Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Kult yet.

ie. The RPG who's early game I've more or less stolen.

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Kult yet.

ie. The RPG who's early game I've more or less stolen.
Oh shit.

...*Looks at his own username*

I STOLE NOTHING I ALREADY HAD THE COMPARISON IN MIND.

This sort of reminds me of Shadowrun.

Characters with Magical Powers called Awakened in major cities fighting Each other and Eldritch horrors.

I think I want to be the Fox Mulder of this universe.

"LOOK AT ALL THIS GLORIOUS BULLSHIT THAT I KNEW EXISTED!!"
Also, he'll be an ex-Law Enforcement officer. Probably legit FBI, was already beginning to fall down the rabbit hole of the deeper Machinations of the universe through a series of investigations.

Get it? Machinations? THE MACHINE? huehuehue

Reactions: Minerva
I think I want to be the Fox Mulder of this universe.

"LOOK AT ALL THIS GLORIOUS BULLSHIT THAT I KNEW EXISTED!!"
Also, he'll be an ex-Law Enforcement officer. Probably legit FBI, was already beginning to fall down the rabbit hole of the deeper Machinations of the universe through a series of investigations.

Get it? Machinations? THE MACHINE? huehuehue

I am okay with this.

So, if someone's talent is medicine, they'd be able to basically heal any wound, or cure any disease?

And do our Awakening Skills have to do with our talents?

Could my doctor character have the Justice Purview? Or would she have to have the Health?

They wouldn't be able to just wave their hands and fix someone, but they'd probably have the skills of a brain surgeon with the mind of the greatest psychotherapists to date.

An Awakened isn't just good at their Talent.

They're essentially the best.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minerva
I'm thinking of going with War for my Purview. Not 100% sure yet though.

They wouldn't be able to just wave their hands and fix someone, but they'd probably have the skills of a brain surgeon with the mind of the greatest psychotherapists to date.

An Awakened isn't just good at their Talent.

They're essentially the best.
Alright, thanks!

That sounds pretty good to me.

Time to work on my doctor character.

I'd like to join if that's okay with all of you... I'm a newbie so... I apologize in advance if I'm incompetent or anything like that. Is there a place to post CS sheets or something?

Apologise for nothing. Everyone's new at some point.

Fire your sheets in this thread. I'll link them all in the Cast List.

Apologise for nothing. Everyone's new at some point.

Fire your sheets in this thread. I'll link them all in the Cast List.
Is there an expected skeleton or structure? I apologize if I missed it.

Is there an expected skeleton or structure? I apologize if I missed it.
Over under the primary Overview tab, scroll all the way down to Characters, then it'll be in the right-most tab titled Character Sheet. =P

This was fun, but incredibly laborious to make. I hope it's good:

"This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: 'He himself took our infirmities and bore our diseases."-The Gospel of Matthew 8:17

"The doctor is to be feared more than the disease."-Latin Proverb

NAME: Dr Kim Suyong Park (goes by either Dr Kim, or Kim Park)

FACTION: Rudiarii

APPEARANCE:

454e1c8ff096bcb80ae7b67ab3f180c7.jpg

Doctor Kim is an Asian female with brown hair that appears red in some light, and light brown eyes. She has an average build, and is about 5'9", and weighs around 144 pounds. She has an average build. Kim frequently wears lab coats over her regular clothing.

((I don't know who this woman is, but she fit what I wanted.))

PERSONALITY: Kim is a kind and caring individual. She is patient, calm, and caring. She will even sacrifice her own time and safety for someone else. However, when someone angers her, she won't hesitate to get angry. She also has the will to defend herself, and will when she feels threatened. Violence isn't her usual go-to, but if it is necessary, Kim will be just as violent as anyone. She puts her patients above anyone, and will often go to great lengths to care for them, even if it requires putting herself or her own well-being at risk. She has been shown to have a sense of humor around people she gets close to.

TALENT: Medicine

PURVIEW: Health

PURVIEW ABILITIES:

(I don't know how these are, so I'll hear what you have to say on them, and change them accordingly.)

Cleansing Touch: Kim can cure someone she touches of a disease except for cancer, or completely heal a wound. It can also help prevent the spread of infection. It has limitations in that it takes time for the wound to completely heal, a disease may still need a small dose of antibiotics or antivirals afterwards, and a broken bone still needs to be set before she can heal it, but generally, it will heal the wound or cure the disease. At higher levels, it is near limitless.

Hippocratic Oath: She can call upon the spirit of a doctor from the past, and converse with it. When she is stumped for answers, the spirit will come to her aid, to offer advice on what to do in that situation. Anyone from Sigmund Freud, to Hippocrates, to Alexander Fleming. At higher stages, Apollo himself can be summoned, and multiple doctors could be summoned as well.

Disease Manipulation: The only combative ability. Kim can create a disease with will. The symptoms show up almost immediately, and she can take it out as well. A disease of her choosing will manifest in the chosen target, and she can cure it, or worsen it at will. So far, she only has a limited yet powerful pool of diseases to choose from (Meningitis strong. Still Not something to fuck with.) at higher levels, this power is nearly unlimited, and she can even create her own diseases, or diseases that can kill demons.

BACKGROUND:

Born to two First generation Korean immigrants, Kim lived an average life. Her father was a professor, and her mother was constantly away, as she was someone who sold Skyscrapers in Major cities. She was either She lived a comfortable life. Her family wasn't particularly religious, but they went to a Catholic Church every so often, so Religion didn't play a part in her life. At an early age, Kim decided she wanted to be a doctor. Kim studied hard, got good grades, and managed to keep them all through college. When she graduated, she went to a Medical School. She showed promise in her Medical School, and graduated top of her class. Her parents became incredibly proud of her, as she got a high paying job at a hospital in a nearby city.

She was considered one of the best at her hospital, and she was soon elected to the board of Directors. Even after that, she still dedicated her time to her work, and sacrificed for her patients. She never had the dream to marry, as she liked living alone. She frequently went out to museums and read books, as she loved to learn. She also travelled the world when she had spare time.

When her Awakening first occurred, she didn't believe it. She had all the skills anyone in her field could possibly need. She went from a good doctor, to The World's Best Doctor. Mental Health diagnosis, infectious disease recognizing, the skills of the world's best Brain Surgeons, hell, she could even be a dentist if required. It took her a while to get used to it, and she was slow to accept it, but she eventually did.

AWAKENING: When most doctors at her hospital fled or died from a sudden outbreak of a demonically spread disease, Kim remained. She treated everyone infected that she could. Doctors continued to flee from the hospital she worked at, and the disease continued to spread. Eventually, it was just her, three nurses, an older doctor, the Board of Directors, and several Medical Students taking care of a Hospital with several hundred patients. Kim lost sleep just trying to lead these people to live their lives. Night after night, Kim would work in a laboratory, risking getting sick herself. She faced several trials, the largest of which was when the hospital ran out of medicines, so she started using her power to cure people.

She tried to live her life normally, working to take care of patients like a normal doctor, but she couldn't. The Heavenly Host were at her back, or the creatures of Metropolis hunted her or got to her patients. Kim focused her mind on he studies to ignore, but they still came.

She continued her work on patients as the disease became worse and worse. The Board of Directors called an emergency meeting discussing that the CDC would soon take control of the hospital, as there was no one to care for everyone. Then, Kim saw it. The true face of the Head Doctor, a handsome Plastic Surgeon. He was a Cherubim.

Later that week, he cornered her, and attempted to murder Kim with her own tools. She was able to hold him off until two Security Guards came for her. Her life changed after that, with various CDC and Hospital officials after her. Kim stopped going to meetings, and avoided contact with the CDC Agents working at her hospital.

One day, a patient who's insides had been slashed open pointed her to the Rudiarii. He said that he knew her troubles, and that they could help her. Knowing they could help her, Kim looked into them. Looked to join them. Her views aligned with theirs. The idea that humanity needed to break free, humanity was a free species and that they needed to break free from the machine. She joined up, and has worked for the Rudiarii as a doctor since.

She has recently transferred to her home city of Seoul, where she directs a group of Rudiarii there. She works under a different name at a hospital there, and has tried to keep drawing attention to herself.

Also, uh, inb4 Donald Trump is a Cherubim with fabulous hair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.