Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, Hayden is getting a bit of a surprise, I'm sure. The Jester Man Cometh

Can the Awakened see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Alright, I'll try to get a post out for Kim today.

GRUMPY. I sent you a PM with my character sheet. I was just wondering if everything checked out.

*pokes @Grumpy*

Last edited:
I finally got another post out. It's short, but Kim introduced herself.

Though the three branches may fall into war at this meeting,

The Gum Group is eternal. Barely any words were shared, but gum was. That means the group has an everlasting, Unbreakable bond.

[fieldbox=Oris Wood, #B59E53, solid, 2, palatino]Gender: Male
Faction: Exhumii

Appearance:
Having always been told that the soundness of one's body is directly related to the soundness of one's mind, Oris used to be one of the few physicists in his department at the University of Waterloo that regularly went to the gym to work out.

Oris possesses eyes so pale blue they look like translucent ice and hair the colour of platinum with a thin golden patina. He wore scruff that he always thought looked attractive, though on some of his best days only made him look rugged in a very unkempt sort of way. Oris also wears a pair of glasses with dark plastic frames and relatively low-prescription lenses that he uses mostly to remedy his nearsightedness.

Ever since his Awakening, however, and the circumstances that led to it, Oris has lost much of his glow. The brightness of his eyes has dulled, making his frosty eyes look even icier. The musculature he'd once been rather personally proud of remains on his upper body, but his legs have atrophied to the point where he rides around in his wheelchair with a blanket over them.

He wouldn't care too much if other people saw his now-useless legs, but that entailed him having to see them, and that was intolerable.

Personality:
Oris, as mentioned above, is rather fastidious over the matter of physical health. Even in his state, being confined to a wheelchair as he is, he finds some way to get his daily workout. Someone from his faction rather helpfully got him a sandbag after he started punching the wall and scraping his knuckles, but even that isn't enough for Oris. Most days he can be seen wheeling himself around in the less... volatile areas of Exhumii territory. Whether members of his own faction find his inability to settle down and do nothing endearing or irritating varies wildly from person to person. Oris himself can't quite decide between the two.

Oris is infuriatingly slow to anger, seemingly apathetic to even the most cruel jesting about his paraplegia. He is mostly silent and slow to speak, choosing his words and his points wisely before saying anything. He is unfortunately always plagued with indecision when the choice that lies in front of him does not respond to a straightforward value judgment.

Oris watches people with great interest, cataloguing mannerisms, word choices, and body language to use in later evaluation. Despite this, however, he is dreadful at making snap decisions. He is brilliant when asked about strategy, some hours after he has gathered whatever information he can. Ask him a few minutes after an event, and the best you might gather is a mumbled, half-hearted plan and a non-commital answer if you wonder, out loud, what the chances are that such a plan would work.

Oris is rather resentful of the fact that he is currently afflicted with paraplegia, and though he is loathe to admit it, he participates in Exhumii research mostly so he could find some way to regain the use of his legs—apart from the very brief bursts that his Purview allows him.

Talent:
Kinematics and Dynamics - Although a theoretical physicist by trade, Oris always had a deep love for the science of projectile motion. Ever since his Awakening, however, Oris has gained some sort of heightened awareness for projectiles of any sort around him. Had his natural predilection toward predicting the paths of objects as they travelled come to him before he'd crossed the road that fateful day, perhaps he would not be bound to a chair.

Purview: Entropy

Purview Abilities:
Mending — As long as the parts of a broken object are arrayed in front of him, Oris can reverse entropy and repair the broken object. It is worth noting, however, that no matter how fastidious a person might be in collecting the parts of a broken object, microscopic parts of it will always be left behind or escape that person's attention. Since this is the case, then Oris can only repair an object so many times before it degrades to the point where the mending is no longer effective. Oris' glasses, having been snapped numerous times since his Awakening, are beginning to show thin lines that traced the fractures along which the glasses broke in the past.

However, because the laws of physics dictate such, Oris cannot undertake an action that will result in a net decrease in entropy in the universe. By decreasing the entropy of a broken object, Oris must increase the entropy of another object. Often, his fingers are the victim of this requirement. This disallows Oris from repairing too many things or too complex things in one go.

Enkindle — As an act of intense concentration, Oris can manipulate the entropy of an object within his reach, increasing the entropy of the object and drawing the object's temperature up as a result.

Crumble — The opposite of mending, Oris can touch an object and increase its entropy to the point that its subatomic structure experiences such degradation that it begins to fall apart.

Background:
Born to a rather eclectic pair of parents, one a botanist, and the other a pharmaceutical chemist, Oris never quite had a 'normal' childhood. For much of his early years, he was tossed back and forth from one parent to the other. This was not so much in the physical sense, but simply put, there were months when all Oris would get was herbal medications for anything that ailed him, and then the next few months, his father would have some brand-new FDA-approved drugs that were supposed to be effective.

Oris was named so because his mother wanted to name him Horace, for she thought it was an interesting name, and his father thought that Horace was a simply 'uncool' name. Ironically, the compromise they reached both failed to be 'cool' in the way that Oris' father had hoped, and proved interesting for a completely different reason than his mother had thought.

Regardless of the teasing early on in his life, Oris went on in pursuit of better and better education—quickly outstripping peers in STEM subjects and physical education, but failing rather spectacularly at the humanities. Regardless, he eventually graduated with satisfactory grades and came into his own as a theoretical physicist—although prior to his Awakening, he had not published a theory of his own just yet.

Awakening:
Oris' Awakening came to him slowly, first in flashes whilst in the dream, then during the day when the heat got a little too high. Oris' Awakening was precipitated by the work he started to do on his own theory of everything, dissatisfied with the state of modern physics.

Oris peered too deeply into the fabric of spacetime, piercing the veil of what was "real" to humanity and the truth of reality in the Machine. As he neared the culmination of his life's work, slowly, the Truth began to creep up on him.

More and more frequently, visions of the Metropolis flashed in front of his eyes, nauseating in their incomprehensibility. As time went on, these visions lasted longer and longer, drawing him nearer and nearer to peril. At first it was almost walking off of the side of his building. Then, it was nearly falling down an open elevator shaft. He nearly stabbed himself with a knife in his apartment, but it all came to a head when he stepped out into the street and was met with the longest, most paralyzing vision of the Metropolis he'd experienced yet.

Oris next came to consciousness while he was being wheeled around the courtyard of a hospital that he didn't recognize. He took a moment to close his eyes and regain his bearings, but when he opened them again, he found himself in Metropolis, pursued by nightmarish creatures lobbing pus-filled balls of plague and disease that he only just managed to dodge because of a newfound awareness of the way that things moved.

It was only through sheer dumb luck that three days later, arms burning from the exertion of wheeling himself around Metropolis and avoiding all the nightmares that lurk its streets, hungry and at the brink of death by dehydration, that Oris stumbled upon a small group of Exhumii that were kind enough to take care of him briefly.
[/fieldbox]

>___________>

Can I play an animal/primal type purview?

>___________>

Can I play an animal/primal type purview?
CAN I LIKE STILL POST A CHARACTER EVEN IF I AM 10,000 YEARS LATE?!?
Yes. I'm the new head GM around these parts.

And I posted.
Though the three branches may fall into war at this meeting,

The Gum Group is eternal. Barely any words were shared, but gum was. That means the group has an everlasting, Unbreakable bond.
PrayingHands-7.jpg~c200

Reactions: Torsty and Minerva
Ah, yes. New blood for the Meat Machine.

@Malkuthe Highwind Oris can have some painkillers, but only after he has taken the dark, cinnamon-flavored oath of the Gum Squad and eaten from the body of our Lord and Savior Big Red.

HE REFUSES YOUR RELIGION AND SUBSTITUTES HIS OWN.

Reactions: Malkuthe Highwind
I'll try and get a reply out today, by the way.

*cackles evilly*

Status
Not open for further replies.