The Maze Test

F

FishWolf

Original poster
PLOT
It is the year 3012. The entire world looks like a sprawling city with skyscrapers that break the cloud cover. Plants are grown in artificial environments, and no other plants grow outside of those. The cities are blackened and choked with pollution and overpopulation, and crime fills the streets.
But there is an area where artificial grass grows, and where the air is clear under a large dome, and where animals live. This area is where Project Dome has begun, a project started by the government to try to provide a safe haven among the chaos. Millions of people are fighting over the right to live there, but only those who survive a certain test get to start their new lives under the dome. If Project Dome goes right, there may be hope, and slowly, cities will be demolished, and replaced by domes, where planet restoration will begin under that dome. If all goes right, every last bit of the blackened cities will be replaced by peaceful areas with growing grass and live animals. Then all of the domes will be lifted, and earth will be restored. But we are VERY far from that point. The first dome has been established, and the first group of people will be tested.

The test: Make it through The Maze alive. The Maze is a giant underground system that serves as the test. At the end of the maze is sanctuary. But it isn't as simple as that. There are traps, puzzles, and deadly creatures that lie in the inside of the dark maze. Overpopulation is the problem, so the government designed the maze so that a large group can go into the maze, and only a few people come out. You are one in ten people who have applied to take the test. Can you survive The Maze Test?
APPLICATION:
Apply for the test here. All we need is your name and age. Any relatives will be notified of your entering the test. If you become deceased, we will inform your relatives of your status. If you survive the maze, we will also inform your family. If you do not have any relatives, you only need to fill out your name and age. By signing this application you have agreed to enter the test, where you must accept any happenings while testing. We are not responsible for any deaths or injuries that may occur while being tested.
LAST NAME:​
FIRST NAME:​
MIDDLE NAME:​
BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM I AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS LISTED ABOVE:​

By the way, I play both a person being tested and the man on the loudspeakers.

Colors for my characters:

THIS COLOR IS FOR THE PERSON BEING TESTED.

THIS COLOR IS FOR THE MAN ON THE LOUDSPEAKER.

This is the form for my person entering the test:

LAST NAME: Smith
FIRST NAME: Wilson
MIDDLE NAME: Davida
BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM I AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS LISTED ABOVE: Yes
So Wilson's nickname is Will. The man on the loudspeaker's name is unknown, but people call him Number Five.​

LAST NAME: Petrova
FIRST NAME:Tamara
MIDDLE NAME: Ivanovna
BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM I AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS LISTED ABOVE: Yes

is this all that i have to put about my character?​

Yup. The test will accept pretty much anybody, so it's a pretty simple form to fill out.

I can jump in now? Oh yeah, are we in the same batch? I wanna meet Will.

Yey! can we meet pretty early then? :D

Yeah. Your character was in the same room at the time, and now you've just been released into the maze. The group will probably talk a bit before actually trying to solve the maze.

great! see you in the maze...

oh yeah wait. rules? can we bring appropriate equipment? do we have a deadline?

Hmm...I never thought of that. Yes, but only things that you can smuggle in under your clothing. Can't bring anything like a ladder or anything big.

okay. i'll be asking a lot on the way, hope you don't mind.

It's fine. I was kind of vague about the rules.

So, have you read the entry in my blog? It kind of gives a preview of what kinds of traps you might encounter in the maze. I wasn't sure or not, because it sounded like you were describing the sound of the walls closing in your last post.

No, it was meant to be just someone hitting the wall hard. Oops.

Oh, well I already posted. Do you prefer it to be that someone had ventured into the maze and had met the moving wall trap, or do you want me to delete my post and write again?

oh no, yours is fine, it fits a lot better too. So, could you explain what happened? it's going pretty well.

Wait, do you mean explain what happened in the roleplay, or on here?