The Lost Mysteries IC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marston laughed aloud. It seemed a bit more creepy then his anger.

"Alright, you have a deal." He snapped his fingers and a worker came running with a pad, as he held it out and spoke.

"Local wifi, online banking. Transfer...." He made a calculation and named a sum.

"This much and we'll call it even. After, come see me in my office. You earned it kid."

And off he walked away, yelling a command to his workers.

------

"They're ending work for today."

Rain said with a blink before chuckling.

"Alright, come with us. We're heading to the Reservation to celebrate and we can talk there."

A.) Go to the Reservation

B.) Go to Marstons Office

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @york
"Like, why didn't I think of that, Scoob? We spend like zero cash unless it's on food or gas out of that trust fund of mine. Man, I gotta start remembering I'm rich more often, huh buddy? In any event I think you and I will fit in better with Rain at the Reservation than we would with Grumpy Old Marston, so that's where I'm going. You coming along Scoob?" Shaggy chuckled as he had overlooked an obvious - albeit temporary - solution to a problem.

@Ringmaster @york @LuckycoolHawk9
Kiana Ortiz
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

Kiana carefully read the exact sum of the money she had to pay up... On the downside, her savings would take a hit, but that was recoverable, she just wouldn't make a habbit out of doing things like this, but on the bright side, this was the money she had taken to spite her family, so it wasn't much of a big loss, if at all. Before she left though, she turned to Rain for a moment.

"I'm tying up a couple loose ends... I'll join the party later." She said simply.

While she would have loved to party, she decided the best course of action was to head to Marston's office for now, the least she could do was figure out what he knew about all of this. On the other hand, she'd have to be carefull now that he knew of her heritage; not that she cared that much about her family, but... She might have just painted a target on her back with some less than savory folks in the heat of the moment, but oh well. They don't call her "K.O." for nothing.​

Marston laughed aloud. It seemed a bit more creepy then his anger.

"Alright, you have a deal." He snapped his fingers and a worker came running with a pad, as he held it out and spoke.

"Local wifi, online banking. Transfer...." He made a calculation and named a sum.

"This much and we'll call it even. After, come see me in my office. You earned it kid."

And off he walked away, yelling a command to his workers.

------

"They're ending work for today."

Rain said with a blink before chuckling.

"Alright, come with us. We're heading to the Reservation to celebrate and we can talk there."

A.) Go to the Reservation

B.) Go to Marstons Office
"Like, why didn't I think of that, Scoob? We spend like zero cash unless it's on food or gas out of that trust fund of mine. Man, I gotta start remembering I'm rich more often, huh buddy? In any event I think you and I will fit in better with Rain at the Reservation than we would with Grumpy Old Marston, so that's where I'm going. You coming along Scoob?" Shaggy chuckled as he had overlooked an obvious - albeit temporary - solution to a problem.
James considered his options very carefully about what to do. It was Kiana who had gotten Marston to talk and he wasn't about to steal her glory. He looked at the dog and Shaggy. " I will be joining you and Scooby at the reservation. It just seems safer. Besides we don't to make the businessman even more mad," he said to him, knowing that making the protestors had been the workers leaving for the day. He wasn't stupid.

Scooby nodded to Shaggy.

Fred headed for Maston's office.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @york

@Ringmaster @york @LuckycoolHawk9
James considered his options very carefully about what to do. It was Kiana who had gotten Marston to talk and he wasn't about to steal her glory. He looked at the dog and Shaggy. " I will be joining you and Scooby at the reservation. It just seems safer. Besides we don't to make the businessman even more mad," he said to him, knowing that making the protestors had been the workers leaving for the day. He wasn't stupid.

Scooby nodded to Shaggy.
BBQ at the Stoker Ranch. Along with what looked like half the reservation. Rain herself rocked back and forth on her porch, plate in hand before asking.

"Alright. What did you want to-"

------------

"-Ask?"

In the office, Marston regarded the two idly before he added.

"You saved me a days work of wages and my time table is free...For now. But I would like to hear what you want, exactly. I have enough coots coming at me."

Reactions: Michale CS
BBQ at the Stoker Ranch. Along with what looked like half the reservation. Rain herself rocked back and forth on her porch, plate in hand before asking.

"Alright. What did you want to-"'

James wasn't sure what to make now that he was here. There were so many questions to ask, but he decided to start with the simplest and most basic question.

" What can you tell me about the Night Mare?" He asked.

------------
Fred considered his option.

He could ask the dumb question, but he decided to ask the simplest question first.

" What can you tell me about when the Night Mare started to appear? Besides the protestors, did you make any enemies in town? Who has the most to gain from this?"

"Alright. What did you want to-"

------------

"-Ask?"

In the office, Marston regarded the two idly before he added.

"You saved me a days work of wages and my time table is free...For now. But I would like to hear what you want, exactly. I have enough coots coming at me."

Kiana Ortiz
@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Kiana cracked her knuckes for a moment, before she crossed her arms.

"First. I'd like to hear everything you know about the nightmare." She said.

Then, brushing a lock of hair away from her face, she suddenly leaned in alot closer to Marston's desk.

"Second... I need access to the mines. I have a little work to do around that site. A mystery to solve, you could say." She added, her tone was as cool, and level as ever.

Though, she was keeping the full details of her little investigation a secret; though she did have some work to do around that mining site, her real goal was to put a cap on the mystery of the nightmare... And get a conclusive result on whether or not the thing actually existed.

The last thing she wanted, was to have blown a good fraction of her savings for nothing, after all... And she would do everything in her power, to make sure that would not be the case.

"Alright. What did you want to-"'

James wasn't sure what to make now that he was here. There were so many questions to ask, but he decided to start with the simplest and most basic question.

" What can you tell me about the Night Mare?" He asked.

------------
Fred considered his option.

He could ask the dumb question, but he decided to ask the simplest question first.

" What can you tell me about when the Night Mare started to appear? Besides the protestors, did you make any enemies in town? Who has the most to gain from this?"

"Like, this Night Mare dude seems to want kinda the same thing you want, right? To scare people off the burial ground. So, like not that I'm saying this is true, man, but it's awfully convenient that a spooky guy shows up to do exactly what you guys want to do. None of you cats know who this night mare is for real?"

He asked this of the protesters in general, not just Rain.

@york @Ringmaster

Kiana cracked her knuckes for a moment, before she crossed her arms.
Marston looked at her and debated telling her the truth. They had volunteered to help.

He paused and decided to brush it off and lie boldly. " I told you all I know about the nightmare, he haunts my ranch and no, Mr. Jones I can't think of any enemies I have who would do this."

Marston was reluctant to give them to access to the mines. He didn't want to have a bunch of kids mucking up his business. " Fine, but if you break anything, you buy it," he replied.

He wasn't sure why she wanted access to the mines, but once this case was over, the better it would be for business. He didn't need this monster to scare off all his workers and he did know the reputation of most of the people here. Why those kids weren't working together was beyond him though.

" If that is all you want, you can leave my office. I may not have work to do, but a day at home after his whole fiasco would also do me wonders too," he said to her and Fred. He was throwing them out.

@york

The voice of one of the protesters pitched in. " It's magic, the spirits are on our sides and want that man to pay for his crimes. Nothing suspicious about that," the protestor said to the gang. Velma could be seen rolling her eyes. She didn't believe the man and was being quiet to not yell at him for believing such things.

Rain turned to James. "Besides the fact that it appeared in the mines, in town and by the Marston ranch, nothing. It has left many of us just as stumped."

" Okay. I guess that is all we can do for now. Perhaps Kiana had more luck."

" Perhaps she has," Velma said.

@Michale CS

Marston looked at her and debated telling her the truth. They had volunteered to help.

He paused and decided to brush it off and lie boldly. " I told you all I know about the nightmare, he haunts my ranch and no, Mr. Jones I can't think of any enemies I have who would do this."

Marston was reluctant to give them to access to the mines. He didn't want to have a bunch of kids mucking up his business. " Fine, but if you break anything, you buy it," he replied.

He wasn't sure why she wanted access to the mines, but once this case was over, the better it would be for business. He didn't need this monster to scare off all his workers and he did know the reputation of most of the people here. Why those kids weren't working together was beyond him though.

" If that is all you want, you can leave my office. I may not have work to do, but a day at home after his whole fiasco would also do me wonders too," he said to her and Fred. He was throwing them out.

@york
Kiana Ortiz
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

Kiana snorted a little.

"That it? Fine, I'll get going." She said shrugging a little.

They had access to the mines, that was what she had hoped for, granted she still got thrown out, which well, didn't leave her with a very pleasant feeling. With a small huff, she turned heel and began to leave.

"Sweet dreams, Marston." She muttered under her breath.

After her parting words, she motioned to Fred briskly.

"We should tell the others." She said simply.

It was apparent she was ready to meet the others at the reservation, she did say she would join up later... And now, with the Marston thing dealt with, she had a chance to do just that.​

Status
Not open for further replies.