Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
late. [well... most of my partners seem to think so anyways] ... it varys, best to just check with me ^_^
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Slice of Life is my favorites, but I also love fandom based* and country based rps. I'm open to trying most things, but there are a couple that I won't do.

*I'm not interested in fandoms I don't know and I am not interested in playing canon characters. I only play OCs.
[bg=#358c8c]

main.jpg

• Some say that love takes many forms, infinite forms.
    Some say true love can't be helped.
    Some say anything can happen in the blink of an eye.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Love has no boundaries.

Others however, they are not so caught up in everything.
    How can one claim love in mere moments.
    Judgements and pasts play too big a role.
    Destiny and fate are only for the desperate.

There is one thing though that seems always to be agreed upon: Love is magical.

Welcome to Dewhurst, a place just as ordinary and extraordinary as any other.

This is your typical 'run of the mill' romance rp, but with a light fantasy twist attached. Have Fun!
    • Since I couldn't figure out where to put this, and I didn't want to cause confusion later on, this is a modern-day rp.

Dewhurst, an average-sized hamlet in the country of Soliux, a rather small and peaceful country in the world of Ignacium. There are two additional hamlets [Lerwick & Bexley], one city [Wallowdale] and one township [Bellmare] within the borders of Soliux. Soliux resembles the typical cultures of the Mediterranean [primarily those within the likes of Greece, Southern Italy and Spain] with the accents placed somewhere between that of an Australian and a Scot.

There are seven other countries within Ignacium, most of which are peaceful towards Soliux.

The country of Draycott is the biggest ally to Soliux. It is nearly triple the size of Soliux. Draycott resembles many of the cultures of northern Asia [primarily Mongolia] with an accent that slightly resembles that of the Nigerian people.

Lucidum, Parynth and Dragoven are Soliux's other allies. Lucidum is only slightly smaller than Draycott. Parynth is a very long and narrow country that is roughly the same size as Soliux. Dragoven is the second largest country, being about an eighth smaller than Eastbourne. Lucidum and Parynth have very similar cultures that resemble that of Central Europe [primarily Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary]. Lucidumiese typically have accents similar to the Icelandic while the Parynths typically have a more Russian accent. Dragoven culture is heavily representative of the South American culture [primarily Chile, Argentina and Peru]. They have accents that one would typically find in Southern Asia [a mix between Vietnamese, Malaysian & Filipino].

The country of Eastbourne is it's biggest rival. Eastbourne is the largest country in Ignacium, roughly one and a half times the size of Draycott. Being so large, Eastbourne has a few sectors of culture within its borders. The middle, from east to west, is primarily cultured in a way that resembles northern Europe [Norway & Sweden]. The north more-or-less resembles the cultures of more arid areas [mainly Egypt]. The south, being exceptionally cold, has a culture representative of the north-most regions of North America [Alaska, Nunavut, Yukon]. Though there is a diversity of culture, the accent is mostly the same throughout with only the slightest of differences. The accent resembles that of a mix between a southern drawl and a Hawaiian accent.

Lux and Ravenbir are Soliux's other two rivals. Ravenbir is the smallest country, standing at almost three-quarters the size of Soliux. Lux is an average sized country, roughly double the size of Soliux. Ravenbir has a culture highly representative of east Asia [Japan]. Ravenbirean have accents similar to that of the Cagney English variety. Lux has a culture representative of east Europe [Russia] and an accent somewhere between Cuban and Dominican.

Everyone speaks the same language, Ignacio [English], [to keep it simple] … foreigners are noted by accent [accent is essentially language].

The residents names ;; Place – Name
      Soliux – Soliis
      Draycott – Drays
      Lucidum – Lucidumiese
      Parynth – Parynths
      Dragoven – Dragovenians
      Eastbourne – Eastlies
      Lux – Luxians
      Ravenbir – Ravenbirean
    • Map.png

Dewhurst Hamlet Center ;; This is the center of town where the majority of the shops and activity is. The royals live in the mansion on Derway Dr. Several of the other town members also live here.

Dewhurst Outer Grounds ;; These are popular recreation grounds. Because of the mud and overall swampiness throughout much of it the annual summer festival is held here where all sorts of rough and messy activities are held. No one lives here.

Sightline Range ;; A popular camping and winter destinational area. There are a few members of the hamlet that live in the mountains, mainly Werewolves and Vampires.

River of Truth & Eurt Erised Lagoon ;; This connected body of water is completely respected, awed, sacred and feared all at once. The water is one of the most powerful. It naturally glows vibrant colors yet reflects even the tiniest glints in one's eye. Many are too afraid to look directly into the lagoon, fearing the truth and their true desires.

Squall's End Beach ;; Your typical beach, surrounded by the River of Truth to the north and west, Eurt Erised Lagoon to the northeast, and the Ignacium Sea to the south, many merpeople live here as it is so close to the sea. It is a popular destination year-round for it's sights, but especially in the summer.

Ynitsed Fields ;; The fields are a popular camping place. A lot of couples meet here and spend a lot of time here. Something about your destiny just seems so clear here. There are a sparse few who live out here, but it's rare.

Squabbler's River ;; Not the nicest river or area, but still pretty. It has a lot of heavy rapids year-round, and is heart-stoppingly deep in many areas. For a long time it was known as Doom Depths … but for nearly sixty years now it has been known as Squabbler's River … a name that fits well seeing all of the fights that have taken place here. Though fairly unpopulated, a few fae and merpeople live around the area.

Forest of Xynnar ;; This is the most dangerous and unprotected place in all of Soliux. The forest seems always to be changing [though it isn't really … unless a planetary elemental was messing with it]. The forest is so thick that it becomes pitch black very early in the day, and bitter cold at night. No one, in their right mind would live their, and no one in their right mind goes in alone or stays after nightfall.
  • These are the species that occupy all of Ignacium. Each of them can be found in every country. There are members of the community that are mixed, but each member has one species that overtakes the other (ie ;; if mom is a human and dad is a shapeshifter and they have two kids, one could possess the ability to shapeshift while the other is born as human, or they could both be shifters or both be humans. You don't get both abilities …. another example would be something like dad is a vampire/elemental who takes after the elemental side and mom is a mermaid. The kid/s would be vampire/elemental/merpeople, but they would still only take one of the species primarily … anything they are part of can be the dominant species).

Each species has their own strengths [and/or powers] and weaknesses. No one is invincible or immortal [contrary to what a lot of fantasy stories decide... this needs to keep some aspect of realism].

Vampires ;; In addition to shifting into a bat, light sensitivity and needing a certain amount and type of blood to survive [both of those differ based on each vamp], vampires have up to three powers [choose from this please => Supernatural Powers and Abilities ... the only things from that list I won't allow are Omnipotence/Omniscience, Permanent Power Absorption and Shapeshifting].

Merpeople ;; Typically they live near a body of water (any form that is swimmable will do). Merfolk have the ability to transform their legs into a tail, breathe, communicate and travel with ease underwater [they can breathe in or out of water]. Each merperson has the ability to keep non-merpeople alive underwater, or, try to lead them to their doom … though it is highly discouraged to do that. Every merperson also receives an object/accessory to keep with them at all times when they are born/show signs of being a merperson. The accessory is usually small and is what allows them to turn human and live out of the water. Without it they are forced to stay in the water to avoid drying out and the inability to move.

Werewolves ;; A fairly simple species in certain terms, and a very intricate one in others. Werewolves can shift from human to wolf to humanoid-wolf hybrid if things go awry. Werewolves are like any normal human most of the time, until they turn. As young'uns they sometimes turn without being able to help themselves, and during full moons and new moons they almost all turn … unless they have managed to acquire the rare amulet or potions. Most in the wolf and hybrid form are completely sane, they do possess greater speed, agility and strength in their forms however, and without the proper training their emotions can take over easier in the shifted stage.

Fae ;; Fairy [or Fae] are quite vast. Like many species they have a human and a semi-human appearance [semi-human being human-sized but with wings and/or pointed ears if they have them] in addition to the typical fairy appearance [tiny in size, some having wings and/or pointed ears]. Often times Fae live in enormous places on the outside, only to find a small, birdhouse-sized building perched somewhere inside, that being the place they truly live. All fae with wings can fly and/or hover, depending on the wing strength, size and weight. All fae also have up to three abilities [choose from this please => Faery Physiology ... Everything on that list is fair game except for Supernatural Condition, Immortality/Semi-Immortality, Omni-Shifting, Quintessence Force and Shapeshifting ... I won't allow those.]

Humans ;; Humans are a rather simple species in terms of the fantastical. They have no powers or otherworldly abilities, but they are efficient enough to survive alongside everyone else with relative ease.

Shapeshifters ;; Much like the human, shapeshifters don't have any fantastical powers besides being able to change into another form. Most shifters are only able to handle two or three forms besides the human form, however there are a small number who can generally handle up to seven.

Witches/Wizards ;; Humans who possess magic, and if trained, the ability to fly using a broom or a domesticated animal such as a pegasus or hippogriff. Dragons are exceptionally, exceptionally rare to fly on and are never tamed, not fully... they are also beyond rare to find in Ignacium and therefore are not allowed to be kept by planetary law [perhaps the one thing all of the countries agree on]. All Wizards and Witches are initially trained with a wand, but it is not uncommon for them to do magic 'by hand' as well. They are also the only species proficient enough in different magic forms to make potions … though the strongest potion makers are rare to come by.

Elementals ;; Air, Wind, Fire, Water, Light, Darkness & Planetary [AKA ground/earth]. Each elemental has the ability to control portions of one of seven sectors. They are powerless with the other six. As they train and age they tend to harness their sector more, allowing growth and ease of their power.
  • RP Rules
    1. If you have a question, Ask!!! I promise I don't bite <3
    2. No Godmodding or Powerplaying. Every character has their flaws. As a side note ;; Please build relationships of all kinds, not just romance! It makes the characters more believable.
    3. Please use proper spelling, grammar, and try to put some content into your posts. I shouldn't see any one-liners. Indulge in detail! (in other words, please try to write at least a small paragraph per character)
    4. Please use fade-to-blacks and timeskips as necessary. We don't need to know the details on your characters overly intimate moments, mentioning and acknowledging something is fine, but stay away from explicits.
    5. You cannot be your own love interest... sorry.
    6. There is no character limit, just keep them all active. Please put your character's favorite color somewhere in the form.
    7. Your characters need to be accepted before you can RP.
    8. Have Fun! If you don't have fun then there's no point to RP!

Myself, [COLOR=#450f0f]@~Dark Disney~[/COLOR] and [COLOR=#450f0f]@Mundane Monster[/COLOR] will be watching you all! Ask us questions if you have any!
  • **Please Note ;; You may add and format this any way you like, but follow these guidelines. Unless it states that something is optional or only needed for a certain species, it needs to be included**

IMAGE [Pictures are expected to be real, no anime/cartoons/digital art. You may use digital art in links or spoilers as non-main pictures [i.e. for tails or wings], but they should still look mostly realistic [so still no anime/cartoons] (these are just reference after all … use the description to clarify little things).

Full Name [I don't care where your characters from, for display reasons it should be; first [middle] last]
    Nicknames
    Age & Birthday [17+ ... use human-aged years based on appearance. a 622 year old would look like a pile of dust in the real world ... besides, all characters are mortal ... thus they wouldn't live an unrealistic length XD]
    Gender & Sexuality [please just use male or female for gender...]
    Address [where are they from in Dewhurst. They can have originated from one of the other countries, towns, etc.. first, but as of the present they all live in Dewhurst]
    Species [if a mix, please specify which is the dominant species]
    Physical Description [at a minimum include height, weight, eye color and hair color]
    Personality [5+ traits]
    Powers [only if it applies to your dominant species ;; humans, Witches/Wizards & Werewolves can skip this ;; Mermpeople should use this to explain their accessory]
    Relationships [please specify]
    Family
    Other [anything else you may want to include, ie; faceclaims, a passcode of sorts, etc]
[/bg]​

thank you! ... sorry about that >.> I was trying to get to you before you had made them lol [and I failed obvs]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Felilla
@~Happily.Ever.After~ Nope. You can decide. I know you wantedcrush for Melody, so we'll go with that for them.

Maybe fairly newly dating for Harry and foster and either crushes or engaged for nessa and poppy.

I would prefer zeke and Romeo to not be engaged/married yet, but it's you're choice as far as dating or crushing :)

@~Happily.Ever.After~ Foster and Harry: Sounds good!
Poppy and Nessa: Engaged?
Zeke and Emerald: Dating? One year sound good?
Romeo and Lydia: Hardcore Crushing/Borderline Dating?

They work for me :)

Okay so I caved and made a new boy Parker, who is kinda my pride and joy
If ya need a significant other for him I can always make one unless someone else has an open character. :)

Lucien and Mina dating two years, he has a ring and plans to propose.
Clarissa and Baxter dating one year, she hopes he proposes soon but it would be drama if he broke up with her.
Camus and Victor dating three months.
Eloise and Vincent crushing/board line dating but no one has asked yet.
Elizabeth and Amour dating for around a year and she's going to throw a fit if he doesn't propose soon.
Win > Vega > Jazz.

Sound good?

I'm hoping we can get this started sometime between the twelfth and the nineteenth!

Sorry I haven't been getting alerts for this, but I believe most of my characters have relationships and the few that don't, I didn't want them to have relationships at all so cools. :D

@Violet would you prefer a boy or girl for Parker? I will gladly add someone for him ^_^

@Violet Esmeralda is for Parker

@~Dark Disney~ you know who yours are XD

I'll have all my characters finished this weekend ^_^

I can make more characters if someone needs a relationship also! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.