The Manor (D&D campaign) (IC)

"I would appreciate my freedom!" The pale tiefling male called back, "And so would my companion. I think my luck would change if I were out of this cage!"

It was then he hit upon another idea. There was one guard what had yet to do anything except watch the prisoners. Carefully the barefoot man picked his way across the floor to lean against the bars closest to his captor.
"My friend," He started, flashing his best smile and pouring on the charm, "Are you really going to stand there and do nothing? We'll be of no used to you if all the others perish. You might as well just hand over the key now, or better yet let us out? I'll vouch for you. I'm sure if they see you help us those mercenaries will let you live. We might also be able to find you some honest work in town. A respectable job with a steady income... what do you say?"

Yes despite his smooth words that fasts were he was in a cage, he was nearly naked, he had no gold at his disposal or anything else of value that hadn't already been taken, and considering how they had caught him the odds were very good that this guard knew he probably didn't have any local friends. The truth was the tiefling was extremely lucky that this group of mercenaries had come when they had. Otherwise it might have been a very long time before anyone had noticed he was missing.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo

For a few brief moments, Reva gawped at the bandit she had just felled. The look of terrified surprise that had spread across their face spoke to something deep inside of her. She could feel a forgotten memory bubbling up in her mind. She just had to reach out and-

The sound of boots pounding against stone snapped Reva back to the here and now. Turning towards the noise, a swinging blade filled her vision. Instinctively her free hand slapped at the weapon to push it wide. As her attackers blade flew harmlessly past her, Reva own sword began to snake towards her assailant until an eruption of white-hot pain along her flank ended the counter-attack. Blindly shrinking away from the source of the pain, Reva twisted on the spot only for a flower of pain to blossom just under the left-hand side of her ribs. Through watery eyes the flame haired woman watched as sword, red with blood, was pulled from her flesh.

Clutching at the wound, Reva dropped to one knee as a terrifying darkness closed over her vision and her chest heaved. It wasn't just the pain from her injuries that was overwhelming her though, her back felt as if it had been pummeled by a hammer for some reason. This mix of confusion, pain and frustration at being denied a glimpse of who she was all came out in one primal scream as suddenly spun herself on her knee, sword outstretched to gut the bandits.

The first sweep came up short, missing both the bandits that had been behind her. A quick swapping of the hand on her sword afforded Reva a second shot at the bandit that had slashed her side and this time she felt the resistance of flesh under her blade as she continued rotating.

When her spin finished, Reva was left facing the third bandit. The one who had impaled her. The blood was still dripping from their weapon. With her sword arm twisted behind her back, Reva knew that her weapon wasn't an option but she didn't let that stop her. Exploding upwards the flame haired warrior used her forehead to connect with the bandits chin, snapping their head back and making the stumble for a couple of steps. Before they had any chance to recover Reva drove the heel of her empty hand into the spot between their eyes. Once again the bandit's head snapped backwards, but this time it connected hard with the wall of the cave.

Reva heard the crunch of bone, but didn't see the bloom of bright crimson blood. Almost as soon as her last blow had landed she had twisted back around and set off at a sprint across the cave; between three enemies was a bad place to linger and she needed a moment to recover. It wasn't until she was halfway across the chamber that Reva identified her destination; the unguarded side of the prisoner cage provided plenty of protection from being surrounded again.

Sliding into the spot, Reva supported her back against the wall and groaned as she tried catching her breath. The cacophony of pain which had been dulled by the sudden flurry of action came back even more intensely now, and Reva could also feel the wet warmth of blood running down her body and starting to soak into her clothes. Gods did she want a drink.

Tilting her head against the bars of the cage, Reva looked at its occupants through the corners of her eyes.

"Hey." There was a pause as she grimaced slightly, her fingers having discovered a particularly tender spot on the wound under her ribs. "Wanna swap?"

Reactions: Falcon
Suthra raised her shield, blocking the attack from the one in front of her before turning around and quickly dodging out of the way of the next attack. Her mouth turned upwards into a smile for a brief second, before her face fell again as she watched two of the creatures hit first Reva, and then Edon. The distraction was enough for a scimitar to cut her back, the pain almost inexistent in the heat of the battle. She turned around, blocking the next two attacks before narrowing her eyes, the red glinting dangerously and her mouth turned into a smile that was more of a snarl than anything.

"Oh, you will regret that." She growled, low, to the creatures surrounding her and Edon. "Thankfully for you, not for long." Her battleaxe swung in the air, hitting the creature straight in the face. Suthra quickly brought the weapon back, but the other was already falling, and the blade cut the air. "Oh, well, one is down."

Her eyes shone as she turned to the next creature, the axe cutting into skin before she tried yet another swing. She wasn't quick enough, though, and the second attack didn't hit.

No worries, though. Her smile twisted into a growl, as she got ready for the next set of attacks. They would fall, and they would fall quickly.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo