered. "Since it seems like I'm gonna be here for a while, unless you change your mind that is, you can call me Faye."

Griffin stood to his feet when the woman entered the room and the boys followed. "Welcome to our home Faye. My name is Griffin and this is my pack. Travis, Harvey, Logan, Max, Peter, and Ben." he pointed to each of the boys as he said their names. They all nodded their heads. Travis watched her wary eyes but everyone else seemed curious. "Please join us." He indicated to the the other end of the table. He didn't wait for her to accept his invitation before sitting down. It was still her choice.

Since they were werewolves and needed a lot of meat there were always two different meats. Travis insisted they have a vegetable even though they didn't really need it. He insisted while their wolves didn't need vegetables their human bodies needed them. Griffin had no idea if that was true or not so he agree just to be on the safe side. He wasn't willing to take any chances. He picked up the bowl of potatoes and put a scoop of them on his plate. Then he handed the bowl to Travis. Once the boy had the bowl, Griffin picked up the plate that had the roast beef. He waited while Travis served himself and passed the potatoes to Harvey one the older boys hands were free Griffin helped himself a large portion of roast beef and handed the plate to Travis. They continued this until the potatoes reached the end of the table where there was an empty seat. Then the simply waited for Faye to decide what she was going to do.

Seven. There were seven people - innocents - who were getting wrapped up in the bad luck that life handed her. Then again it could be worse, yet she also wished that no one had found her out in those woods. Faye didn't want to be the outsider who intruded on their meal. But when she felt her stomach complain, and she was sure that the rest heard it too whether or not werewolves had keen hearing, she moved from her spot in the doorway. The chair scrapped upon the floor as she took her place at the end of the table. She took the offered food and filled the plate. A long sigh escaped her before she took a bite. If this being eaten alive thing was going to be a threat, she'd need all the energy her body could extract and store. It was a logical approach, besides it had been a long while since she'd actually shared a meal with anyone.

"So what does it mean to be a werewolf?" Faye had intended to warn Griffin about her past. But that seemed to need to wait, or she was just a coward that didn't want to just bring that subject up out of the blue among so many strangers. "I can't quite remember if it was a full moon last night, if that even matters. There are probably a lot of myths and legends that may not be true. So what should I know about your... abilities."

"Being a werewolf means safety." Travis answered as he passed the last plate of meat to Harvey. He had never been safe until he had been attacked by a rogue.

"Being a werewolf means acceptance." Harvey answered a he passed the plate to Logan. He had hadn't been accepted before he was attacked.

"Being a werewolf means freedom." Logan answered as he passed the dishes to Ben. He had been trapped before one of his customers attack him.

"Being a werewolf means family." Ben typed out his phone. He was still learning how to communicate. The text to speech app had made that so much easier. He hadn't had a family until he was attacked. He passed the plate to Peter.

"Being a werewolf means respect." Peter took the plate from Ben. Respect wasn't something he had had much of before he was attacked. He passed the plate to Max.

"Being a werewolf means honor." Max answered as he set the plate down and took the next from his brother. He hadn't had much honor before the attack.

"We shift and hunt on the full moon. But we can shift anytime. We have enhanced senses. We're not immortal but we do live longer than humans. Silver weakens us." Griffin answered as he picked up his silverware. He waited until everyone had had food on their plate. He had learned if he didn't Peter and Ben wouldn't eat until everyone was finished. This way they all started together as equals. Once everyone had their silverware in hand he started to eat.