The March of 1000 Yokai IC - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wahyu – Seishin Hikari Temple - Rooftop

Wahyu's ears twitched a bit when he heard the soft tap of feet from someone else on the rooftop. He glanced up briefly at Asha. His hand was already reaching for the mask and he clipped it on before his head had turned back to the game. He wore it slightly skewed, which bothered quite a few people. But this was the best way to cover his scars. That would bother people a lot more than the mask. Not that the tengu cared. He didn't.

"Good morning Frozen," he muttered, using the nickname he'd given Asha. He liked the Yuki Onna, but it was a lot funnier to snipe at each other than to get along. He cursed again as his hearts dropped to zero. Honestly, every time he played this game he was fine until the water temple. Stupid key was never where it was supposed to be.

At the call from Kasaisoru Wahyu poked his head over the rooftop. "Do I have to?" he whined. The complaint came mostly from the fact that he'd have to go into human form again. He wouldn't be able to wear the mask, as that would attract far too much attention. When the clan became more powerful it wouldn't matter, but at the moment… "Fine," the tengu said with a sigh placing his Nintendo 3DS into a pocket.

He sat up a little bit and stretched even as he heard Isamu speak to him as well. Wahyu leaned over the rooftop again and gave the second in command a grin. "I'm always up to kicking your ass old man," he answered with bravado. There was no way he'd defeat the older swordsman, but he always had a blast fighting with Isamu. Wahyu wasn't someone who could hold back when sparring, his style tended to make people uneasy so it wasn't easy to find a sparring partner. Isamu though… the man was really collected. It made the tengu want to throw slime on him just to see a reaction.

Wahyu didn't bother following the two into the prayer hall, he avoided the area like the plague. Usually he'd be the first to get involved with a festival or party, but well… He shuddered a bit at the remembrance. He'd been put off shrine festivals forever.

"See ya later," Wahyu said to Asha with a frown as he stood up. "Try and thaw out enough to have some fun at the festival." The tengu jumped down from the roof. When he landed his wings were gone.

------

Wahyu – Seishin Hikari Temple – Entrance

Wahyu sat out by the front entrance. He twirled his staff absentmindedly. The rings on it making a jingling sound. He watched the street with a bored expression. He breathed out a bit and forced the wind out in a fairly large breeze. He chuckled bit when a group of high school girls were forced to stop and try to keep their skirts down.

@Kabyt
@Zell
@Axel Rover

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Asha ~ Temple Rooftop/Front Entrance

Asha barely turned her head to quickly respond to the tengu's joking, a void sort of expression plastered on her face as per usual. "Actually I prefer Ice Queen, Bird Brain." She retorted with a tone that seemed to long to identify it's emotion, but came out cold as it always seemed to. Just as she assumed of his comment, she meant nothing insulting by it, merely jested with the male. The violet eyes turned away from the wide sky for a moment to meet with the male's as he departed with another pun, though it was accompanied with a frown, turning away before she spoke. "Yeah, I'll get right on that.. Don't get your feathers ruffled." She returned, contemplating joining them as she lightly swayed her dangling legs back and forth.

Wahyu was probably one of the only people she cared to talk to outside of necessity or respect, perhaps due to a mutuality in appreciation for isolation, along with apparently the iconic Legend of Zelda series. There were several minutes of silence before a soft sigh escaped the snow woman as she pushed herself up with her arms and launched herself from the rooftop, landing gently on her feet as though she merely stepped down a few inches. Delicate hands proceeded to brush the dust from the kimono and adjust that which required before she headed for the direction of the festival.
~/~​
Bright lights and colors lined the front of the temple for the festival along with several performers including Kasai on the main stage to carry on tradition and further wow the crowd. They all seemed to have an expression of wonder on their warm faces while Asha remained isolated just out of the temple simply watching as she leaned against the showy structure that lined the entry to the temple. She could easily spot most of the Yokai who resided along with her in the temple along with a few others disguised that chose to stay within the local village alongside the humans. Perhaps today might be a day to have fun despite what was unknown to the majority of the crowd. 'Perhaps I should consider Wahyu's proposal..' She thought to herself as she shot him a soft, thoughtful glance. It was a surprise she was even outside.
~×~

@adabotcon
@Kabyt

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
tumblr_inline_n1iumez7qO1sqmwv9.jpg

( Current location: Seishin Hikari Temple )

As the two walked among the festival grounds, chocolate hues would occasionally stray to the stands and the small crowds surrounding them. Being here now easily reminded the wolf of her youth. Those thoughts were quick to fade away as Naomi forced her attention elsewhere for the time being. The brunette's gaze wandered over to Kotaro as she heard a small exchange of whispers. What was that about?

A part of her felt inclined to question it, but she kept her mouth shut. He could've been thinking out-loud. That was a normal thing for humans to do, after all.

"Mhm, there's usually a crowd here already but when the festival comes along more people tend to show up. I guess it's for the ceremony or maybe the stands?" She replied, a thoughtful briefly crossing her facial features.

"Really? Then, let's make the most of it." Naomi mused, lips drawn to a smile only to falter slightly at the abrupt action. No need to fret about it, right? Probably just an accidental thing.

"It's fine really. We should go get some cotton candy." And with that comment, the wolf had went ahead and pointed out the stand containing numerous cotton candies.

--

@Crow

• Love
River- seishin hikari temple

River sighed slightly as he walked around the temple grounds a small frown hanging on his lips as he held a hand to his stomach and the other to his head. "Crap.... I need to feed." He mumbled to him self as he looked for some one to feed on, but where was he supposed to feed? Right there in the center of the temple as people watched? No he couldn't do that, he needed some place quiet and alone to bring a victim to, but where? 'Maybe the back of the temple... No some one would see us go back there.' He thought to him self before sighing again then dropping his arms and looking around before crossing them. In a way he was happy there where so many people around, that meant there where plenty of shadows and plenty of body's to hide the strange movements shadows around him did. But there was also the problem of how many others that where most likely there, at least one of them would notice the feeling of fear in the air that he produced or the dancing shadows that would often part with there caster and would move on the ground in strange ways. One of the few side affects of being a nightmare

Last edited:
  • Love
Haruko felt his cheeks darken in embarssment. Flabbergasted, he tried to talk, to explain his case, but all that came out was a string of unintelligible noises.
He felt his cheeks darken even more.
His fight or flight instinct was kicking in, flight was winning by a landslide. But even so, if he tried to run... he would probably fall over and embarass himself even more. Seeing no other option, he nodded silently and shuffled forward a little.
@sleepingxdragon

tumblr_inline_ngl7xsCq7H1t423jx.png

Ren's eyebrow lifted slightly as he watched the other male's reaction, all too aware of his flushed cheeks. That was.. interesting. Maybe he wouldn't be so bored, after all. This was pleasing news for the Kitsune. He was searching for some entertain for awhile now- perhaps this was his opportunity to indulge in that desire? His lips were briefly pursued in a small smirk as cerulean hues settled on the male. "I don't bite you know." He mused, "- though that's besides the point. Do you mind telling me who you are?"

--

@Link Loftin

Seishin Hikari Temple

"I'm Haruko Mizushima." Haruko replied, lifting his head. He gazed at the stranger, his eyes were what struck Haruko the most. He realised a beat too late, that he was staring. Trying to cover it up, he scratched his neck, in what he hoped was a casual way, before asking what the strangers name was.

Haruko inwardly groaned, only he could make a complete tool of himself within five minutes. "Curse my lack of social skills!" He thought angrily.

@sleepingxdragon

tumblr_inline_ngl7n8Ig5Q1t423jx.png

Now that Ren heard the male's name- it did ring a bell in his head. Maybe he was someone that often frequently the temple..? Nah. His scent definitely belonged to a yokai, something affiliated with water at that. This guy was probably one of the other yokai that inhabited the temple. Hopefully there wasn't any other new guys the Kitsune needed to know about. After all, his frequent trips into the city did leave an absence for some time. Apparently that was enough for him to not be aware of a few yokai that lingered here.

"Ah.. the name's Ren Yamazaki." The corners of his lips twitched downward for a brief moment. "Since it's clear you're not busy, follow me. There should be a few stragglers around the temple today."

--
@Link Loftin

Akota Kirasuki, Seishin Hikari Temple
Akota had a stroke of luck. He'd awoken during a festival, and taken time to wade through the sea of humans leaving in the opposite direction. There had to be some reason why he had just awoken there. He pushed and slipped past person after person. Finally making it through the door to the prayer hall, he realized that it was empty-- aside from the current party about to leave to see Kaza. He felt as though he'd missed something, and didn't want t be left behind. Especially given that this may have explained why the otherwise spiritually uninvolved redhead was here.

"Hey, hold on. Are we goin' somewhere? I'm ready. I swear. I can handle it." He said breathlessly, not wanting to be left out. His short and bushy tail started wagging behind him, but he didn't seem to pay it any mind. It seemed pretty strange and dream like, due to the circumstances that were unlikely for him.

@Kabyt
@adabotcon
@Axel Rover

oa8Oawv.png

(Location - Seishin Hikari Temple)

After a while, Kotaro volunteered to pay for both their cotton candy. The two got their cotton candy and decided to head towards other areas. Kotaro, on one hand, withdrew the lantern from his palms to his wrist, so that he could use that hand to pick his cotton candy and eat it.

"There's quite a lot at this festival," Kotaro comments again. his scarf seemed to tug at him, causing him to turn his attention to a certain stall - a Goldfish Scooping Booth.

Needless to say, various kids and adults were bringing goldfish back in plastic bags. This intrigued Kotaro's attention.

"Say, Naomi," Kotaro points to aforementioned booth, "what are those?"

@sleepingxdragon

tumblr_inline_n1iulwW3jh1sqmwv9.jpg

"-Thanks." Naomi stated, her gaze briefly flickering down the pink tinted treat in her hands. The wolf gently tore off some of the treat, before raising it to her lips. Looks like the flavor still remained the same after all this time.

"Yeah.. it gets busy during this month. I heard there were more stands originally, but a few people couldn't make it today." Supposedly that was what happened.

With Kotaro's question, chocolate hues peered over at the booth briefly. It wasn't long before realization settled on her facial features. "Oh! It's a game where you scoop up a goldfish or two- the owners usually let you keep them. Do you want to go try it out?" Naomi questioned, lips pursued in a quick smile.

--
@Crow

oa8Oawv.png

Kotaro nods and smiles in response to Naomi's question. "That does sound pretty fun. I don't see why not."

As they walked towards the stall, Kotaro noted something.

"The nets are made from paper, and seem to break. Is that how it works?"

"Yes, it is. That's the way it is, just go with it," his sheathed umbrella whispers, "there's a limit to how many questions you can ask. Don't cross it, because any logical sentient being may get kinda annoyed."

"Would you like the first round?" Kotaro asks Naomi.

@sleepingxdragon

tumblr_inline_n1iucxgsVy1sqmwv9.jpg

It was a tempting offer, one that seemed to make Naomi silently ponder her decision. There was no reason for her not to go and have some fun for once, right? Then again it could've been the fact she hadn't played this game in a long time. Releasing a small breath, the wolf found herself nodding her head in agreement.

"Alright- I think I will." The brunette agreed, a look of determination briefly crossing her facial features. And with that statement, little time was wasted before she led the two to the stall containing the game in question. With a quick exchange between the owner and herself, a single paper net had been offered and taken by the female. The cotton candy was placed back in it's wrapper and carefully cradled in her free hand as she bent beside the stand.

"Wish me luck." Naomi mused, a playful tone subtly hiding in her voice. That exchange had been the last words to escape her. Try as she might, it wasn't an easy task to scope out the fish like she originally thought it would. After a few struggles, the brunette managed to scoop one of the goldfishes up in the paper net before allowing the small creature to escape.

"Your turn. Let's see what you got."

--

@Crow // Whoops. I never noticed you replied earlier u w u;

oa8Oawv.png

"I guess I should try it. First time and all," Kotaro responds as he readies his turn. By observing Naomi's techniques, he decides to try some of his own.

It seemed that these things required concentration, which was what he did. He observed an area where two fish were present. With swift movements, he picked both fish up, but after a while, it broke when he was ready for a third.

These nets were very different from weapons, no doubt.

After requesting that the fish be put in seperate bags, he offered to give Naomi one of the fish.

@sleepingxdragon

tumblr_inline_n1iudi6TF51sqmwv9.jpg

Naomi peered curiously at the sight before, wondering if Kotaro would be able to catch a fish or two. And sure enough, he managed to catch more than one though it was a shame he couldn't catch a third. The paper net was probably to blame for that. Maybe if she changed forms she would have been able to catch the fish more easily. "You did great!" She praised, lips etched in a content smile.

Surprise briefly lingered on her facial features only to fade away as a smile settled on her lips. It was always nice to receive a gift. Although, there was more to those feelings beyond the appreciation and surprise she currently felt. However, that was a story for another time. "Thanks." She spoke, the plastic bag containing the fish and water was carefully cradled in her arms.

"Hey- should we sit down for a bit, just to finish up the cotton candy?"

--

@Crow

Seishin Hikari Temple

"Uh, okay, thanks." Haruko nodded, and bowed.
"Nice to meet you Yamazaki."
Standing up, he nervously fidgeted with his sleeve, this yokai seemed... powerful. Would this involve fighting? Powerful yokai were rather scary. Damn it. Haruko held his breath and followed obediently, feeling powerless to leave.
@sleepingxdragon

tumblr_inline_ngl7wfErnL1t423jx.png

"No need to be formal with me, I won't bite." Ren stated, cerulean hues briefly lingering on Haruko. It might have the constant power that he had now that made the kitsune wonder the extent of the new treatment he received. More power meant a higher status, something he wanted yet the cautious attitude wasn't one he wanted to witness often. Releasing a breath, he nodded his head in acknowledgement at the other's words.

Contrary to popular belief, the coffee sporting kitsune began to led the male over to the back of the temple. "Let's see who we find in these parts." Ren stated, lips pursued in a brief smirk at the thought crossing his mind.

--

@Link Loftin

oa8Oawv.png

"You're welcome," Kotaro smiles in response to the thanks that Naomi had given. He felt something within him as something within him skipped a beat.

He felt a little dazed, but was snapped back into reality when Naomi's voice sounded.

"Hey- should we sit down for a bit, just to finish up the cotton candy?"

He nods in response as they find a place to settle. There was something with this lass, but what was it?

"So, Naomi," Kotaro asks, "w- where are you from?"

@sleepingxdragon

Seishin Hikari Temple

Haruko followed, feeling a little like a dog on a lead. They were going around to the back of the temple.
"Is this where you usally go when visiting the temple?" Haruko asked absent mindedly.
The scenery was beautiful, but then, what part of the temple wasn't?
Haruko continued following, unsure of what was going to happen.
@sleepingxdragon

tumblr_inline_mvbovziTbK1rshr70.jpg

Yoichi Yamada
Entrance → Front of Prayer Hall | Wandering Around, Eating
Kakaisoru-sama | Isa-chan | Akkun | Wahkyun | Dycchan & Nycchan

Sure enough, it didn't take long until the temple was started to be packed with people, mainly humans, and some few demons who were doing their own things and trying to blend in the crowd, which in turn greatly amused the man for some reason. Upon seeing how enormous the amount of people who've gathered within the temple grounds, Yoichi figured that he should immediately leave from his current place.

After all, with the current amount of people, there would be nothing left of the delectable food which are sold in several different stands by the temple. With that in mind, the man then disintegrated into thin air, and left the entrance arc spotless without any trace of him. However, in a blink of an eye, he reappeared beside a tree and behind the bushes, as if he were there from the very start. A new scenery immediately penetrated through his view, however, the man was too mesmerized to comprehend the place before him. After all, the pungent, aromatic, fragrance around the place had already infiltrated his nostrils, which only belonged to his beloved, food!

Without wasting a split second, Yoichi immediately sprinted from stall to stall, purchasing different kinds of festival goodies at the speed of light that even if a full hour has not yet passed, the man was already carrying two huge paper bags filled with food seemingly enough to feed a battalion. The only reason he stopped halfway was because of someone's appearance. Someone with great power that is worthy enough to make him halt in his footsteps. It was then that Yoichi witnessed the woman with such refined and elegant aura made her appearance, who was also known as one of the powerful demons, Kasaisoru. (@Kabyt) The man merely watched and ate at the same time as she asserted her presence in the ceremony, but it was when she did a performance that made him stop chewing on his Taiyaki halfway.

All of a sudden, a chuckle escaped through his lips instead of a clap when her performance had ended. It seemed that to the man, all of it just seemed to amuse him greatly. However, his amusement was quite short-lived since a voice then resonated through his mind. "Why, speaking of the devil." He mumbled and immediately added, "Wasn't that a good pun?!" He grinned with satisfaction. However, it seemed that Kasaisoru was not here for his joke upon hearing some orders. Nevertheless, Yoichi wholeheartedly accepted and thus replied, "Roger!"

With that, Yoichi immediately used his ability, making him vanish once again and reappear on another place, specifically, in front of the prayer hall where he sensed Kasaisoru. Although the man was a bit unsteady with his landing since he carried some enormous bags of food, he still managed to land safely.

"Apologize for the lateness!" The man greeted. "I see we also have Isa-chan, Akkun, Wahkyun, Dycchan, and Nycchan, as well. Quite the huge company I have to use teleportation on, Kasaisoru-sama~ Perhaps, you're punishing me?" (@Axel Rover | @underpressure | @adabotcon) He gave one of his signature, ambiguous smiles as he jokingly exclaimed. "At any case, can I bring my food along? I'll be sure to share it with everyone. After all, I placed all of this on Isa-chan's tab~!" Yoichi's smile widened as he took a glance at each one of them and chewed on his takoyaki.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.