The March of 1000 Yokai IC - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_inline_n1iuawZjSA1sqmwv9.jpg

( Current location: Seishin Hikari Temple )

"I was born and raised here." Naomi answered, mulling over her thoughts for a moment. Maybe it was this place that led her to her current predicament. Releasing a breath, she shook those thoughts away and offered a quick smile. "Osaka City is a nice place, once you get used to it." And refrain from interacting with any troubling individuals. "Where were you raised?" The brunette questioned as the two were nearing an empty bench, surprisingly at that. The festival was crowded, after all.

Nonetheless, her thoughts were often switching from her companion, Kotaro, and the current topic at hand. There was something about him that caught her attention- yet she couldn't decipher what it was exactly.

Once she had taken a seat, the bag with the fish was carefully placed beside her while the cotton candy was still within her possession. "Have you explored the city yet? There's a few interesting places to visit around here."

--

@Crow

tumblr_inline_ngl7gxYa3m1t423jx.png

"Not exactly, unless you count searching for some entertainment." Ren answered, lips etched in a small smirk. Truthfully, the kitsune hadn't been around much in the last few days due to his own insistence on taking care of something. His family was the main problem. One would think there would be a change in his father's attitude concerning him- but no. The only change was the fact his father claimed he was nothing but a monster now. That comment alone was enough to rile up Ren, forcing him to take his frustrations out in various fights within the last week.

Releasing a harsh sigh, he turned his head slightly and peered at Haruko momentarily. "The back of temple is usually the quietest place on these days." He explained, deciding to indulge the other a bit. "Besides, it beats sleeping on the roof where there's usually noises going off due to that game."

--

@Link Loftin

TJ9XTYx.png

Shinra Yahani
Yakyoku Hakumei
[Seishin Hikari Temple]

Standing on the rooftop on the temple, his hazel eyes were squinted. A long black stick with golden stripes closer to the handle was held in his hand. His gaze was fixated on none other than Kasaisoru and the rest of the Youkai around her. Shinra was just observing the situation before him. If anything, from afar, he always had his eyes on the person he served, along the lines of his history as a Youkai himself. He'd already been around since the opening of the "Shrine" they had, and the dance performance Kaisasoru showed to the people who worshipped her, or in other words, the goddess of the Seishin Hikari Temple.

His demeanor was calm and unfazed by what had occured so far in their surroundings. Taking a step forward, he vanished, only to appear on the surface, a couple of meters away from Kaisasoru and the rest. "You'll be going then." He rhetorically finished. Looking at the rest before his eyes fell on the beautiful Youkai before her: Kasaisoru. She was indeed beautiful nonetheless. There was no doubt about that.

Taking a few steps forward, he bowed his head gently and respectively. "Do you need me to accompany you as well? Kasaisoru-sama." He asked. Shinra was perfectly fine with whatever she would decide for him, however, judging by how many were to accompany her, perhaps his presence wasn't needed. Beside, Isamu was also there, the right hand of Kasaisoru.

Tilting his head slightly upwards, his hazel eyes locked with hers, awaiting her response.

@Kabyt @Axel Rover @Verdigris @underpressure @adabotcon

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kasaisoru’s pink eyes turned on Isamu’s last remark in concerns of the twins. She glanced at them and have a slight huff and turned to look at the twins. As Yoichi appeared stumbling a bit. “You two will actually be staying here and attending to the festival…” She gave a devious grin flashing canines that seemed to be sharp regardless the form she took. “Though Isamu is right about Dearest Uncle… I need to be sure things are handled here… Report to Ren” she said both twins both suddenly looked distraught in their own way; this gave Kasai pleasure. They had wanted to come and yet at the same time… Ren was a devious trickster and they preferred her mistress to the other Fox in the temple. But as they always did they both bowed to her and turned to make their way back.

As they departed Kasaisoru turned her own perceptions inwards somewhat ignoring those about her for a moment looking far and wide for a few reason, firstly she found Ren and whispered into his ear ~ Take Heed and watch out for the temple I will return shortly.~ Her eyes finally brightened again something devious was going on at Dearest uncles which was the reason behind her going and with why she’d chosen those she had. Shinra appeared and respectfully bowing asked if she would be leaving. “Indeed; I will be I am leaving Ren in charge…” she said before blinking and turning to see Akota wanting to catch up. His tail and ears still visable during the festival she would have to remind him of his features later though, being at a temple festival such oddities may be seen after all. She continued “You all may come in fact I would request it of you had you all not come.. .But We are missing another…” She reached out and brushed the conscious of the Nightmare. ~Do not state your urges of hunger hear please. I have a much more satisfying feast for you… Come to the front of the temple. ~ Then she would retract from all those inside the temple. Her eyes aglow she smiled at Yoichi “I’m not punishing you yet my little Wisp… But I will allow you an energy boost for the trip.”

She turned to look at her work once again, the temple, having been shambles the day before was absolutely pristine and in a way just how she wanted it… For now at least. There was a lull in the crowd about the gates and as she stood mostly surrounded Kasai was well kept from view. Her hands finally lifted free from her kimono and as they did her form suddenly shifted and changed. Like a Heat Haze was rippling across her body the mold was cast and a new form appeared as the haze faded.
UrL0m7L.jpg

Soft long blue hair and pulled into twin tails on either side of her while her form was much smaller now and younger too, she looked the part of a 17 year old every day girl. Pink eyes still leered from behind a set of glasses, she gave a sharp giggle as the personality washed over her all this lively energy and silly playfulness such a waste but she would enjoy it for the moment. Sticking a lollipop in her mouth she said from around it “We will go just as soon as River joins us." Tapping Yoichi on the brow he would feel a rush of her own fiery energy intertwining with his own. As she promised he would now have more than enough energy to teleport them all once River came. Though now she seemed to simply wait, no further explanation but a devious grin plastered on her young false face spoke volumes to what she had in mind.

oa8Oawv.png

(Location - Seishin Hikari Temple)

Where he was from? What to say... what to say...

"I was from the city. Tokyo and all. Moved to Osaka to stay with my... extended family. I'm actually very new to this place, so I don't explore much."

The two sat at a bench.

"I actually don't remember much about my Tokyo life."

@sleepingxdragon

• Love
tumblr_inline_ngl7hpzuGr1t423jx.png

Ren's posture straightened up slightly as he felt the presence of the other Kitsune in the area nearby- Kasaisoru. It must be time for her to go attend that meeting with her uncle. Before another word could be stated to Haruko, he heard a faint whisper in his ear- effectively distracting him. "- Alright, I'll keep things nice and orderly until your return." He spoke aloud, already having his suspicions that she would hear him regardless of her presence not being directly near him. She always had a way of knowing things, after all.

With Kasaisoru's departure, it meant one thing.. the twins would be staying here as well. It was difficult not to smirk at that thought, considering the twins had made their feelings about clear long ago. Of course, the kitsune always had a habit of irritating them more so with his devious nature. Although, he surely wasn't the only one considering Kasaisoru must have ordered it to begin with.

"Follow me, we're taking a quick detour." Ren told Haruko, before beginning to follow the all too familiar scent of a certain wolf yokai. Although, he was surprised to see her chatting with a human- perhaps, his scent was rather strange. ( @Link Loftin )

tumblr_inline_ngl7fpbZZG1t423jx.png

"- Hey, Nao. Kasai's leaving and if you have any intention on going, I recommend you leave now." And with that statement, his cerulean hues flickered back to Haruko before gesturing to the other to follow him once more. Fours' a crowd, after all.

--

tumblr_inline_n1iu2x7EE71sqmwv9.jpg

Naomi did find it Kotaro's answer a bit strange, but who was she to judge? After all, she didn't go into full depth about her past either- not that she wanted to. Her past did contain pleasant memories though the negative seemed to linger in her mind more than often. "Huh.. I suppose I could show you around, since I know the Osaka fairly well." She suggested, curious chocolate hues briefly residing on him. Exploring the many locations of Osaka City was always a favorite pastime for the brunette.

"You shouldn't stress over it. I'm sure there's a reason for that-.." Her speech was cut short as her eyebrows furrowed at the raven haired male before them. Now that was an odd sight, considering Ren was never one to willingly search for others. Before a statement could be made.. Ren had already wandered off with one of the many residents of the temple- Haruko.. she believed? With the males already beginning to walk off, her attention flickered back to Kotaro. "Hm.. do you want to tag along? We could leave this stuff inside the temple if that guy is watching the place."

--

@Crow

• Love
Seishin Hikari Temple
Haruko nodded. It seemed that was all he was doing today was following. Not that he particularity minded, he followed once more his mind, a whirlwind of thoughts. Who was this kitsune anyway? Where were they going? Ren Yamazaki... Haruko tried to summon what strength he could, trying to amass his energy within him. But it was futile, he had been away from water too long, his power too weak.

Ren seemed to know what he was doing, Haruko felt a little more at ease. He had a long list of questions to ask, yet something in Ren's body language told Haruko now was not the time. Feeling a little like dead weight, Haruko kept silent, making a mental note to harass Ren later.

@sleepingxdragon

oa8Oawv.png

(Location - Seishin Hikari Temple)

Before Kotaro could say anything, an odd man arrived with another odd man. He mentioned Kasai. Was that short for Kasaisouro? His clan leader?

Were they part of the clan too? Couldn't be too sure. It was best to hide it for now.

"Hm.. do you want to tag along? We could leave this stuff inside the temple if that guy is watching the place."

Kotaro nods in response. "Alright," he replies as he follows.

@sleepingxdragon @Link Loftin

Kasaisoru’s pink eyes turned on Isamu’s last remark in concerns of the twins. She glanced at them and have a slight huff and turned to look at the twins. As Yoichi appeared stumbling a bit. “You two will actually be staying here and attending to the festival…” She gave a devious grin flashing canines that seemed to be sharp regardless the form she took. “Though Isamu is right about Dearest Uncle… I need to be sure things are handled here… Report to Ren” she said both twins both suddenly looked distraught in their own way; this gave Kasai pleasure. They had wanted to come and yet at the same time… Ren was a devious trickster and they preferred her mistress to the other Fox in the temple. But as they always did they both bowed to her and turned to make their way back.

As they departed Kasaisoru turned her own perceptions inwards somewhat ignoring those about her for a moment looking far and wide for a few reason, firstly she found Ren and whispered into his ear ~ Take Heed and watch out for the temple I will return shortly.~ Her eyes finally brightened again something devious was going on at Dearest uncles which was the reason behind her going and with why she’d chosen those she had. Shinra appeared and respectfully bowing asked if she would be leaving. “Indeed; I will be I am leaving Ren in charge…” she said before blinking and turning to see Akota wanting to catch up. His tail and ears still visable during the festival she would have to remind him of his features later though, being at a temple festival such oddities may be seen after all. She continued “You all may come in fact I would request it of you had you all not come.. .But We are missing another…” She reached out and brushed the conscious of the Nightmare. ~Do not state your urges of hunger hear please. I have a much more satisfying feast for you… Come to the front of the temple. ~ Then she would retract from all those inside the temple. Her eyes aglow she smiled at Yoichi “I’m not punishing you yet my little Wisp… But I will allow you an energy boost for the trip.”

She turned to look at her work once again, the temple, having been shambles the day before was absolutely pristine and in a way just how she wanted it… For now at least. There was a lull in the crowd about the gates and as she stood mostly surrounded Kasai was well kept from view. Her hands finally lifted free from her kimono and as they did her form suddenly shifted and changed. Like a Heat Haze was rippling across her body the mold was cast and a new form appeared as the haze faded.
UrL0m7L.jpg

Soft long blue hair and pulled into twin tails on either side of her while her form was much smaller now and younger too, she looked the part of a 17 year old every day girl. Pink eyes still leered from behind a set of glasses, she gave a sharp giggle as the personality washed over her all this lively energy and silly playfulness such a waste but she would enjoy it for the moment. Sticking a lollipop in her mouth she said from around it “We will go just as soon as River joins us." Tapping Yoichi on the brow he would feel a rush of her own fiery energy intertwining with his own. As she promised he would now have more than enough energy to teleport them all once River came. Though now she seemed to simply wait, no further explanation but a devious grin plastered on her young false face spoke volumes to what she had in mind.

River- temple/ temple entrance

River had jumped slightly at the voice he had heard contemplation weather to listen of not. "Damit, if this is a rip off ill feed off of you." He mumbled to him self meaning it for the one that had spoke in his mind. He hated having others enter his mind because it was usually the other way around but how could he complain, he had been offered a better feast than what the festival could offer so why not? River sighed again before his eyes turned a pure and sinister black and he sort of dissolved into shadow dissapering from where he was and reapering informer of the temple as the voice had said two the night seeming to darken more when he had arrived. Even though it was a small trick he did it was amazing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Wahyu - Seishin Hikari Temple - Entrance

Wahyu stood up as everyone finally gathered. He hadn’t taken off his mask yet, though he probably should have. Luckily the festival’s atmosphere didn’t make it too out of place. He spun his staff and placed it on his shoulder. He bounced on the balls of his feet a little bit; he’d never been able to sit still. The breeze picked up a little bit with impatience, but nothing that would be out of the ordinary.

“Are we ready to go now boss-lady,” the tengu asked with a slight whine to Kasaisoru. “Much longer and I’ll need peanuts for this flight.” His head tilted to Yoichi. “Actually that does sound good. Give me some of your food Blue.”

@Kabyt @Axel Rover @Verdigris @underpressure

• Love
tumblr_inline_ngl7f5b7HO1t423jx.png

With that task accomplished, Ren was left with the responsibility of simply watching over the temple Kasaisoru's absence. Maybe he could even mess with the twins if they weren't avoiding him or lost somewhere in the many stands at the temple. Then again it wouldn't be a hassle to try and find them from the crowd of humans tonight. Cerulean hues flickered over to Haruko, noticing the silence. "You're silent- something eating you up?" He questioned, an eyebrow raising slightly.

Upon noticing the two from earlier, Ren simply waved off the quick exchange of words from Naomi before returning his attention to Haruko. "That reminds me, if you're planning on going with Kasaisoru- it's better to go now before they leave." He suggested, unaware of the other's plans to attend the meeting. Seeing as how the kitsune was left with an order, it was no surprise he waqs obligated to remain on temple grounds.

--

@Link Loftin

tumblr_inline_n1ithi32sG1sqmwv9.png

With Kotaro's agreement, Naomi had gone ahead and led the way to the back of the temple- to be more precise one of the backrooms. Naturally, they did stumble upon both males once again but Ren simply waved the two off. Fortunately for the two, it was a quick search considering one of the back rooms was unoccupied and unlocked. "Alright, let's leave these here. We'll come back for it later." She suggested as she placed both items in her possession carefully on the ground, away from the door way at that.

It did make the wolf rather curious about Kotaro, considering he didn't reject the offer. Something told her there was a chance he might know Kasaisoru, after all. "They should be near the entrance of the temple grounds." Naomi stated, taking a moment to peer at their surroundings. Based on scent alone, they hadn't left for the meeting yet.

--

@Crow

• Love
Isamu's grin suddenly turned into annoyance as the talkative Yoichi appeared in front of the group. Sure the swordsman didn't hold a grudge against any of the demons under Kasai's command, and in fact liked a little bit of everyone, even the twins, but this clown always did something that would irk the old demon to the point of irritation and anger. The fact that he was blabbing about all of his food being bought with Isamu's money was one example.

"Whatever you little freak. Just get us to Kaza already!" shouted Isamu in a quick burst of anger, turning back into his calm self a few seconds later. Shinra then came towards the group, asking to come along. Isamu could relate more to him since he was also one of the first demons that joined Kasai. In fact, the General was older than the swordsman by 15 years, so he was looked upon as an elder, and sometimes even someone that Isamu could talk to about his own problems.

"Ah, it's Shinra. Glad to see that you wish to come with us. Kaza really doesn't want to deal with us now, heh" Isamu snickered, telling the truth. Even if Kasai's 'uncle' randomly became a demon and could deal some serious damage, with two generals and the big boss around, there would be no casualties but his own.

Kasai then called on River, who came in the shadows as always. Unlike the others among Kasai's ranks, this one was very mysterious, as he didn't let a lot of people into his 'world.' This made Isamu want to figure out his story even more.

"River is actually coming with us? That is rare," Isamu commented aloud, with a faint smile on his face.

"And stop your whining Wahyu. Not like you have anything better to do at the moment," Isamu added, keeping his smile on his face as he stared at the gamer.

@Kabyt
@Verdigris
@Akashi
@daniel reaver
@adabotcon
@underpressure

"There's always something eating me up inside." Haruko responded dryly.
He didn't want to leave, yet didn't want to disobey orders.
"Are you sure you'll be okay if I go?"
Yeah Haruko, he'll probarly be a blubbering mess if you leave, I mean, you've basically been carrying him the whole time. He heard his sisters sarcastic voice echo across his mind. "Shut up Noriko." He muttured, before turning his attention back to Ren.

Flexing his fingers, Haruko could feel his joints start to stiffin. Being a water yokai sucked sometimes. Looks like either way, Haurko would have to be leaving.
@sleepingxdragon

• Love
tumblr_inline_ngl7qxE2p61t423jx.png

"You could've fooled me." The kitsune replied, going along with the flow of the conversation. Straightening his posture slightly as slender digits brushed back raven bangs, an inaudible mumble escaped Ren's lips. "It's up to you really, though there won't be anyone here to keep things lively." Well there was the twins but there was no clue as to where they were right now. Besides, there was no way they'd let him know about their whereabouts that easily. His best bet was the stands near the front of the temple- that's where a majority of the stands were located in.

"- So, what do you plan on doing?"

--

@Link Loftin

• Love
Seishin Hikari Temple

"I'll stay here, the water is far more hectic around you."
Haruko tried to move, taking a shaky step forward he continued speaking.
"Besides, I'm not that useless." He said jokingly.
Haruko then halted, feeling himself seize up, it would have felt extremely painful - if he could feel anything at all. Not wanting to alarm Ren, he tried to not let it show on his face that he was fast losing mobility. He tried to calculate how long it had been since he was last in water, 3 days his mind told him glumly. Dammit! He was meant to have recharged today, but then got scared away by the people..

Unable to feel any part of his body, he willed himself to move forward anyway, hoping it would oblige.
It didn't.
Instead he feel face forward on to the ground in front of Ren. He tried to roll over, but his body wouldn't budge. Haruko supposed he could call fourth the rain, he would be rehydrated, but probably pass out.
"Say friend, care to do me a favour?"
Haruko put on a reassuring grin, although only the ground was able to witness it.

@sleepingxdragon

• Love
tumblr_inline_ngl8bmjVH71t423jx.png

"Oh? Should I take that as a compliment or an insult?" Ren mused, lips quirked in a brief smirk as cerulean hues stole a glance at Haruko. Surprisingly enough, things were relatively peaceful- in regards to the temple grounds. He could easily hear the festival attendees chattering from his current spot, along with the vague scent from the twins. Those two must be near the stands with the humans, now that he thought about it. He'd have to remind himself to mess with the two later- when they least expected it at that.

Before he could become consumed by his thoughts, he heard a dull thud followed by Haruko's voice. Instantly, Ren found himself kneeling beside the fallen yokai as he peered at him momentarily. What happened to him? "Yeah, sure. Go ahead and tell me what it is." Ren answered, already beginning to subtly help the other- more or like rolling him over for his own curiosity. At the very least, he was sort of helping to a certain extent.

--

@Link Loftin

Isamu's grin suddenly turned into annoyance as the talkative Yoichi appeared in front of the group. Sure the swordsman didn't hold a grudge against any of the demons under Kasai's command, and in fact liked a little bit of everyone, even the twins, but this clown always did something that would irk the old demon to the point of irritation and anger. The fact that he was blabbing about all of his food being bought with Isamu's money was one example.

"Whatever you little freak. Just get us to Kaza already!" shouted Isamu in a quick burst of anger, turning back into his calm self a few seconds later. Shinra then came towards the group, asking to come along. Isamu could relate more to him since he was also one of the first demons that joined Kasai. In fact, the General was older than the swordsman by 15 years, so he was looked upon as an elder, and sometimes even someone that Isamu could talk to about his own problems.

"Ah, it's Shinra. Glad to see that you wish to come with us. Kaza really doesn't want to deal with us now, heh" Isamu snickered, telling the truth. Even if Kasai's 'uncle' randomly became a demon and could deal some serious damage, with two generals and the big boss around, there would be no casualties but his own.

Kasai then called on River, who came in the shadows as always. Unlike the others among Kasai's ranks, this one was very mysterious, as he didn't let a lot of people into his 'world.' This made Isamu want to figure out his story even more.

"River is actually coming with us? That is rare," Isamu commented aloud, with a faint smile on his face.

"And stop your whining Wahyu. Not like you have anything better to do at the moment," Isamu added, keeping his smile on his face as he stared at the gamer.

@Kabyt
@Verdigris
@Akashi
@daniel reaver
@adabotcon
@underpressure

"Don't flatter your self. It's not like I'm coming because I want to." River said as he walked towards the group with his hands on his pockets having heard what he had said. "I'm only coming because lady asai doesn't want me feeding on the festival participants." He said in a sort of cold tone as he neared them looking over the other ones that here coming along.

@Kabyt
@Verdigris @Akashi @adabotcon @underpressure

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Seishin Hikari Temple

"Thanks for helping me... roll." Haruko stopped to think about how to phrase this.
"Ahem, now I know we've only known each other for a short while." He started. He sighed briefly, trying in vain to move his muscles, not wanting to ask anything of the kitsune. "Well I'm a water yokai..." Everything about this situation made Haruko want to shrivel up and die of embarrassment. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't get to water in time.
His vision started to blur slightly, the Kitsune kneeling next to him multiplied into two. Crap.

"Can you please get me some water? It's rather important, please! I'll do whatever it costs to replay you, but please!"
Haruko couldn't stop the hysteria that was leaking into his voice. This is the worst first impression.
He almost wished he would pass out to escape the shame, but the last time he passed out on temple grounds he woke up naked.

"Or-or not? I mean, it's not really a big deal, I'll pass out soon because of dehydration and eventually it should rain, so I'll be fine."
He said shakily, giving a small smile. Deciding to be casual, even lighten the mood, he added.
"So, do you like cats?"

@sleepingxdragon

• Love
Annabel- temple

A girl walked around the festival slowly with a sort of random path. Her festival dress a mess, it hung off of her shoulders, it was all wrinkly and open in some areas, and the tie in the back was all messed up. The hole dress in general was such a wreck you could say she was baciacly half naked but no one tried to tell her and it wasnt like she could tell that either she though she got the dress on perfectly by how could you know when your blind like she was.

She was having fun not knowing all the starring men and glaring women as he walked all she saw was blackness but still wore a smile. "What's this?" She asked her self picking up the smell of sweets then giggling childishly and running to the stand. "Can I have one please?" She said excitedly once she got to the sand almost running into the front of the stand and almost tripping over it. "Oh wait I want to show kasai my beautiful dress!" She said with glee before running off again to go find kasaia

Last edited:
  • Love
tumblr_inline_ngl7nklAzb1t423jx.png

"You make it seem like you're about to propose or something." Ren stated, lightly questioning the topic at hand. Oh. Oh.. that definitely explained Haruko's current predicament. Dehydration, probably. It would be a bit of an asshole move if he didn't help him out. Besides, Kasaisoru did say to watch over the temple, and this meant their remaining inhabitants as well. "I'll help you out, alright? Although, you shouldn't say you'll do anything- someone will take advantage of that." He chided.

"- Don't be an idiot. I can't leave you out here like this." The Kitsune stated, cerulean hues briefly peering at the other. Hopefully the other wouldn't be too alarmed by his actions. "Alright, I'm going to go ahead and pick you up. It'll be easier to just take you there directly instead of waiting around here." There was that and the fact anyone could possibly walk to their current location and spot him. With that single warning, Ren had gone ahead and lifted him up- to spare him of embarrassment, he had placed one of Haruko's arms around his shoulder as one of Ren's hands went to the other's waist to support him. "We'll cut through the front, alright? And cats aren't my favorite animal, but they're alright I guess."

--

@Link Loftin

--

tumblr_inline_ngnmkubqUi1rsvzif.png

( Current location: Seishin Hikari Temple, near the front )

It was only out of mere luck that the kitsune had spotted the female, due to the almost bump in he had with her. "Hang in there. We're almost there." He muttered to Haruko before his cerulean hues flickered over to the female. "You should take it easy there. Also, I'd keep an ear out for any strangers if I were you." He lightly warned, eyebrow raising at her appearance. It was strange no one had called her out on it.

--

@daniel reaver

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.