The Mage War

Based off of that starter what would you rate my writing?

• lower then Elementary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elemantary

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Intermediate

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Adept

• Advanced

• higher then Advanced

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ozouko

Original poster
Caloop was in purgatory. Stuck between the human world and the demon realm. He was sent there by the kind of all demons for in his eyes "misbehaving". All he wanted to do was try on the crown! He wasn't going to keep it. It was extremely dull living in purgatory. Nothing to do and no one to talk to. He had heard stories about this place but never thought he would be put into it. The stories said it made demon go crazy and lose their minds but he wasn't feeling any of those affects yet. Although there is no way to tell time in purgatory so he could have only been in here for a day or two or a month. He then noticed a white circle appear around his waist. Just as he started to really look at it everything changed. He couldn't see anything everything was black he spun frantically trying to get some type of baring, was this what caused demons to go crazy. Is this how it happened sane one moment and then completely crazy the next? And that is when he saw it, a faint blue glow. The glow represented the magic of a human the stronger the glow the stronger the magician. He switched his vision through the different plains until he found one where things seemed to make sense. The air was thick and with black smoke, and the smelled of burned herbs and chard wood filled his nose. He took a step forward and felt his foot fall upon something cold. He knelt down and picked up what seemed to be a metal bracelet.

That paragraph is that starter to a new role play that I have in mind. Quick summary of the general direction i want to role play to go on is that your character has just summoned my character, Caloop, into the human world. By doing this they have knowingly or unknowingly entered themselves into a war. This war consists of other mages/conjurers that have also summoned a demon into the human world. Winning this war you are granted the rank of the cardinal mage. This is the highest standing of mage. With this title comes the power of ruling over all mages. They can create erase laws as they see fit.

Hmmm...

Well, are there any specifics or limitations to the magic used in this RP?

I intend to use a character that utilises transformations.

Well, is this Modern-day or Ancient times? I have a plan for 'Modern Day Magicians never leaves home without her gadgets'. You know, Magic Motorcycle, Magic Gun...

Were these transformations things like changing into anything the character wants? So more like a shape shifter? And if so does the character get the ablities of what ever it changes into? Or has set transformations? Such as like transforming into any animal but nothing mythical, or mythical but no animals. As long as there are at least some limitations to the transformation I wouldn't have a problem with it. In my personal opinion shapeshifters that get the abilites of anything they turn into are extremely over powered and make for a bland roleplay. Just let me know what you were thinking and it will probably be fine!

As for the time period it doesn't really matter, so if you were thinking magical modern I'm totally comfortable whit that.

Were these transformations things like changing into anything the character wants? So more like a shape shifter? And if so does the character get the ablities of what ever it changes into? Or has set transformations? Such as like transforming into any animal but nothing mythical, or mythical but no animals. As long as there are at least some limitations to the transformation I wouldn't have a problem with it. In my personal opinion shapeshifters that get the abilites of anything they turn into are extremely over powered and make for a bland roleplay. Just let me know what you were thinking and it will probably be fine!

As for the time period it doesn't really matter, so if you were thinking magical modern I'm totally comfortable whit that.

Well, she is a regular human witch who uses odd crystals and a special magic-ancienttech hybrid device to transform into various mythical beings. Her other gadgets like her Magnum, Motorbike and maybe her Zweihander Cane use these crystals to some extent.

I'm starting her off with seven, maybe eight with the last form being too dangerous to use.. She can seal other mythical beasts to gain more forms, but these forms might be lost over the RP, and so might her current 8 forms if they are used excessively for transformations.

Everything sounds great! You aren't over powered at all and then setting will be interesting! If you would like to start I'm ready.

Hmmm...

We aren't waiting for other participants?

If you want a one-on-one RP that's OK though...

This was originally a one x one post so that's what I was expecting, however it got moved to the interest check. I have never done this idea as a group roleplay so it never occurred to me to have more then just us. However thinking about it now it would probably be better if there were other people. That way they could be the other participants in the war and allow us to focus on our characters. As well, the other characters would be able to fight amongst themselves, resulting in it being much more war-like. Would that interest you at all?

Yes, yes it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.