The Magic Club

• Thread starter phantasmagoricStoner
  • Start date
Amalia tilted her head to the side as Sophie said she reminded her of her sister. Was that a bad thing? She hoped not, she didn't want to cause any kind of trouble for her just because she looked similar to her sister. Her expression immediately brightened up as Sophie showed her the Magic Club letter. "Oh! You got a letter?" Amalia stared at the letter in awe, technically this was the first time since her first year that she ever saw the Magic Club letter to join in someone else's hands since she joined. She gestured for Sophie to follow her as she started walking back to the front entrance of the school. "I apologize if it's difficult to find the Magic Club room, I suggested on having signs up but... That would be embracing social suicide huh...? Or... Maybe we can leave a trail of burned flying mint bunnies up to the room! We should definitely do that next year... I'll suggest that..." She closed her umbrella as the two walked into the school's building, there was no point in having it up anymore since she was inside. "Anyway! What kind of magic do you use? Is it only wind?" She asked quietly as there still seemed to be students loitered about in the hallways.

Glad that Mr. K was onboard now, she got even more ecstatic as she clapped her hands together. "This is so exciting! I haven't been camping in ages." Aya smiled at the prospect of being able to get away from the school for a bit. She turned toward Mel and spoke, "We do small trips, work on spells, and generally help each other grow as magic users. . . . You know, you can sit a little closer, I promise we wont bite." Aya chuckled. She really wished that the girl would give it more of a chance, but she didn't want to push the issue and scare her away. So instead she simply smiled and tried her best to be welcoming.

Thinking about the trip, she smiled at Nikolai, "Are you going to be able to be calm enough?" The thought of Nikolai being calm and quiet made her giggle outright. She had noticed Alexei specifically giving Nikolai looks throughout this little meeting, she figured she might as well bring it up. She had faith he could pull himself together when the time came, but she was interested in his answer.

Sophie giggled at Amalia's burnt bunny suggestion. "Not too fond of the bunnies are you?" she teased. Sophie followed Amalia through the school grounds as the girl led her to the club room. She was glad this girl was friendly enough to help guide her, or else she would never have had a chance to find the club room. The other members are hopefully as friendly as her.

"Anyway! What kind of magic do you use? Is it only wind?

"Any kind of magic!" she replied, keeping her voice low around the other students. She began counting off her fingers the different kinds of magic she uses. "Charms, hexes, summoning, elemental, illusionary, you name it! I mostly use wind magic whenever I'm in a magic duel or fight." Sophie clutched her hands behind her back as they walked up a large staircase. "Judging from your burnt bunny comment, I'm going to assume your favorite magic is fire magic, right?" Sophie giggled again. Same kind of magic my sister uses too.

They arrived at the end of the staircase and down the hall, Sophie could see signs pointing to a pair of large double doors to which she assumed the school bell was behind. To their right was the door mentioned in the letter, Room #981. She could already hear voices inside and it sounded like there was a lot of people already. Sophie glanced at Amalia for a second, butterflies in her stomach before turning back to the door and knocking three times.

Aki smiled fondly at the members of the club, including the new member(s), as he thought of what he could do for the trip. Shaking his head, he took another sip of his tea and hummed in amusement at Aya's excitement. Placing the cup back on the table, he suddenly stood and walked towards the door. "Our new member has arrived!" he stated, just as there was a knock on the door.

Opening the door, he greeted the new member and Amalia. "Good morning, hope you found the place all right!" he stated, adding, "Though with Amalia's help. Hello, Amalia." he said as he let them in.

"Amalia~~ You're finally here! Thought you'd never show up!" Nikolai said excitedly, his arms wide open as if to say 'Welcome'. He glanced to the side of her, seeing another girl, whom he recognized as Sophie Hayes. He grinned at her, "And, you must be Sophie Hayes, right?"

With that, he bowed slightly, in a butler manner, "Welcome to the Magic Club," he added, "Please take a seat. We've just started our meeting! There's cakes and tea!" He motioned towards Alexei who was pouring tea into their teacups. The latter merely nodded at them. Nikolai glanced back to Aya, replying her, "Of course I'll be calm! I'm not a five year old, ya' know~" He grinned, his right fanged teeth showing slightly.

Alexei begged to differ but chose to keep his comments to himself as he took a seat. As soon as everyone settled down, Nikolai cleared his throat, trying to get their attention. "The first Magic Club meeting of the year has officially begun!" he glanced at every single face in the room, "And to our new members, the current members welcome you, and we assure you, you'll have a splendid time while you're with us!"

"First, I'll introduce you to the leaders of this club!"
Nikolai raised his voice in an authoritative manner, "I am Nikolai Vargas, the Chairman and Founder of the Magic Club." he pointed to himself then to Aya, "That is our Vice-Chairman, Ayaka Yuurei.". Then, he pointed to Alexei, "He is Alexei Lukov, treasurer and co-founder of the Magic Club. Lastly," he pointed to Mr K, "That is Mr K, our teacher-in charge!"

Nikolai clapped his hands together, "Now that our introductions are done. Let's have our new members introduce themselves before we move on with our meeting?"

Mel ground her teeth together viciously. She hated having to do introductions, mainly because every time they happened she was almost always zoned out, and every experience ended with her being yelled at by the teacher. Still, she was paying attention now and it wasn't as though she could just duck her head and say nothing.

Giving an unenthusiastic wave, she lifted her chin from where it rested on her knees for just a moment, "...Melanie." She mumbled, and proceeded to resume her former position. She felt a gentle poke in her side, and turned to see her grandmother who had suddenly decided to float up through the floor.

"Mel at least try to be friendly! Make an effort, please." She chastised and disappeared to wherever she had gone the first time. Mel glowered at her shoes, a bit annoyed that her grandmother had stuck around and had been watching her instead of doing whatever it was that she did in her spare time. However...She was right in a way and Mel instantly felt bad. She hadn't been trying to get along with these people at all. She had decided not to give them a chance before she had met them, and that was wrong.

With a sigh and a grunt, Mel let her feet slide off of the chair and onto the floor, and scooted forward on her chair so that she was sitting at a reasonably acceptable distance from the table.

"I'm Melanie Dumnonos, but everyone calls me, Mel. You can do that to if you want, I guess...Whatever." She muttered, trailing off at the end of her lame introduction.

Amalia shook her head to Sophie's question. "I like bunnies. They're so cute, lovable, and friendly. Flying mint bunnies on the other hand... Well, they can go to hell for all I care, dunno why they have to mess with me, their little spawns of the devil himself." She looked over at Sophie as she answered her question about the type of magic she used and her eyes widened in surprise as she listed them off.

"Charms, hexes, summoning, elemental, illusionary, you name it! I mostly use wind magic whenever I'm in a magic duel or fight."

"Oh wow... I can't even do half that stuff that you mentioned... Well, you listed off five so probably two in a half...?" She laughed at what she had said and looked around at their surrounding, noticing that they were getting closer to the Magic Club Room. "Yeah I love fire magic, it's way easier for me to use then all the other Elementals out there." The two finally arrived in front of the Magic Room's door, smiling encouragingly at Sophie and spoke up again. "It's not bad at all, trust me." Amalia looked up at Mr. K as he opened up the door and nodded to him in greeting. "Good day, Mr. K." She said as she walked into the Magic Club's room, alongside with Sophie. She would never get tired of just walking into the room, the atmosphere always relaxed her in some way that she couldn't quite explain. She greeted Nikolai as he acknowledged both her and Sophie's presence and smiled. "Sorry, I got caught up with the flying mint devils outside, had to show them who was boss." She laughed silently at the joke, which only herself and Sophie would understand. She looked over at Aya and Alexei and waved at the two as she took her seat at the large table. She eyed the cake and the tea that was set out in front of her, but she wasn't going to be rude and inconsiderate by eating them during the meeting, so she waited.

She listened to Nikolai introduce the other members of the club that she already knew when another girl she didn't recognize spoke up to introduce herself from a little aways from the table, before moving up and joining the rest of the group. Oh my goodness I barely noticed her... She thought as she realized it was her turn to introduce herself. "I'm Amalia Cadwell, regular member, doesn't possess a fancy, pancy title." She joked while grinning.

Aya smiled when she was introduced, "If you ever need anything, just ask." She nodded at everyone, grinning when she realized that Mel had started to participate. "Sophie, Amalia, we were just planning a small trip for the club this weekend." Aya had begun filling the two girls in on what was going on before speaking to the entire club, "I think it would be a good experience for Mel and Sophie, so that they can get to know us all a little better and see how we run things here."

Deciding it was best to venture into some of the clubs ins and outs, she sat up straighter and continued, "For our new members, you can come to the club room whenever you like to work on spells or to simply hang out with us as long as you aren't skipping classes and neglecting your studies." Aya was sure to make eye contact with everyone as she said that last part. "Also if you need help with school work, I don't mind helping you at all so please do your best." She stood, giving a bright smile and a wink to the club, before picking up dirty plates and cups from the table to take to the sink. Since Alexei always made sweets, she felt it only fair to clean up the dishes afterward. "Anything to add?" She looked to Nikolai, Alexei and Mr. K.

Sophie had barely finished her third knock when the door was opened by a man with shockingly red hair.

"Good morning, hope you found the place all right!" he said as he ushered Sophie and Amalia in.

The club room looked like an average class room except many of the desks and chairs were stacked and pushed off to the side. There was a couch, a table with cakes and tea on it, and another table with a large crystal ball. One of them uses Divination! she thought excitedly. There were also shelves of books around the room. Sophie had read her family's entire library, and while the club library was so miniscule in comparison, Sophie could already see the volumes she had never seen, books she had never read. She could imagine spending hours in here, cracking open one of those books and reading about the different subjects of magic unknown to her, immersing herself in new discoveries and adding them to her Big Book; Sophie swooned at the thought.

Before she could fall over, she heard the older boy with dark hair say something that caught her attention. Vargas? Lukov? Those names sounded very familiar but she couldn't remember where she heard them.

"Oh! My name's Sophie Hayes, although it seems you already knew," she said when it was her turn to introduce herself.

"Sophie, Amalia, we were just planning a small trip for the club this weekend. I think it would be a good experience for Mel and Sophie, so that they can get to know us all a little better and see how we run things here."

"Where to?" she asked as Aya put away dishes.

Last edited:
Aki simply bowed his head when introduced by Nikolai. He simply listened as the children spoke up one by one. Nodding his head once or twice in either approval or amusement. Aki observed his two new saplings, trying to decipher what, how and until where he could improve their abilities. Hopefully, better than he does seeing as they have probably one or two while he has a whole lot more that should have probably killed him by now.

As Aya looked over to him and the two other boys, it snapped him out of his thoughts and Aki took the opportunity to open his mouth to speak. "If the new members would ever be so kindly to introduce the abilities they have as well," he smiled kindly to the new members, "I would be interested in discovering how I can help you in any way possible." Aki finished, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. Then, rested his hand under his chin with the other crossing his chest.

"Cool!" Nikolai clapped his hands together, "Now that introductions are over, we shall begin!~"

He wrote down the location of their outing and so on before explaining. He smiled happily as he explained, "Next Friday, we shall have a club bonding excursion to the forest that's behind the school. Oh, before I forget, we'll be camping there for the night as well. Don't worry about the tent, Alexei will conjure that up for us~"

Alexei gave Nikolai an irritated side glance, furrowing his eyebrows. Nikolai continued as he paced in front of them, "I heard that there are magical creatures in there, such as Dryads and Satyrs. If I'm not wrong, there might be a few Elves and if we're lucky, we might meet Centaurs!!"

Alexei coughed slightly, getting everyone's attention onto him, "So, what's the plan?"

"I'm getting to it!" Nikolai added, "Next week once school ends on Friday, we'll meet in the club room at 4 pm, since the 3rd years finishes at 3 pm. Once everybody has arrived, we'll make our way to the forest. Once in there, we'll set up camp. Around 9pm, we'll go searching for the creatures! While waiting, we'll bond or something."

"Oh, a side note, there will be adult supervision~ Mr K has to come whether he likes it or not. We'll be back in school around Saturday afternoon." Nikolai smiled slyly. Nikolai looked around the room, he smiled slightly, "Any questions?"

Sophie listened to everything the club leaders had to say. A field trip to a forbidden forest? Sounds exciting! It would be a perfect opportunity to do some research too. Her magical creatures section of the Big Book was severely lacking anyways. The only magical creatures back home were the flying mint bunnies and she had observed them loads of times. She had at least seven pages dedicated to them. This trip would allow her the opportunity to write about the other creatures Nikolai mentioned, maybe she could take moving pictures of them and possibly talk to them too.

She grinned at the small banter between Nikolai and Alexei. The two older boys contrasted greatly with each other. Alexei was trim, proper and looked more studious compared to the rebellious image of Nikolai. Although she wasn't so sure about Alexei's hair. It was a silvery white. Sophie wondered if it was dyed like her brother's.

He could look a bit like her brother too, minus the glasses and maybe if he mussed up his look a little. Sophie giggled. So many people here looked like her siblings. There was her roommate and Amalia who looked like her sisters, and Alexei who resembled her brother too. It was almost as if they had come to this school too. It was startling, but it didn't make her as homesick as she thought, and so far everyone's been nice so everything won't be bad right?

"Any questions?"

Sophie's hand shot up. "Can I bring a camera with me? I want to get some pictures of the creatures. Also, do we have a plan in case we get lost or something happens to one of us?"