The Love of a Rocker

He finished grinding it all up and the took the past into his hand and massaged it into his forehead. After that he massaged it into his throat and then his chest. He sighed and cleaned everything up, leaving it spotless. He then sat down on the sofa, sighing softly.

Sky looked up at him and stopped playing, "Any better?" after noticing what Johnathan had done with the tea and rechecked his temperature, which is going to down and almost to normal.

"Yeah... I'm feeling a bit better..." he said softly. He still looked really tired. He needed to go to town and get something else, in case he didn't have it in his bag. He still had a really bad cough, but the paste was helping the soreness even from the outside of his throat. He could feel it seeping into his skin, and it helped him greatly.

He smiled and started playing again, "Is there anything else you need? I'll be going to town in a bit." setting his guitar to grab another bottle of blood from the fridge.

"I.... I need... rose water... it'll help... with my cough.... Here... I don't want you to waste your money," he said softly. He handed him the money he had wanted to use to pay him for the night. "I'm sorry for being such an inconvenience," he said his eyes drooping. He looked like he was going to fall asleep.

He walked over to him and took the money for the rose water, "You are not being an inconvenience, can you please stop saying that. I don't mind having you here at all. It's actually nice having you here. Get some rest, I'll be back shortly." grabbing his car keys from the hook and heading out to the garage. Driving to town was a task cause of all the snow, but he managed to find the rose water. Within 20 minutes he returned and found Johnathan asleep, he placed the rose water on the table next to the mug and soup and stayed with him downstairs until he awoke.

Johnathan was curled up tightly, almost like a ball. He was very thin, as expected of someone who was homeless. He also had many scars, some were years old and some were still healing. One would have to wonder what had he been through to get those. He sighed in his sleep, the paste he had put on himself all but gone by now, having seeped into his skin and disappeared. He opened his eyes after a little while longer and looked up at Skylar. He sat up slowly and looked at Skylar, rubbing his eyes to wake up more. "Hello," he said, his voice horse and rasppy.

"The rose water is there on the coffee table for you." he said sitting to him. "Is there anything else you need?" looking him in his eyes which were beautiful. Sky wanted to make sure Johnathan was alright since his band mates were coming over to band practice. "Oh I have my band mates coming over to practice, I hope that won't bother you."

Johnathan sat up and nodded his head to him. "Thank you... Oh don't worry about me," he said softly his voice still raspy. When Sky asked how he was, he had reassured him that he was fine. "My throat just hurts is all," he said to him, absentmindedly rubbing his neck. When Sky mentioned his band was coming over and if that was okay, Johnathan gave him a confused look. "Why wouldn't it be okay? It's your home. Would you like it if I made something for you guys to eat after practice? I'm really good at cooking," he said, his voice still horse. He had to boil the rose water and breath in the vapor soon, or he'd loose his voice.

"Well I don't want to disturb you if we get too loud. Gotta be mindful of others even if this is my home. Sure, that would be lovely they usually get hungry after practice and they'll eat anything." smiling softly at him. "We'll be in the basement if you need me." grabbing his acoustic and going upstairs for another one.

"Are they allergic to anything?" he asked, his voice cracking slightly. He coughed into his arm and sighed softly. "I better do the rose water thing soon," he said smiling softly and looking down and grabbing the bottle. He looked at it and still smiled lightly as he stood up and began thinking of what he could make for the group.

"I don't think they're allergic to anything at all. Trust me, they'll eat anything." he said with a soft smile. "If you are up to it, you can watch us practice, but that's up to you." he said from the stair case as he watched Johnathan go to the kitchen to make the rose water.

Johnathan nodded his head and went to do the treatment. It took ten minutes to get the rose water boiling and then he set the pot aside and put a towel over his head, breathing in and out, already feeling it work on his throat. After a while he felt much better. He washed everything and began making brownies from scratch. He also made a bunch of chicken quesadillas, that he cut into triangles and put on a plate. He also made some dipping sauces and put some breaded chicken breasts in the oven to bake. He went downstairs and brought the food down, the chicken still in the oven. "Sorry to interupt, I hope you guys like homemade brownies, chicken quesadillas, and chicken parm subs in a little while," he said softly, smiling softly. He sounded much better and he set the food on the table, having brought down some plates, napkins and a pitcher of ice tea.

"Oh it's fine." Sky said setting his guitar down. The other band members came running over to the food, "Oh my, these are delicious." one of them said. "Cooked to perfection!" another exclaimed. "Sky, you ought have to him around more often this reminds of my mother's cooking. What's your name?" the last one asked. They were all impressed with Johnathan's cooking. Sky came over and tasted some it. "Really, delicious. Thank you."

Johnathan smiled and blushed bashfully. "I'm Johnathan," he said softly. "I'm gonna go check on the chicken and then I'll bring down the subs in a little while," he said softly smiling to them all. "You guys sound great by the way," he said smiling. He left a moment to check on the chicken and smiled when it was done. He then made the subs, warming up the sauce and then put the subs, now filled with cheese, chicken and sauce. He left them in there just so the cheese would melt. He then brought the food down. "I'd let it sit for a little bit before eating, they're still hot. If you want anything specific you can let me know," he said softly.

"Pleasure to meet you." the band mates chimed in. "Oh goody, more food." one of them diving in and took a bite of it almost burning his tongue. The others laughed, "Should've waited." said the bassist. "I know, but I love food." said the drummer who burnt his tongue. "We will, don't worry" Sky said. "Johnathan, do you play any instruments? We're in need of another." smiling softly at his. He noticed a change in his health and started to have an attraction towards him. "

Johnathan smiled and looked at everyone smiling softly. "Umm... no I don't play any instruments... I'm sorry, I never had the chance to learn. I can sing... if that counts," he said, rubbing the back of his neck bashfully. "How were the brownies?" he asked, noticing all the brownies were gone. He learned how to sing from just listening to music and such. He didn't think he was any good but he didn't think as he said he could.

Everyone looks at each other, "We can use a singer." Sky said throwing him the mic. "Brownies, were awesome." one of the band mates applied. "Let's take it from the top." Sky handed him the lyrics.

Johnathan nodded his head. He looked nervous going over the lyrics in his head just before the music started. He opened his mouth and began to sing. It was a soft clear voice that fit with the music perfectly. He was good, even though he thought he was terrible.

Sky looked at the other members in awe before the song was over. "Johnathan, I must say you are amazing. That was really good, would like to join? We're opening up for another band on Saturday." smiling softly at his house guest. "You've done so much for me by cleaning, this is the only way I can repay you."