The Maleficarum - IC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voices. One was soft as rain, and the other was like hail beating against thin glass. The voices rang in his mind like bell tolls to a death march and all Marius could do was try and focus on the one in front of him. She was a beautiful woman with hair as black as the night Marius knew so well. Her eyes were piercingly haunting; blue, bright blue. Perhaps those were the only life lines connecting him to this world, at least it felt like it. Marius focused on the blue, trying to disregard the hateful chanting in the back of his mind. The woman of his dreams was a Bogart in his mind now and she had resorted to the cruelest of tactics to try and tear him away from hope.

One by one those that had been killed by her... by him flashed through his mind. Their last words they'd ever said to him ringing through him like hateful slurs. They were serpentine curses spewed with venom that was so toxic it could have been acid, And then... Some were sweet as the voice he now did his very best to focus on. They were all dead, because they'd gotten too close.

"She will be the same..."

Marius again felt a surge of pain as the face of the woman came to him not as he wanted to see her, but as a faceless corpse writhing on the ground. convulsing as death strangled the life from her. He wanted to scream, and yet he couldn't. He couldn't see, He couldn't feel, everything was blank.

"I am going to need you to Trust me."

Marius didn't hear the rest, but those words alone were both the most terrifying and heartwarming words he'd ever heard. There had been others, Those that pitied him and gave him a place because he had no where else. But in those words the gentle caress that came with them was enough to calm him just enough that he could not hear anymore. "Sweet silence...."

Her hands were soft, and Marius would have taken his time recognizing their touch just as a blind man would yearn for the soft embrace of another. The pain that followed..... was horrible, and yet Marius didn't care. All that mattered was absolute silence... for the very first time in his life. His senses blacked and he founds himself within a void where he was whole. A place where She did not exist, and soon with his pain so too went the boys consciousness. His body falling limp as his magic was taken from him and he was loaded into a car. Marius for the first time in his life when the pain should have been enough to kill a normal man, it was nothing to the peace he felt in not being a mage; even for this short while.

At the Base~

The peace lasted a while. Marius thought himself even possibly dead and he was okay with that. Such a beautiful lie that he longed for and yet when the tires came to a screeching halt, and the sound of doors slamming shut Marius was taken from his trance. It was slow at first but his mind came back to him, first in his sight as he looked around a compound and for the first time truly was able to see his saviors. The one called Sebastian was hardly the type of guy that Marius wanted to get on the bad side of, but to do this, he couldn't be all bad either. There was a biased for Marius because often time anyone who looked and/or carried themselves like him... was bad news, at least in the business of the mob. The other woman could only be described was Mary herself. Marius in his fear had turned to faith if only to hope for something to cling to, and the way the woman carried herself... She was a mother... or at least like what one was supposed to be. Just as they explained the situation and their arrangements Marius hearing returned to him and he learned some of the names of those around him.

Still dazed and confused Marius did his very best to try and remain attentive, though the fear was slowly returning now along with the rest of his senses. The woman's voice was not though. What happened? Was she finally gone now? Marius was no fool to hope for such a thing after the hell that he'd lived, but with lack of 'her' voice He found himself searching for the source of another voice. His eyes scanned the vicinity until he found rest on the woman who had saved him. In the back, she too looked to be in.... oh right... pain...

Almost on queue a crippling pain nearly took Marius from his feet, as the lack of his magic was finally allowed to creep back into realization. It wasn't pain so much as a choking feeling, as though he'd swallowed sand and was now suffering the curse of coughing it all back up. Regurgitating crisp sharp nails as he tried to breath normally and found that even that was exhausting. It took more effort than it should have to learn how to control his breathing enough and stay standing.

Those around him were in better shape considerably which was possibly the biggest shock of all. People were around him... and they were not in danger.... was this.. what it was to be normal? The feeling was a fleeting happiness but he clung to it at least for now. One of the girls in particular seemed attached to the obvious leader of this resistance of whatever. She had seemed to composed before but now... he could see what literal hell everyone else had been going though, and a pang of guilt pierced him. The two boys in the van and neither one of them had done shit to be brave for the girls... In fact he was sure he'd made it that much worst even.

Marius turned away and shook his head viciously as another pang of pain shot through his temples.... He half expected it to accompany her voice, but was taken when only silence followed.

"My my, looks like you'll be my roommate for the time being."

Marius turned to meet the eloquence of none other than the other psycho. Not just look though, he glared back at the boy. "Careful what you wish for.." Was all he managed to respond with. Curtly responding to Eclairs comment about 'her' as he walked past the man. it was probably guilt, or still the effects of whatever had been done to him, but Marius was trying to find a reason to feel bad for his current thoughts. For the first time since shit had hit the fan he almost wished that this eloquent brat would get to meet 'her.'

Everything was happening so fast but Marius knew that he didn't like this one. But if nothing else it was better to spare more misery than necessary and he knew he'd have to try and get along with the boy. It wasn't like he would fit in too well with the girls after all. Most of them probably already thought he was a freak and he didn't blame them. Besides... better to try and be friendly with the one that he wasn't sure he would care if they died 'randomly.'

"Well I guess lets make the best of this. You can pick whichever side of the room you want first. I don't care too much about comfort. that being said... I have a splitting head ache so I am going to wash up.... If you need anything my name is Marius." Marius stated calmly before waving and shutting the door behind him. He'd seen a wash room on his way to their bed room, and so he made his way there. His hand glued to his forehead as he tried to pony through the pain.

Hecate listened for the footsteps that would signal the floor was hers alone again from her spot in the pantry. The stairs ran directly over her and she heard the troop of new recruits as they went to the pair of newly restored rooms above. She also heard Leona's swagger step in her infamous BAMF-boots. But no rigid not quite stomp that belonged solely to Sebastian. She grabbed the Tupperware container of brownies from the hidden nook where the stairs met the larder's ceiling and hopped down from her precarious perch on the shelves that allowed her to reach her 'stash'.

Slipping out of the dark pantry and back into the dim lamp-lit kitchen. She arranged the dessert on a plate she had left next to her lamp, and, after putting the soiled dishes in the sink and extinguishing her lamp with the delicate filigree snuffer she'd found in a parlor two bases ago, crept to the main room with her snack where she knew Sebastian would be waiting.

And lo-and-behold, lounging like Lord-and-Master-of-the-Medieval-Keep in the scroungy easy chair that somehow found its way into every headquarters the Resistance ever had, was the man himself looking for the world like the lovechild of Apollo and Atlas between his too pretty face and the weariness that warred with it.

"I assume everything went well with the extraction..."

@BearEnthusiast

• Love
Reactions: Bears and Wolfsin
@weird.

Bankei was meditating in his room shortly before the others came back. He was just about finished, actually, and he stood up and stretched as he heard the sound of a car and a motorcycle coming in. He stopped stretching to listen. So, they were back? He should probably ask what they found, more people he believed. He made his way out of the room and downstairs into the hall, a serene look on his face. He enjoyed the peace and quiet this place brought, probably had something to do with the base used to be a wind school. He stopped when he heard footsteps and looked for the source. Apparently it was a girl, looking lost. Oh dear, he thought to himself as he hurried over towards Jodie. "Excuse me, young lady, are you lost?" he asked, "I can show you to the dining hall if you're hungry, or are you looking for a room?"

~*~
"Oh? You're letting me have the first pick? How thoughtful of you," Eclair said, taking in the sight of the room. He walked over to one of the beds and pushed down on it. A bit springy. He went to the other bed in the room and pushed down on that one. Softer. "Considering he doesn't mind not having comfort, I'll take the right bed," he said to himself, still keeping a smile on his face as he laid down on it. "Marius...what an interesting name..." He chuckled softly. "Perhaps if I get to know you, you wouldn't be so uptight and sad. Hm, I think I'll ask him who 'she' is when he gets back." He frowned as his stomach grumbled. He hoped someone would come check on him soon and lead them to wherever they were supposed to eat.​

embed.php

What time was it? He pondered, glancing around the room. Sadly, there weren't any visible clocks. Normally he was fine not being able to tell what time it was, but seeing as three of their group had gone off on a mission, he couldn't help but slightly worried. They'd been gone for quite some time, at least a few hours. So either they were captured, dead, or they'd found something worth staying longer than they really needed to. He hoped it was the latter, or else he would go on a rampage and most likely get himself killed.

With a sigh, he pulled himself off the rather comfortable leather chair. The old floor boards creaked underneath him as he made his way to the door, slowly opening it and stepping outside. Maybe they were back and he just hadn't heard them. But then again, with how old the school was, the walls were thin and you could pretty much hear someone whispering to themselves from a few rooms down. Creepy maybe, but definitely possible. He'd heard more than he probably should have a few times already, but it was useful information. Maybe one day he could use it as blackmail.

Probably not though, he wasn't that evil. Usually.

Turning on his heel, he made his way down the corridor and into another room, one much larger than his own. It was once a library, with all the old scattered books on the floor and shelves. Originally he'd thought he'd go check out front, but Jeb knew that if they had returned, they'd would have called for another meeting as they usually did whenever they got back from missions. He might as well stop worrying and just lose himself in a book or two, even though he rarely even glanced at one. It would at least help him not think about the others, and keep him from dying of boredom.

Making a beeline towards a certain auburn colored bookcase, he already knew what he was going to read. Once reaching the looming dark bookcase, he reached out and gently plucked a book from it's decaying place. It had quite a few things about wind, fire, and every other element out there as far as he knew. Though he'd already read it a billion times already, he always like to try and figure out the small codes here and there that had been left by either past students or teachers. He thought of it as kind of like a mystery. Hell, once he'd found some money hidden underneath the floor in the kitchen because of the book, though he spent that immediately at the nearest whore house. Usually it wasn't anything too serious, but it was fun, kept him busy.

Nyx had a bit of a difficult time driving while simultaneously keeping her magic in check. She knew that Marius would also be in pain, but she had to keep it up until they reached home. When the base came into view she sighed in relief. "Don't worry. It's somewhat cozy for an abandoned school." She assured them after Sebastian's little speech.

In the entry hall Nyx sat down roughly on the bench just inside the door. Once a popular place for young wind mages to store their bags, the bench was now old and creaky. She vaguely listened to everyone around her talking, but added nothing herself. Marius's magic was now prodding at her own, trying to find weaknesses where there were none. Nyx brushed his magic off before realizing that she was the last in the entry way. Sighing she stood to follow after Marius.

Locating Marius was not a problem, her magic led her straight to him. However, the fact that he was in the wash room made things a bit awkward. Nyx decided that sitting next to the door seemed like a good idea. Plopping down next to the door she decided to wait until Marius had exited the room before speaking to him.

SEBASTIAN RUTHERFORD
Sebastian, who had propped his bare feet on top of the dark oak wood coffee table in front of him, quickly took them off when he heard Hectate's voice from behind his chair. He cleared his throat as he stood up to greet her with a nod and a tired smile. "More successful than my last one at least. Having another mage or two made it a bit easier dealing with..resistance." He spoke solemnly, rubbing the back of his head in thought. He moved a bit closer, his eyes glancing back towards the direction of the initiate's rooms.

With a narrowed head and a lowered voice, Sebastian spoke.

"Look..one of the mages we found today, she was crying when we realized she was capable of water magic.." He began his mind drifting to the back of the convoy, his eyebrows narrowing at the thought. "..and I know how much of a magical advancement that is and I want you to find out what you can about her. Just try to go easy on her with the questions alright? She's very emotional right now and has every right to be."

He backed off, grimacing as his racing thoughts brought back on his headache. He nodded once more.

"I'm going to head up and attempt sleep, I trust you to handle this Hec." Sebastian then told her before he left her and began walking up the stairs with one hand massaging his head. "Good night."

Aysu stopped crying when she heard voices outside; she wasn't sure how long it had been but she was tired and hungry. The pain and grief she felt from earlier had settled into a numbness in her chest, pushing against her ribcage uncomfortably. Wiping her eyes for a final time, she looked at the icy display she had accidentally created with a note of surprise. Aysu was not entirely proficient in ice magic and had no idea how to reverse the changes, so she wrenched the lock open with as much strength as she could muster and gave the cubicle door a good push to break the sheet of ice sealing it to the rest of the cubicle. A tentative push of the flusher confirmed that, indeed, Aysu had frozen the toilet solid. She giggled; the thought alone of some poor soul trying to use it now was enough to make her laugh, and the sound of her own laughter gave her a much-needed reminder.

I'm on my own here, she thought sternly to herself, wandering over to the mirror. She leant on the sink, peering into her bloodshot dark eyes searchingly. Keep smiling girlie - Aysu heard her father's warm voice in her memories. Keep smiling, adapt and move forward. No, Aysu wasn't alone; She knew her grandmother was watching from heaven, and just because she lost all contact with her parents doesn't mean that they died. She panicked and over-reacted, most likely because she was moments away from death. The shock subsided as Aysu washed her face and pressed cold, wet tissue paper to her eyes to reduce the puffiness of her eyes. A deep breath and a wavering smile later and Aysu exited the toilets-...and nearly tripped over Nyx, who was sitting right next to the entrance.

"The hell ya doin' there, girlie?" she asked, surprised. "Gonna get a cold bum sittin' on the floor like that! An' watch where you put your foot, nearly kissed the floor trying to get past you." Aysu flashed a warm smile before stuffing her hands in her pockets and sauntering down the corridor towards her room. She blinked and muttered a " 'scuse me," as she squeezed past Bankei and Jodie and disappeared into her room.

It was damp and dark in the room but the window looked like it needed a bit of elbow grease to open up. Aysu checked out the beds for any insects or mould; she didn't trust the pillows and tucked the blankets around the mattress to make an extra sheet. Her head throbbed painfully from the wound, she was hungry and thirsty, but for some reason Aysu felt restless...giddy. She knew she would have difficulty sleeping even though it was already pitch black outside, so she paced up and down the room a few times then flopped onto the mattress, hanging her head off the edge and peering at the other end of the room and the other bed whilst upside down. Whilst staring at the dusty floorboards, Aysu remembered which made her groan. "He saw my magic..." she sighed, remembering the way Sebastian's brows knitted when she pulled out of the hug. She was so distraught that she summoned up some water to comfort her, and everyone saw it...

Aysu slid a little so the top of her head pushed against the floorboards. It didn't matter. She had been interrogated for two weeks whilst the Templars tried to force more spells out of her, and Aysu had survived that; she knew what she had to do. She was resolute; she would not become a test subject, not for the Templars, not for these so-called 'Resistance' mages. Her water magic was her secret - Aysu wasn't prepared to divulge any of it to anyone, just in case they discovered the true extent of her abilities.

Reactions: Wolfsin
Marius head was bursting so much he almost missed it on his way into the bathroom. It was faint but the sound was nothing Marius was new to. This was new for all of them, but not everyone was so accurately destroyed as he or well.. his room mate seemed to be. Some were still quite fragile in their own right. Still what was he supposed to do about this?

The crying got louder, though he could tell that the girl inside was trying to hide it. Even louder though was the bursting pain in his head, he couldn't ignore it anymore. Anyways... after his display in the van who the hell of them was going to want to be comforted by the likes of him? he wanted to help but knew that nothing he could say was going to help her now, and reluctantly Marius slammed the bathroom door behind him as he stumbled over to the sink and placed his hand on the wall next to the mirror.

Marius had always hated his eyes. The mix matched colors made it almost impossible even if he were normal; for others to believe it. Maybe that was just the way it was. he wasn't normal after all, in fact this silence that was slowly starting to fade now was the absolute closest he had ever come to being normal; and Marius knew it would not last.

Greedily Marius scooped up what little running water he could get out of the broken down sink and splashed it over his face, and bangs. Matted bloody hair from the head wound mixed with the water and fell into his hands but he ignored it and continued to wash himself as best he could. "At least whoever these people are... they aren't normal either." Marius smiled and shook his head, half disgusted that he got a sick sort of satisfaction from that knowledge.

It was faint but Marius could still hear the girl crying even now through the hollow bathroom wall. He truly wanted to help her but... well... No one was truly ready to accept anyone's help after what they'd been through right? Slowly but surely it faded and another sensation took hold. It was warm, familiar, yet stranger all at the same time. Marius knew who it was just beyond the men's bathroom door, and part of his had expected that he would be seeing her soon. Part of him was a boy that was excited to see the woman again. Just outside Marius could hear a slight conversation, the girls restroom shut again, and thought it was faint he was sure that it was the girl that had been crying this whole time. "Good" At least she had found some comfort.

Splashing his face once more he dried himself with his shirt and then exit the bathroom, being careful not to bump over anyone in his exit. For the first time without a clouded mind he looked upon his savior. Just as beautiful if not more than what dreams had taunted him with. Marius tried for an awkward smile, and before he realized it, before he could stop himself he asked her. "Can you make it so that it is always this quiet?"

• Love
Reactions: Periwinkle
Hecate's grip on the plate of brownies was amazonian. Her grip on her facial muscles were far less strict. She couldn't have prevented the half-mad grin spreading across her face even if she had wanted to.

"Water magic", she breathed. "There' a water mage."

She noticed nothing on her walk back to the library; not the hubbub by the ladies room, not Nyx climbing the stairs, not even Jed- doing Gods know what in her library. She went immediately to her desk. The porcelain clinked against the wood pleasantly when she put down the brownies. Striding briskly over past the lovely cherry-wood bookcases the school should not have been able to afford, to the row of specialty locked display shelves in the very back that held the crown jewels of her collection. Unlocking the safety glass panels, she thumbed the spines of her paper courtiers. Stroking them with all the affection they deserved...so very neat and smartly bound...red leather, yellow leather, gold embossed, and-that's it-marbled blue like the ocean after a storm.

Peregrine's Treatises on Theoretical Applications of Isothermal Magics

Hecate quickly reset the lock safeguarding her precious ones, and went back to her desk. Gathering an empty spiral bound notebook, some pens, and, after a moment's regard, the brownies she swept from the room; not even bothering to acknowledge a bemused Jed. The stairs were quick work to one in her state of excitement. The hallway the same. She may have hesitated slightly when it came to a choice of doors as to which room this water mage had taken residency in, but the heavy footsteps going up and down the right-hand room solved that mystery. And with a quick double tap that may, only in the most of polite societies,have been just barely classified as a knock she opened the oak veneer door with the flowers crudely burned into it, presumably by the same artist as the library's door, onto...what appeared to be a grown woman kissing the floor.

Perhaps it would it have been more prudent to wait until morning.

@Ythania

• Love
Reactions: Ythania
Nyx could hear faint crying coming from the bathroom door next to her. In an attempt to block out the other woman's sorrows she decided that meditating was in her best interest in that moment. Closing her eyes Nyx began to clear her mind of anything and everything. Once fully immersed in a meditative state Nyx's powers would come a bit easier due to the solitude meditation offered, and it lessened the drain on her already tired body.

Nyx had been sitting outside of the bathroom door for a good while before she was abruptly interrupted by someone striking her thigh. Acting on instinct Nyx was quickly on her feet and already drawing on her magic before she realized that it was only one of the new initiates. "I apologize. I was clearly at fault in this situation." She murmured to the other woman before letting go of the magic she'd quickly clung to. Stretching, Nyx decided she would stand to wait for Marius.

Thankfully Nyx didn't have to wait long as moments later the door opened and he exited the bathroom. For a moment he seemed to scrutinize her before blurting something out so fast that she almost hadn't understood him, almost. With a flick of her fingers shadows crept up the walls and danced, creating a shadow story on the wall. "I cannot make it quiet for you all of the time. You need to learn to do that yourself. I can, however teach you to control your magic so that you will not hurt others. For now I know that your magic is screaming to be let back in. I can feel it pushing on my barrier even now. If you'll follow me I'll take you to a safe place to let it free."

Turning Nyx guided Marius through the halls to a deserted part of the building. She opened a door and gestured him in front of her. Once they were both inside she flicked a switch and a light came on to reveal a large empty room that seemed to be padded on the walls. "This used to be a practice arena for wind mages to learn combat. This is where I will release your power. There is no way for your magic to escape this room so it will be safe for the others. Now prepare yourself. Sometimes magic can be a bit violent when reentering the body." Closing her eyes, Nyx focused on her magic and slowly cut off the flow to the barrier, trying to let his magic trickle back in slowly. It took quite a bit of effort but when done she huffed and sat down. "Now then how about you release this magic and we'll see what you can do." She said, almost sounding bored.

@Miranda Sage Barnard
Aysu tilted her head slightly as she heard someone come indoors. "That Jodie?" she asked uncertainly; the blood rushing to her head confused her for a moment and she realised that, no, it was not the young girl who she expected to be Jodie. Aysu quickly took in her appearance - breathless, shocked and confused (though that might be from the fact they found Aysu in her thinking position) wielding a notepad and a pen and - most importantly - a plate of brownies. Aysu's eyes lit up. Anyone offering food had to be friendly, and she was rather peckish...but there was something off.

In fact, there was something off about the whole situation which - up to now - Aysu hadn't really thought about. These people hid in a school and did...what, precisely? Try to take down the Templars on their own by murdering more people? What would that make Aysu when her magic is found out - another secret weapon to be manipulated? The whole ordeal made her head hurt, even more so when she sat upright and everything went dark and fuzzy at the edges. Aysu wondered how much blood she lost as she swayed a little, grunting and gingerly placing a hand onto her head.

"Ya not Jodie..." Aysu murmured, peering up at Hecate with inquisitive and wary eyes. She looked vaguely like an animal in captivity; guarded, uncertain and tense...but also curious and cunning. And hungry. She looked very hungry. "Who are you? Another ice mage?" Aysu picked at a tear in the corner of her sleeve, tilting her head to the side, never taking her eyes off Hecate. "Where'd ya take me? Why ya here?" she continued laying on the questions, not once bothering to introduce herself or make any pleasantries. She went from a death convoy to being hauled to this...this base and now she was alone and afraid. "What-...what ya gonna do to me?" she whispered. A part of her wanted to use magic, but a much louder, more sensible part of her told her not to reveal anything to this stranger.

Not yet.

Last edited:
  • Love
The ride to the 'compound' wasn't too harsh, at least it wasn't as bad as when they were in the convoy. Though she doubted that anything would ever be as bad as that, and she hoped that she'd never get stuck in a situation like it again. Once they reached their new so called home, she couldn't help but feel a little excited. Though, since it was someplace new, she also felt awkward. Which caused her to follow the woman whom had gotten out of her chains. She wanted to talk, to at least ask some things, but she couldn't and she sure as hell doubted any of them new sign language or how to read lips.

It didn't take long for her to lose the woman, and she hadn't realized how far she'd gotten into the place. The others whom had been in the convoy with her were... Nowhere to be seen. Jodie looked around, a small frown forming on her lips. Of course she'd get lost in only five minutes of being there, of course. She couldn't help but sigh, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. What would she do now? She'd probably be able to find her way but... Who knew how long that would take? The place seemed absolutely huge and, even a bit... Old? What if she fell through the floor or found a secret passage and got lost even more than she was now?

With her thoughts all jumbled, her mind had barely registered the upcoming footsteps. Her head snapped up once the man began to talk. He was bald, and looked to be wearing... A robe? It didn't look like the robe people wore when they got out of the shower, it seemed too silky and would most likely would be ruined if it were a bath robe. She tilted her head to the side, staring at him curiously. The guy didn't seem to be too old, and he didn't look as mean and rough as the guy on the convoy had. Hm...

She finally realized that he'd asked her something, and she hadn't even heard him! Whoops. Her stomach growled right as she was about to try and see if he could ask her again, that is, until her stomach grumbled. A soft hue of red dusted her cheeks, and her hands immediately went to her stomach.

Jodie hadn't eaten at all that day, so of course she'd be hungry. She was just embarrassed, already being lost, and now her stomach was making the weirdest noises. But, being embarrassed was much better than being completely scared out of her mind, or being dead.

• Love
Reactions: Ythania
@galactical

Bankei took note of Jodie's growling stomach. "Well, if you're hungry, I can take you to the dining room and make you something. Or, er, take some leftovers and give you that instead, but that would be too rude." He smile sheepishly at his comment about leftovers. "Enough of that, I'll take you where you need to go." He beckoned for the girl to come with him and led her to the dining hall. "Stay there, I'll get something nice and hot for you," he said before heading into the kitchen. Truthfully, he was never really that good of a cook. He knew how to make rice, yes, but other things were foreign to him. With a sigh, he checked the fridge to see if there was anything he could use to heat up.

Hecate blinked at the woman falling to pieces in front of her. There was a brief moment where she considered backing out of the little restored room, shutting the flowery door, and leaving the panic soaked thing to sort herself out in peace, but as always the call of knowledge kept her on her chosen path. There was no room for retreat in Hecate's life, no room for regret or remorse or backing down from the ever increasing stakes. Such sentimentality would have poisoned her soul years before the Resistance if she had ever allowed it a foothold in her life. And she certainly couldn't tolerate it now. If what Sebastian had told her about this woman was true, then the knowledge she possessed, if not her abilities themselves, would be an unbelievable asset to the cause.

The Templars, from what she remembered, had no record of water magic in serious application. A few scholars, Peregrine chiefly, had postulated that such a talent may be possible, but no hard evidence had ever been found. And if this terrified woman was indeed a water mage, then she was an unknown quantity in this war. One that Hecate fully intended to weigh and measure. Panic be damned.

"Right then", marching briskly forward she sat down neatly on the bed opposite the woman and placed the plate on the nightstand in between them. Laying the notebook, pen, and volume next to her in a strict line beside her, she smoothed down her skirt and pulled the wrinkles from her blouse before intertwining her delicate fingers precisely over her lap and again facing the water mage. "My name is Hecate de Desos. I am not an ice mage, but rather an electricity mage with a proclivity towards some aspects of force. Primarily though I function here as an archivist. At this moment we are at our current base of operations, an abandoned school for wind mages. And as to what we're going to do with you, that's rather in your hands. I, though, intend to find out as much about your magic as I can before you make any major decisions as to that regard. Now if you would be so kind as to answer a few preliminary questions, I'm sure you are very tired, and I would be more than glad to leave you the rest of the night in peace." She poised the pen over the notebook and looked expectantly across the room.

@Ythania

The woman was all business, and Aysu was certainly not a fan of how...eerily similar her attitude was to that of the Templars. She seemed to be telling the truth, but how could Aysu know? Her heart thudded painfully in her chest, but she was a remarkably stubborn and resilient woman. She cracked a weak smile as Hecate (Wasn't that the goddess of witchcraft? Necromancy? Aysu couldn't remember) introduced herself, stated what her magic was, and confirmed that they were indeed in the Resistance base. Aysu's smile widened as she said that her fate was 'in her hands', but it wasn't for the right reasons...Aysu knew that technically they could let her go, but where to? The whole world was crawling with Templars, and if she tried to turn back home where some people trust her, she's likely to find double-crossers and spies.

Then there came the real kicker - "I, though, intend to find out as much about your magic as I can." Aysu couldn't believe her ears. She felt like she was going to be sick - she just escaped two weeks of this kind of interrogation from the Templars and now she was being subjected to it all over again? I think I would've preferred the execution, she thought meekly to herself as she nodded slowly and took a brownie to distract herself. As she chewed on the cake, she felt her strength return little by little, and once again her fathers words echoed...Keep smiling girlie - adapt and move forward.

Aysu knew how this game worked. She played it for two weeks and, by all accounts, won. Of course, being sent to execution wasn't much of a prize but it was much better than being turned into a weapon. Aysu mentally steeled herself and nodded again, starting to relax. "Eh, fine by me. Ask away, I'll try to answer as best as I can." she responded casually, peering down at the notepad and finishing off her brownie. She played with the rip in her sleeve again as she rehearsed her answers in her head, chewed on the inside of her cheeks to loosen up her muscles and focused intently on keeping her face as straight and passive as possible.

• Love
"I'm just asking some preliminary questions, nothing too difficult tonight. I'm sure you are quite exhausted enough already what with the great extraction and all. As well as whatever went on prior to with our friendly neighborhood Templar."

Hecate straightened her already stiff posture and set in on the timid creature across from her. "Name, if you desire you can leave off the surname but I will need a given. Current age? Age you were when your magic manifested? Any obvious triggers? Any other water mages in the family?" She paused to offer her a speculative glance, "You don't have to give anything more then a yes or no to that one. I do understand."

@Ythania

Status
Not open for further replies.