The Lovely Inn of Madame Caroline (Sign-Up)(Super Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEXLEY THOMAS
♠ | ♣ | ♥ | ♦

bexley3.jpg

| Intro |
"My name is Bexley Thomas. I'm nineteen years old and I work at my dad's Hardware store."

| Skill of Choice |
"Guess I'll go with Unborn. I believe in second chances."

| Personality |
Bexley is quiet, but strong at heart. She typically appears stand-offish when someone approaches her, but it's never her intention. Coming to her for personal advice might not always be the best decision you ever made. It's not that she doesn't want to help, she simply doesn't know how. Dealing with someone else's emotions and talking to others isn't exactly her strong suit. You'll find that Bexley rarely will ever be the one to speak up first when she disagrees with someone else's decisions or opinion. She'd like to chalk it up to them being entitled to their own opinion, but frankly it's because she doesn't care. A person generally doesn't like it when someone opposes them and even more so hates to change it, so she doesn't even bother.

She's forever cool, calm, and collected. Bexley believes the first to panic is the first to screw up. Bexley tries to avoid making careless mistakes, as those mistakes often cause trouble in the end. She's more of a peacemaker, rather than a troublemaker. If you come to her with drama, she'll often shut you down pretty quickly. She keeps a close, tight-knit group of people as her friends. She likes to keep herself surrounded with people she knows she can trust and will help her through any situation she throws at them. With that being said, there weren't many of them.

| Background |
Her mother left her and her father when she was seven years old. Whether the woman was unhappy and ran off with another man or didn't like the responsibility of being a wife and mother, Bexley wasn't sure. She asked herself those same questions over and over until eventually she stopped asking questions altogether. Whereas most wouldn't agree, Bexley didn't like seem to think that her mother's absence made an impact on her life. She grew up a lonely life. Not by misfortune, but by choice. She often didn't like the people around her that were her own age due to their lack of maturity to the point where she distanced herself from them. Her best friend, Dana, was the first one to give her a fierce "Hell no," and pushed for their friendship. Instead of going off to college, she currently she helps out and works at her father's hardware store in their small town in Maine.

| Additional Information |
"There's nothing I'm willing to share."

Last edited:
@Nameless Welcome to the inn!!
@Brøken_Serenity Tomorrow, which I'm really excited about. I'm out of town until tomorrow, making it really difficult to start today even though we got enough people. But I will start randomly selecting the witch and sending them the message today, so everyone should check their inbox for a message from me incase they've been selected.

The Witch has been chosen. The game shall begin tomorrow. Visitors, prepare yourselves.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
I'm so Excited! I'm sure the Witch is someone we least expect.
It's fricking Lizzi Maple! I'm betting 10 imaginary bucks!

• Love
*Sweats Profoundly*
N-no, u-uhm, it's that cat over there!!! *Camera zooms into the cat with intense music playing in the background*

In all seriousness though, I have no idea who it might be. I'm excited... but pretty scared.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
And so the story begins. You may go to the in-character thread and post away. (Sorry for being as late as I was. I got back in town later than expected.) If anyone has any troubles, let me know.

Do we want a posting order so everything doesn't get too crazy?

OMG, my bad, I thought I updated that on the info page. I guess it only saved as a draft. lol Hold up, I'll get it up for you guys.

Just an update, I created a preferred posting order on the info page at the top of the signup page. Try to follow the order provided. :)

Uhm, hello! I was really interested in this roleplay and I saw that the character skill 'Repulsion' wasn't taken, and I was wondering if it was too late to join in? C: Great RP, by the way!

Reactions: Basacura
@Nameless I was thinking that, but I saw a post saying someone else was going to make a CS for that skill. I then realized it was posted last month, but I just wanted to make sure in case maybe they were dealing with some IRL things. c:

Reactions: Basacura
Alana Zōu.
large.jpg

5'2 with slim/elongated features, 2 tattoos; "Positive Mindset" in Chinese written in her own calligraphy, "Digression" written under her left breast in Arabic

Aspiring Actress. She's nailed a few audition roles, but currently works part-time at a local ice cream parlor.

Skill of Choice:
Repulsion.

Personality:
Despite her supposedly "pure" upbringing, Alana is the Queen Bee of adulthood; A witty go-getter with no heart. Upon first look, you could say she looks rather intimidating or constantly disappointed in the world around her, and you wouldn't be wrong. Alana is one of the most stubborn people you'll ever meet, as well as manipulative with humor darker than the Earth's core.
She prefers to see herself as a logical and head-strong woman who has what it takes, but it's more than common for her to try and make things seem smaller than they appear. She's all about details; Alana is a sucker for them. The big picture of things, to the Chinese-born, is just something people say to encourage others to think outside the box. As a person who permanently resides outside of said box, toning things down for a relaxing environment is one of Alana's best traits. You can always count on her to feel as laid-back as possible, if you can ignore her formidable and distant aura.
Alana does her best at keeping up with the latest-well, everything. If you were thinking of buying a gorgeous pair of high heels you saw during a fashion show for your next birthday, Alana will be sure to wear them the next day to strut around with an elegant humbleness, only to glide past your tears. One of the reasons she feels she's meant to be an actress if because she knows all of the right people. If being an actress doesn't work out, she has 5 different people on speed-dial who could get her just as high-paying jobs, if not higher.
A flaw of Alana's is that even though she has all the connections she'll ever need because of her past, she wouldn't be able to say she had too many friends. She has the typical popular girl surrounded by groupies issue, but she's used to it. She is easily despondent towards people who won't meet up to her expectations, and apparently her hopes are past the Heavens. Alana still has a few key friends who support her in everything she does, and she's able to be her regular teasing and chill self around them.

Background:
Alana, surprisingly enough, grew up as the daughter of a priest well-known for his extremists views. Her family consisted of strict Christians and with 3 older brothers who were almost brainwashed into the same religious views, the verses of the Bible were laws to live by that rained down upon her constantly. Alana, being the naive and obedient daughter she was, tried her best to make her family proud by memorizing everything she could. It still sickens her to this day that the words of the Bible are still etched in her mind and that she can still answer questions about it in a heartbeat, like which verse was the one that talked about not getting tattoos (Leviticus 19:28 she remembered, memories fading back to painful beatings) or who asked what exactly truth meant (John 18:38, which was something her parents would make her read when they had to deal with a liar at Church).
As Alana grew older, she wanted to lash out even more. The whole idea of a higher entity never made sense to her, and it didn't make any more sense when she was being smacked around with a belt (with a cross etched onto it, obviously) for complaining about the 2 hour services. While learning about World Religions in school at around the age of 13, which was someone her family was very against, it dawned on Alana that she was an Atheist. It matched with all of her views, but there was one problem. Knowing what she knew now, it was a fact Alana's parents would disown her and her brothers would throw her out of the house for being an Atheist. She wanted to leave her family with everything she had, but she knew she had nowhere to go. All of that was forgotten though, when her eldest brother overheard her convincing a few other girls at Church in a secluded corner that there is no God, and that you just rot in a pretty little hole when you die.
Needless to say, Alana's suspicions were right. Her father actually tried to exorcise her since he wasn't convinced Alana wasn't his real daughter, but her mother was simple and directed her to the nearest homeless shelter. It was traumatizing being thrown out of her own house at the age of 14. She wondered about how she'd make it to school, or if her parents would start caring if they found her dead in a ditch somewhere, but the biggest thing she need was shelter. After countless hours of wandering around with a backpack and 2 luggage bags, she was approached by 2 boys who seemed around her age. After a short and convincing conversation on Alana's behalf, the boys promised her a place to stay if she helped them with getting rid of something. Long story short, Alana ended up selling boxes among boxes of narcotics to some suburban business men. And as horrible as it was to say, it was the most fun she had in her whole life.
The boys, who she now refers to her as her squad, held up their end of the deal and let her stay at their place; a rundown apartment that was in better shape than it should have been. It turns out the boys, Zeek and Trey, were in a similar position as Alana. After a night full of fizzy drinks and disgustingly sweet candies, they all promised to stick together until they get back onto their feet. It seemed like a young and childish decision, but at the time it was the best sense of family Alana had ever felt.
After years of a few things Alana isn't proud of, countless acting gigs, many trips to clubs, and restless nights, Alana's a 19 year old ice-cold diva who is stuck working at an ice-cream parlor that even compare to her coldness. She's proud of her religion, but it's still a touchy subject for her to debate on. She recently lost an audition to a 17 year old ballerina who could recite the alphabet backwards in French and Italian, which is really one of the only things that has caused her distress in months. In an effort to remind her how 'flawless' she happens to be, Zeek and Trey got her reservations for a supposedly haunted inn. Being the smart ass she was, Alana gladly accepted the gift with skeptical hands.

Additional Information:
Alana fluently speaks English and Chinese, and is learning Arabic.
After being kicked out of her home, Alana took up contortion and because of it is extremely flexible in the strangest of ways.

(I got really into this. Sorry! :D)

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.