The Love of the Young

Renk's eyes brightened with understanding.

"Ah, so you're shy around women!" he said with a chuckle. "Don't worry, it's really not that big of a deal. Do you have one you like or something? Maybe I can give you a hand!"

He laughed. "Ah, not, not really." He blushed. "Not really at all.

Renk frowned. Then what made it so hard to talk to the girls?

"I see... Hmm..."

He nervously picked at the blanket covering his lap, chewing on his lip. He hoped Renk didn't figure it out...

Renk turned the question over in his mind, and then decided it didn't matter anymore and laid down on the floor.

"I'm gonna sleep, so let me know if you need anything," he told Kita as he settled on the floor.

He relaxed. "Alright." He smiled, happy the other decided to drop it. He watched the other secretively out of the corner of his eyes, watching fully once he fell asleep and sighed wistfully. "Whoever gets you is a lucky girl..."

"You almost sound jealous," Renk mumbled, having woke up to shift from being uncomfortable. What was he thinking, sleeping on the floor?

He sighed; oh yeah, it was to be close to Kita....

Renk laughed and shifted again.

"I know, chill. I was joking!" he said, still laughing.

His face went red with embarrassment at Renk's laughter. "S-sorry..." He played with the blanket over his lap.

Renk sat up.

"Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong," he said before standing again. "It's me who should be sorry. I had been the one who went out of line. Of course you aren't jealous. That would be weird right?" He laughed nervously, feeling his chest tighten at the idea, and he wondered why he was saddened by the fact that it would be weird.

"Y-Yeah.... Weird..." He murmured, biting his lip.

Renk blinked.

"Hey, you okay? You don't look too good... Do you need something?"

"Ah no! I-I'm okay..." He murmured, blushing when a flash of him curled up with the other wandered through his head. He had to stop that, not wanting his only male friend to be disgusted and abandon him...

Renk frowned.

"I don't believe you," he said. "What's wrong? You look... troubled..."

"I-It's nothing y-you need to be concerned about..." He murmured, looking in the opposite direction of Renk so he would stop blushing and having weird thoughts.

He laughed. "U-uh... s-so..." He sputtered mentally to try and think of something else to talk about.