The Man With The Broken Dreams And A Cold Heart

"I will take what she's having, but triple it." Jeriko said, waving the waiter off, "I'm not one for small talk and you know that, but I know something's on your mind so speak up."

Yes, Jeriko was mean and he was cruel, but he was not without a heart. While he noticed the things Kieara did, Jeriko did not believe that it was enough to stop the world from crumbling on itself. He listened and tried to help when he could. However, his nature was just that of a lonely old hermit. Mean, crazy, but if nothing else, a wise genius. His opposite sat before him, with things on her mind, but she wouldn't say anything. The half smile irritated him. He wondered why women always did that. He found it as an attention seeker and what it made want to do was just slap her command that she tell him what the hell was going on with her. Jeriko was not like this so of course he would never take an action so severe. It was just a feeling.

"I've just got stuff on my mind is all." She said with a glance out the window. He could read her like a book, so now the smile fell and she didn't even bother to hide her hurt anymore. What was the use if he saw through her smile. "Just enjoy your food, i'll be alright i'm a big girl." She said to him her tone less childish than before, more of a serious tone overtaking her. The more reserved nature in her coming out. One would find Kieara had two sides, the hyper, bubbly, happy go lucky girl everyone saw, and the broken, hurt, and tortured woman on the inside. She didn't show the latter to anyone, not even Jeriko, so this was a rather dramatic change.

"This is ridiculous," Jeriko said rolling his eyes, "You women are all the same, I swear. When I try to do something nice, the effort ends up being wasted. If you're expecting a prince charming to tell you how much he cares and begs to know how you're feeling... well you've got another thing coming."

And Jeriko did enjoy his food. He gave Kieara a chance and she shot it down. It was her loss not his.

"I'm not looking for a Prince Charming. I'm just looking for someone who cares. I spent 12 years taking care of myself, I can spend that many more." She said just not able to deal with jerikos mouth right now. She got up paying and patted his shoulder to show him that she meant no hard feelings to him then left. As soon as she was outside the tears flowed. She went home as every bad memory that she'd ever had began to run through her mind. Everything from her mothers death to her fathers doing it. Then all those years on the street? And when she thought shed found a friend in Jeriko he made it worse.

Jeriko just wanted to slam his head against the table. If he didn't care then why the hell would he ask to hear her problems. Good God that woman, Jeriko thought to himself. He finished his food first and Kieara's. What really irritated him was that she had nearly wasted good food. That would have gone in the trash. Why do that? It's like a huge eff you to homeless people.

"I guess I better do something," Jeriko sighed and paid for his food and left a tip on the table.

He took his time getting to Kieara's place thinking of something that wasn't along the lines, "Stop being so fucking full of yourself" or "I tried asking you what was up and then you blew me off."

He knocked her door and he decide what came out of him mouth simply came out. Jeriko didn't have time to pick and choose words.

Kieara knew he'd finish it or she wouldn't have left it. She was in her bedroom trying to calm down when she heard a knock. She got up trying to compose herself and went to the door. It was Jeriko. He had a key why not come on in? She sighed seeing him and just left the door open for him to come in behind her.

Jeriko tried his best not to show his slight irritation. He hated when people cried. It was just something he didn't know how to deal with as a whole. He grabbed her shoulder lightly, "Now are we going to talk about this or are you going to continue to run?"

He asked this question seriously. If Kieara left this time, there would be no going after her. Jeriko had given her two chances now. Whatever happened after this moment would not be his fault but Kieara's.

"Talk about what Jeriko?" She asked and sighed trying to maintain her current calm, though she wasn't sure how long it would last. She looked down and then back up at him. "What is it?" She asked her voice a lot less hostile than it had been a moment ago. Hostility was a foreign thing to hear from her. The last thing she needed was more harsh words from Jeriko when that was what had caused her to be upset in the first place.

"Look I'm not going to baby you. If something's upsetting you, talk about it. If I'm upsetting you and you don't tell me, then don't say I didn't care later. Because by then it will be YOUR fault not mine." He sits down and he massages his temples. If women were this complicated normally he mine as well just fool around, no attachments. He overlooked her hostility. Jeriko found that Kieara was being a real child about this. She can't really expect him to read her mind and then when she gets upset all of her anger is directed at him. It's irritating and it just pissed him off.

kieara closed the door after he came in and sighed sitting down across from him. "Jeriko, i'm tired of being talked to mean when all I try to do is nice things for you...." She said to him in a non-hostile manner. She was just talking and trying to explain what was on her mind. That was just how Jeriko was, she knew this, but if he kept it up he'd be alone his entire life. "I just....I don't know what I want anymore." she said. Her self esteem was so low that she'd lost sight of what she really wanted from people. She could only tell when she did or didn't like something.

"You've known me for some time now and you already know that I'm not a nice person. That doesn't mean I'm not grateful for what you've done. It's not like I haven't noticed the small things you do, like recycle. Take care of the world and all that junk. I tell you what I think. I'm honest. And if I didn't care you know I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you. If my personality really is starting to get to you, then you don't have to see me at all." Jeriko said with a shrug.

Jeriko in all honesty did not mind being alone. In fact, he preferred it. He had yet to meet a woman who was able to take his view on things. There was no one he knew that would look at the world and say damn it all to hell. This was the reason that he had dated and slept with a few rock star babes in his time. They lived for the moment, but the only problem was that they weren't intelligent enough to hold his attention. Jeriko shook his head. If Kieara didn't like him or how he acted, then Jeriko could do her the honor of leaving.

"Jeriko I know that, I really do, but do you have to be that way all the time?" She asked him softly. He was part of the reason that she was this way was because he was constantly putting her down when all she sought was his approval for something she did. Or try to help and make things better but it was all in vain on her part. She looked hard at the table. She didn't want Jeriko to leave, but she didn't want to feel bad all the time either.

"Alright, come on we're going... Eh, to hell with it you're being kidnapped let's go," Jeriko picked up Kieara and threw her gently over his shoulder, "The day is still young you know."

For once Jeriko was doing something nice. It would be one of those rare occasions, but he decided Kieara needed some excitement. The first stop he took her was a swimming wear store. "Pick out anything you like, I'm buying. Do not try to run. I know where you live and I'm faster than you." He waits at the door and expects her to pick something out so they can go to the water park and then maybe head to a beach or something. He supposed some fun was in order.

Kieara looked up at him when he spoke. When he grabbed her she gasped scared of being dropped. "H-hey! Put me down!" She squeaked and held onto him awkwardly.

"What are we doing?" she asked him as she was released. "What are you trying to do Jeriko?" She asked confused. She listened to him tell her not to run and began doing as he instructed though she had no idea where he was going with this.

"Doesn't matter. It's not like you had plans today anyway." Jeriko said with a shrug.

He waited for her and found her shrieks to be a little more than amusing. She was still timid like he remembered.

(sorry this is short... brain fart)

((its ok did we discuss the idea about he catches her in line of fire or something?))

Kieara picked out a simple black bikini. She smiled and spoke. "i can pay...." she offered politely. "Well....pay you back....you made me leave without my purse."

((We did, but unless Kieara is a prison guard or works near someone of high value, such as a well known drug dealer, or an extremely corrupt politician, its unlikely that Kieara would be caught in anything. Furthermore, Jeriko is practically a genius. He'd probably make sure Kieara was anywhere near his work for secrecy purposes.))

"The lady wants to hurt my man pride," Jeriko said to himself, "Pay me back..."

He smirked and paid for the bikini, "Okay great now put it on under your clothes so we can get out of here."

It wasn't really a request. It was more of an order, but Jeriko wasn't known to kindly request things. He was getting a lot of flirty waves and smiles from groups of girls. It was making him quite uncomfortable, which was all the more reason he wanted Kieara to make haste.

((ah. Yes. I remember that now. I jsut couldn't remember whether or not we'd discussed that or not. Thanks for the refresher.))

Kieara did as she was told to. She knew that that was his normal way of requesting things and went about it. Then she spoke. "Okay.....i'm finished." She came out with it on under her clothes. She still didn't know what he was planning.