The Mark of the Absolution(IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But it would be the first time by me. Why stop there? Time is mine to command. Sever all your precious little body parts."
"Cutting me up when I'm dead doesn't cause me any more pain" he says with a small shrug "I think you should worry about how brutally you'll kill The Intruder, rather than me. He's the enemy, remember?"​

"Cutting me up when I'm dead doesn't cause me any more pain" he says with a small shrug "I think you should worry about how brutally you'll kill The Intruder, rather than me. He's the enemy, remember?"​
"He'll die soon enough. He was lucky to escape from us as it is. But even he wasn't dumb enough to call me crazy."

Reactions: DapperDogman
"He'll die soon enough. He was lucky to escape from us as it is. But even he wasn't dumb enough to call me crazy."
"Now you've stopped shouting, I'd like to clarify I actually said you're not crazy..." he says, shrugging "At least not as crazy as I may have assumed originally"
"I'm pretty sure that's normally a good thing..." he adds, unsure of why she was so sensitive to being called crazy "But hey, there's probably a cultural difference"​

This was it! He'd take them all down in one fell swoop! He wouldn't have to carry the burden of being thoroughly humiliated by some brat and his samurai. Wouldn't get his paycheck but his personal reputation came before anything else. Which is why he flashed a mad grin at the group as he reached to pull the pin on the grenade. But at that exact moment, Jack vanished from his field of vision again. Where had he gone, what was he thinking he could do? This explosion would be big enough to get all of them-

Everything stopped for Dennis at that moment. The last sounds he heard were of the nearly silent-slish!-as Jack's blade cleaved through his neck, vertebrae and all. As a red line began appearing on his neck, Dennis's mouth was left in a permanent gape of horror before it separated full from the fish's neck. Hitting the floor with a roll, it eventually came to a stop at T.O.M's feet who merely kicked it away. Cowards like Dennis who'd rather go in all or nothing and kill just for a quick buck weren't deserving of respect in the robot's eyes. Still, the robot braced himself as Jack proceeded to deal with Dennis's leftover grenade.

As the explosion rang out and smoke could have been seen billowing in from the kitchen, T.O.M approached Jack and nodded towards his friend.

"Jack? You did good. I..Know killing him likely wasn't the option you would have chosen given a choice. But what you did saved a lot of lives and ours as well. So, hope you're feeling alright about it." As for Ulrich, T.O.M couldn't quite get behind snatching up a dead man's weapon but hey the kid was justified at least. Wasn't much a guy Ulrich could do without being armed in some fashion. The robot just wished the weapon didn't have to come from a lowlife like Dennis. Sparing a glance out the way, T.O.M watched as Moltar slowly poked his head back into the bar now that the fighting had died down.

sgc2c_ep087_01.jpg

"Oh. You guys aren't all horribly disfigured or dead. Guess that's a plus. Would have told you to run out with me. But I didn't so..Anyway, now that the fighting's all done and I'm still in one piece, I guess I could take you to where I saw that suspicious stuff. Would have done it earlier but kind of got stopped due to the fish merc and the Aqua Teens. Oh, uh are you okay? Guess that's something I should ask."

T.O.M. wondered where Moltar had gotten that beer before deciding it wasn't important as he shook his head from side to side. They had gone to the Salty Spitoon and gotten more than they bargained for. Leaving T.O.M. wary of just blindly following Moltar to wherever he deemed 'suspicious'. If they were going which they were since y'know a lead is a lead , T.O.M. wanted to know everything.

"Before we go anywhere, what was the figure you saw like Moltar?"

"Uh, about your height? Had a black costume, skull mask, had a X on the forehead. He also had a bit of a cape which I thought was too much. But I've never pretended to really know much about costume design. Normally seen the guy slinking around these districts before when I go out on my walks. Didn't bother him though, so he didn't bother me. But lately I've seen him with small traces of goopy red stuff dripping from his cape. Maybe that's a sign of a clue? I dunno. From what I know of the guy, working for the Intruder isn't something he'd do unless there was money in it for him. Kinda like our friend, Dennis. But the blob droplets I saw coming off him made me think different. He's been sulking around the neighbor hood recently. If you guys want to lay low for a bit and hold some kinda stake out , I don't mind you crashing at my place. Got a nice vantage point of the district for the most part."

T.O.M. had been to Moltar's place which basically amounted to a tent Moltar had set up on the roof of an apartment. Because when you retired from being a super villian, you didn't get too many perks. The last time he'd been up there, it was when he was TOM 3 and Moltar in a drunken stupor wanted control of the Absolution back and it ended in a brawl and just wasn't a good time. But a rooftop was indeed a nice place to scout out the district and get a look at where this guy might be.

"..Red X, huh? Yeah, he's not like Dennis. X can be decent when he wants to be. Helping someone like the Intruder isn't something he'd do unless there was a good reason for it..Alright, we'll do a stake-out. You okay with that, Jack? Oh, and could one of you go and kick Hiei awake? Thanks."

@Crimson Spartan @york @The Tactician
latest

"It is alright, my friend. Many have refused the offer to surrender with honor before, and in the future? Many more will as well, until my journey finally comes to an end," It was with a solemn air that he answered back, taking his place by the robot's side. It seemed whatever sort of distress the moment caused for him held little weight in the short-term, even if it had gone against his initial judgments.

He listened in silence as the host duo spoke to one another. He was not familiar with the warrior whose description was being given, but he could certainly remember the details if need be. It would certainly make the coming task easy if they were to follow thru with T.O.M.'s plan, "The plan is sound, and I can fulfill the role of watch without being seen. That is, if it will fulfill our needs, my friend."
Hiei had been soundly asleep during all of this... Well until Yurick just had to go and nudge him.

I was in a quickness and didn't even look like he moved until the sleeping version of Hiei vanished into thin air. He appeared with his sword only millimeters away from Yurick.

hiei-11-1.jpg

"Touch me again and i'll slice you into bits..." Oh now he's pissed...

@Lizzy @T.O.M. @The Tactician @Kaykay @york
Oh. So it was like that. Oh boy, and Yurick wasn't in the best of moods himself today.

images

"Someone was asked to wake you, so I did. The last thing we need is a fight right now. You say you have a score to settle with the Intruder? So do I, so it'd be best to move your blade away from me and quit wasting our time, hm?" Yurick was surprisingly calm as he stared Hiei down. He barely moved, besides his fingers twitching just the slightest as if they'd ignite once more when Hiei was out of sight for that split second.

@T.O.M. @Kaykay @The Tactician @Crimson Spartan @york
For a moment he stood there his eyes locked onto Yurick before he slowly almost cautiously moved his blade away from Yurick for now.

"Hmph.. You're not worth the effort of killing anyways but.... You get in my way to the Intruder or touch me again and I won't hesitate to kill you..." Hiei would speak and for a moment anyone in the area would feel an almost bone chilling energy Hiei was emitting.

For that moment... It looked like he was surrounded by an aura of pure darkness flame...

TWbllkE.jpg

"I'm done wasting my time with you fools anyways... I'll go and find Red X on my own..." and just like that Hiei was gone again. If he was asleep whne T.O.M was speaking then how did he know to go after Red X....? Who knows but to those who payed attention there had seemed to be a glow underneath his headband a moment so perhaps he read someone's mind to figure it out...?

@T.O.M. @Lizzy @Kaykay @The Tactician @york
Ulrich Stern
@T.O.M. @Lizzy @Kaykay @The Tactician @Crimson Spartan

Ulrich sighed, plopping himself down on the concrete lining surrounding the roof they were on... Though, the mention of Red X suddenly brought his attention up.

"Red X? Sound fun... Count me in." He said, standing up suddenly, rubbing his chin, looks like if it's one thing Ulrich is good at, it's a stakeout... "So, where does that guy usually hang out?" He asked, turning around as he began looking over the streets below him, already seeming to be plotting various ways they could gather information on the Red X, without the Red X even knowing it...

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

241.gif

Weasel was not too fond of being assaulted by the comical looking alien and he let it be known. His tongue flailing about like a rabid earthworm, his eyes bulging out of his head. After a moment or two however, he'd calm down and calmly reached for Zim's hands to remove them from his person.

"I am Weasel. Not a dog-thing. I've recently been promoted to watching over the Cartoon Jail. I'm..Afraid I don't have access to those kinds of materials. Perhaps the guard would be more useful in seeing to your needs. Also, don't break the nameplate. It's very important. Guard!"

As Spongebob and Patrick idly watched as Zim did his thing, they screamed and hid behind the Irken as the 'guard' made his way onto the scene. Picking his nose all the while, not really reflecting the whole guard motif that he was apparently supposed to have.

I-R-Baboon-i-am-weasel-477962_161_157.gif

"I r guard! Me help u find...Code? Code!"

Looking over Zim's shoulder, Spongebob coughed to catch Baboon's attention. Before quickly cowering again once he had gotten it. The two fish didn't have the best reputation with primates(or zebras for that matter but thankfully there were none of those around)but they weren't looking for these codes.

"We're actually looking to see if any of um..The people you have locked up here know anything about what's happening. Mister Baboon sir.."

"Also, your butts really red." Patrick added on at the end. Baboon looked over his shoulder at his protruding red buttocks and nodded in agreement as he hopped up and down. "They r red they r! U want to meet prisoners? Can do!" Doing a cartwheel down the hall, Spongebob and Patrick glanced at Zim before quickly cartwheeling as well. Weseal simply groaned in exasperation. He had a bad feeling about everything that Baboon did and leading a little green man, a sponge, and a starfish didn't seem like it'd be any easier.

As the group continued to make their way down the row of cells, they would have seen all the hives of scum and villany that ravaged Cartoon City at one point or another. It seemed like there were quite a number of people from Cartoon City's attempt at getting into the 'reality show' market and failing. But the less said about that the better. Stopping at one cell in particular, Baboon glanced around. "Need to be on bessssssst behavior! Dis one is bad! Like r really bad!"

The cell was dimly lit with a flickering light bulb situated right in the center of the room. Swinging idly from side to side and a slow chuckle cut through the air.

s6dqQMJuO90.jpg

"It's not often I get visitors. What's the occasion..."

(sorry for the delay, crunchy! will reply to the rest of ya asap!)
Zim would ignore almost everything Weasel had to say, looking around for the nuclear codes. This mission was crucial, for then he could use the nuclear codes to reset the password on the humans nuclear array...so they wouldn't be able to use their nuclear array anymore, hah! If Zim couldn't use it, then no one can--

Wait.

Zim paused and thought about his plot for a second, before turning back and remembering what he was supposed to be doing

"AAHAH! Yes, I was clearly...uh...just testing to see if you were being MIND-CONTROLLED, KANGAROO-PERSON!!" he spoke, once again misnaming Weasel. Before the red wolf-guy could respond, Zim was already marching after Baboon, seeking his target. GIR was still nowhere to be found, and Zim had yet to notice he was gone. Hopefully, that doesn't end too bad.

Oh, what am I saying, it's going to end awfully.

---------------------------------

The irken did not, for one second, regard Baboons warning about the prisoner. Immediately marching up the bars, Zim glared through at the masked man sitting calmy in the cell. He tried his best to put on a tough, interrogating-face, but his short stature and big, bulgy red eyes did not make him look very intimidating. The man would quickly find that this alien was not as silent or subtle as any oth--

"YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"
isw___zimmeh_scream_animation_by_itsstephsworld-d3kdlw4.gif

Zim screeched, continuing to yell at the prisoner (while stopping for heavy breaths after every sentence).

"YOU ARE IN FOR A WOOOORLD OF PAIN, PUNY HUMAN! YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR DISGUSTING FORM LOCKED WITHIN THE SIGHTS OF THE MIGHTY ZIM, AND BY EXTENSION, THE GREAT IRKEN EMPIRE!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF EVIL, PLASMA-FILLED, CANDY-INDUCED, RADIOACTIVE-PANTS-WEARING DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM YOU HAVE BROUGHT UPON YOURSELF THIS DAAAAAAAAAY! SUBMIT NOW, OR I WILL ERADICATE YOU HERE AND NOW, AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, BECAUSE YOU CANT EVEN BREAK THROUGH THESE MEASLY BROKEN BAAAAAAAAAAAA---"

"Wait, broken bars?"

Zim paused as he looked at the bars. They were sawed through and broken, creating a large gap for the prisoner to walk through.

GIR stood next to Zim, smiling, his eyes smoking. "HI! I OPENED YOUR DOOR, CUZ IT WAS LOCKED FROM THE INSIIIIDE!" GIR said to the man, smiling and waving. In fact, GIR had blasted open the bars of every cell in the prison, letting every prisoner (including Slade) free.

The invaders face quickly fell into one of absolute horror.

@T.O.M.

49ba027654138988d8dc032ea3e28e86.jpg

Terry wasn't quite sure what happened. Everything seemed to freeze and not only had someone gotten through the defenses on his batsuit but his mask was off. Glancing around for wherever it'd gone, he noticed the Captain's corpse being consumed by blue flames. Well, it was certainly a spectacular way for someone to go out. Even for a werewolf nazi. Hearing the 'cute one' comment from Dimaria, Terry frowned as he eventually found his cowl and pulled it back on. Didn't need to be Bruce to figure out that she was behind his mask being off. Not that he thought it mattered with these guys likely going back to their own universes after all this business was said and done but someone messing with him without even being aware of it wasn't the nicest of feelings.

"..Thanks." Terry muttered under his breath finally at the compliment before making his way over to the terrified German soldier. He had seen all of his comrades slaughtered by the heroes and now the Captain had literally gone up in flames. Extending a batarang, Terry glared menacingly down at the trooper.

"Your men are dead, your Captain is cinders and you're all alone. Start talking, now."

Clearly frightened out of his wits by the people who surrounded him, the troop held his hands up to show Terry he was no threat.

"W-We were all survivors of the Second World War..The Lettz Battlion. It was our duty to lay low after the war and try to keep the dream of the thousand year Reich alive.." Before the troop could continue, Terry had gripped him by the collar and yanked him to his feet. "I'm not asking for a history lesson. I'm asking what exactly you and your men were doing and what it has to do with the Intruder. He's made quite the mess and we're trying to clean it up."

"It was scrap metal! Like the ones we use on our tanks and planes! TOM 1's body is such a state of disrepair that the Intruder has to constantly maintain it or else he risks losing his sentience! He contacted the Major and told us that if we gave him the supplies we needed, we'd be able to see through to the great war we were hoping for. We weren't expecting to fight monsters like yourselves!" Glancing over in the direction of one of the many crates that the Germans had been transporting, Terry threw a batarang into it and watched as it detonated. Leaving burning hunks of metal that were of no use to the Intruder.

"But...Do you really think you've won just because you've stopped us? The Intruder's made many allies who have a grudge against your robotic leader! We may have lost this battle but we'll win the war-"

*WHAM*

The troop's body went limp as Terry smashed him in the face with all the strength his Batsuit could offer. Given that this guy was a vampire, that only went about as far as smashing his nose and knocking him out. But that would have to suffice for now. Tossing the guy to the ground, Terry sighed.

"Well, we've learned that the Intruder isn't self sufficient and that body of his? It isn't built to last. He needs to keep absorbing new tech or else the stuff he's absorbed will grow old and unusable.." Terry spared a brief glance at Wahl and then winced. The thought of the Intruder managing to absorb the Machias was not one that Terry wished to humor. They'd all be in trouble at that point. "But the German was right. We aren't going to stop the Intruder just by taking out one warehouse. Knowing this city like I do, it's got lots of dumb muscle who'll carry a couple of boxes around for a quick buck. Maybe if we can track down where the Germans got their goods from we can hit that."

What would happen if the Intruder did lose sentience? Without somebody piloting the Absolution, would it simply continue to drift along in space? Would the Intruder eventually devour all of it? All thoughts that would likely need to be answered. "But, are we all okay here? Wasn't expecting to fight a werewolf. But then I guess I wasn't expecting German vampires either."

@C.T. @DapperDogman @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Verite

This was it! He'd take them all down in one fell swoop! He wouldn't have to carry the burden of being thoroughly humiliated by some brat and his samurai. Wouldn't get his paycheck but his personal reputation came before anything else. Which is why he flashed a mad grin at the group as he reached to pull the pin on the grenade. But at that exact moment, Jack vanished from his field of vision again. Where had he gone, what was he thinking he could do? This explosion would be big enough to get all of them-

Everything stopped for Dennis at that moment. The last sounds he heard were of the nearly silent-slish!-as Jack's blade cleaved through his neck, vertebrae and all. As a red line began appearing on his neck, Dennis's mouth was left in a permanent gape of horror before it separated full from the fish's neck. Hitting the floor with a roll, it eventually came to a stop at T.O.M's feet who merely kicked it away. Cowards like Dennis who'd rather go in all or nothing and kill just for a quick buck weren't deserving of respect in the robot's eyes. Still, the robot braced himself as Jack proceeded to deal with Dennis's leftover grenade.

As the explosion rang out and smoke could have been seen billowing in from the kitchen, T.O.M approached Jack and nodded towards his friend.

"Jack? You did good. I..Know killing him likely wasn't the option you would have chosen given a choice. But what you did saved a lot of lives and ours as well. So, hope you're feeling alright about it." As for Ulrich, T.O.M couldn't quite get behind snatching up a dead man's weapon but hey the kid was justified at least. Wasn't much a guy Ulrich could do without being armed in some fashion. The robot just wished the weapon didn't have to come from a lowlife like Dennis. Sparing a glance out the way, T.O.M watched as Moltar slowly poked his head back into the bar now that the fighting had died down.

sgc2c_ep087_01.jpg

"Oh. You guys aren't all horribly disfigured or dead. Guess that's a plus. Would have told you to run out with me. But I didn't so..Anyway, now that the fighting's all done and I'm still in one piece, I guess I could take you to where I saw that suspicious stuff. Would have done it earlier but kind of got stopped due to the fish merc and the Aqua Teens. Oh, uh are you okay? Guess that's something I should ask."

T.O.M. wondered where Moltar had gotten that beer before deciding it wasn't important as he shook his head from side to side. They had gone to the Salty Spitoon and gotten more than they bargained for. Leaving T.O.M. wary of just blindly following Moltar to wherever he deemed 'suspicious'. If they were going which they were since y'know a lead is a lead , T.O.M. wanted to know everything.

"Before we go anywhere, what was the figure you saw like Moltar?"

"Uh, about your height? Had a black costume, skull mask, had a X on the forehead. He also had a bit of a cape which I thought was too much. But I've never pretended to really know much about costume design. Normally seen the guy slinking around these districts before when I go out on my walks. Didn't bother him though, so he didn't bother me. But lately I've seen him with small traces of goopy red stuff dripping from his cape. Maybe that's a sign of a clue? I dunno. From what I know of the guy, working for the Intruder isn't something he'd do unless there was money in it for him. Kinda like our friend, Dennis. But the blob droplets I saw coming off him made me think different. He's been sulking around the neighbor hood recently. If you guys want to lay low for a bit and hold some kinda stake out , I don't mind you crashing at my place. Got a nice vantage point of the district for the most part."

T.O.M. had been to Moltar's place which basically amounted to a tent Moltar had set up on the roof of an apartment. Because when you retired from being a super villian, you didn't get too many perks. The last time he'd been up there, it was when he was TOM 3 and Moltar in a drunken stupor wanted control of the Absolution back and it ended in a brawl and just wasn't a good time. But a rooftop was indeed a nice place to scout out the district and get a look at where this guy might be.

"..Red X, huh? Yeah, he's not like Dennis. X can be decent when he wants to be. Helping someone like the Intruder isn't something he'd do unless there was a good reason for it..Alright, we'll do a stake-out. You okay with that, Jack? Oh, and could one of you go and kick Hiei awake? Thanks."

@Crimson Spartan @york @The Tactician

tumblr_ldldtaOORh1qdo9xvo1_500.gif

"I-I'm sorry for what Shake did! He wasn't right! None of this was right! B-But you don't gotta fry me! I'm just a useless ball of meat! Ain't nobody gonna want to eat something like me anyway! But that don't mean I wanna die!"

Meatwad sniffled and sobbed as his bottom lip began to tremble and tears rolled down his face. But he couldn't get out of this. He'd meet his end here and maybe he deserved it. But it didn't mean he had to like it. But then Mira stepped in and Meatwad was surprised. The same girl who had smashed a table over Frylock and then whacked Shake with a chair?

She was sticking up for him? Shiiit, maybe she wasn't so bad after all.

Though of course that didn't stop Meatwad from flipping Yurick off when Mira wasn't looking.

latest

"I can't really say I know too much to be honest. The Intruder didn't meet us in person! He just accepted our ad and told us we could sponsor him if we took out T.OM. That's about it.."

@Kaykay @Lizzy

"Oh...well, that's too bad, then. Sorry for disturbing all of you."

Watching the confrontation between Hiei and Yurick with a bit of a confused face, Mira didn't really see a chance to step in. They were on the same side, weren't they? Why were they at each others' throats? At least for now it seemed to be over with. The robot decided it'd be better to not talk about it.

"So...where are we going now?"

@T.O.M. @The Tactician @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @york

Status
Not open for further replies.