The Mage and the Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danger

Original poster
[fieldbox=Cordelia Sinclair, #8ae261, solid]
I wish Julian was here right now.
Cordelia sat huddled against a wall, hugging her knees as she tried not to cry. It had only been a day, yet she was cold and hungry and just wanted to go home. The room was white, bright lights revealing every shadow. She had been forced to change into a hospital gown, before being shoved inside. There was a small bed in the corner, but otherwise bare. The dancer sat dejectedly on the bed, staring at her hands.

Thinking back to two days ago, she tried to figure out what went wrong. Cordelia sighed to herself. She had been careless. Magic was extremely uncommon as of late, and everyone was trying to get a user for themselves. Cordelia's power was more noticeable than her twin's, and she had been far too open with it. Some extremists had caught word, and she had been kidnapped just after one of her performances. She was certain that her twin, Julian, was missing her.

Her power to control air was somewhat common amongst actual magic users, as it was an element, but magic was so incredibly rare that anyone would kill for one on their side. Despite being particularly easy to kill and all. She wasn't even that powerful. But now she was stuck in this room, alone, and with no idea of what they were going to do with her. Cordelia tried to hold back tears as the dread began to seep in.
[/fieldbox]

Riding in the helicopter Volker was debriefed on his mission by his contact "You're to capture and bring back a possible mage that had been taken by an extremist organisation dead or alive and at any means necessary, except they want it quiet so try to keep the gun fights to a minimum, they don't need the local authorities getting involved.". Volker morde replies with a simple "Right, quiet...". Volker got dropped off just out of sight from the building which his contact told him should contain the mage.

Walking up the the building Volker gazed up at it noting several lookouts that he would have to avoid or eliminate, a thought crossed his mind as he made his way from cover to cover to avoid their sights "Better not be another damned kid and if it is please don't let it end up like the last time". As he made his way closer to the building Volker spotted a soldier that was in the way, guarding a rear entrance to the building. Volker grabed a small stone and chucks it at the soldier to get his attention "Oi! Who was that!?" the soldier said, Volker swore under his breath and thought "A younger fellow, barely old enough to drink, Damn it why does this have to happen...". As the guard approached to investigate what had thrown the small pebble at him Volker grabbed his leg and pulled it out from under him, the force of the fall knocked the wind out of him preventing him from yelling out to alert the rest of the guards, in one swift motion Volker drove his mace, Riss, into the young boys skull. Dead, all it took to end the young soldiers life was one precise blow to the head. He dragged the body away and hid it behind where he was hiding, it wouldn't remain hidden for long but it would have to do, Volker took one last look down at the dead boys face, completely unrecognisable now that it had kissed his mace "The poor soul would have to have a closed casket funeral and at such a young age..." He thought to himself, "It's just part of the job, wrong place wrong time." Volker reassured himself.

He made his way inside avoiding two guards that had been distracted talking about the latest expansion of a hit video game, unfortunately his luck didn't manage to hold up as the flight of stairs leading to the next floor was guarded by two soldiers that were keeping a vigilant watch. With expert precision he threw his mace at one guard hitting him clean in the face and the other soldier was caught off guard by his compatriot suddenly getting taken out by a flying mace and before he could realise what was happening Volker leaped at him knocked him down then snapped his neck. Volker then dragged their bodies under the stairs noting that the one that had been hit in the head by the thrown mace was still breathing, uneven, but still breathing, "So you survived huh? I would kill you but you'll probably die anyway to the head trauma...". Volker than made his way up the stairs narrowly avoiding the watchful gaze of a guard who came to investigate the noise, he wiped sweat from his brow and thought "This is tough, how important is this mage..." .

Volker Morde turned the corner and walked into a the room which he believed he would find the mage and just as he suspected there it was, a thin girl not someone that belonged on a battlefield, "Would it be easier to just kill the poor thing, it would save her a life filled with anguish and pain, all because she was cursed with her gift." Volker thought to himself as he walked towards her sheathing his mace on his belt and said "So, your the mage that I have heard so much about, here is your options kid, either you come with me and you get to live or be subject to whatever horrors these men would put you through, your call but if I were you I would go the former of the two options."

The sound of crashing could be heard from outside her cell. Cordelia looked up, curious as to what was going on and yet afraid that it meant they would start doing things to her. She stood from the bed, backing away into the corner of her cell as the sound of footsteps began to reach her. Soon enough, the door opened and her eyes went wide at the sight before her. Out of everything, this person was the last she expected to see.

And the last thing she wanted to hear. Either option didn't sound good, yet in her current position she couldn't be picky. "Will you hurt me?" She asked quietly, keeping her eyes down and trying not to focus on what would happen if he said yes. Cordelia only wanted to leave this place and never return, but it seemed highly unlikely in this situation.
[/fieldbox]

Volker took sympathy on the young mage, it wasn't her fault that she was born with this curse and he responded to her question "No, I won't but we need to leave now, it will only be a matter of time before they realise I am here. ". Immediately after Volker said that an alarm rang out, Volker walked over to the window and leaned next to it and poked his head around so that he could see outside there he spotted several soldiers running into the building. Volker muttered under his breath "Damn, so much for 'quiet'." he then put his finger over his ear piece and said to his contact "I am going to need emergency evac on the roof now.". Volker turned to the young mage and said "Alright, it's now or never are you coming with me or not!".

Cordelia hesitated again, looking around, before nodding slowly. "I'll come with you..." It was either dying here, alone, experimented on, or going with this strange man for a chance of something better. She began to step towards him, cautious, but they were hurried. As soon as she stepped outside the room, she could feel her power begin to flow through her once again. "To the roof? How?" The dancer asked.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Volker Morde, #00ff00]
Volker looked around, he could hear the footsteps of extremists coming up the stairs "You're worth alot to these guys, just what kind of mage are you? Regardless we need to get to the roof... We should head back to the stairs though I don't think they'll just let us past, keep you head low and we'll both get through this.". Volker pulled out his mace and head towards the stairs and peered around the corner where he spotted a small group of extremists that had just come up the stairs "Damn, There are a few of them at the stairs, got an ideas?".[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.