The Map & Compass [Steampunk/Fantasy RP]

How should the story start?

• Start off in the prison ship in the present day.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Start in the past to build character relationships in a brief prologue, before timeskipping.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sketching101

Coup de Gravy!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Mystery
CYM0ULM.png

gMyh58t.jpg

Credit to ivanlaliashvili

Are you looking for an action filled adventure? Do you want to cast reality bending magic with your pastry skills, or become a dragon? Do you want to explore how societies can be built? Or perhaps you simply want to have a magical jailbreak? Well, then, do I have something for you! (Yes, yes I do)

Welcome to the interest check for the Map & Compass RP, set in a world of magic, steampunk, and monsters. Our initial characters will each be a specific kind of mage called a “Polymorph”, someone born with the unique magical ability to consume and gain the physical and magical attributes of creatures that roam the world. You could be a noble, or a royal from the kingdom of Enia. Or you could be an anarchist from the world of Ithya. Either way, you’ve been caught and you’re being taken away to be purified. On the way, you’ll meet and team up with people you might’ve considered your most hated enemy, had you met in any conditions other than this. For now, you’re all siblings in chains.

If you wish to learn more about the world the RP is set in, check out the Lore page, or just ask me below/PM!

What would you prefer?
If you want to join, I’d like your input on something. I’m planning on starting the RP in one out of two ways:
  • Start on the prisoner transport ship, where characters can get acquainted with each other before the plot gets going.
  • Start much earlier in the characters’ lives. If you’re a mage from one of the kingdoms in the world, you can start off in a magic academy along with the others from the same background. Otherwise, if your character didn’t learn magic at an academy, you can write about their past along with other characters that might be in the same region at that time. If you’re from an anarchist commune, you could be undergoing magic training with the rest of the characters from the anarchist world of Ithya. The reason I was considering this is because I want our characters to be able to have some sort of a relationship, some sort of a connection.

If you’d prefer not to start with a prologue, then we can start off right where the plot’ll kick right up!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE READ/PLAYED/WATCHED ANYTHING HERE FOR ANYTHING
I just thought I’d leave these here to give credit where credit is due
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Dispossessed

Hey~hey~^^!!

Interested but just have to ask the regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is Discord required?
~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya ;DDD

@fish-writer 'Sup bruh!!^^!!

Hey~hey~^^!!

Interested but just have to ask the regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is Discord required?
~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya ;DDD

@fish-writer 'Sup bruh!!^^!!
In order:
-Writing level: Medium-length posts, expect mostly proper punctuation
-Post frequency: Depends on how fast everyone else goes, but I try not to rush people. As long as you can keep your commitment, you can take your time.
-Face claim: Art style can vary. Ultra-realistic would be the one thing I would prefer not to have, but otherwise, I can't think of anything that's not viable.
-Max number of RPers: I'd say no more than 10-11 for now, but I doubt we'll reach that number
-Multiple characters: Yes, absolutely.
-Discord required: Recommended but not required
-Dice: No dice/stats

I hope that's helpful :) If you have further questions, feel free to ask

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
UPDATE: Lore page now has some detail about the church of Ydran, the people of M&C, and the fauna!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
This seems promising, color me interested.

Reactions: Sketching101
Ooooh, I'm definitely interested for this!

Interested

Ah, I'm interested! I'm coming back to the platform and I really think this is interesting to start with~

This looks very interesting indeed!

I'm interested!

As for input - I think the second option is super intriguing. It would definitely add some complexity to the mix.
I also think, however, that it would take a lot more dedication from folks. It may be worth plotting prior relationships together out of character (as @fish-writer suggested) and then limiting a 'before' to a certain number of posts, if any.

That's my two cents, but I'd still be completely on board (heh) for either starting point.

• Thank You
Yup yup yup

Wow, this is amazingly put together >.> I really like the aesthetic of the world and magic. Just to make sure though, is this a Sequel RP to something you've done in the past? Saw the "Tome 2" thing and wondered. Was figuring that might be backup source material if I wanted to get more into the world. Er, btw, were you thinking of a particular RPer cap? If you'd like to keep players to a certain amount, that's cool. If not, I'm totally interested ^^