The Magical Realm: A Warped Reality Of Magic & Chaos (Sign Ups/OOC/Shutting Down For Now...Sorry )

Do You Have What It Takes To Be In The Magical Realm?

• Uh...Yeah!!!!!!!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Maybe...I don't know yet...

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Let's Do This!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No, bye...

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you guys got this or not, but when the chars wake up in the new world they will be in their new appearance outfits...which will make a great intro lol. And they won't know about any of their powers, their weapons will be with them though.

• Useful
Reactions: Jihae
I will make charies, soon, when no idea

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Rofl everyone wants electric powers lol. Zayn my character has Atmokinesis (weather control...but will only know lighting bolts for now...soo three electric users Rofl)

I am using sound powers, suck it

Pffft, Carson can pull things to him.. WITH BOLTS OF LIGHTNING.

I mean, yeh, it is electricity but s'pretty cool yo.

I will finish my character tomorrow! And I changed her Magical Affinity.

My first character is done, my wifi is acting up tonight. Will have to finish other ones tomorrow. You can look at Zayn to see how I would want the cs to look, if you need a reference. Will be adding the accepeted characters to the roster tomorrow and after my other characters are done, will add more notables.

@Autumn_Burns_Red Your character is great, just know that for now she can't use her combustion on any living thing for now and her freezing only lasts for 2 seconds ( which is one ic post) until she learns her powers more.

Yeah, I already figured that. Seeing as there new.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Well I'll see you guys tomoorw, here's hoping my wifi isn't a butt lol tomorrow.

Here's my application, hope it's to standard.​

Name: Ken-Zhi Zhu
Nickname(s): People call him Ken for short
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: Ken is a black haired and green eyed young man, standing at 173cm tall and weighing 73kg. He is largely unremarkable physically, save to those that find his typical Asian features worthy of note.
Nationality: Australian
Birthplace: Xining, China
Living Where: Sydney, Australia

History: Ken is the son of a couple that immigrated to Australia when he was young. He grew up an Australian, but he wasn't always treated like one by his peers. Feeling ostracised from his community, he was quite the introvert for a great deal of his life, and often took solace in works of fiction. Anything from books to video games were the kinds of things he would lose himself in when he was young. He particularly idolised the idea of being a stealthy, roguish kind of character that could sneak about rather than fight directly.

As Ken matured, he became less introverted than he used to be, but he didn't entirely lose his love of good stories, even if he had less and less time for them. He is currently finishing off an arts degree at university, but he is quite worried about the future. He has been repeatedly told his passions won't lead him to a feasible career, and yet he just can't hack it in subjects like maths and sciences. He fears he will find himself being one of many useless individuals loafing about with no real skills or prospects.

Personality: Ken is a sociable enough fellow, but one that likes to keep a lot of things close to his chest. He doesn't voice his opinions unless he's sure they won't be received poorly or under truly extreme circumstances. He hates feeling like he's at odds with people, and will try to avoid offending others. If he can't avoid conflict, then he will avoid those he conflicts with rather than trying to beat his head against the wall making peace. He prefers to deal with his problems with subtlety as opposed to charging in and confronting issues head on.

-Peace and quiet
-Learning
-Video games

Dislikes:
-Chaos/disorder
-Confrontation
-Being the centre of attention
-Ignorance

Quirks: Sometimes Ken can bleat out some colourful Australian slang, usually unintentionally.
Flaws & Imperfections: Ken lacks confidence in himself, which is represented by his reluctance to meet his problems directly and instead skirt around issues or avoid them altogether. He is not terribly brave either, and would much prefer to avoid a fight than pick one.

Magical Realm:
Name: Khayal
Title: Not yet

Power(s):
-Sand manipulation: He can manipulate sand to perform all manner of feats, such as obscuring his movements or harassing his foes. Naturally, he has yet to develop an understanding of his powers.

Magical Affinity: Sand

Race: Human for now

New Appearance:
character_8_of_9__secret_by_dra90nboi.jpg

Weapon(s): He uses a curved blade known as a Scimitar.
Special Race Power: None
Other: As warped as a flaming galah.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
So we have pretty much a lot of swordsmen...Thankfully most of these swords are all used differently, so it's not overly redundant.

Bastard Swords, aka longswords, for tactical combat, usually used to keep the distance so that their enemy can't hit them but can still get hit. My character with a cutlass designed for fighting in corridors and tight areas, not very tactical, mostly blind swinging and stabbing until the target dies. What appears to be a single handed sword, I'll assume it is so anyway, which is mostly a proper fencing style, a skill based sword. And now we have a scimitar, a sword usually used by riders because their curve made it so the slashes wouldn't get stuck inside the targets as a straight sword would on horse back...

Or maybe I'm overthinking this a little <_<

So we have pretty much a lot of swordsmen...Thankfully most of these swords are all used differently, so it's not overly redundant.

Bastard Swords, aka longswords, for tactical combat, usually used to keep the distance so that their enemy can't hit them but can still get hit. My character with a cutlass designed for fighting in corridors and tight areas, not very tactical, mostly blind swinging and stabbing until the target dies. What appears to be a single handed sword, I'll assume it is so anyway, which is mostly a proper fencing style, a skill based sword. And now we have a scimitar, a sword usually used by riders because their curve made it so the slashes wouldn't get stuck inside the targets as a straight sword would on horse back...

Or maybe I'm overthinking this a little <_<
Yeah, the variety of swords will be interesting. But don't forget the one bowwoman and the few magic users.

Yeah, the variety of swords will be interesting. But don't forget the one bowwoman and the few magic users.
Oh of course, I think the bow and wind combo will be very interesting since wind can be used to manipulate the arrows trajectory even after it's been fired...

Oh of course, I think the bow and wind combo will be very interesting since wind can be used to manipulate the arrows trajectory even after it's been fired...
That's exactly what I was going for XD I gave her wind after the bow and arrow for that reason specifically.

I'll probably need a couple more days before I can post my CS, I hope that's alright.

Yeah sure, as long as you get it in. If I get the okay from everyone after I finish some more things, we can start whenever.

That's exactly what I was going for XD I gave her wind after the bow and arrow for that reason specifically.
Though I feel Adrian and James won't get along very well, what with Adrian liking complicated problems and whatnot. They won't dislike eachother, methinks, but still :P

Here's my application, hope it's to standard.​

Name: Ken-Zhi Zhu
Nickname(s): People call him Ken for short
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: Ken is a black haired and green eyed young man, standing at 173cm tall and weighing 73kg. He is largely unremarkable physically, save to those that find his typical Asian features worthy of note.
Nationality: Australian
Birthplace: Xining, China
Living Where: Sydney, Australia

History: Ken is the son of a couple that immigrated to Australia when he was young. He grew up an Australian, but he wasn't always treated like one by his peers. Feeling ostracised from his community, he was quite the introvert for a great deal of his life, and often took solace in works of fiction. Anything from books to video games were the kinds of things he would lose himself in when he was young. He particularly idolised the idea of being a stealthy, roguish kind of character that could sneak about rather than fight directly.

As Ken matured, he became less introverted than he used to be, but he didn't entirely lose his love of good stories, even if he had less and less time for them. He is currently finishing off an arts degree at university, but he is quite worried about the future. He has been repeatedly told his passions won't lead him to a feasible career, and yet he just can't hack it in subjects like maths and sciences. He fears he will find himself being one of many useless individuals loafing about with no real skills or prospects.

Personality: Ken is a sociable enough fellow, but one that likes to keep a lot of things close to his chest. He doesn't voice his opinions unless he's sure they won't be received poorly or under truly extreme circumstances. He hates feeling like he's at odds with people, and will try to avoid offending others. If he can't avoid conflict, then he will avoid those he conflicts with rather than trying to beat his head against the wall making peace. He prefers to deal with his problems with subtlety as opposed to charging in and confronting issues head on.

-Peace and quiet
-Learning
-Video games

Dislikes:
-Chaos/disorder
-Confrontation
-Being the centre of attention
-Ignorance

Quirks: Sometimes Ken can bleat out some colourful Australian slang, usually unintentionally.
Flaws & Imperfections: Ken lacks confidence in himself, which is represented by his reluctance to meet his problems directly and instead skirt around issues or avoid them altogether. He is not terribly brave either, and would much prefer to avoid a fight than pick one.

Magical Realm:
Name: Khayal
Title: Not yet

Power(s):
-Sand manipulation: He can manipulate sand to perform all manner of feats, such as obscuring his movements or harassing his foes. Naturally, he has yet to develop an understanding of his powers.

Magical Affinity: If Sand doesn't count, then Earth

Race: Human for now

New Appearance:
character_8_of_9__secret_by_dra90nboi.jpg

Weapon(s): He uses a curved blade known as a Scimitar.
Special Race Power: None
Other: As warped as a flaming galah.
I like your character, and yes sand is a magical affinity, it is an elemet of nature after all lol.

Okay everyone I made @Squee my co-gm, so sometimes if I'm not on he will be in charge^^.

• Thank You
Reactions: Squee and Kagayours
Status
Not open for further replies.