The Luck of the Dice (Rufiya&Tomoko)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's that obvious?" Miranda asked her as she placed the potatoes on the table, wondering if she should somehow adjust to that. What if Clyde knew then if Charlotte had? Then why wouldn't he have told her? Because he's just not that into her? Miranda was definitely confused. But the last part of Charlotte's advice did linger a while. Maybe this was supposed to happen, all decided on that moment where he stopped to let her hitch-hike. As Charlotte called them and they ran off to get their hand's washed Miranda watched as her new friend gave everybody a piece of beef.

She sat across from Clyde next to Charlotte, not really talking as much only when she was brought up too. She tried her best to act like her normal self, and she thought she did a decent job at the very least. She just concentrated on Charlotte's amazing cooking, the food savory and filling. She was afraid to make eye contact with Clyde however, seeing that Charlotte saw right through her apparently weak barrier then what was stopping him from seeing as well? After dinner Miranda helped Charlotte with the plates, offering to wash them.

"Maybe.." Miranda muttered to herself as she cleaned off a little stain off of Clyde's plate.

"What's wrong hunny? I could tell you were upset the whole dinner. And don't worry the boys were far to busy with robots and Godzilla to notice your upset. Clyde was born an only child he loves to get to play with Eric like he has a little brother."

She turned back to see Charlotte. "Oh. It's nothing I guess. I mean, what I thought me and Clyde had was nothing." Miranda told Charlotte afterwards turning back to continue on the dishes trying too hard to look focused on them. "After all, we only have more place to find before we are completely sure that nothing too crazy happened and we'll get that divorce." Miranda then continued a hint of bitterness filtering her usually cheery voice "I'm fine though. Honestly."

Charlotte quickly dried her hands and hugged Miranda. "No just no. Do not let that fill your person. I cannot say anything Clyde said to me so I have to be careful how I speak. But trust me it's not done here." Charlotte Gave her a final squeeze before letting her go. "Trust me just give it a try." Charlotte was sure the manner of her speaking gave it away but poor Miranda was hurting bad and Charlotte knew both of them were so scared and yet had such a connection. She prayed Miranda would hear her words.

Miranda looked up from the dishes and the hug when Charlotte more or less told her the truth. She turned around after the hug was separated drying her hands on her jean covered thighs. She wondered if Charlotte was telling her the actual truth, not just what Miranda was desperately wanting to hear but then again, how could this girl lie? I mean she was just so nice that Miranda just had to believe her and the fact that she wanted too so much helped as well.

Miranda turned towards the doorway hearing Clyde make an explosion sound followed by Eric's laughter, she smiled for a moment. Maybe she did have a chance with that man. "So like, I mean..what should I do?" Miranda asked Charlotte honestly not knowing the answer herself after all the poor girl was confused, confused by her feelings, confused by his intentions, confused by the whole situation.

"I honestly do not know that. I don't know your personality enough to suggest something good I say let fate keep working it's magic. It seems to know what it is doing. Him being the one that picked up when you were hitchhiking. And him being the one you married. Fate has a plan. If there was any a time to prove it you guys are proving it." Charlotte looked at the time. "Oh no it's Erics bedtime. Clyde! Come in here and help Miranda with the dishes." She rinsed off her hands. "Sorry." She hurried off. Clyde wandered in and took Charlottes place. "Sorry I haven't been around much I love time with Eric. He is a fantastic kid." He smiled at her. "You having fun?"

Miranda wanted for Charlotte to say more, see if Miranda could rack up any more questions and Charlotte could help take away all this confused feeling she was starting to despise having, it was only when Clyde walked in did she jump back in from her thought. She straightened up, her hands finding her pockets and her feet shifting weight from her heels and toes.

"Don't worry, Eric doesn't always get to see his uncle right?" Miranda began, hoping he wouldn't be able to read her. "Well you can help out by putting up those finished dishes I guess." Her finger pointing to the shiny silverware and platter before she resumed washing. "Oh yeah it's been quite nice, I still hate myself for acting like I did in the diner, Charlotte didn't deserve that." Her words coming out a little rushed though.

"Sadly he doesn't I lived a ways away. But whenever I came here I made sure to spend at least two days with my family." Clyde smiled at her. "Why are you nervous I may miss a lot of things but your normally much more calm with your speech. If it's about Charlotte and the diner she's long since forgiven you heck she welcomed you into her home and fed you dinner. If that isn't a true were friends I don't know what is. And if your worried about getting this mystery solved. I have all the time in the world now and I can keep working on it and you can take a break you deserve one."

"What? What? I'm fine I guess me and Charlotte have already made up after all." Miranda spoke, her first what coming off as defensive but she eventually chilled after a moment. Handing the last plate to Clyde she returned her hands back into her pockets, her shoulders shrugging upwards as she sighed. "No, I'm coming with you. You can't just expect to leave me behind after we've gone this far, you asshole." Miranda then said hearing his second sentence, her words sounding like they were on the first day they woke up together. Miranda looked away afterwards to embarrassed to talk.

Clyde really didn't know what to say. She warmed up to him today and then he was back at square one. This was all so new. He felt hurt and dejected. "Okay." He said trying to keep the meek feeling out of his voice. He set his keys on the counter. "Drive yourself home. I'm gonna go for a walk." He didn't dare meet her eyes. He turned and dashed away out the front door. He closed it quietly. Then ran and ran there was a park near here he remembered taking Eric to it. He went there and sat on the swings. "What'd I do wrong. Maybe I was right all along she does hate me."

Miranda held the keys in her hands they were still warm from Clyde's grip. She placed them on the counter, wanting to run after him as he left for outside. She hit herself on the head reprimanding herself for being so cold. What was she thinking acting that way towards him? He hadn't done anything yet at the very least. She turned around grabbing a sticky pad writing "Sorry, but I needed a drink, I'll pay you back later - Miranda" before pasting it on the fridge, proceeding to grab a large container of alcohol afterwards.

She stepped outside, night-time had fallen but she could still see the party from the rooftops all the way here at this small neighborhood. Miranda hadn't been paying attention to the roads so she just wandered aimlessly looking for Clyde, taking a serious chug from her now almost empty bottle. It was only whens he reached a park, did she realize she was drunk. Her head was hazy and everything seemed double visioned. She thought she saw Clyde off in the distance but that was just before she collapsed to the ground, her body to weak to pull herself up.

"Damnit.." Miranda whispered, that being the only clear thought in her mind.

Clyde was getting up to leave when he saw her he ran over and picked her up taking her to a bench. "Miranda what's wrong why'd you fall." Then he smelt the booze. "Oh my you sure hit that bottle hard . I can't imagine what it looks like." He laughed softly. He sat down with her on his lap cradling her to his chest in a comfortable hug. "Don't scare me like that." He whispered to her. He knew he should give her space but he didn't care if he was gonna be kicked out of her life he might as well get a hug in.

Her head was a mess. She thought about how they met, and everything that lead to the moment at Charlotte's house, she regretted it so much and she felt like such a dumbass that she just knew the universe was getting back to her making her imagine that Clyde was holding her, on some bench in the park she passed out drunkenly. Wait. Maybe that was the real him?

Seeing two Clyde's Miranda didn't know what to do, her vision would get shitty while she was drunk huh? She opened her mouth to speak to her crazy hallucination, at least she would be able to pour out her feelings probably to a roof, but she would get them out nonetheless. Maybe then it would be easier to move on from this shit.

"I-I love you." She spoke her voice hoarse and dry from the booze. "I...didn't want to start a relationship so early on, I was afraid that I might be starting up to fast, I didn't know how to handle it at all. I've never experienced real love, I thought I did but it was so much different with you, it was just so..I'm sorry." Miranda sobbed heavily to the supposed illusion that held her. She somehow managed to pull the drunken marriage photo from her pocket, keeping it with her since she had gotten it holding it tightly as she drunkenly cried her heart out.

Clyde was so shocked. Did he love her he knew he liked her. He didn't feel scared though.He hugged her tight then cupped her cheek in his hand and got her to look at him. "I can't say I love you cause I don't know yet I don't even know what love is. I've avoided it all my life. But I do know that I like you very very much and you are amazing." He kissed her then trying to reassure himself and her.

Miranda woke up, standing up quickly as the sunlight found her in the hotel bed. She looked around the empty room, thinking maybe she had been dreaming of the whole incident, but it became apparent that it wasn't just a dream seeing as her head ached furiously. She groaned loudly, trying to remember just what had happened last night. She remembered getting knocked out and then..Clyde. Clyde, had that been the real him?

She stood up not too sure, he wasn't in the bedroom. "...Clyde?" Miranda asked out loud, her heart sinking when there was no immediate reply. She crawled back into the bed, hugging one of the pillows tightly. Now was supposed to be the hard part right?

He walked out of the bathroom in a towel. "You awake?" He whispered to her. Not that he should really wake her since he was only in a towel. But she puked in his lap. And he had no choice while the maid was washing them for him. He wondered if she'd remember last night he wondered if it was her drunk self talking or the real her. He ran a hand in his hair. He really hoped she meant it and remembered otherwise this is going to be very awkward and sad for him.

Miranda sat up quickly at the sound of his voice, she looked up to see him half-naked jerking back a bit not that it was a unpleasant sight but more of a What the fuck kind of reaction. The jerk backwards lashed at her head though and she groaned once again. Her head throbbing she looked up at him, he might've brought her here.

"What happened last night..?" Miranda asked him, wondering if that whole illusion thing wasn't an actual illusion. A thought that was becoming more prominent in the woman's mind. It wouldn't have been the worse thing ever but still.

"Well you found the park I was hiding in and fell down cause you were really drunk. I picked you up and we sat on a bench and then you said you love me. I said I like you cause I don't know what love is and can't tell yet. Then we kissed. A lot. Then you fell asleep and so I brought you here. When I tried to leave you had my arm in a death grip. So I stayed here. You woke me up bout half an hour ago by throwing up on my lap. You fell back asleep I cleaned the bed and had a shower. Now we are here." He was terrified for her reaction. He also prayed she wouldn't kick him out in just a towel.

Miranda sighed in relief, at least the harder part was finally finished. She laid back in her bed, sighing again. She looked over at Clyde who seemed to be tensed as if she'd come over and punch him or something. A thought that definitely had a chance of happening. The way he explained to her was rather blunt but for some reason she couldn't help but laugh.

"Wow man. You totally made out with a drunk girl huh? That's pretty kinky." Miranda joked, returning towards her more cheery-self. "Maybe you were such a bad kisser that I just had to puke on you. It's a real shame that I don't remember anything." Miranda then continued, fixing her messy hair turning away for a second before turning back a bit more serious this time around.

"But..I..uh do really love you. At least I think I do. I'm not to sure just what it is either but I've never been as happy as I've been since I met you." Miranda admitted, biting her lip towards the end still a little bit embarrassed about exposing her feelings.

Clyde blushed and sat down beside her. "I'm glad you didn't just say that in a drunk state. But whew your breath is something funky you should really go brush your teeth." He teased back.

Status
Not open for further replies.