The Manor (D&D Campaign)(OOC)

D

Demmy

Original poster
e7a04262b4bb1fec0b1930f458943a23.jpg

After many days of travel with your fellow adventurers, you come across a small town sculpted into the cliff. It is not late but you have travelled far and decide to climb the steps, passing a blacksmith, alchemist and church before finally reaching the tavern. "Hidden Coin Tavern" the sign above the door says with cracking green paint on black stone. You enter and find yuorself in a large, stone room supported by thick wooden beams. There are small tables and chairs scattered around the room and a few larger ones by the walls. A short, wooden stage sits in the corner, opposite to the bar with doors to the left of it, leading out onto a stone balcony. To the right are the bathrooms and to the right of those, the stairs that lead to the inn above. The place is empty, save a couple human barmaids cleaning before the nightly rush and a half-elf barkeep, keeping herself busy. As she notices you enter, she smiles and waves. "How might I help?" Food. "Too easy." She replies, getting on the othe barmaids to seat you and take your order. As she hurries off, an elderly man sits at your table.

"Hello and welcome, traveller. I am Lord Fantriek, I am Lord of the town Tantrun and you look like capable warriors. I have a task for you. You see, bandits stole a priceless heirloom from the corpse of my daughter and I want it back. Do what you will to get it, I just want it back." The man appeared tired, smiling at the barmaid who bought the orders out, plus a drink for himself. "Unfortunately, I do not know much. The only information I can give you is that it takes the form of a silver locket and these bandits ran to the North. Please, feel free to stay at the inn as long as is needed, paid by me. And of course, a reward upon your return. What say you?"

An agreement is made and you spend the next couple days in town, preparing for the quest ahead. Now the day is hear and you are meeting in the tavern to ensure everyone is ready to go.

* Hey guys. If you haven't already figured it out, this is a homebrew D&D campaign. I will be playing the DM and you, the characters.
* The rules are 5E, PHB and Xanathar's only.
* You will be playing 5th level characters that have been travelling together for a while already.
* You will not be required to be online at the same time, but please do try to not take forever.
* I would like to request that forms are not posted here, but rather sent to me via PM unless you are happy with everyone knowing everything about your character.
* Finally, dice rolls will be done through Iwaku's dice roller. Unfortunately, dice rolls can only be done via editing. In this instance, modifiers are added manually an in your post. You can roll separate die in a single post so feel free to roll both attack and damage (As long as you fill in the 'reason' specifying which it is for).
* Feel free to ask any questions
* An oversight on my part but I will not be allowing variants for this campaign.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had some interest expressed and would like o say that yes, this is still going ahead if enough characters are submitted.

I hope this is the right place to say this.

I am always interested in an adventure with a good GM. However, I have never played 5e. If you would be willing to explain the system to me or direct me to a free resource, then I am willing to express my interest in what you have to offer.

If not, then that's fine. My best wishes on a successful campaign go to you all the same.

I'll be happy to send this info through PM to anyone who asks.

Edon might be able to help Reva figure out, at the very least, what the flag stands for. He is nobility and has skills in history as well as contacts who are tied to trade and world politics.

I do apologise for the short reply, but I assure you I'm not gonna be roleplaying much with you guys. I will when needed but otherwise it will be along the lines of advising for rolls or describing the location you are in.

Okay, crew. The bandits went "North". We don't have a lot of information other than that. I do want a map just to say we have one and some additional potions might not hurt. So how do we want to play this?

Demmy, a question for you, please. Is there a list of prices for potions and other items you want us to use or should we ask you for prices?

I would like to mention @One Who Tames that when I gave you the gold, it was meant to be spent on supplies such as potions. The links sent through in our conversation should have all the prices.

I do apologise for the short reply, but I assure you I'm not gonna be roleplaying much with you guys. I will when needed but otherwise it will be along the lines of advising for rolls or describing the location you are in.

I wanted to ask about this. Should we post in order, or should we just go on reacting/interacting with each other until we need to wait for a GM post or something? For example, would it be ok for me to post now, responding to One Who Tames post (since Edon is interacting with Suthra), even though Applo comes before me in the posting order?

Okay, crew. The bandits went "North". We don't have a lot of information other than that. I do want a map just to say we have one and some additional potions might not hurt. So how do we want to play this?

I think we could just get some information about the area from the kid, and then just try to track the bandits in the general direction they went. Or perhaps ask around the town a bit to see if someone has some information. ^_^

I'm also assuming that our characters would have done the supply shop before this, is that correct?

Also, @One Who Tames and @Applo, I have bought a draft horse and a wagon for the party to use, so we have that. :) I have also bought a personal horse for Suthra, so if she's the one driving the wagon, she can lend him to one of you, if you don't want to purchase a horse of your own.

(random note: Critical Role rules :p)

I was going to edit my post when I got home in a couple hours so that I won’t have to slow anybody down. But as far ad I’m concerned, post order isn’t as important to me as relevance of action. I say go for it, but obviously I do not speak for the GM.

Normally I do a lot of leg work in games but I get the feeling this one is ready to go, so to speak. Feel free to take the lead. I’m not here to run the show.

Awesome purchase with the draft horse.

I made an edit to my post. Hopefully, I won't have to fix too many oopsies. I'm new to D&D 5e but I appreciate your patience so far.

• Love
Reactions: Amaranth and Demmy
I think psting in order, minus myself, would ensure everyone gets a chance to imput their ideas until we hit combat.

Hey, Sorry, posting order didnt even occur to me. This weekend was very unusual in that I left the house, county and country. Im very discombobulated from lack of sleep but it is my firm intention to post tomorrow. Sorry

• Love
Reactions: Amaranth and Demmy
Make fists in the carpet with your toes.

I have no idea what that means XD

In the movie Diehard, the main character complained about air lag or whatever it was while traveling from New York to California. Another passenger on the plane told him to make fists with his toes in the carpet after he landed to cure himself of it. So he did and it seemed to work. However, then a gunfight happened and he ended up getting glass in his feet from forgetting to put his shoes back on.

Classic Christmas movie.

• Thank You
Reactions: Amaranth and Applo
Right that explains it. Im a troglodyte XD

• Haha
Reactions: Amaranth