The Maze [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl remained quiet, silently judging everyone before approaching or saying anything at all to the others. He saw a young girl sitting up against a wall, a young woman, a prisoner, and a man with a sword so far. It was an odd looking bunch and he wondered why them of all people had been chosen by this maniac. Sighing, he placed a hand on his side, touching where his gun was for reassurance before walking toward any of the others. He stayed back a cautious distance from them.

"So, hey, do any of you guys know what the heck is going on?" he asked to nobody in particular.

@Dallas @Nico Di Angelo @Verite @JayJay

(If you guys can't see my font, let me know. I use the white looking opal background here on iwaku because I don't like the black, so I can't tell if certain fonts are hard to see for you black theme users. XD )

"Uh-huh..." Aoko nodded as she listened, intrigued. Ignoring his comment about it supposedly not being magic, she replied to him. "Huh, with those kinds of abilities, you must have a Magic Crest as good as Sis's..." She mumbled, scowling a bit as she was called by her name, and that she accidentally brought her older sister to mind, but still, she tried to ignore those two things, "Hell and the Mortal World...? Well, that's not the strangest thing I've heard. Or at least, at this point I'm not surprised by anything anymore."

"You're kinda freaky, but I could get used to you! That's what I thought about Alice at first too!" She said with a smile, as if that seemed to be the best compliment she could offer.
*I let out a small laugh, and said, "I'm not so sure about that. I think I've already been through hell." I then turned my head to the right, and pointed at the large burns I received from a heist a few years back. I've also suffered from multiple bone fractures, and bullet wounds. Yeah, I think I've been through hell already. Also, why does this guy keep saying we're mortals? I heard him talking about that he was a demigod or some shit, but I don't really believe it. I'll need some more proof before I can even start to believe something like that. Though, that cat is a start I suppose...*

@Nico Di Angelo

Carl remained quiet, silently judging everyone before approaching or saying anything at all to the others. He saw a young girl sitting up against a wall, a young woman, a prisoner, and a man with a sword so far. It was an odd looking bunch and he wondered why them of all people had been chosen by this maniac. Sighing, he placed a hand on his side, touching where his gun was for reassurance before walking toward any of the others. He stayed back a cautious distance from them.

"So, hey, do any of you guys know what the heck is going on?" he asked to nobody in particular.

@Dallas @Nico Di Angelo @Verite @JayJay

(If you guys can't see my font, let me know. I use the white looking opal background here on iwaku because I don't like the black, so I can't tell if certain fonts are hard to see for you black theme users. XD )

Nico smirked at all of them. "Oh Hoxton.. I can bring hell upon earth. But i wouldn't. And yes. We are stuck here because some crazy lunatic trapped us. Anyways." He stretched, color apparently went back to his face. A visible spirit floated from the ground. A girl, with sparkling grey eyes, brown hair and tan skin, smiled at Nico. "Hello Nico."

"Hell B-Bianca. EHM.. Anyways.. May I have my report?"

She smiled but frowned. "I... I don't know where we are... Anyways.. Um.. Wait. W-why are mortals around you? Why did you leave camp? Where is percy?! Nico?!"

Nico waved the ghost away,

He turned to his 'friends'.

"Sorry for the interruption. Ghosts p-pester me." His face seemed to lost the color again. "So."

His stomach growled.

"Food..." He muttered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prim hadn't cried in what seemed like ages, but she was getting way too close to doing it now.
Slowly though, she began to think a little more about things. She couldn't be in the Hunger Games.
Some of the people around her were too old to be tributes, and she would have had to go through many other things first.

Noticing a boy that seemed about her age approach the group of talking people, she forced herself to gather some more confidence and get up.
These people were all in the same situation as her, so she might as well team up with them. Except that the voice did mention there was one traitor.

Prim approached the group and asked her question, not to anyone in particular, but still hoping for an answer.
"Yeah... I have no idea how I ended up here either... What happened...?"

@Verite
@Dallas
@Nico Di Angelo
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

// Also @Klutzy Ninja Kitty if you don't change your font color to black, it'll appear as white to the people who use black backgrounds ^^ black is just the default color for us, white is their default, if you'd actually set the color of your font to black, it would be invisible to them

Nico smirked at all of them. "Oh Hoxton.. I can bring hell upon earth. But i wouldn't. And yes. We are stuck here because some crazy lunatic trapped us. Anyways." He stretched, color apparently went back to his face. A visible spirit floated from the ground. A girl, with sparkling grey eyes, brown hair and tan skin, smiled at Nico. "Hello Nico."
"Hell B-Bianca. EHM.. Anyways.. May I have my report?"
She smiled but frowned. "I... I don't know where we are... Anyways.. Um.. Wait. W-why are mortals around you? Why did you leave camp? Where is percy?! Nico?!"
Nico waved the ghost away,
He turned to his 'friends'.
"Sorry for the interruption. Ghosts p-pester me." His face seemed to lost the color again. "So."
His stomach growled.
"Food..." He muttered.
Carl's jaw dropped, surprised to see the spirit Nico was speaking to. It seemed strange, but then again Carl had already seen a lot of odd things in his young life. "If someone like you has the power to talk to spirits, I'd think that you'd have the power to get yourself some food with your stomach growling like that," Carl mumbled, continuing to keep his hand on his side where his gun was at. Although he wanted to be more trusting of others, he still had an instinct to keep himself on high alert when first meeting new people.

Prim hadn't cried in what seemed like ages, but she was getting way too close to doing it now.
Slowly though, she began to think a little more about things. She couldn't be in the Hunger Games.
Some of the people around her were too old to be tributes, and she would have had to go through many other things first.
Noticing a boy that seemed about her age approach the group of talking people, she forced herself to gather some more confidence and get up.
These people were all in the same situation as her, so she might as well team up with them. Except that the voice did mention there was one traitor.
Prim approached the group and asked her question, not to anyone in particular, but still hoping for an answer.
"Yeah... I have no idea how I ended up here either... What happened...?"
// Also @Klutzy Ninja Kitty if you don't change your font color to black, it'll appear as white to the people who use black backgrounds ^^ black is just the default color for us, white is their default, if you'd actually set the color of your font to black, it would be invisible to them
Carl then noticed the younger girl--who looked to be about his age--move forward toward them. She looked as if she had been crying. He frowned, hoping she wasn't too upset anymore. He wasn't exactly the best person in the world at drying tears. The only one he ever helped calm down from crying was his little sister Judith, and she was only a baby.

"I'd guess we've all been kidnapped," Carl told Prim, shrugging his shoulders. "But I'm not sure exactly. Where have you come from?" he asked her. Heck, where had any of these people come from?

Carl then noticed the younger girl--who looked to be about his age--move forward toward them. She looked as if she had been crying. He frowned, hoping she wasn't too upset anymore. He wasn't exactly the best person in the world at drying tears. The only one he ever helped calm down from crying was his little sister Judith, and she was only a baby.

"I'd guess we've all been kidnapped," Carl told Prim, shrugging his shoulders. "But I'm not sure exactly. Where have you come from?" he asked her. Heck, where had any of these people come from?
It was a relief that the boy came to talk to her. It was probably his age, but he seemed like the most trustworthy person of the group. A boy in his early teens could never be a traitor, right? Because if he was, the person roleplaying Primrose in another dimension would be very upset, and we don't want that.

"I'm from twelve. My name's Primrose... Just call me Prim though, everyone else does." she answered him.
The girl of course assumed that everyone around here was from her own world, which is why she mentioned District 12 as her home.
She held her arms in front of her, her right hand over her left.

*Yang yawns after hearing all the chatter from the overcom and from everyone talking. She sighs rubbing her head. She thinks this is all a dream as she stands up* Huh. I don't remember ever meeting or seeing any of you. Oh well dreams are weird. *she places her hands on her hips and looks over the group. It's definitely a diverse group*
@anyone

It was a relief that the boy came to talk to her. It was probably his age, but he seemed like the most trustworthy person of the group. A boy in his early teens could never be a traitor, right? Because if he was, the person roleplaying Primrose in another dimension would be very upset, and we don't want that.

"I'm from twelve. My name's Primrose... Just call me Prim though, everyone else does." she answered him.

The girl of course assumed that everyone around here was from her own world, which is why she mentioned District 12 as her home.

She held her arms in front of her, her right hand over her left.
When the girl that was around his age moved closer, Carl looked at her curiously. He also had a feeling she was a more trustworthy person of the group and also probably not the traitor that was spoken of. If she was, the person roleplaying as Carl in some other far off universe would yet again be betrayed by an adorable child character like in the first murder games, and surely once was enough for that to happen, yes?

But although she seemed rather trustworthy and innocent, when she spoke Carl was confused. "What do you mean by twelve? Is that a street address somewhere in Atlanta?" he asked, trying to figure this girl out.

• Love
Reactions: Ellya

Xeon woke up and stretched his legs and yawned, whoa what an actual cat-nap, like, literally. He looked around to see that it was ridicoulously hot and he was in a maze. Huh? wow how'd that happen? first thing that he did was he looked up to the sky above him to see a bright blue sky and a burning sun, Xeon put up the hood of his fancy-looking studded, sleeveless jacket, there were holes in the top just so his little cat ears had room to pop out. By the looks of things he assumed he was still in his kingdom, in the jungled area where the Panthers lived, in other words his wild, ferocious family, what did you think that this cute little kitten was harmless? Oh think again he was raised by bigcats and learned to survive on his own. His tail waved around curiously as he curiously called out to see if perhaps there was anyone nearby, probably jamal playing a prank on him or something again.

"Hello? Anybody out there!?"

He then proceeded on his way staying in the shade of the shadows of the surprisingly tall bushes and shrubs along the maze. He wondered if? Oh! a squirrel! no wait!? No way it was his old friend Lucas the squiirl! the cat nuzzled the cheeky rodent as the animal perched himself on Xeon's shoulder for a peaceful midday nap, and then he marched on forward on with this maze, better to just get this over with right?​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
When the girl that was around his age moved closer, Carl looked at her curiously. He also had a feeling she was a more trustworthy person of the group and also probably not the traitor that was spoken of. If she was, the person roleplaying as Carl in some other far off universe would yet again be betrayed by an adorable child character like in the first murder games, and surely once was enough for that to happen, yes?
But although she seemed rather trustworthy and innocent, when she spoke Carl was confused. "What do you mean by twelve? Is that a street address somewhere in Atlanta?" he asked, trying to figure this girl out.
Prim frowned, not understanding why the boy didn't know what District 12 was.
"No. I mean District Twelve. Atlanta's been gone for a century." She squinted her eyes a little in confusion. As one of the luckier girls in District 12, Prim was actually schooled by a private teacher from time to time, in return for food that Katniss brought to the table, back when her father was still alive.
If there was one thing she remembered, it was history. She loved learning about how things were before Panem came.
"Yeah... Atlanta and most of Old-America was wiped out somewhere... at the start of the 21st century during some kind of invasion. Why are you bringing it up?"

Prim frowned, not understanding why the boy didn't know what District 12 was.

"No. I mean District Twelve. Atlanta's been gone for a century." She squinted her eyes a little in confusion. As one of the luckier girls in District 12, Prim was actually schooled by a private teacher from time to time, in return for food that Katniss brought to the table, back when her father was still alive.

If there was one thing she remembered, it was history. She loved learning about how things were before Panem came.

"Yeah... Atlanta and most of Old-America was wiped out somewhere... at the start of the 21st century during some kind of invasion. Why are you bringing it up?"
Carl felt even more confused the more he heard Prim speak. What did she mean by District 12? And what did she mean by "Old-America"?

"Yeah, I know most of America has been wiped out. It's because the walking dead took it down. But what I don't understand is why you say it was lost centuries ago? It was only take down a couple years ago. Are you speaking in some kind of code?" he asked, trying hard to figure this strange girl out.

Reactions: Xibilation
Carl felt even more confused the more he heard Prim speak. What did she mean by District 12? And what did she mean by "Old-America"?

"Yeah, I know most of America has been wiped out. It's because the walking dead took it down. But what I don't understand is why you say it was lost centuries ago? It was only take down a couple years ago. Are you speaking in some kind of code?" he asked, trying hard to figure this strange girl out.
"I think you got it wrong. That virus took down that entire country, it started in 2012 and every human was dead by 2028. That's for sure, I've read some pages written by a boy named Carl that lived through it. You should give it a read sometime, he's a wonderful writer."
Prim was smiling by now, no doubt in her mind. He had to be wrong, it was the only explanation that made any sense.
But slowly, the pieces were falling together, and she considered just for a moment that the boy in front of her lived in the past. But of course, it was a thought she immediately let go of. It just couldn't be possible.

Xeon woke up and stretched his legs and yawned, whoa what an actual cat-nap, like, literally. He looked around to see that it was ridicoulously hot and he was in a maze. Huh? wow how'd that happen? first thing that he did was he looked up to the sky above him to see a bright blue sky and a burning sun, Xeon put up the hood of his fancy-looking studded, sleeveless jacket, there were holes in the top just so his little cat ears had room to pop out. By the looks of things he assumed he was still in his kingdom, in the jungled area where the Panthers lived, in other words his wild, ferocious family, what did you think that this cute little kitten was harmless? Oh think again he was raised by bigcats and learned to survive on his own. His tail waved around curiously as he curiously called out to see if perhaps there was anyone nearby, probably jamal playing a prank on him or something again.

"Hello? Anybody out there!?"

He then proceeded on his way staying in the shade of the shadows of the surprisingly tall bushes and shrubs along the maze. He wondered if? Oh! a squirrel! no wait!? No way it was his old friend Lucas the squiirl! the cat nuzzled the cheeky rodent as the animal perched himself on Xeon's shoulder for a peaceful midday nap, and then he marched on forward on with this maze, better to just get this over with right?​

Small bob ran to Xeon... Small Bob knew there was a fellow feline around. The skeleton cat purred at Xeon, sitting right front of him.... This was odd. Nico just stared at the scene, wondering what would happen.

"I think you got it wrong. That virus took down that entire country, it started in 2012 and every human was dead by 2028. That's for sure, I've read some pages written by a boy named Carl that lived through it. You should give it a read sometime, he's a wonderful writer."
Prim was smiling by now, no doubt in her mind. He had to be wrong, it was the only explanation that made any sense.
But slowly, the pieces were falling together, and she considered just for a moment that the boy in front of her lived in the past. But of course, it was a thought she immediately let go of. It just couldn't be possible.

Carl laughed mockingly. He came off as a bit rude sometimes thanks to growing up without a mother to tell him he should mind his manners. "Ha, sure. What are you saying then? You come from the future and I come from the past? I've seen a lot of crazy things, but time travel would top any of it. I don't don't believe it, to be honest. The only thing I believe is what I can see, and that's a big maze and a small group of people I don't know." He glanced around. There was no sight of his father, sister, or other companions. He would have to be careful if he was going to find them.

Carl laughed mockingly. He came off as a bit rude sometimes thanks to growing up without a mother to tell him he should mind his manners. "Ha, sure. What are you saying then? You come from the future and I come from the past? I've seen a lot of crazy things, but time travel would top any of it. I don't don't believe it, to be honest. The only thing I believe is what I can see, and that's a big maze and a small group of people I don't know." He glanced around. There was no sight of his father, sister, or other companions. He would have to be careful if he was going to find them.

Prim raised her eyebrows at the boy. He might be a little older and taller than her, but she didn't like him just laughing at her as if she was insane. But the strangest thing was that he seemed just as convinced that he was right as Prim was. They both truly believed the other was wrong. "Of course time travel isn't possible, but that only means I'm right. America died in 2028, it's now 2247 so that makes it more than two centuries since it happened! But what you're saying..."

After that, Prim didn't know what to say any more. There were a million things she wanted to ask him, like where he was from and what year he lived in. But fortunately, she realized that asking him those questions might make her look a little bit stupid, so she just let it go. She sighed. "... I'm sorry. I'm just really, really confused about all this and I don't know what to do... It's scaring me a little." She looked at the boy with a slight frown, surprised she just told a total stranger she was afraid. But again, THERE WAS NO WAY HE IS A TRAITOR, RIGHT????????

// ok ill stop that now

Prim raised her eyebrows at the boy. He might be a little older and taller than her, but she didn't like him just laughing at her as if she was insane. But the strangest thing was that he seemed just as convinced that he was right as Prim was. They both truly believed the other was wrong. "Of course time travel isn't possible, but that only means I'm right. America died in 2028, it's now 2247 so that makes it more than two centuries since it happened! But what you're saying..."

After that, Prim didn't know what to say any more. There were a million things she wanted to ask him, like where he was from and what year he lived in. But fortunately, she realized that asking him those questions might make her look a little bit stupid, so she just let it go. She sighed. "... I'm sorry. I'm just really, really confused about all this and I don't know what to do... It's scaring me a little." She looked at the boy with a slight frown, surprised she just told a total stranger she was afraid. But again, THERE WAS NO WAY HE IS A TRAITOR, RIGHT????????

// ok ill stop that now
//Suuure you will. :P

Carl shook his head in disbelief, his sherif hat shifting slightly when he did. "I'm just not sure I can believe you. It's 2014 where I come from. Sure, America has gone to hell, but it isn't dead. There are some survivors. I would know, because I'm one of them." Carl was one of the survivors, so was his father, and so was the rest of his group of friends. The last thing he had remembered was his group sitting around inside of a church, a man named Abraham telling them of his plan to go to Washington DC to deliver a scientist who was supposed to know how to end the virus once and for all. He invited Carl's father and group, and Carl's father, Rick, had agreed. The next thing Carl remembered was waking up inside this maze. Something had happened while he was out, only he wasn't sure what exactly.

When the girl apologized, Carl realized she was afraid and immediately felt a bit guilty about not being so nice. "Hey, don't feel bad," he said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You don't have to be afraid. We'll figure out what's going on and make it out of this place. But if you can't control your fear, my mom always told me to look at it as a super power. When you're afraid, you run faster, you feel adrenaline, you're stronger, and you can do things you never thought you could do before. So don't worry so much," he said, ruffling her hair a little. For some reason, even though Carl was a child himself, he treated other kids like they were a child and he was an adult. He acted a lot older than someone normally his age.

//Suuure you will. :P
Carl shook his head in disbelief, his sherif hat shifting slightly when he did. "I'm just not sure I can believe you. It's 2014 where I come from. Sure, America has gone to hell, but it isn't dead. There are some survivors. I would know, because I'm one of them." Carl was one of the survivors, so was his father, and so was the rest of his group of friends. The last thing he had remembered was his group sitting around inside of a church, a man named Abraham telling them of his plan to go to Washington DC to deliver a scientist who was supposed to know how to end the virus once and for all. He invited Carl's father and group, and Carl's father, Rick, had agreed. The next thing Carl remembered was waking up inside this maze. Something had happened while he was out, only he wasn't sure what exactly.
When the girl apologized, Carl realized she was afraid and immediately felt a bit guilty about not being so nice. "Hey, don't feel bad," he said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You don't have to be afraid. We'll figure out what's going on and make it out of this place. But if you can't control your fear, my mom always told me to look at it as a super power. When you're afraid, you run faster, you feel adrenaline, you're stronger, and you can do things you never thought you could do before. So don't worry so much," he said, ruffling her hair a little. For some reason, even though Carl was a child himself, he treated other kids like they were a child and he was an adult. He acted a lot older than someone normally his age.

A little smile appeared on Prim's face, she looked at Carl and held her right hand over her left in front of her again. "Thanks..." It was still hard to believe she was talking to a boy from the past, but for all Prim knew, he had no reason to lie and he didn't look like he was lying either. There were too many questions to answer at this moment, and trying to think of answers would only be a waste of time. "I believe you. We'll figure everything out. I mean, some people around here look really smart... and weird. Maybe one of them knows more." Even thought she felt slightly comforted by the boy with her, Prim was still worried about her sister Katniss. She would never let anything happen to her, and she would always protect her. But now that Katniss wasn't here, Prim wasn't sure what to do.

A little smile appeared on Prim's face, she looked at Carl and held her right hand over her left in front of her again. "Thanks..." It was still hard to believe she was talking to a boy from the past, but for all Prim knew, he had no reason to lie and he didn't look like he was lying either. There were too many questions to answer at this moment, and trying to think of answers would only be a waste of time. "I believe you. We'll figure everything out. I mean, some people around here look really smart... and weird. Maybe one of them knows more." Even thought she felt slightly comforted by the boy with her, Prim was still worried about her sister Katniss. She would never let anything happen to her, and she would always protect her. But now that Katniss wasn't here, Prim wasn't sure what to do.

"You're right about that," Carl replied, looking away from Prim for a moment and looking at the others once more. He now noticed a couple more people with them now, and they all looked as confused as Prim did. "What was your name again? Primrose? Should we talk to the others and see if they know anything? I don't picture most of them will, but maybe we'll get lucky and the traitor will slip up and say something."

Small bob ran to Xeon... Small Bob knew there was a fellow feline around. The skeleton cat purred at Xeon, sitting right front of him.... This was odd. Nico just stared at the scene, wondering what would happen.
Xeon watched as a skeletan cat ran out in front of him, well that was something new. He smiled nonetheless and his ears perked up in reponse. "Hello there, what's your name?, they call me Xeon" He said with his tail waving happily, slowly back and forth.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Xeon watched as a skeletan cat ran out in front of him, well that was something new. He smiled nonetheless and his ears perked up in reponse. "Hello there, what's your name?, they call me Xeon" He said with his tail waving happily, slowly back and forth.

Though, the skeleton cat didn't really speak... But just meowed. Maybe he said his name in.. Cat.. He guessed.... Nico was confused

Though, the skeleton cat didn't really speak... But just meowed. Maybe he said his name in.. Cat.. He guessed.... Nico was confused
"Oh?" Back where he was from cats talked and spoke clear English, that was because they were really just a variation of neko that could shape shift there technically were no real cats there... he thought that maybe he could try to communicate with it anyways thouuugh. He started to meow in an attempt to speak cat. "Nya?"

Translation into cat: "Hey you, who the hell are you? you look like some kind of bum" Yes all that was said in one mewl. He hoped that he said that right.... he didn't want to sound rude or to confuse the feline.

Status
Not open for further replies.