The Magician

"Kitten?" Lux eyed the girl. "Oooh.." Xavier smirked, ruffling Lux's fur. "Anyway, enough of this ham," he rolled his eyes, gesturing towards Lux. "How did it taste? And are you ready for a teleportation/shapeshifting spectacular?" Pulling a small bottle from his pocket Xavier opened it, watching as a small array of fireworks shot from the bottle into the air between him and Kiri.

She looked at Lux, pouting. "You don't like being a kitten??" Her expression changed as she looked back at Xavier. She smiled and replied, "Well...It was refreshing. Dunno how else to put it! But I sure am ready!" Kiri was literally bouncing, trying to controll her overexcitement. She made sure she didn't break anything in the kitchen.

Dylan walks down the street, hands in pocket with a glum look on his face "So bored," he mutters to himself. Out of his peripheral vision, he sees a spark of light. He turns and sees a man in a girl inside a house, along with a kitten. He walks towards to house, curiosity overwhelming him.

"Not the pout face..." "He's a softy for those." Xavier said, winking at Kiri. Lux glared at the man, fading into thin air. "Now that the grumpy puss is gone, let's get to it!" walking into the foyer, he pulled another bottle from one of his floating shelves making his way to a closet. Opening the closet door, he stood do the side, opening the bottle.

Dylan reappears in a pond in the middle of a dog park. "What the heck was that?!" he say, coughing water out of my lungs. He swim towards shore. He sees some menacing dogs growl at him, and he bolts, doubting he could outrun the dogs, but he still tries.

He runs out of the park and into the parking lot, realizing that the dogs owners whistled them back. "What obedient dogs" he muttered. He walks back home.

There was a loud buzzing sound, a large red light by the door began to flash. Xavier jumped, setting the bottle on the table. "Damn." Someone or something had tripped the alarm. Flipping open a panel by the door, he pressed a green button waiting as the buzzing subsided. Pressing another button he waited as the security tape rewound.

On his way home he hears an obnoxious alarm coming from that house. He make a sharp turn toward it. He knock on the door, increasing annoyance of each knock, and he adds in a "Hello!?, I know you're in there!"

Kiri ran twoards the door, hearing a knocking sound. "Hey, Mr. Xavier! I'ma answer your door!" She found her way around his house easily, quickly finding the door. She opened it, noticing the boy who was much taller than she. "Eh...who are you?" She tilted her head as she found herself talking to a complete stranger.

Dylan is dripping wet from the scummy pond water, green algae hanging of him like drapery. "I'm Dylan" he says to the girl. Then he sighs and picks a card the the man's hand.

He leaned over, peering around the door. "Who is it, Kiri?" He closed the panel on the wall, moving to the door. Standing outside was a boy who looked to be in his mid teens and dripping wet. "Can I help you?"

"Yeah you can, I just have one question, how and why did you teleport me to some dog park.." I say, trying to keep my cool, but it bubbles beneath the surface.

"Hi, Dylan, it's nice to meet you." snapping his fingers a towel appeared in his hands, unfolding the towel, he handed it to the boy. "You should come in."

Kiri moved to the side so that he could come inside and dry himself off. She was giggling to herself. "You should have brought a dog back! I'm sure they'd make a great pet~"

"Thanks.." he says, drying himself off. He drapes the towel over his shoulders and follows the man inside.

"Those dogs..," he says, shaking his head. "I'm not sure you'd like to meet them"

Xavier laughed some, "I'm not sure Lux would like that very much." Lux appeared upon Kiri's shoulder, glaring some "Don't even think about it." Xavier smiled, ruffling Lux's fur some.

Shutting the door, he turned to the boy looking him over. "You need to get into some dry clothes." once again the man snapped his fingers, watching as dry clothing appeared on the boy complete with the 'fresh out of the dryer' feel and smell. "There you go." he said smiling. "So what about a pond?"

Dylan takes a step back wide eyed. "I-it can talk!?" he says with alarm. He wonders what else it could do.

She wondered why he didn't want to bring one home. Maybe he wasn't a dog person. That made her wonder if cats could be dog people too. "Can cats be dog people or are they just mortal enemies from birth?"