The Lost Mysteries IC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Does everyone know about this thing?!"

A moment later from a close table, someone on a laptop began to laugh as he called over his shoulder.

"Preeeetty much. If they weren't curious before, with that van outside? They certainly are now."

He finished his work, showing a glimpse of his wallpaper-A white background and a blue pine tree before turning his head as he grinned.

efebbde9735f01d78831bffa0c345fc5.jpg

"As it is, the Paranet is buzzing like crazy. People are curious and the real seekers all end up here."

Velma blinked.

"Wait, the Paranet? I thought that was a hoax!"

Dipper shook his head.

"Nope. Its as real as tumblr and 4chan and just as serious in its aim as them....Maybe more. Point is, yes the Paranet exists. Its the best way people like us stay connected."

He adopted a lecturing pose, one finger raised to the air.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

"The Paranet is an online community of ghost hunters, monster trappers and even reputably, people with magical talent. Everyone who doesn't enjoy the protection of the heavy hitters. Normally, they tend to keep an eye on each other and share information if anything bad is going down-But they also act as a paranormal hotline. They advertise self-defense classes in local areas and on occasion, post information that may be useful. That's one of my duties as a 'Netter. So right now, you got pretty much every occult hunter, detective and otherwise wanting to look into this...But very few experienced."

He shrugged briefly and added.

"But-Did you hear that?"

It was a faint sound, right before the power went out. People began to scream and Velma stared at the window, as something bright outside approached.

And then a horses scream pierced the night.

@~Dark Disney~ @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @york
"Zoinks! Like, what was that?" Shaggy stared at his burger skeptically for a moment."You don't think that they use horse meat in these burgers, do ya?"

Then he realized what was going on. The scaredy cat act was just an act, except when the danger was real and it was no joke. But there were were 'fans' here so he had to put on airs.

He crept over, hunched down, towards the window, and took a peek. "Please don't let it be a headless horseman, please don't let it be a headless horseman, please don't let it be a headless horseman..." he chanted while he peeked.

@Ringmaster
Kiana Ortiz
@~Dark Disney~ @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Others?

Kiana had been trying to listen to the sudden exposition, coming from "laptop boy", as she decided to call him for now, but well... The abrupt interruption thanks to some screams and the power going out, coupled with some lights outside quickly distracted her. Naturally, her first reaction was to put up her dukes, preparing for a fight, and her second was to try and peer out the window from her position to see what she could see.

"Halloween already?" She asked, in a mostly sarcastic manner.

Though, this was mostly done to cover for her well, slightly "ruffled" state, as she still wasn't quite sure what they'd encounter... Maybe it was just some wannabe prankster, scaring folks left and right, or maybe they would actually run into some paranormal activity, the latter of which she had experienced only once before... In a much more subtle fashion, of course.​

"Its a little after sunset now. And that sounds....Odd. Very odd."

Why pay that much to get him here? Why that amount of money? If they hired him, they would hardly just knock him out and send him here, right? Moreover...The fact he was mugged as well didn't sit so well for whatever reason and she finally sighed out.

"Well, at any rate? I think we have everything-"
" Well, I guess there could be worse things. I only lost a few hours- give or take some time transition," he said.

He wondered why they had picked that amount and tried to mug him and not take much. There was still thing that didn't make sense to the detective for hire. He looked at her and wondered if the sigh meant that she was just as much in the dark as he was. It probably did and that honestly sucked.

He looked over and saw a new girl and he wasn't sure what to say.
"Does everyone know about this thing?!"

A moment later from a close table, someone on a laptop began to laugh as he called over his shoulder.

"Preeeetty much. If they weren't curious before, with that van outside? They certainly are now."

He finished his work, showing a glimpse of his wallpaper-A white background and a blue pine tree before turning his head as he grinned.

efebbde9735f01d78831bffa0c345fc5.jpg

"As it is, the Paranet is buzzing like crazy. People are curious and the real seekers all end up here."

Velma blinked.

"Wait, the Paranet? I thought that was a hoax!"

Dipper shook his head.

"Nope. Its as real as tumblr and 4chan and just as serious in its aim as them....Maybe more. Point is, yes the Paranet exists. Its the best way people like us stay connected."

He adopted a lecturing pose, one finger raised to the air.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

"The Paranet is an online community of ghost hunters, monster trappers and even reputably, people with magical talent. Everyone who doesn't enjoy the protection of the heavy hitters. Normally, they tend to keep an eye on each other and share information if anything bad is going down-But they also act as a paranormal hotline. They advertise self-defense classes in local areas and on occasion, post information that may be useful. That's one of my duties as a 'Netter. So right now, you got pretty much every occult hunter, detective and otherwise wanting to look into this...But very few experienced."

He shrugged briefly and added.

"But-Did you hear that?"

It was a faint sound, right before the power went out. People began to scream and Velma stared at the window, as something bright outside approached.

And then a horses scream pierced the night.
James needed a moment to compose himself and wondered if whoever had brought him here wanted him here. He wasn't a good detective, but he was a decent enough one who had dealt with some of the supernatural- but not too much. He wondered if that was-

His thoughts were cut off, by a faint sound and then he heard the horse scream piercing through the night. " Well, whatever that is, it certainly isn't looking to make friends with us," he said, as he went to join Velma staring out the window. He was terrified to be quite honest.

Meanwhile, Scooby was hiding under his table with some food. He didn't need to act, these things actually scared him, unlike his master.

@Ringmaster @york @Michale CS @~Dark Disney~ @Others?

"Everybody wanna GET SOME!!!"

It came in flames, pulling a chariot though a closer look revealed it to be a fancy motorcycle.

In the design of a flaming horse. The scream heard previously echoed from the speakers as on the chariot itself, strumming an electric guitar was the following. Hellbent in leather, he howled into a mic.

CA60022T.jpg

"HELL-HORSE ON MAH TRAAAAAIIIIIIILLLL!!"

A loud groan echoed from the waitress as she stared outside.

"Oh, its this jackass. His dad used to be a rock star back in the day. Then he ended up loosing his fans. He likes to think he's like him but his music stinks...So naturally, people buy it. Like we don't have enough to worry about. Calls himself 'Sheriff Skullz".

Sheriff Skullz was currently kicking down the door was he spoke.

"THE PARTY HAS ARRIVEEED!!!"

And then the power returned.

Thank god for small favors.

@york @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

"Like, man, I can see you've got a flair for the dramatic! How about you give it a rest so the rest of us don't have heart attacks, compadre?" Shaggy went from borderline scared to annoyed in a second flat. He recalled people like this from back in his high school and college days. Didn't think life was worth living unless every eye in the room was on them.

Currently, Shaggy was standing near Sheriff Skullz with his arms crossed, looking, well, as annoyed as he felt. "Also, you can come out, Scoob. It's not a monster, just a wannabe rock star. Though to be fair... there's not a lot of difference!"

@Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

It came in flames, pulling a chariot though a closer look revealed it to be a fancy motorcycle.

In the design of a flaming horse. The scream heard previously echoed from the speakers as on the chariot itself, strumming an electric guitar was the following. Hellbent in leather, he howled into a mic.

CA60022T.jpg

"Oh, its this jackass. His dad used to be a rock star back in the day. Then he ended up loosing his fans. He likes to think he's like him but his music stinks...So naturally, people buy it. Like we don't have enough to worry about. Calls himself 'Sheriff Skullz".

James looked at the strange man and decided that he was not going to try to talk to him at all. He expected that if he did, his traditional sarcasm would get the best of him and he would insult the man. He doubted that it would be diffcult either to be quite honest. This man seemed like he could easily get insulted. It wasn't exactly promising that the waitress also hated him and that was saying something to him. He decided to approach Dipper Pines. This was mostly due to Velma already getting paranoid around him. " Hi, I'm James Hunter. I'm a freelance detective who- well,basically was kidnapped and dumped here. So, what exactly could you tell me about what is going on here?" He asked, being nice as it was often the best approach.

@Ringmaster @People talking to Dipper

"Like, man, I can see you've got a flair for the dramatic! How about you give it a rest so the rest of us don't have heart attacks, compadre?" Shaggy went from borderline scared to annoyed in a second flat. He recalled people like this from back in his high school and college days. Didn't think life was worth living unless every eye in the room was on them.

Currently, Shaggy was standing near Sheriff Skullz with his arms crossed, looking, well, as annoyed as he felt. "Also, you can come out, Scoob. It's not a monster, just a wannabe rock star. Though to be fair... there's not a lot of difference!"
Scooby was still hiding under the table. Was that the ghost horse that they were planning to investigate or did it just sound a lot like him? The dog wasn't sure, but whatever it was, it hadn't made him too happy to look out the window like the rest of the humans. He finished his food and noticed that his owner indeed was calling over to him to tell him that it wasn't the monster who had appeared.

" Rell, rhe ras rertainly roud,"*1 Scooby said, as he didn't like motorcycles for that and he certainly didn't like ones that sounded like a ghost horse and he looked over at the strange new man. " Raggy, rhy ris re rearing ra rostume?" *2 He asked quite curiously.

*1 Well he is certainly loud

*2 Shaggy why is he wearing a costume?

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Skullz talking

" Well, I guess there could be worse things. I only lost a few hours- give or take some time transition," he said.

He wondered why they had picked that amount and tried to mug him and not take much. There was still thing that didn't make sense to the detective for hire. He looked at her and wondered if the sigh meant that she was just as much in the dark as he was. It probably did and that honestly sucked.

He looked over and saw a new girl and he wasn't sure what to say.

James needed a moment to compose himself and wondered if whoever had brought him here wanted him here. He wasn't a good detective, but he was a decent enough one who had dealt with some of the supernatural- but not too much. He wondered if that was-

His thoughts were cut off, by a faint sound and then he heard the horse scream piercing through the night. " Well, whatever that is, it certainly isn't looking to make friends with us," he said, as he went to join Velma staring out the window. He was terrified to be quite honest.

Meanwhile, Scooby was hiding under his table with some food. He didn't need to act, these things actually scared him, unlike his master.

@Ringmaster @york @Michale CS @~Dark Disney~ @Others?

CA60022T.jpg

@york @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9
Kiana Ortiz
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

Well, it wasn't the nightmare she had expected, but Kiana, partly fueled by adrenaline decided to rush forwards and promptly prepared to swing at the seemingly crazed motorcyclist that literally just busted through the bar doors, they didn't call her "K.O." for nothing. However, she fortunately stopped herself short when the waitress identified him. Now, normally she would probably have went in for a good, hard punch to the side of his face or something, but considering that they were dealing with... A wanna be rock-star, she quickly realized that she would risk getting into some massive legal troubles with him, so instead... She cleared her throat.

"What brings your... 'Party' here?" She asked, putting a bit of an icy emphasis onto the word "party", accompanied by some very noticeable motions with her fingers.

It was clear that Kiana was just barely keeping herself from flying off the handle, but it was oh so tempting to knock this gate crasher off his high horse, perhaps literally in this case. Ugh, but fortunately Kiana knew to keep herself under control when posed with the risk of legal matters; it was one of the only things she had... Agreed upon with the rest of her family, though "agree" would be a bit of an exaggeration.

Last edited:

Scooby was still hiding under the table. Was that the ghost horse that they were planning to investigate or did it just sound a lot like him? The dog wasn't sure, but whatever it was, it hadn't made him too happy to look out the window like the rest of the humans. He finished his food and noticed that his owner indeed was calling over to him to tell him that it wasn't the monster who had appeared.

" Rell, rhe ras rertainly roud,"*1 Scooby said, as he didn't like motorcycles for that and he certainly didn't like ones that sounded like a ghost horse and he looked over at the strange new man. " Raggy, rhy ris re rearing ra rostume?" *2 He asked quite curiously.
"What brings your... 'Party' here?" She asked, putting a bit of an icy emphasis onto the word "party", accompanied by some very noticeable motions with her fingers.

It was clear that Kiana was just barely keeping herself from flying off the handle, but it was oh so tempting to knock this gate crasher off his high horse, perhaps literally in this case. Ugh, but fortunately Kiana knew to keep herself under control when posed with the risk of legal matters; it was one of the only things she had... Agreed upon with the rest of her family, though "agree" would be a bit of an exaggeration.
Skullz grinned, revealing gold teeth as he cracked his neck and flexed, making his chest muscles ripple beneath the open, shirtless vest he wore.

"Babe, I AM the party! Here to advertise my new, hit single!"

He snapped his fingers and the driver of the motorbike(looking somewhat harassed) sighed and rolled his eyes before producing a CD. Upon the cover, was what looked to be a somewhat stylized Skullz riding a flaming horse as a nuclear cloud in the background dominated. Skullz beamed.

"This is my new album, Grave Digger! And all this geek stuff is proving to be great publicity! Tell your friends, tell your friends-friends!"

He then eyed Kiana and ignoring Shaggy and Scooby, leered with a wink.

"Don't suppose you wanna ditch this country music snorefest and go party elsewhere?"

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @york

-------
James looked at the strange man and decided that he was not going to try to talk to him at all. He expected that if he did, his traditional sarcasm would get the best of him and he would insult the man. He doubted that it would be diffcult either to be quite honest. This man seemed like he could easily get insulted. It wasn't exactly promising that the waitress also hated him and that was saying something to him. He decided to approach Dipper Pines. This was mostly due to Velma already getting paranoid around him. " Hi, I'm James Hunter. I'm a freelance detective who- well,basically was kidnapped and dumped here. So, what exactly could you tell me about what is going on here?" He asked, being nice as it was often the best approach.
"You were- Never mind."

He shrugged and brought up the information.

"Well, its on the paranet for all to see. Basically, New Austin is becoming a hotbed for every paranormal investigator, wannabe monster hunter and so forth. Partly for glory, but mostly for the money. Mr. Marston- The alleged target is offering a six thousand dollar reward to catch the Night Mare and whoever is behind it."

He grinned sheepishly.

"Stuff like that attracts a lot of people. He's a big name in these parts, families been here since the settler days."

"Don't suppose you wanna ditch this country music snorefest and go party elsewhere?"
"Like, I'm done with this guy. Come on Scoob, let's find out what this Paranet is all about." Shaggy paid Skullz no further attention and instead headed over to Dipper, catching the last bit of the conversation he was having with James.

"Man, I wish I knew about this Paranet thing a long time ago. It would have made our jobs a lot easier! I'm guessing you know who I am then, right? How do you get on this Paranet anyway? Is there like a subscription or secret password or something?"

@Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

"You were- Never mind."

He shrugged and brought up the information.

"Well, its on the paranet for all to see. Basically, New Austin is becoming a hotbed for every paranormal investigator, wannabe monster hunter and so forth. Partly for glory, but mostly for the money. Mr. Marston- The alleged target is offering a six thousand dollar reward to catch the Night Mare and whoever is behind it."

He grinned sheepishly.

"Stuff like that attracts a lot of people. He's a big name in these parts, families been here since the settler days."
James was happy that he didn't focus on the first thing.

He actually preferred that his nice approach had worked so well.

" So the paranet is used to send messages for anything that is paranormal here. But you pointed out that it is flawed, as not every detective and monster hunter is skilled in the field," he said, remembering what the man had said early. He looked at him and wondered what else he could say. He paused when he mentioned the reward for catching the nightmare and looked confused.

He noticed that Shaggy had joined him.

" A six thousand dollar is a big amount and seems quite strange for a simple monster. That makes me wonder why he is so scared. I doubt that it was a normal reaction."

Scooby joined Shaggy and James and listened mostly.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Skullz grinned, revealing gold teeth as he cracked his neck and flexed, making his chest muscles ripple beneath the open, shirtless vest he wore.

"Babe, I AM the party! Here to advertise my new, hit single!"

He snapped his fingers and the driver of the motorbike(looking somewhat harassed) sighed and rolled his eyes before producing a CD. Upon the cover, was what looked to be a somewhat stylized Skullz riding a flaming horse as a nuclear cloud in the background dominated. Skullz beamed.

"This is my new album, Grave Digger! And all this geek stuff is proving to be great publicity! Tell your friends, tell your friends-friends!"

Kiana Ortiz
@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Well, Kiana instantly regretted not ignoring "Skullz", as he turned out to well... Be quite annoying to her, and slowly but surely, she felt like she might pop a blood vessel or something standing here too long. All the same, she wondered if his little "nightmare" gig had something to it, hmm... Curiosity killed the cat as they say, but this one had claws, so Kiana wouldn't be walking into the situation completely unprepared. Looks like he had already taken an interest to her... Features, she'd rather not think about which ones, and appeared to have ignored the talking dog and his buddy nearby, and had already seemed to ask her out.

Kiana rolled her eyes before she spoke, being as blunt as possible.

"In your nightmares, kiddo." She said calmly.

... Hmm, come to think of it, she figured she'd pop in another question while she still had this wanna be Rockstar's attention.

"Speaking of which, what's up with your... Ride?" She asked, gesturing over to his whole... "Nightmarish" setup.

Oogh, that pun made even her cringe a little, on the inside, oh well, she hoped she would still get an answer despite having shown her apparent disinterest in him. Even so, maybe she could just play hard to get for a little... If he had more to offer on this little case with the nightmares than she had first thought.

Kiana rolled her eyes before she spoke, being as blunt as possible.

"In your nightmares, kiddo." She said calmly.

... Hmm, come to think of it, she figured she'd pop in another question while she still had this wanna be Rockstar's attention.

"Speaking of which, what's up with your... Ride?" She asked, gesturing over to his whole... "Nightmarish" setup.
"Baby, its....Metal. Pure metal, amirite?"

He pointed to the vehicle outside and took the opportunity to slap the waitress on the ass as she walked past.

At that point, while distracted the helper cringed and leaned forward to speak to Kiana, his glasses held together by duct tape as he pushed it up his nose.

"I'm sorry about Skullz. He's...."

He looked helplessly at his boss as he got slapped before shrugging helplessly.

"....Something? Anyway, I made it. I took a motorcycle and an old merry-go-round horse, touched it up and synthesized a roar. I was inspired by a local legend and well- He already dressed for it."

He frowned and added.

"Still, just thinking someones trying to someone with the story makes me shake my head. I mean- What else could it be, right?"
"Like, I'm done with this guy. Come on Scoob, let's find out what this Paranet is all about." Shaggy paid Skullz no further attention and instead headed over to Dipper, catching the last bit of the conversation he was having with James.

"Man, I wish I knew about this Paranet thing a long time ago. It would have made our jobs a lot easier! I'm guessing you know who I am then, right? How do you get on this Paranet anyway? Is there like a subscription or secret password or something?"
James was happy that he didn't focus on the first thing.

He actually preferred that his nice approach had worked so well.

" So the paranet is used to send messages for anything that is paranormal here. But you pointed out that it is flawed, as not every detective and monster hunter is skilled in the field," he said, remembering what the man had said early. He looked at him and wondered what else he could say. He paused when he mentioned the reward for catching the nightmare and looked confused.

He noticed that Shaggy had joined him.

" A six thousand dollar is a big amount and seems quite strange for a simple monster. That makes me wonder why he is so scared. I doubt that it was a normal reaction."

Scooby joined Shaggy and James and listened mostly.
To Shaggy, Dipper nodded with a smile.

"Eyup! Mystery Inc. has a bit of a fan-following online. I actually used to follow you guys myself as a kid, it inspired me to want to start my own ghost adventures. Of course...."

He shrugged and gave a helpless sort of gesture with his hands.

"It doesn't always work out that way. Hence the Paranet. You just need the site name and you register like a normal forum."

He pondered a moment before adding.

"That said, we have a lot of kinks to work out. I mean- This kinda thing is serious. People get hurt, sometimes killed- And then the cops investigate which is never a good idea."

He then looked at the two.

"So tell me, do you think this monster is real?"

@Michale CS @york @LuckycoolHawk9

"That said, we have a lot of kinks to work out. I mean- This kinda thing is serious. People get hurt, sometimes killed- And then the cops investigate which is never a good idea."

"Like, man, I have seen some very convincing fakes, and some not so convincing real monsters - like there was this one time the clown you order food through at one of those burger joints was really a monster! That put Scoob and I off of ordering drive through for at least a week! So your guess is as good as mine right now, Dipper! But with all the help we have, we're sure to crack the case." He replied, nodding and looking over at the blowhard rocker again for a moment before diverting his attention back to Dipper.

"We need to start finding clues, that's all. Like, find out where this thing was last seen. Check for stuff that makes it an obvious fake to rule that out first. Scoob and I know the drill."

@york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

"Baby, its....Metal. Pure metal, amirite?"

He pointed to the vehicle outside and took the opportunity to slap the waitress on the ass as she walked past.

At that point, while distracted the helper cringed and leaned forward to speak to Kiana, his glasses held together by duct tape as he pushed it up his nose.

"I'm sorry about Skullz. He's...."

He looked helplessly at his boss as he got slapped before shrugging helplessly.

"....Something? Anyway, I made it. I took a motorcycle and an old merry-go-round horse, touched it up and synthesized a roar. I was inspired by a local legend and well- He already dressed for it."

He frowned and added.

"Still, just thinking someones trying to someone with the story makes me shake my head. I mean- What else could it be, right?"

Kiana Ortiz
@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

Kiana groaned, all of a sudden, she was beginning to get a little migraine just by talkign to Skullz... It seemed unlikely that he would provide her with anything, usefull, so with that in mind... She decided it was best to keep as far away from him as possible. Fortunately his helper was a little more well, helpfull it seems, looks like the whole cycle's design was his idea, inspired by a local legend, and though it seemed a bit, odd, come to think of it... The theme itself seemed to fit Skullz himself, well, granted she doubted a nightmare would behave like Skullz did out in the public, but in either case, it looks like there was nothing more to be learned from this situation.

However, his helper's comment about the legend itself made Kiana stop short from leaving, just for a moment.

"There's always more to the story than that." She said simply.

Though, she decided to spare the details of well, her whole shtick, being a paranormal investigator and all... A hard living, but one that never ceased to well, intrigue her; if that nightmare really did exist, then she'd find out how, and why. After all, what posed a greater challenge to one's perception of logic, and reality, than a paranormal entity like that? Even if there was a good chance this whole story was nothing more than a myth, Kiana was not one to rest until the case was closed, one way or another.

To Shaggy, Dipper nodded with a smile.

"Eyup! Mystery Inc. has a bit of a fan-following online. I actually used to follow you guys myself as a kid, it inspired me to want to start my own ghost adventures. Of course...."

He shrugged and gave a helpless sort of gesture with his hands.

"It doesn't always work out that way. Hence the Paranet. You just need the site name and you register like a normal forum."

He pondered a moment before adding.

James noticed that Dipper had smiled at Shaggy.

James had known for a long time that Mystery inc had been having a fanbase, they were the reason that he had become a detective on his own in the first place to be quote honest too.

He wondered if the helpless gesture meant anything to anyone else.

" So, it is esentially like a group chat where anyone can join. That seems smart and dangerous since you can't tell whose lying."

He wondered if he should add anything else.

" Wait, are you telling me that the paranet has been the cause, rather indirectly of the shortage of detectives who actually investigate the paranormal without dying on their own?"

James paused at the question.

" Real.. real.." James trailed off, remembering his first real monster and wondered if he was dealing with something like that. And there was Derek, the monster who looked pretty human.

"Like, man, I have seen some very convincing fakes, and some not so convincing real monsters - like there was this one time the clown you order food through at one of those burger joints was really a monster! That put Scoob and I off of ordering drive through for at least a week! So your guess is as good as mine right now, Dipper! But with all the help we have, we're sure to crack the case." He replied, nodding and looking over at the blowhard rocker again for a moment before diverting his attention back to Dipper.

"We need to start finding clues, that's all. Like, find out where this thing was last seen. Check for stuff that makes it an obvious fake to rule that out first. Scoob and I know the drill."
Scooby nodded at his master and remembered that some of the monsters they had encountered and how some of the real ones hadn't looked very real and the fake ones had looked real to the dog, it was why he was easily scared. He never knew what he was going up against. Scooby noticed that this almost seemed like a gang that he could believe in, one where the others could take the place of Fred and Daphne, they had Dipper and Kiana. And then there was James.. he still couldn't make out heads or tails of the kid and that was what worried him more than anything before.

" So, you are letting all of us here help? I honestly didn't expect that, but between the strange money and my lack of id, I am not going anywhere anytime soon either. So, what shall we do now?" He asked.

@Ringmaster @york @Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
However, his helper's comment about the legend itself made Kiana stop short from leaving, just for a moment.

"There's always more to the story than that." She said simply.

Though, she decided to spare the details of well, her whole shtick, being a paranormal investigator and all... A hard living, but one that never ceased to well, intrigue her; if that nightmare really did exist, then she'd find out how, and why. After all, what posed a greater challenge to one's perception of logic, and reality, than a paranormal entity like that? Even if there was a good chance this whole story was nothing more than a myth, Kiana was not one to rest until the case was closed, one way or another.
"Isn't there always? But unless you believe all those ghost stories, I'm afraid you're out of luck."

He chuckled and shook his head before adding.

"Its amazing how things happen...You know, the Reservation Shaman is claiming this to be a sign to the Marston family. That he had forgotten his promises and this is retribution. There was a big stink about it a couple of days back, but eh. People will believe anything, right?"
Scooby nodded at his master and remembered that some of the monsters they had encountered and how some of the real ones hadn't looked very real and the fake ones had looked real to the dog, it was why he was easily scared. He never knew what he was going up against. Scooby noticed that this almost seemed like a gang that he could believe in, one where the others could take the place of Fred and Daphne, they had Dipper and Kiana. And then there was James.. he still couldn't make out heads or tails of the kid and that was what worried him more than anything before.

" So, you are letting all of us here help? I honestly didn't expect that, but between the strange money and my lack of id, I am not going anywhere anytime soon either. So, what shall we do now?" He asked.
"Well, whatever you decide? I'm just here to monitor the situation. There's a friend I made arrangements to stay with while in town, if you need me I'll be with the friend."

He wrote his address on a paper, before sliding it over.

Kings Lot Truck Stop.

"Good luck you guys. If I were you, I'd make friends where I could and keep an eye on everyone. No telling who out there you can trust."

And with a wave, he left. Velma got up and approached before eyeing them.

"Well. I found out a few places we could go. The local Sheriff might have some records we can check out, though he might no be friendly to freelance like us. Or we could try to make contact with Marston, get his side. Keep in mind, these are just the most obvious venues...No telling what else may be out there that we missed."

Reactions: Michale CS
"Isn't there always? But unless you believe all those ghost stories, I'm afraid you're out of luck."

He chuckled and shook his head before adding.

"Its amazing how things happen...You know, the Reservation Shaman is claiming this to be a sign to the Marston family. That he had forgotten his promises and this is retribution. There was a big stink about it a couple of days back, but eh. People will believe anything, right?"

"Well, whatever you decide? I'm just here to monitor the situation. There's a friend I made arrangements to stay with while in town, if you need me I'll be with the friend."

Kings Lot Truck Stop.

"Good luck you guys. If I were you, I'd make friends where I could and keep an eye on everyone. No telling who out there you can trust."

"Well. I found out a few places we could go. The local Sheriff might have some records we can check out, though he might no be friendly to freelance like us. Or we could try to make contact with Marston, get his side. Keep in mind, these are just the most obvious venues...No telling what else may be out there that we missed."

Kiana Ortiz
@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Others?

Kiana raised a brow at this new piece of information, before shrugging a little.

"Riiight... But the only way to know for sure is to check it out for yourself." She added, rolling her eyes.

Though Kiana was a more... Practical person, she usually liked to at least scope out the areas legends like the Nightmare were rumored to wander about, looking for a sighting. So far, she had no luck with the sighting of anything supernatural, but perhaps this time around, she might have better luck?

"Know any spots that supposed Nightmare likes to frequent?" She asked.

It was a harmless question, but it was one that she had to know... Though she could just as easily to ask the Sheriff or something, she figured someone other than an authority might be less... Secretive about certain details.

"Like, I've always found that it's best to right to the source, man. I say we go talk to Marston and find out what's up with his side of the story. What do you think, Scoob? " Shaggy proposed with a shrug, looking over at his friend.

Kings Lot Truck Stop.

James wondered who the man's friend was and if he could tell him anything about his situation or this town. He considered the fact that Dipper was only an observer before he looked off into the distance.

He took a look of the address on the paper and managed to take a picture with his phone ( that wasn't stolen).

It seemed like a weird place to stay.

James had always been wary of most people, it might have to do with the fact that his parents rejected him and he always was looking out for himself at the end of the day.

He noticed that Velma was eyeing him again and he was starting to think this was going to beathing.

" I personally want to talk to the Sheriff, see what he can tell me on the past of the ranch, I haven't seen a ghost horse yet, but I am not ruling it out either. I also think I am going to go and talk to some of the people in town, see what is being asked by the others here, if this is dangerous.... or something, we can see what we are up against." James was mostly stating his plans.

"Like, I've always found that it's best to right to the source, man. I say we go talk to Marston and find out what's up with his side of the story. What do you think, Scoob? " Shaggy proposed with a shrug, looking over at his friend.
Scooby looked over at his friend and thought about how to reply. " Ri ruess ro. Raybe re ras rome rood rood ro reat," *1 he said, adding the last bit as he was starting to get hungry again, despite eating alot. Hopefully the ghost horse wasn't there right now.

*1 I guess so. Maybe he has some good food to eat.

@york @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Kiana raised a brow at this new piece of information, before shrugging a little.

"Riiight... But the only way to know for sure is to check it out for yourself." She added, rolling her eyes.

Though Kiana was a more... Practical person, she usually liked to at least scope out the areas legends like the Nightmare were rumored to wander about, looking for a sighting. So far, she had no luck with the sighting of anything supernatural, but perhaps this time around, she might have better luck?

"Know any spots that supposed Nightmare likes to frequent?" She asked.

It was a harmless question, but it was one that she had to know... Though she could just as easily to ask the Sheriff or something, she figured someone other than an authority might be less... Secretive about certain details.
"Well....Yeah. Out around near the Stoker Ranch, the Reservation but mostly the mines as well as Marston land. Or so they say. Personally, lifes too interesting to waste on danger."

He shrugged and gestured in the direction of Skullz.

"Guess thats why I'm the guy who's just the go-fer and not the rock star."

Skullz would be involved in an impromptu drinking contest.

---------
James wondered who the man's friend was and if he could tell him anything about his situation or this town. He considered the fact that Dipper was only an observer before he looked off into the distance.

He took a look of the address on the paper and managed to take a picture with his phone ( that wasn't stolen).

It seemed like a weird place to stay.

James had always been wary of most people, it might have to do with the fact that his parents rejected him and he always was looking out for himself at the end of the day.

He noticed that Velma was eyeing him again and he was starting to think this was going to beathing.

" I personally want to talk to the Sheriff, see what he can tell me on the past of the ranch, I haven't seen a ghost horse yet, but I am not ruling it out either. I also think I am going to go and talk to some of the people in town, see what is being asked by the others here, if this is dangerous.... or something, we can see what we are up against." James was mostly stating his plans.

Scooby looked over at his friend and thought about how to reply. " Ri ruess ro. Raybe re ras rome rood rood ro reat," *1 he said, adding the last bit as he was starting to get hungry again, despite eating alot. Hopefully the ghost horse wasn't there right now.

*1 I guess so. Maybe he has some good food to eat.

@york @Michale CS @Ringmaster
"Marston and the Sheriff? I suppose we could always split up. I was going to talk to her."

Velma gestured towards the one talking to Skullz harried go-fer.

"If you both feel fine in talking to both alone, I'm good with it. Meet back at the Kings Lot truck stop later?"

"Well....Yeah. Out around near the Stoker Ranch, the Reservation but mostly the mines as well as Marston land. Or so they say. Personally, lifes too interesting to waste on danger."

He shrugged and gestured in the direction of Skullz.

"Guess thats why I'm the guy who's just the go-fer and not the rock star."

Skullz would be involved in an impromptu drinking contest.

---------

"Marston and the Sheriff? I suppose we could always split up. I was going to talk to her."

Velma gestured towards the one talking to Skullz harried go-fer.

"If you both feel fine in talking to both alone, I'm good with it. Meet back at the Kings Lot truck stop later?"

Kiana Ortiz
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

Kiana eyes Skullz briefly, then rolled her eyes again... What a character, and one that might just crash his expensive ride if he wans't carefull.

"I take risks all the time. But there's just some levels I won't stoop to." She said shaking her head a little.

It was apparant that she was probably referring to Skullz's little booze fest over there, though she had to admit she would be more than a little impressed if he managed to get home just fine despite all of that.

"Think anyone wants those mines outta commision?" She asked suddenly, cocking a brow.

Just a thought that had cropped up... But the mention that the nightmare appeared to pop up the most inside those mines made her think that whoever, or whatever that thing was, had the intention of disrupting the workflow down there, one way or the other.​

Status
Not open for further replies.