The Lost soul at Ravens perch

• Thread starter The Fox and The Spider
  • Start date
T

The Fox and The Spider

Original poster
The relentless howling winds of frostbite gale have proven themselves a worthy adversary. The rolling pearl dunes of fresh snow reflected the sunlight gloriously, their glare testing her emerald eyes as she traversed this hostile realm. The distant cries of yetis pierced the silence, a harrowing reminder that Jade was not alone. The enigma was out of her element, far from the stale air and stagnant temperature of her home. This world of light and cerulean skies, proved difficult for one conceived in a tempestuous world.

The open spaces seemed a threat when compared to the cramp systems of tunnels that made up her ancestral abode. Yet the distant cries of birds, star littered evenings and cycle of the moons told of a splendid beauty, one she was deprived of as a youth. Often she wondered if the stories of her ancestors from eons past were true? Could one of blacken heart and shriveled soul truly have dwelt in such a world? The day light drained her of her strength, whilst the frigid winds tested her endurance and will to survive. Even during noon, Jade's legs became heavy as they numbed under the wintry grip of the snow.​

For years this wasteland was her home, living as a nomadic loner, keeping her distance from the races of this world. For she had experienced more than once the welcome one of her birth received, torches and sword brandished towards her, as groups marched with a single intent, to kill. She could not fault them for their ill budded and ill placed perspectives. As a being neither dead nor living, with no hole in heaven or hole, she proved an unknown factor. Most beings of celestial heritage harmed mortals, considering them as insects that dared to scurry from the light of their glory.Yet this was not her way, however this didn't matter, all that truly mattered were the perception of those around her.​

Perception...the very word evokes a chill down her spine, one that would make the foulest of winds green with envy. Perception had proven her most gruesome foe, followed next by none other than solitude. These two antagonists could not be stopped by steel nor magic, no physical force could retard their destructive path. No matter how fast her flight, it always lurked behind Jade, reaching out as if to suffocate her under the sheets of ice and snow.​

Winter was ending, soon the snow would melt under the beating rays of the sun. The smell of spice will hang heavy in the air, promising festivities for those who called this land their home. Yet no such luxury awaited her, she was doomed to watch from afar, panting, thirsting for but a drop of companionship. Long ago she proved foolish enough to assume such a life was best, that she was not meant to mingle with her neighbors. But season after season of silence, she began to second guess the validity in her logic.​

No wolf, no matter how strong, can survive without the aid of the pack. The only thing that drove her through such troublesome times, that forced her to endure the tumultuous snow and relentless predators of the land was instinct. With each setting sun she felt her grasp on her mind slipping, as more and more ground was given to the beast that lurked within. The instinct that once had proven her strength, was slowly killing her. ​

A heavy sigh parted from those luscious lips, as those emerald eyes did narrow, attempting to ward off the chilly gust of wind that kicked up flakes of snow; hurling them chaotically throughout the dreary scene. In the distance she could make out the rolling columns of blacken smoke, the only sign that in the distance lurked a small settlement. The humans of this village tolerated her existence, a soothing notion to this weary and tortured soul. Still it was not enough, tolerance was not acceptance, tolerance was not companionship. ​

The insipid venom that was loneliness once again had begun to sting within her. Causing her facial muscles to contort as she flinched. There perched on a stone column she peered out into the empty distance, wondering how many others were like her? How many others sought a place in a world that cared not for their existence? A morbid thought that did little to ward off her inner turmoil.​

Casually Jade's fingers drummed against the porcelain like bone mask that obscured a portion of her picturesque face. This demonic mask was part of her, a testament that hinted toward her insidious heritage. The nefarious blood that coursed throughout her veins, a taint that most would much rather seen stricken than linger. With eyes gazing heavenward, and slender hand stretched toward the sun as if it grasp it. She pondered the fate of her twin brother, who shared the same grief and fate as she.​

Jade knew it was not wise to dwell on such thoughts, but she could not avert her gaze from the truth of her existence. Suffering from a duality, part of her wanted to become the monster most thought her to be, whilst a portion of her wanted nothing more than to be known by the contents of her character. Though seldom did such an absurd notion seem plausible. ​

There on Ravens perch she rested, the infamous home of the demon, the man slayer, the omen that the church had labeled a mutant unfit for life. The locals knew of her nest, but feared to uproot her, less her unnatural strength and wrath barrel down on them. ​

Hunter lived on the outskirts of the small settlement. He has 10 siblings. or at least he thought they were his siblings. He lived in an orphanage his whole life.He has known what it is like to suffer for a long time. Hunter has not really been accepted by the kids at the orphanage. It has been a burden he was tired of carrying on his own. He also has been crushed by the weight of loneliness for as long as he can remember.

Hunter was taking a long walk outside on a warm winter day. He was thinking and hoping there was someone out there that can accept him. He was hoping for companionship. Right at that moment, he realized he wondered a bit too far out of the settlement. Then, he came across a place he heard of before. The place was called Raven's perch. He realized this is where that creature lived. He also heard that this creature was still human and that everyone in the village has tolerated her existence.
Everybody in the settlement was afraid of this girl. But Hunter thought very different of her. He felt bad for her. This girl is the reason why Hunter found strength to keep living in the orphanage instead of running away . When hunter was exploring Raven's perch, he accidentally came across the girl he was thinking about. "Hey I know you" hunter said.

Vainly those emerald irises of hers tried to pierce through the glare of the sun against the rolling dunes of snow. Concerned so much with the threats that awaited her beyond her reach, that one close by slipped through her keen eyes. A young man, an urchin judging by the way he dressed, called out to her without fear. This being was a brave one, to venture so far from the safety of the walls, to entire her domain without so much as a brandish weapon. The sight disturbed her as much as it flattered her, birthing flustered emotions.

<o:p> </o:p>

From her seated position she pounced, landing both feet gracefully on the snow. Tossing up a thin cloud of frost as she peered into those eyes of his. Her fingers drummed against the hilt of her sheathed blade, as they watched him intently. A sense of tension and caution caused the muscles of her ace to contort, expressing her own inner disposition. "You know me?" She scoffed under her breath, averting her gaze earthward as she gathered her composure once more.

<o:p> </o:p>

"You must be mistaken, for I know not who you be? Ho then can you know me?" She questioned, knowing that he knew of her, however remained ignorant of what she was. She could tell that he meant no offense, but the urchin could still prove dangerous.
For things were seldom as they seemed.

"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you but I do know you" Hunter said."I keep hearing these horrible stories about you". He gave a sad look on his face when he said that. "I don't like the way the people in the village treat you". "I never thpought of you as a monster" he said. Then he was about to say something. "I........ I....." he could'int get the words out of his mouth. I feel bad for you". Hunter did'int like getting too deep into conversations. Just as the sun was setting he asked" Do you have a real name by the way?"