Status
Not open for further replies.
NAME: Alexander Belmont

FACTION: Rudiarii

APPEARANCE: Stands at 6'6" normally. Appearance subject to change at a whim by Alex.

b4de870f6daf6e5efeefa4f5df5003da.jpg

His Mask:

0a925c1b9d9219d2399e44892a06bde2.jpg

PERSONALITY: Alexander tens to be sarcastic or use dark humor, but he is not going to
simply insert jokes at all times. He maintains awareness of his surroundings, gauging when
to be quiet or serious and when to crack a joke. He also likes to throw a wrench into
plans, avoiding damaging wrenches unless it is enemy plans. He suffers from sadistic
tendencies for those he considers enemies. He actually takes pride in how much pain and
misery he can inflict upon foes. He keeps his sadism from directly affecting his allies.
Alexander also lives with Auditory-tactile Synesthesia, experiencing a relaxing full body
warmth upon listening to a calm heartbeat. His Awakening caused a similar disorder to
manifest as melancholic reactions to people crying when witnessing the carnage he can
inflict upon others. Both cause him to keep keenly aware of the attitudes of his allies and
he shares a surpising amount of empathy with companions. His in-combat behavior is that of
a demon jester intent upon causing pain and misery while confounding the enemy. Out of
combat, he is far more likely to try and lift the spirits of his group and be helpful, if a
bit silly at times. This duality was borne of his Awakening, essentially fracturing his
mind into two separate statuses. He is always Alexander and never changes personality, but
it is like a switch is in his head that flips once combat, torture, or interrogation start.
He is rather skittish with romance or possible interest in him, fearing his disorders and
fractured mind would taint the relationship. As such, he will not rebuff the advances, but
he will be obviously uncomfortable with reciprocating them himself. He is a teetotaler by
choice and instead drinks coffee as his drink of choice. He is also a keen scholar. When
not on missions or in fights, he will seek new knowledge or be seen pondering by a fire.
Anyone interested may join him in discussion and learning. He may even tell a few stories
to entertain his guests.

TALENT: Subterfuge

PURVIEW: Chaos

PURVIEW ABILITIES:

Comical Changeling: Alexander can physically alter his own form to match his mischevious
methods. He can currently change his apparent sex, voice, body features, and number of
limbs. He cannot yet leave a humanoid form. Later on, he will become able to shapeshift
into nearly anything he can imagine.

Pandemonium's Poison: Alexander can secrete a venom into his blood, sweat, and saliva. Any
weapons he wields are also coated in this venom. This does not affect ammo, so a gun he
holds will be covered in venom, but the bullets it fires will lose the venom. The venom,
when not in an enemy, on a wielded weapon, or within his fluids, will break down nearly
instantly. The venom's current effects either cause pain to flare around the affected
target's body in random patterns or will cause intense sexual arousal, Alexander's choice.
Later on, the poison, if producing pain, will cause the enemy to believe that their allies
are actually Alexander. If producing arousal, the poison will instead dissuade the target
from harming Alexander. Each dose of poison must be applied into their blood stream or
through places like their eyes or mouth. Doses cause the effect for minutes at a time.
Enemies can resist the poison, though extra doses can erode this resistance.

Whimsical Whimsy: Alexander can use his power to take mundane items and give them
inconceivable properties. For example, he could take chocolate ice cream and make it taste
like old gym socks. At the current power he has, he can at most make a small weapon out of
weird objects, like turning a banana peel into an impromptu knife. He cannot use this power
to grant an object a property it could conceivably have. He can't take metal and make a
knife. That just wouldn't be funny. Later on, he will be able to practically do anything
his imagination can come up with, but it can never make sense how he did it.

BACKGROUND: Before Awakening, Alex was professionally an intelligence agent. He was placed
in strategic locations to gather information or observe events. His training mostly
surrounded recon, data gathering, and physical and social stealth methods. He was trained
to kill, though he was not an assassin. he knows his way around firearms and melee weapons.
He is also trained in nerve strikes to weaken and disable foes. His training veered from
the norm as he also trained to construct temporary items for use on the job. Zip guns and
shivs are two examples of throwaway items he knows how to craft, given the materials. As a
recon agent, he trained predominantly on hacking systems and intercepting messages and
signals. Given the proper equipment, he can gather relevant info for interested parties.
All of the training he had kept him living comfortably. He even managed to sell some
secrets on the side to parties and causes he approved of. Shortly before his Awakening, his
agency dissolved for unknown reasons. Left as a freelance agent, he did what any good agent
would and assumed a temporary identity in case of foul play.

AWAKENING: While in hiding after his agency's dissolution, Alexander began to see...things.
They were not normal things. They seemed out of a nightmare. They at first didn't notice
him. As the things became clearer and more frequently seen, they began to realize he
existed. He had to flee from many of them, not realizing he was gaining new powers as he
saw them more. Well, one can only run for so long before getting caught. The poor creature
that caught him, had him by an arm. He swiftly cut the creature's arm. To his surprise, the
wounds started oozing a deep purple and the creature begant o convulse in pain. Seeing it
in such a vulnerable state led Alex into a sadistic frenzy, where he slowly killed the
creature by testing out his newfound poison. From there, he killed off many of the
creatures instead of running. Over time, he discovered that he could physically alter
himself to sneak into their ranks. He also discovered his ability to add weird properties
during his stealthy infiltration of their ranks. Lacking a shiv or knife, he grabbed a
coffee cup. Expecting to knock his target unconscious, he was surprised to find it instead
left a deep gash in its skull. Not wanting to waste time thinking about it, he promptly
slit the creature's throat and left the area. Following the discovery of the powers, he
began to experiment with them, trying to find out what he could and could not do with them.
The shape changing was easy to find limits for. His poison seemed to cause pain, until one
time he accidentally poisoned a woman he wanted to sleep with. Her getting suddenly aroused
instead of being in pain threw him for a loop, but it served as a good way to realize his
poison's weird potential. His last ability took much more time to understand. He tried and
failed to give pieces of metal or glass better cutting or stabbing ability, but he could
make them into incredibly strong bludgeons. On the flip side, he could take unsharpened
pieces of rebar or chunks of stone and cut people with them. He even made his morning gruel
taste delicious. So, he eventually figured out that the power required he do odd things to
the object. He took to carrying around a few weird and random items in addition to his
knife in case of disarmament.

The trials began after his experimentation and survival drew the attention of Cherubim.
They came calling time and time again. When possible, he evaded them or confounded them,
but he did take more than one of them down. Knowing he had to leave Metropolis, Alexander
carefully wove his way through the city. Cherubim pursued him relentlessly, setting up
traps and checkpoints to try and get him. For his part, he barely got out of the city. Once
out, he thought he would be relatively safe, but he was dead wrong. Once out of the city,
angels came calling. He couldn't trick them or evade them this time. They eventually hunted
him down. After a long fight, He managed to slip away with a multitude of wounds. Of the
angels, one was dead, another mortally wounded, and the other two severely injured.
Alexander made it off into the darkness, though he only got so far before collapsing into
unconsciousness. He awoke to a woman cleaning his wounds and fixing him up. He still felt
like shit, but he was out of obvious dange,r so he wasn't too bothered. A few weeks of
recovery got him back in functioning order. The group that found him introduced themselves
as something called the Awakened. They told him that he was one as well. All were
disillusioned to the real state of the world and gained incredible power. The group as a
whole was a small cadre of Rudiarii that had been sent out to look for new Awakened. They
happened upon him at the tail end of the fight. They basically took him to a safehouse and
helped him out. From there, considering their explanation of the faction as relatively free
form and based upon ability, he decided to join their number for the added protection and
resources. From there, he began to run missions for them, often alone as a scout or
observer. He even performed assassinations. Over time, he got his hands on a very well-
designed harlequin mask and a jester's outfit. He took on that costume for missions as a
persona to inflict fear and confusion upon his enemies.

@UnseenShade

Hayden shares some similar stuff with your char in terms of abilities and purview. Surreality and Chaos seem to go hand in hand, no? Perhaps they could make fun companions in the IC, if/when you are accepted and if/when this takes off.

Maybe. Maybe not. His is very much a setup of Loki combined with Sheogorath.

*Emerges from under a pile of job applications*

@UnseenShade, Alexander looks good to me. I'll get him added to the Cast List soon.

@Icy, you should have a PM in your inbox from me. I'm liking the look of Cael so far.

Reactions: Soulless
It's odd. I was figuring that the Frumentarii would be getting most of the attention, but it seems that most folks prefer the Rudiarii so far.

And here was little old me thinking a bunch of paramilitary quasi-fascists with superpowers would be appealing.

It's odd. I was figuring that the Frumentarii would be getting most of the attention, but it seems that most folks prefer the Rudiarii so far.

And here was little old me thinking a bunch of paramilitary quasi-fascists with superpowers would be appealing.
My other character probably would have been Frumentarii.

In my original draft of my current sheet, Kim was different personality-wise and was an Exhumii.

I cannot roleplay someone in a military hierarchy. I simply have never been good enough at it to even want to do it. Part of it is just my mind being unable to wrap around the idea of following orders without questioning them.

I can. < ̄`ヽ、       / ̄>
 ゝ、  \ /⌒ヽ,ノ  /´
   ゝ、 `( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /
     >     ,ノ
     ∠_,,,/´”

Edited.

Peuplq3.jpg

"Fuck your ideals."

NAME:
Cael Haze

FACTION:
Frumentarii

APPEARANCE:
Cael has light-brown hair - either tied into a bun or anarchic like displayed in the picture - and a borderline gaunt physique; sunken cheeks, a prominent jawline, and high cheekbones. His eyes are dark-brown with perpetually-dilated pupils and drooping lids, resulting in a bored and almost emaciated countenance. His casual attire comprises primarily of monochrome clothing along with nondescript pants and a plethora of different white sneakers. He sometimes wear small round sunglasses and military jackets and boots. When forced to wear uniform, he does so without complaint.

PERSONALITY:
Cael is a pragmatic (pessimistic by some accounts) mind with the complexion of a corpse and outlook of a quasi-pretentious cynic. His penchant for interposing sarcastic remarks during conversations does little to alleviate this. He is level-headed and able to keep himself somewhat composed during times of turmoil - as demonstrated during his Awakening and subsequent survival. Despite being one of the Awakened, and by effect, essentially a Demigod, he struggles with addiction-related issues due to the pressure of his plight and the soporifics and analgesics used to mitigate it. He blames the Machine and the Demiurge's brainwashing ploy for all his past sufferings and seeks, along with the Frumentarii, to tear it down from the sky and exact judgement in the form of absolute and utter destruction.

TALENT:
Aberrant of his kind, Cael lacked talent in mortality and seems to have retained that quality even in his Awakening. While he can by far stunt on the plebs still deluged in the Demiurge's Lie, his general lack of motivation and interest in the bulk of pursuits lead him to be, without failure, and after a certain amount of time and practice, catapulted back into square one with all his progress terminated. He does, however, have a flair for literature - or rather, reading literature - and frequently finds himself unconsciously assimilating books - be they treatises, novels, or ancient tomes - like a mosquito out for blood. Impartiality, despite his somewhat contradicting persona, is the most valuable asset he’s gained from this ‘hobby’.

PURVIEW:
Exile

PURVIEW ABILITIES:
Plane Hopping: Cael is an ingenious fugitive (of the Machine) with a knack for traversing between and across the various planes of existence tied to Elysium - more often than not, however, unconsciously and during times of great emotional distress.

Synthetic Exile: This ability can be used in two ways: Exile and Reverse Exile. Exile manipulates the minds of lesser creatures to completely disregard him, while Reverse Exile allows him to temporarily control and manoeuvre said-creatures. The latter can be developed to the point where Cael can have a long-distance sleeper agent, and the former to affect multiple targets at once.

Eviction: Cael manipulates how light around his body and shadow is reflected to render him near invisible. His scent is reduced but not removed and he can still be detected by the distortion of air currents and sound.

EQUIPMENT:
While Cael is by no means a combatant, he does carry a trench knife on him at all times in case of emergency. He is also adequately trained with handguns since his recruitment into the Frumentarii.

BACKGROUND:
Cael was raised by a run-of-the-mill family in the suburbs of New York. He neither excelled nor fell behind the rest of his peers in anything - be it education, practical skills, or mental capacity - and was completely submerged in the otherwise desirable mediocrity of society. As an elementary student, he was never assigned a class-role and always found himself on the crossroads of fitting in. This disposition proved incessant, as even in high-school, when he descended into a transient cycle of drugs and self-indulgence, he was unable to find any means of shattering the bubble of nonentity that - by all means and purposes - seemed to surround him like a bird cage. When he moved out to live on his own, sustained by a series of dead-end jobs, he fell into a profound and baseless depression, which eventually saw to the estrangement of his family and friends by social isolation.

This was also the point in time where he found himself unabatingly haunted by hallucinations and dreams of what had been and what could have been - of alien worlds teeming with unfamiliarities; monolithic civilizations buried beneath mounds of sand, sinister cages swathed in darkness, realms of absolute ice inhabited by sprawling cosmic monstrosities, mercury-lit catacombs with gleaming, vitrified surfaces, and unintelligible places beyond all recognition, where ginormous sheep-like creatures invoked the ability to fly, birds the ability to breathe underwater, and flora the ability to lift its roots and walk the earth in sentience. These elements, that society conventionally perceived as fantasy, delusion, and reverie, all of sudden felt so natural and cogent to Cael - as if there was no other way around it. He became a stranger to the world, an alien to its inhabitants, and a prisoner to its machinations. He became an Exile - and thus, came about his Awakening.

AWAKENING:
Crumpling in the disputed epicenter of reality and fantasy, Cael nearly lost his mind to the sudden inner turmoil - with nobody to rely on and lacking any previous knowledge on the subject, aside from the general definition of ‘mental disorder’. This proved to be his salvation, however, as the very confusion and alienation he felt at the time coalesced to form his Purview - and sent him hurtling off into another plane of existence; Limbo, to begin with. There, seeking to escape some indeterminate calamity, he wandered aimlessly for several months, with neither nutrition nor sleep, relying solely on willpower and the red haze clouding his mind. Whenever the creatures of the Machine located him, he would - albeit unconsciously - elude them by jumping planes. He lost nearly all his weight during the vagrancy and resembled more skeleton than man. When his resolve finally abated and the automated haze obscuring his wit all but disappeared, he was found by the Frumentarii, lying exanimate before one of their strongholds in Limbo. They nurtured him back to life, foreseeing his potential, and slowly but surely, he recuperated and came to his senses. This was two years ago. Now he actively works as a spy, scout, and saboteur for the Frumentarii, gathering intel not only on creatures of the Machine but also on other Awakened.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Grumpy
Got an extra day of work, so...I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to get started on a character.

I'M STILL HERE, GUYS.

BEEN HAVING A ROUGH TIME OF IT, BUT I'M BACK.

I'M STILL HERE, GUYS.

BEEN HAVING A ROUGH TIME OF IT, BUT I'M BACK.

I'm just waiting for your version of Agent Mulder.

Hell, I'm completely hyped for this whole RP. This is one of the most badass ideas I have read.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
A'IGHT, JOB STUFF IS VAGUELY SORTED NOW SO LET'S TALK GETTING THIS BAD BOYEE STARTED.

I'm aiming to have 'The Machine Falters' up and going on THURSDAY THE 18TH FEBRUARY. Assuming that doesn't mean we get caught up by forum updates or anything. So basically a week or so from now.

As for the folks who are still making characters, I have but this to say:

(PS: If I haven't messaged you about any character stuff yet don't worry, that'll be happening soon)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I AM STILL INTERESTED IN THIS, GRUMPY. I AM SO SORRY. DND HAS CONSUMED MY LIFE.

(PS: If I haven't messaged you about any character stuff yet don't worry, that'll be happening soon)
What?

Also, I had a Question: Can we start anywhere in the world in the RP?

Or are we all going to start in one place depending on our faction? Or what?

Sorry if I'm being annoying.

What?

Also, I had a Question: Can we start anywhere in the world in the RP?

Or are we all going to start in one place depending on our faction? Or what?

Sorry if I'm being annoying.
We all start in my apartment for some drinks and music to mellow out - maybe some Monopoly to further take the edge off - then we kill or do whatever super-humans do.

Jk, I haven't been accepted yet. ;___;

But on a serious note, seeing as it's fairly easy to travel by means of Metropolis, Limbo, and what not, starting location shouldn't be that big of a deal. Unless we're diving straight into the plot, in which case you should prepare a mountain of contraceptives.

maybe some Monopoly to further take the edge off
Or make us murder each other.

Monopoly is not a good game for badass magically enhanced Super humans to break the ice.

Apples to Apples or CAH, though...

CAH? In a derelict place where we're all running for our lives with the whole world collapsing in on us, there can be a lot of fun in that.
That would be so fun in Metropolis or Limbo. Just barricade a door or something, and play CAH as long as you wanted.

And then end up in some random city when you finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.