How many main characters do you think a good RP should have?

• 1, main protagonist with other semi-main protagonists.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necropolis

Weeaboo Author with No Preferences or Opinions
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, magical, action, sci-fi, romance, modern, slice of life.
As a being of time travel, I am going to tell you a story about Earth about a hundred or so years ago. You might not believe, but it was very different back than it is now, and not in the way you'd expect. The world was filled to the brim with magic, and those who knew how to use it. It was only because of a strange accident involving a magic "bomb" that we have technology as advanced as we do, at the cost of real magic. In the days when your parents, grandparents, or great grandparents were still children, there was magic everywhere that was used to make everyone's lives easier. You could find golems working the fields, different races roaming the lands, and occasionally dragons flying overhead (though this was usually considered a bad omen.) The world even looked quite different, having only three major continents, to which I will describe later. On that note, I think it's time that I stop the rambling and start the organizing.

Important Features: One of the things to know for sure when going into this Earth is that there were certain things and people that were important to remember. I will be using the main Human capital, Dullain, as my main example, though this applies to almost all of the towns and capitals.
First off, you have to know your place in the world, as there is a ladder system in almost every aspect of this land. The first and lowest, is of course, the peasants. The peasants are the main soil of the cause, the roots of the tree that is society, but they are more poor and unrecognized than the other places of birth or earned rites. However, it should be know that if one purposely disrespects or harms a peasant, the man or woman will be punished, even if the punishment is mild.
The second "class" is the rewarded, or those who receive honor and glory for defending their hearth and home. Think of them as the military class, though the rewarded make their contributions by smithing, building, or even helping the lowly peasants.
The third is the nobility, the folk who are often rich and haughty and help the highest class deal with pleasantries and business. The nobility are usually found making purchases of expensive items and owning businesses that deliver to other parts of the world. Some, however, go on to be knights, generals, or other important people in a seat of power. In the places who do not have kings or queens, there is bureaucracy, and some nobility are elected to represent a village or city.
The fourth and last is royalty (of course,) who are just that, royalty! In the system, King reigns with an iron fist and decides who to declare war on or make alliances with, though the queen deals with the nobility and ensures a steady economy for her people. If the king dies, a son or other chosen will take his place as demi-king until he is proven worthy by the kingdom or he marries, and the same goes for if the queen dies, making the princess or other chosen to be the demi-queen until she is proven worthy by the kingdom or is married. However, the same goes for if the king or queen become to old to properly rule, meaning that they will decide when their children are ready to properly rule.

Factions: There are three main factions of the land, all of which are threatened by a fourth. The first is the Holy Alliance. The alliance consists of Humans, Dwarves, and rarely Elves. They maintain a semi-peace between themselves and the other two factions, a post modern USA if you will. They are also the main cause of expansion to new and unexplored lands, and there are still unexplored lands somehow. The Holy Alliance does not use magic, but rather "god given abilities" to purify and heal those in need.
The second is the Magic Enterprise, or ME if you will. Me consists mainly of elves and other intelligent magical beings, as well as automatons and living artifacts. ME mainly gathers powerful artifact and dangerous spells or runes, safeguarding them as best as they can. The ME relies heavily on magic spells and magical enhancements.
The third is the Anti-Magic League, which consist of people that not only dislike the idea that ME gathers and "safeguards" magic, but dislike magic in general. The members of the Anti-Magic League believe that magic throws off the balance of power, and the ME could use their "safeguarded" artifacts at any time. The Anti-Magic League find any way possible to abolish harmful magic, even attempting to harm members of the ME, thus the Holy Alliance keeping the peace between them. The Anti-Magic League uses steam-punk technology as their main resource, using natural technology rather than magic, and it also combats magic surprisingly well.
The fourth and newest league does not have an official name, only being referred to as "The Dark Lord's Army." The Dark Lord's Army, or just the Darkness, consists of both magical and natural things that are considered evil, like the Undead, Demons, and Orcs to name but a few. The Dark Lord himself is of an unknown humanoid race, though he is generally assumed to be human despite the fact that he speaks in all tongues (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Orc, Draconic, and Mechanic; and yes, mechanic is a language, because how else are intelligent machines supposed to communicate in private?) It is said that in his early days, the Dark Lord infiltrated the ME's main artifact storage and pilfered as many tomes, scrolls, and artifacts as he could with the help of a band of goblins and thieves. Despite the rumors, however, there is no doubt that the Dark Lord and his followers are pure evil, and he is the most powerful of all.

Setting/World Map: Unlike now, where we have seven continents, there were only three known continents, all named by the Dwarves; Garsnik, Farsnik, and Dalgotro. We know that there is at least one more continent, which is home to the Vikings, though they only appear in folklore and stories, as they have only come to the three known continents once or twice, and they were revered as almost godlike because of their prowess in battle for both their men and women, as well as being completely immune to magic.
Garsnik is the main Dwarvish homeland, and it is mostly made up of the Holy Alliance, though a good hundred mile strip of land is claimed by the Anti-Magic League.
Dalgotro is halfway made up of the ME, but the other half is the Anti-Magic League, while the Holy Alliance has outposts dotted throughout both territories in a vain attempt to keep the peace and remain neutral. However, there is a small chunk of land in the South of Dalgotro that the Darkness has consumed, which is slowly worming it's way throughout the land like a corrupt seed.
Farsnik is mostly desert, so a small portion to the Western side is completely owned by the ME, and it is believed that the Darkness began to come to life in the desert of Farsnik. Attempts to find where the Dark Lord's territory begins, however, have ended in utter failure, and you can't exactly go up to him and ask while expecting to leave, let alone live.

Plot: There are three main phenomenon occurring; one, the factions are beginning to tear each other apart and the Holy Alliance is beginning to call home their soldiers to organize a war on the Darkness, as they believe is their holy duty; two, The Dark Lord's Army is becoming increasingly aggressive, somehow simultaneously attacking all three factions without rhyme or reason, yet; three, Vikings, revered beings, are beginning to explore the lands once again, with a force large enough to wipe out all the factions, including the Dark Lord's army, though it's only a single army of 5,000 even.

Author Note: As this is just an interest check (I call them Check ins,) I will post the OOC if this gets some good replies, and I might attempt to get a picture of the continents and the world up, though I don't know how I'm going to get it from a paper to the computer while keeping it in good quality. ( :/ )
P.S. I'm not very good with tags, so if you know what I should put, please please PLEASE help me out by putting them in a comment or PM or SOMETHING, thanks! :)

Here's the Signups: BIO AND JUMPIN - The Magic Way: An EXTREMELY Different Earth
Also, here's the RP thread that I finished, just now: OPEN SIGNUPS - The Magic Way: An EXTREMELY Different Earth

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
Thanks to whoever edited the tags! \(º∪º)/

@Necropolis Probably you may have already informed about this, but there is a long list of all tags you can use in the FAQ section. Right here and here. I always use that for my rps.

While I love the idea and most definitely the world you have created, I don't know if I will be able to participate in this rp. I just wanted to step by and really compliment you on the real efficient way you set this up. Good luck further with it :P

@Necropolis Probably you may have already informed about this, but there is a long list of all tags you can use in the FAQ section. Right here and here. I always use that for my rps.
Thank you very much, I will DEFINITELY be saving these to my bookmarked pages!
While I love the idea and most definitely the world you have created, I don't know if I will be able to participate in this rp. I just wanted to step by and really compliment you on the real efficient way you set this up. Good luck further with it :P
Thank you so very much! Feel free to stop by though, because you're the only person that has shown interest so far.

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
I would like to express my interest here! Looks quite interesting.

I would like to express my interest here! Looks quite interesting.
Yay! That's very good, and since 2 people at least showed interest, I will start making the Sign-ups!

i apologize for not responding as soon as id have hoped, ive been busy with school grad stuff =3 but i am interested, so i will check out the signups whenever

For those who are still interested and those who look upon this thread, I have a bit of a sneak-peek from the past life of this story.

Jake (now Karmann) looks up at the Dark Lord with fire in his eyes as he struggles to release himself from the Darksteel bonds that hold him.
"It's no use little angel, that's Darksteel, completely indestructible in this or any other universe... but if you insist, so be it."
The Dark Lord extends his hand and the chains binding Jake loosen and are pulled back into holes in the floor. Jake stands and pulls his sword out of the ground, holding it at the ready. The Dark Lord simply chuckles at the notion.
"Even if by some miracle, you were able to defeat me, I'm afraid it's far too late for that. Behold! My child, my prodigy, my greatest creation. Even as a god among men, I wish for this child to become good, so I ask you to guide him. Behold, Tyrael, the son of I, Solomon, the Dark Lord."
A lever switches from somewhere and a ginormous pair of doors begin to open. Jake prepares himself, both mentally and physically, for the fight of his life, but he is caught completely off guard when the doors open to reveal a room.
"What father would not want the best for his son? Come, Tyrael, you have a visitor."
Jake takes a step or two back to keep standing. Tyrael is an angel, like him, but much more than just that. He has four wings instead of two, and instead of an angel's holy feathers, he has blades, as well as clothes; no, fur, made of blades as well.
"Tyrael could be a new breed, and I've already come up with a wondrous name for his race, if he has children. His will be the Arch-Angels, for their ability to make love AND war, in equal stride..."
Jake approaches Tyrael with wonder, but stops and looks up to the strangely acting Dark Lord, who nods his assent. Jake lifts Tyrael's hood and almost gasps in surprise at what he sees. Tyrael's eyes are almost a sky blue and there is a completely innocent smile upon his face. Tyrael blows a strand of blond hair out of his eyes as Solomon puts a hand on his head.
"He was a normal child, but he got into one of my many... devices, and this is what has become of him. He is completely unscathed other than that, but he is almost a man now... If he becomes one in my presence, my hand will be forced by one of my curses, and I will break him, and bend him to my will... I admit, the thought does excite me greatly, but not when it's my own kin. I give you this chance for a small truce, as my forces are beginning to dwindle. Raise him for me, so that in the unlikely event that me and my army ARE defeated, he will have nothing holding him back... So, what say you angel? If not as a favor to me, then to smite me by making my son hate me..."
Jake has to make a double take, looking back and forth between Solomon and Tyrael.
"As an angel, I cannot refuse innocence... You knew that all along though, didn't you? That's why you brought me here instead of Jacob or Angela, they couldn't care less. You knew that I couldn't refuse though, so why ask?"
"For assurance, little angel, for assurance... Well, I can't let you father my son without knowing your name. What be it, boy?"
"...My name is Jake, Avenger of High-Priest Anthony. Your men killed him, and I will be the one to kill you for that."
Solomon chuckles, but it turns into a full-blown laugh, full of bitterness and hatred from hundreds of years.
"Mithron-güul, I had almost forgotten about that. Yes, he was going to be a problem if I was going to build my army, so he had to be eliminated... Enough of past though, Jake, we must look to the future if we are to continue in this life."
Solomon motions to Tyrael to remind Jake of why he still lives.
"Now once you step foot outside of this fortress, he will gain a mind of his own, his own being. It will confuse him at first, so you must help him. Now go, I will call the retreat into my fortress so as to not kill your men, and anyone who is not of my army shall be teleported back to the entrance of my citadel."
Jake nods grabs Tyrael, being careful for the blades and he carries the 9 year old to the door. Just as he is about to walk through, Soloman calls out to him.
"Oh, and Jake, I forgot to mention something."
Solomon melts into the darkness, re-materializing to lean over Jake a knife's length away from him.
"If any sort of harm comes, to my son, I will find you, and begin to slice thin strips of your flesh from your bones, keeping you alive and screaming the entire time..."

Last edited:
Definitely throwing my interest in here.
Appreciate it, can't wait. Of course, the Sugn-ups are in the first post at the bottom (or top.)

Last edited:
SOooo... No one's going to... you know, sign up?...

Well, I'm new and need to really read the lore deeply, but I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.