The Lotus War based RP (Steampunk Feudal Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan: Duke of Beards

Duke of Mustache-Beard-Combos to be precise.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Pretty much all the time. Central Standard time.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Futanari
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Romance, can do Furry, sub/dom, slave, monster girls. Open to just about anything.
To avoid awkward conversations, I'm looking for girl roleplayers! I'm a guy, and feel really weird playing sexy stuff with another dude! And READ THE PROMPT! If you ignore half of the things I put on here (this included), I'll deny your request. I play in first person and in PMs, can be talked into playing in a thread.

So, I just finished reading the Lotus Wars book series, and I'm happy-sad the way things ended, but I do want more.

For those of you who haven't read it (Not surprised, it's not well known), the basic premise is the setting is in a steampunk feudal Japan. Yea. Samurai, shoguns, daimyos, all that good stuff. There are some other things as well.

The country's name is Shima(fictional Japan). While there used to be many many different clans, there now only remain 4 zaibatsu, The Tiger clan(Tora), Phoenix clan(Fushicho), Dragon clan(Ryu), and Fox clan(Kitsune), each ruled by a Daimyo, except for Tiger clan, as they are ruled by the Shogun, who also presides over the other daimyo's. Everyone from each clan has their clan's ink tattooed on their right arm. Tiger has a tiger, phoenix has a phoenix, dragon has a dragon, fox has a fox (nine-tailed of course). Burakumin are low born, 'clanless'. They bare no clan 'irezumi'. Irezumi is the tattoo itself. The bigger, and more elaborate, the more wealthy the bearer is.

Then there is the Guild. They are a cult of sorts, but they have brought the 'blood lotus' to Shima. Their motto is 'the lotus must bloom'. But first, the Guild. The Guild as I said, is a cult of sorts. You are only born into it. There are Artificers, who deal in mechanical things like tools and weapons. They wear a suit of heavy brass, power armor of sorts with jet packs, fueled by chi, a helmet with a single eye slot, a long red, ovular shape. There are the Lotusmen, that usually help on ships to keep chi (fuel made from blood lotus) flowing in the ship, and to keep the chi distributed throughout Shima. They wear a brass suit as well, still power armor, but they have two eye holes instead. Then there the Purifiers. They take the accused 'yokai-kin' to the pillars, test them to see if they are, and if they are, they set them alight and kill them.

EDIT: Another sect of the Guild are the 'False-Lifers'. These are what the females of the Guild are made to do. Attache to their spinal cord, right between their shoulder blades is a silver metal orb, attached to said orb are 8 silver tentacle/spider-like limbs with razors on the ends. They wear a muddy brown membrane over their bodies, two glowing red eyes on their masks, their waists pinched tight into waspish proportions, unhealthy really.

And finally there are the Inquisitors. They wear black cloaks, and what looks like a full-faced breather, shaped into a smile across their mouth and nose. Their eyes are bloodshot and their skin grey. The 'breather' simply pumps chi smoke into their lungs, and they do nothing but inhale it all day, seeing visions.

Guild members when they are old enough, all are forced to inhale a lungful of chi smoke, to see their What Will Be. It's a vision of their future, to see what they are destined to do in their lives. Some are great feats for the guild, others are what they will eat for breakfast in a week. But all Guildsmen's What Will Be, Will Be. It is predetermined.

END EDIT.

Yokai-kin are people that bear the Kenning. The Kenning is interesting. It is passed down through blood lines, and is actually fairly rare. 'Yokai-kin' means 'Spirit touched' (I think). As for the Kenning... It allows the person to speak to animals through mental connection... Sometimes they can speak to people, but it's rare and they have to be very strong.

Then there is the blood lotus. The blood lotus is toxic. It poisons the ground around it to the point in which it is unusable by anyone. It turns the soil to ash after a few months of harvesting. But the guild came up with something called 'inochi'. It's a fertilizer that staves off the poisoning of the blood lotus, keeping it at bay to harvest for a few years. Blood lotus is processed into chi, a fuel for everything that is mechanical in Shima, and it's exhausts are highly poisonous (think like our emissions now, but make the skies red, the oceans grey, the earth black and bubbling, and most every animal in the wild dead, all in a matter of like, 100 years or so. We're no where near that point.). Some people on sky ships (dirigibles that are flown faster using chi thrusters) end up getting 'black-lung', a form of cancer that fills your lungs with black fluid/ash and you slowly suffocate to death, much like emphysema. Most everyone in Kigen (Shima capital) has to wear a breather, that staves off black-lung, and hopefully they'll die in their sleep due to old age rather than through the grips of black-lung. But even due to the dangers of chi, people still use it. Some even smoke it. The fumes are highly hallucinogenic, and many 'cloud-walkers'(crew members of skyships) become addicted to it. People that smoke the stuff often, obviously addicted, are called chi-mongers, skin grey, eyes blood-shot. They'll die quicker than most due to black-lung.

Inochi is made from the blood of gaijin(foreigners), slaves from a war far to the east (I think), people who the Shimans have been fighting with for 20 years. They literally grind up the slaves; women, children, everyone. The gaijin hate Shima, and they basically used bottled lightning(literally, they have lightning rods on oil-rig type things that just collect power from lightning strikes) to power their everything, really environmentally friendly.

There are a group of rebels that are fighting against the Guild and the lotus. They are the Kagé, and they burn lotus fields all around Shima in the dead of night.

And that's just the setting!

The main protagonist is a young Kitsune(as the clan, not ears and tail) girl named Yukiko. She has the Kenning. Her father is the Black Fox of Shima, a great hunter of the Shogun's court. When the series starts, she, her father, and his/her two hunting partners Akihito and Kasumi, were all sent by Yoritomo-no-miya to hunt a fabled Arashatora(literally 'thunder tiger'. You'll be more familiar with a gryphon. Just that they can FLAP THEIR WINGS AND CAUSE THUNDER-SONIC-BOOMS. YEA...)

Yukiko, the Kenning, thunder-tiger, animal. See where it's going? Yea. There is a such thing as a Stormdancer, who rides a thunder tiger. They all have the Kenning, and convinced the creature to let them ride for some reason. Yoritomo-no-miya wishes to ride the beast, but he is not gifted, he is just a sadistic fuck.

Guess who's going to ride it?

***​

So! I want to play something like this! ^__^" I'm not too concrete on the plot. Yukiko ends up having a love interest in a Guild defector named Kin, who was on the ship she was when they went to hunt the tiger, and she saved him as it crashed. But I don't want to play a guild member, I'm thinking of something wild, but would like to explain more as we discuss.

Of course, you'd be playing the 'Yukiko' character, but will be able to make her your own (Hey, relax, you get to ride a FUCKING THUNDER SHOOTING GRYPHON). In the books, she starts as 16, but I'm not into underaged stuff, so she'll be 18 to start off.

We can change things up too, I enjoy monster girls and sometimes furries, so if you'd like to incorporate that stuff, we can talk about it (if you want to be a literal kitsune, we can talk it out :P )

If you're interested, let me know! ^__^

P.S. I'm starting a job soon, so I won't be on as much as I'd like, but I'll try to get messages out when I can. It might be some time before I can get a good start though.

Anyway, other stuff! :D

***​

READ THE KINKS, SERIOUSLY.

Kinks I enjoy (bold I enjoy more): Sub/(affectionate)Dom, BDSM, mind break, petplay, cat/cow/monstergirls (goes with petplay),slave,collaring, spanking , nipple play, lactation, harems (optional, but would be enjoyed), public, transformation, anal (not on me), deepthroating, yiffs/furries, assorted others.

^ These are all just things I like to do! We aren't limited to these and we don't have to use all of them! :)

Limits: Blood, piss, shit, vomit, abusive BDSM(50 Shades of Grey is 'abusive BDSM'. It's not real BDSM, it's an abusive relationship), mutilation, ageplay, incest, assorted others.

***​
Copy and paste this and fill it out!

Name:

Age(18+):

Clan:

Disposition(Nice, sweet, shy, mean, bitchy, etc.):

Height:

Eye color (you wouldn't believe how often I forget this fuckin' option...):

Hair color/length:

Cup size(Shrugs I like boobs, preferably DD cup to I cup):

Body type(also like wide hips, large butt, nice thighs with long legs .__. But it's your character.):

Skin tone/color(if not normal skin color):

Weapons(something simple like a tanto or something, wild stuff comes later):

Hobbies:

Clothes:

Special Characteristics:

Other(Stuff I should know that won't be in exposition later on):

Last edited:
Made a quick edit, had to edit in two types of Guild members.

Still looking.

Still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.