The Love of the Young

Flirting a little with some of the young women in the village, Renk was feeling a lot better the more he walked. Grabbing hold of his slingshot and pebble bag, he decided to go looking for some more stones. The bag was getting a little light, and if he happened to come across a rabbit or a pheasant all the better. Putting his short sword back in its leather sheath, he headed for the trees that surrounded one side of the village, reaching all the way to the lake.

Kita giggled as a breeze tickled his bare stomache and sat up slowly, yawning. He'd had a good day, troll attack aside, and now that the sun was getting hotter he decided to slowly head back to the cooler lake, bouncing a little with every step in his happiness. He wished he could share some of this beauty with the village, but if he did, he'd have no time to be free and care free and speak in his peoples musical tongue.

He began to sing again happily, a song of how a flower came to bloom in the rain, the tune happy and light like the rain bouncing off of it's petals. Nothing could ruin this moment!

Picking up stones and tossing aside the ones that didn't look like they'd be very good projectiles, Renk wandered towards the lake. The water softened pebbles he would find there would be perfect for slingshot stones. He had found some of the best projectiles there in the past.

As he neared the edge of the trees, he was surprised to hear singing. He stepped out, and saw a figure in the middle of the lake. The words were still a little unclear but Renk could tell the voice was very good.

He stared up at the sky and continued singing happily, floating towards the edge. He felt quite hungry and walked out, heading towards the bushes to find some berries to munch on, freezing a few feet away from the bushes when he relized he was standing there in front of...

He hurriedly covered his mark, although it was pointless since the on on his left thigh was a dead give away to what he really was but his feet seemed glued to the ground. He didn't feel at all embarrassed at his beautiful body being bare to another's eyes, his body muscled, but the muscles lean. His finger's itched for the bow he didn't have so that maybe....

He sighed and hung his head, whirrling and racing back towards the lake. If he could get out to the middle, maybe Renk would leave...

Renk quickly realized he was staring and felt himself flush before he turned his head.

"Er, sorry!" he called out. "I'll just return later! Ah, my deepest apologies!"

And then he turned and ran back into the trees. Which was odd, because he prided himself on not running from just anything...

When he got to the edge he checked over his shoulder and blinked in surprise. He... was safe? He smiled in releif and quickly pulled on his clothes. Maybe he should probably go make sure so that they wouldn't find him in the nude...

He quickly walked through the forest, humming softly to himself as he went. Okay so Renk hadn't seen anything. Good. He'd been... He blushed. Oh, he'd been staring at him. Well... maybe he'd thought he was a girl and then he freaked out when he saw his...

Oh boy this was a bit of a problem... He just hoped Renk wasn't to miffed about looking at a naked man...

Renk was actually blushing, he realized about halfway through the woods when he finally slowed down. He hadn't really thought about...

He shook his head. Who cared about how much he admired another man's physique? It was only natural to check out the physical condition of a potential male rival!

Frowning, and maybe even pouting a little, Renk wouldn't admit he liked seeing Kita in the bare flesh.

He hurried along, thinking deeply to himself as he fiddled with his shirt buttons and cover his glowing symbol back up. Then he suddenly found him sprawled out on the forest floor on top of some one, that some one being....
He blushed darkly and crawled off. "Uh.. ah... uhm..." He stuttered weakly, looking down at the ground. "I-I'm sorry Renk..." He murmured. "I wasn't paying attention... Uh... I'm sorry about before too..."

Renk looked at Kita and blinked a couple times before the words sunk in and his face went red once more.

"N-nah, don't worry about it, that was my fault..." he muttered, slowly standing up. "And this was my fault too, shouldn't've been paying so much attention looking for stones..." Not that he had been looking for stones at the time, but it was an excuse that would make sense.

"Ah oh... uhm.... can I help you...?" He kind of... wanted to... be around Renk. He flushed. Oh boy, this was kind of weird. "I-uh-I mean-" He fumbled to not make that sound so weird, blushing even darker so that the roots of his hair stained pink. Oh man, he felt so... akward...

Renk shrugged, trying to relax again.

"Sure. Um, just look for smooth rocks," he told Kita, backing up a step so they could cover more ground. "Or, well, any stones that would be able to go far. Usually they're more smooth..." He was rambling a little, he realized, and quickly shut his mouth.

He, making his cheeks dimple and began to hunt for smooth rocks, finding some after a few moments and continued gathering, humming a pretty song under his breath.

This wasn't to bad, a little soothing in fact. He liked it a lot. He smiled to himself as he kept bending over to peer at a rock every now and again.

Stop looking! Renk told himself after his eyes wandered to Kita yet again. What was going on with him today? Think of something, anything!

Renk's eyes wandered again, this time right before he could move to the side of a tree. He hit it head on.

"Oof!" he exclaimed, bouncing off the tree and onto the ground.

Kita looked over in surprise. "Are you okay?" He walked over and held out his hands to help him up.

Renk took the helping hand.

"Yeah, must be more out of it from earlier than I thought," he mumbled, rubbing the side of his face.

He giggled, cheeks dimpling. "Well, you should watch yourself. I'll fix you up but you'd be unable to move if you keep that up!" He grinned and paused, holding out the handful of stones. "These any good?" His head tilted a little to the side, electric blue eye glinting in the fading sunlight.

"Yeah..." Renk said, his cheeks warm. He looked at the stones, and pulled open his bag. "They look great. Here, drop 'em in."

He leaned forwards, his loose shirt falling away from his chest a little and revealing the glowing mark, although he was really to relaxed to notice as he dropped the pebbles in slowly, hoping they wouldn't crack or chip and make them cruddy missiles.

Renk's eyes wandered, though he tried to keep them from doing so, and they stopped on the mark. Without thinking, he pulled at the shirt to get a better look.

"Wha-"

He paused, wondering why Renk was pulling at his shirt and then paled, backing up quickly. "U-uh... it's not.. what it looks like!" He jibberedout in a panicked manner, trembling a little. What was he going to do? Renk had his sword.. he'd be killed!!