The Lost Legion - Chapter 1: The Creeping Unknown

Glancing at the port breach, Stein put it down to the initial brute force intrusion into the tree's systems. That wasn't too much of a concern - they had little time to stick around and analyse the tree's live readings anyway; with it out of action, the more important measurements were already on the screen.

Circumstances dictated that the unfolding events were some sort of hybrid between the possibilities recorded in the entries - though the common factor tied them to the re-ignition of the planetary war. Stein had some previous knowledge of void-shroud use, but not on living creatures. The calling of the void worm must have arisen from some unknown etherealist ritual summoning, or it was attracted to the area by the saturation of chaos - one which sparked a void creature feeding frenzy. The phenomenon of the mist itself and its preceding signs coincided with those scenarios, as if it was a byproduct of oversaturation of the local metaphysical membrane. But why does it keep advancing into areas where fighting was not as abundant? Seeing as the information was sent from a peripheral listening post to a different location, this '12th camp' may have been a command center or an analysis station. The location was unknown and wouldn't be ascertained soon, but what was known is that the loyalists have more deployments than Carnazir knew of. A fact of mild concern - to them at least.

Out of curiosity, Stein attempted to find which 'number' this particular camp had assigned to it. If they found another on the way forward and saw a pattern, powers of deduction could yield further results.

"We should move north…", Stein mimed with his lips in silence as he thought aloud. "To Alcericas." The nearest urban center would provide a better ground for orientation and discussion of the next steps; a location with enough cover to rest and potentially find supplies. That was of course mindful of the fact that there would have been others with the same idea. Though not distracted from his line of thought, Stein's eyes snapped to the side, looking away from the screen of the field computer at Hidalgo and the strange trapdoor. The constant thumping and rattling was exceptionally annoying. "I've half a mind to execute whatever is trapped down there.", he stated before leaning back away from the desk. Were the Tarhaidim holding a prisoner? Why here?

Instead of approaching it, Stein moved back and popped his head outside to take a look at the situation. Another newcomer - a Scielto; perhaps they could chew on their skin after hanging around in the mist for a few minutes to get an insight into its nature. But more interestingly, the Tarhaidim trooper which Stein thought was gravely injured was making a recovery - thanks to a teal-haired Catus. Stein's elbow bent at an angle, reflexively moving into a position which would hip-fire a straight gauss shot through Tsubasa's temples; but not without a confirmed analysis of the situation. Being reluctant to open the trapdoor without knowing what to expect, the android considered the living Tarhaidim as a piece of living information - it could reveal its prisoner and live, or keep silent and be terminated. Alternatively - terminated either way. But it could not speak yet - the door may have to be opened regardless. Another Catus was speaking to the PCL members with some familiarity in protocol, leading to the assumption that they were PCL aligned. Terminating one of them would deteriorate the fragile alliance. The verdict was non-hostile - Stein reached further with his arm, pointing at the Tarhaidim instead of firing at Tsubasa.

"There's someone locked up in here. When that one can speak, find out the details. We need to move out soon.", Stein spoke from the entrance of the building, addressing Alrus, Tsubasa and Dead Eye; though he wasn't clear on which - all that mattered is that someone did. With that, Stein's pale visage ducked back into the structure and shuffled past Hidalgo in order to tap his foot on the rattling trapdoor. "Speak.", he demanded to whoever may have been on the other side. If it could talk, at least it was sentient; unless they've had their tongue torn out.

@Rads @Esper

• Creative
Reactions: FeastOfPerversions
Tsubasa glanced up at him, leaving Doctor-Chan to finish tending the wounds with another cube of gel that was slightly different in color. This particular gel was mixed with something to knock them out and it did just that. "Then you know War. You see through its eyes. I do not."

She thumbed her symbol of the nine paths. She injured the man so it was as she was concerned her responsibility to tend to the injured. "Doctor Tsubasa, Relief worker. If you hope to achieve peace, then perhaps look at others less as trying end your life once defeated. I am young, not naive, soldier. Nor am I subject to your chain of command."

She looked at the downed man. He would be knocked out as the newly applied gel worked on the internals over time, leaving him temporarily paralyzed as the body stitched back together. She rejoined her guardian, rather unnerved at the politics here and waited to be told what to do by the older catus. She never felt more a kitten than now. Was helping others not the right thing? She did not know right now.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Tsubasa glanced up at him, leaving Doctor-Chan to finish tending the wounds with another cube of gel that was slightly different in color. This particular gel was mixed with something to knock them out and it did just that. "Then you know War. You see through its eyes. I do not."

She thumbed her symbol of the nine paths. She injured the man so it was as she was concerned her responsibility to tend to the injured. "Doctor Tsubasa, Relief worker. If you hope to achieve peace, then perhaps look at others less as trying end your life once defeated. I am young, not naive, soldier. Nor am I subject to your chain of command."

She looked at the downed man. He would be knocked out as the newly applied gel worked on the internals over time, leaving him temporarily paralyzed as the body stitched back together. She rejoined her guardian, rather unnerved at the politics here, and waited to be told what to do by the older catus. She never felt more a kitten than now. Was helping others not the right thing? She did not know right now.
Alrus taking note of everything that's said and can't help burst chuckle at how green behind the ears this woman is, then says" Oh my such fire in this young soul, you can't be more than the early twenties at the most". I'm going to be forty-one soon and it's not just knowing war, it's not just war that i get my wisdom from it's my experiences with dealing with people that has taught me".
"For now i don't see the harm in letting you keep to your dream spitfire, we all need something to hold on to, and in its own way your innocents has its charm and I'm curious to see how you grow on this journey".

He doesn't give her time to reply and skipping along to where the creature was mentioned by stein, humming to himself. Once there and behind stein he detaches a part of him and lets it slide under the door and then says" Now now talking to the young spitfire has put me in a great mood, so i do hope this creature can talk it would be a shame to have to kill it after being trapped in the hole for so long".

Dead eyes nods to what's been said and then heads to the second building, it's not long before she's there and then goes over to the computer inserts a thumbstick and starts to try and hack more information out of the computer.
Hidalgo taking in what stein is saying and doing then gently sighs then says" Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't want to open the door, without knowing what I'm dealing with, stein while i know where not friends or ally's, i feel the more we each know about what we're dealing with the better chance of survival we have against that massive flying bug so would you be so kind and to tell us more about it"?

@steinOS

Last edited:
Looking towards Rho-Hux as he started barking out orders, Shizuko nodded as the PCL trooper pointed at him, letting out a sigh of frustration as he explained that he also had no idea what was going on. Disengaging her helmet and holding it against her hip, she starts walking towards Rho-Hux, gesturing for Tsubasa to follow. "What part of "stay here well I scout ahead" was not understood by you? Whatever peace may have enabled your mission is now clearly over, this is a war zone again. I am supposed to be your guard, please, let me do my job." she mutters to Tsubasa as she scans the camp, noting the various factions spreading out and looting the area for information and supplies.

Once she gets to Rho-Hux, she gives him a nod of acknowledgement, ""You are Major Rho-Hux, yes? Shizuko Kasagi, currently acting as a representative of my home world's military and bodyguard to this one here." she says, gesturing to Tsubasa. "My companion is a talented medic, she can help patch you up well we speak. We were sent here as part of a medical relief effort since peace was supposed to be declared, her to help people, me to guard her in case of any insurgent activity. We were part of a convoy to the west of here that was attacked when that mist descended, and we got separated from them in the chaos. My plan was to get us to Alcericas and try see if any of their communications arrays were functioning in order to request a pick-up off-planet, but if you have some easier way out of this, I would be happy to lend my talents to that effort. I've served in the special forces for quite some time now, focused on scouting, sabotage, and first strikes behind enemy lines."

@Esper @Kjbivins @Damnation's Hunger

Sarnai moved down the hill keeping the Catus fighter and her sword in the corner of her eye as did so, wary of her even if she seemed to be willing to work together peacefully for now. Moving over to the corpse of the biomech, she starts looking over it with a trained eye, appraising everything that she might be able to salvage from it. Once she had a good idea of what was what, she headed over to the dragon woman, stopping near her as she applied medical gel to some burns, "Hey, Drakairis. I'm Sarnai-Zaya, and I might need some help. I want to patch up the chunk that got taken out of Zaya here." she says running a metal finger along the groove in her chest armor caused by the spike thrower. "It's a pretty clean cut, so I just need to fill it in and then I can buff out any lines in that plate later. Will still need to replace the entire plate at some point, but we don't have time for that right now. So, what I want to know is: How easy is it for you to weld? Like, with your breath. If you could take off a strip of metal from one of the big boy over there's plates, and help me weld it in place, that would probably be faster then me doing it with my little field kit."

@Damnation's Hunger @Esper

"The 'stay here' part when combat was going on. I'm not a kitten. Nineteen. Doctor. Shock stick. I call it Shock Bait." She glanced at Rho-Hux, then Shizuko. Her tone lowered as she spoke in the Catus native tongue to her guardian ["Am I supposed to salute him?"]

• According to Plan
"Representative Shizuko Kasagi, a pleasure to met you on the battlefield. I find that to be the best place to show one's true worth. You and your medic will be vital in this mission. Good to see we're getting some competent support," Rho-Hux said to Shizuko and Tsubasa before raising his voice. "Listen up! Unless we come under direct fire and have to scatter I want every PCL unit to have to travel with at least one other PCL member supporting them. Yuri, as our sniper its crucial that you have someone watching your back while you're focusing on distant targets. Once I've recovered I could cover you or one of the 3 squaddies can. They may be green but they've proven to be acceptable support...especially considering that they haven't been killed yet. I'm letting you choose as I trust you'll know what works best with your style. I'm not normally this accommodating so do be careful."

"Now lets put your medic to the test,"
he said while revealing his injuries. With a twisted smile, he replied to Tsubasa in Catus (which admittedly he was a little rusty in). ["Yes, as Major it is respectful to salute me."]

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
"Uh lemme see we've got…" The voidhanger trooper was leaning against one of the structures, finding the cracks in its bio-frame to be conveniently comfortable as an arm rest. Thanks, giant now-dead biomecha, for the slight refurbishing he thought. "Well, there's me, my two human buddies, you of course and uh…"

Damn aliens and their overcomplicated names. Sure, he was voidhanger, but he was post-human and enough of old Earth culture had been preserved that their names never got too out of hand. Jagneet? Mohar? Adam? Ted? Well, at least they weren't from Poland all the way back on Earth. It'd take a whole minute for him to figure out how to pronounce those names without the appropriate software.

"That… that scielto guy. Name was like, Walrus but without the 'w'. The catus lady, Shizuko Catagi? Katsuragi? Something like that. Chewbasa? Other catgirl. Name reminds me of this one hairy fellow from this old Earth movie… right, rambling. Moving on, um, ah yes, Yuri! Is he still in that tree or something? Vaygus and Heidon! Let me hail them real quick."

The soldier stood up straight, plasma-caster held lazily in his arms. He sent out a ping to the two machine-men, expecting an instantaneous reaction given their now mechanical nature. A few awkward, overlong seconds passed as he found himself staring into the dirt, mulling over thoughts of better places to be and where their heavy hitters had gone.

His coms opened up as he sent out an open communication.

"Vaygus and Heidon, has anyone seen the two? I'm hailing them but I can't get anything. I swear, I saw them with us earlier. Did they get taken out?"

The other two PCL troopers became sharp in their motions, motioning for the others to be on the watch. There was no telling what caused them to vanish. As much as they hated it, the old paranoia that had kept them alive before was forced to return. Quickly they moved into the same defensive positions they had slaughtered the loyalists in.

"Oi, dragon lady!" It was the foul-mouthed human, pointing at Dalia. "You got like a good nose right? I ain't no biogists but you reptiles are supposed to have some kinda super smell. Can you pick up anything odd? Something vanished the bot-priests and my scans ain't showing shit."

--------​

Dalia at this time would've found some interesting oddities in the enormous corpse of the tarrhaidim biomecha. Its body was beginning to break down and now, hidden treasures caked in gore and viscera were revealing themselves. Such foulness didn't deter the old man, Simon, who'd moved in under the careful watch of the tall ASR-made bodyguard mecha, its hellhammer rifle sweeping the treeline as the senior began picking through the foul market for various treasures.

Some of these biomods clearly weren't meant for non-tarrhaidim – spore-clumps with toothed tendrils, coiling piles of nano-bot regulated worms, complex cylindrical metal nerve-attachments, but some of these were of a more cybernetic nature. They were fortunate many of them had survived the brutality of the ragtag team's vicious counterattack.

"A small black market." The towering vrexul form of Karnix commented offhandedly, dismissing the meagre findings. Inferior, in his many eyes, to what his folk had already pioneered even a generation ago. Yet they at least explained how it took so much punishment, even if not properly equipped. If this was the average backwater militia here, they were in for the fight of their lives. Marjan passed by, raising an eyebrow under his visor, but figuring that there was bound to be someone who could make use of those.

The huge worm like creature began to writhe and vomit as Simon got to work on it. Its fight was leaving but it was giving them various gifts with its rather messy final breaths.

----------

Stein's rummaging had rewarded him with a small bounty of magazines, around another battle's worth. The popularity of the weapon, even if it lacked some of the finesse of imported PCL arms, meant it was difficult to find oneself in need of more munitions.

As the android tapped on the door and Alrus slid a membrane beneath, the hellish pounding stopped and a silence greeted them. Echoes didn't travel long in these biostructures but those listening closely could hear what sounded like the sound of dripping and feet thudding against steps, their volume decreasing as whatever was in there retreated into the depths.

A minute or so passed before the same membrane was slid outwards; something was scribbled… no, inscribed into it by what appeared to be claw marks. It was the curving signature of the tarrhaidim language. Translated, it read as the following:

IMPRISONED. LOYALIST AMBUSH. REQUIRE MEDICAL AID. UNARMED. PLEASE UNLOCK.

As it awaited a response, Dead Eyes' device easily cracked open the digital defences connecting to the strange tree on the computer… which as it turned out, was starting to rapidly wither. Bio-readings popped up in multiple windows with critical warnings of its biological components beginning to literally digest themselves. A self-destruct protocol undertaken, as another window elaborated, to prevent the seizure of any important information.

One window however was practically flashing on the screen and causing the monitor to shake.

[MIXED ENEMY FORCE – CARNAZIR/LEAGUE/ASSEMBLY. HEAVILY ARMED. OVERWHELMING POST#05. ADVANCED CYBERWARFARE CONFIRMED: PRESUMED ELDRITCH ENTITY IN EMPLOY OF VOIDHANGER. UNKNOWN COMPOSITION AND CLASSIFICATION. ALL UNITS ON HIGH ALERT.

HAIL THE ROOTS THAT DRINK OUR BLOOD.
]

Outside, Crimson cursed as the tree's electronics crackled and sparked, bark darkening and branches drooping until they began to rip and detach from the tree's body, trailing long connective wires and the exposed circuit board substructures wound along heaving internal tunnels of soft, pulsing dark brown matter. Matter that was rapidly rotting before her eyes.

The loyalists had identified them. Worse, they knew exactly where they all were. She turned on her coms channel to contact all of them.

"We can't stay here. The regime knows who and what we are. They know this camp has fallen."

----------​

*Splat*

Something vaguely resembling a mouth, in reality just a series of fleshy green stalk-tubes with membranous pulsating envelopments, deposited a brown-redddish wad of gunk at Tsubasa's feet.

Italicized text indicates non-english dialogue.

"And if I do not comply? Will your compassion end, as it did for for Caracosa?" Its voice gargled and grunted, a sucking and deep voice like swamp muck being stepped into by boots.

Like some monstrous fusion of tongue and worm, the regenerated vocalization organ shivered and wiggled, a series of smaller tendrils emerging from around its "head" to help repair its now halfway regenerated skull from its flesh to its bonier matter.

"But I suppose I will at least perish in comfort. Nechrarsidar Ul-Kuruvun, footsoldier of the legitimate Caracosan Regime, borne of Caracosan soil and returning to it once your false generosity fades. May you rot alongside the barbarians you armed and cheered."

His words seeped with the same vitriol as the biomech even as his body struggled to remain sitting properly, shoulders gradually slouching forth before he forced himself rigid. The three worms had been slowly retracting into his body but they shot out again, curved like scorpion stingers as tiny light emitting devices flashed white and green. His hand pointed outwards to the treeline.

"It appears you shall find no reprieve here, scavenger."

It was difficult to see but a fingers of long, smoky white slowly crept over the distant roots, bridges, and shrubs. It was faint at first but with even minor visual enhancement, a familiar fog was beginning to creep the way they had come.

A series of whistling, chortling laughs emerged from the proto-lips of the partially decapitated prisoner.

NOTE ON BODY AUGMENTATIONS: THEY DO NOT INSTANTLY WORK. YOU HAVE TO GET THEM INSIDE YOUR BODY FIRST.

Outside, at the corpse of the biomech

1x worm-type strength enhancer mod
A cluster of what looks like very large nemotode worms coiling and writhing about one another. There's enough here to substantially boost one's physical strength but only if they can handle the immense internal strain of these semi-parasitic nanobot-infused organisms eating into your body.

1x nerve-sharpener reactivity augmenter mod
Semi-ethereal device made of multiple small tubular clusters, initiating an otherworldly-affected process that enhances bodily reactivity and perception of objects, motion, and entities as well as the ability to quickly react. However it needs to recharge after sufficient use and is intended primarily for etherealists.

3x target acquisition overlay visor
A visor meant to go over the helm of a soldier who already has some kind of HUD (Heads Up Display) wherein it networks with their existing one to allow for more accurate shot placement as well as limited tracking of multiple targets. The soldiers making up the biomech had a number of them.

Outside, corpse of the worm

2x internal shock stabilizer mod
A serries of somewhat larger computer-chip looking devices connected to something that looks like a more spherical bacon-textured version of a human heart, small enough to fit in a palm. It makes it much harder to become dizzy, nauseous, disoriented or to enter altered states through say, poison, drugs, alcohol or other such substances.

1x regen-augmenting bacterial culture pod mod
These small white pills contain genetically modified "tamed" bacteria that accelerate one's ability to self heal assuming they have natural biomass though it can work with a lesser extent to certain synthetic imitation biomasses. It is meant to augment other healing implants rather than replace them.

1x Blackhead-type biomunition weapon-parasite
It appears that this entity, resembling an overgrown mite with a long pointed tail, actually had colonized and taken over the worm's reproductive organs, enough that it can control it as if it was its own. In this case, it causes accelerated growth of its embryos into a juvenile state from which their chemical composition becomes capable of explosive reactions when properly "armed". It will be difficult to implement this into one's body without sufficient modifications but its munitions are quite potent for controlling large groups of enemies.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Rads and steinOS
"Uh lemme see we've got…" The voidhanger trooper was leaning against one of the structures, finding the cracks in its bio-frame to be conveniently comfortable as an arm rest. Thanks, giant now-dead biomecha, for the slight refurbishing he thought. "Well, there's me, my two human buddies, you of course and uh…"

Damn aliens and their overcomplicated names. Sure, he was voidhanger, but he was post-human and enough of old Earth culture had been preserved that their names never got too out of hand. Jagneet? Mohar? Adam? Ted? Well, at least they weren't from Poland all the way back on Earth. It'd take a whole minute for him to figure out how to pronounce those names without the appropriate software.

"That… that scielto guy. Name was like, Walrus but without the 'w'. The catus lady, Shizuko Catagi? Katsuragi? Something like that. Chewbasa? Other catgirl. Name reminds me of this one hairy fellow from this old Earth movie… right, rambling. Moving on, um, ah yes, Yuri! Is he still in that tree or something? Vaygus and Heidon! Let me hail them real quick."

The soldier stood up straight, plasma-caster held lazily in his arms. He sent out a ping to the two machine-men, expecting an instantaneous reaction given their now mechanical nature. A few awkward, overlong seconds passed as he found himself staring into the dirt, mulling over thoughts of better places to be and where their heavy hitters had gone.

His coms opened up as he sent out an open communication.

"Vaygus and Heidon, has anyone seen the two? I'm hailing them but I can't get anything. I swear, I saw them with us earlier. Did they get taken out?"

The other two PCL troopers became sharp in their motions, motioning for the others to be on the watch. There was no telling what caused them to vanish. As much as they hated it, the old paranoia that had kept them alive before was forced to return. Quickly they moved into the same defensive positions they had slaughtered the loyalists in.

"Oi, dragon lady!" It was the foul-mouthed human, pointing at Dalia. "You got like a good nose right? I ain't no biogists but you reptiles are supposed to have some kinda super smell. Can you pick up anything odd? Something vanished the bot-priests and my scans ain't showing shit."

--------​

Dalia at this time would've found some interesting oddities in the enormous corpse of the tarrhaidim biomecha. Its body was beginning to break down and now, hidden treasures caked in gore and viscera were revealing themselves. Such foulness didn't deter the old man, Simon, who'd moved in under the careful watch of the tall ASR-made bodyguard mecha, its hellhammer rifle sweeping the treeline as the senior began picking through the foul market for various treasures.

Some of these biomods clearly weren't meant for non-tarrhaidim – spore-clumps with toothed tendrils, coiling piles of nano-bot regulated worms, complex cylindrical metal nerve-attachments, but some of these were of a more cybernetic nature. They were fortunate many of them had survived the brutality of the ragtag team's vicious counterattack.

"A small black market." The towering vrexul form of Karnix commented offhandedly, dismissing the meagre findings. Inferior, in his many eyes, to what his folk had already pioneered even a generation ago. Yet they at least explained how it took so much punishment, even if not properly equipped. If this was the average backwater militia here, they were in for the fight of their lives. Marjan passed by, raising an eyebrow under his visor, but figuring that there was bound to be someone who could make use of those.

The huge worm like creature began to writhe and vomit as Simon got to work on it. Its fight was leaving but it was giving them various gifts with its rather messy final breaths.

----------

Stein's rummaging had rewarded him with a small bounty of magazines, around another battle's worth. The popularity of the weapon, even if it lacked some of the finesse of imported PCL arms, meant it was difficult to find oneself in need of more munitions.

As the android tapped on the door and Alrus slid a membrane beneath, the hellish pounding stopped and a silence greeted them. Echoes didn't travel long in these biostructures but those listening closely could hear what sounded like the sound of dripping and feet thudding against steps, their volume decreasing as whatever was in there retreated into the depths.

A minute or so passed before the same membrane was slid outwards; something was scribbled… no, inscribed into it by what appeared to be claw marks. It was the curving signature of the tarrhaidim language. Translated, it read as the following:

IMPRISONED. LOYALIST AMBUSH. REQUIRE MEDICAL AID. UNARMED. PLEASE UNLOCK.

As it awaited a response, Dead Eyes' device easily cracked open the digital defences connecting to the strange tree on the computer… which as it turned out, was starting to rapidly wither. Bio-readings popped up in multiple windows with critical warnings of its biological components beginning to literally digest themselves. A self-destruct protocol undertaken, as another window elaborated, to prevent the seizure of any important information.

One window however was practically flashing on the screen and causing the monitor to shake.

[MIXED ENEMY FORCE – CARNAZIR/LEAGUE/ASSEMBLY. HEAVILY ARMED. OVERWHELMING POST#05. ADVANCED CYBERWARFARE CONFIRMED: PRESUMED ELDRITCH ENTITY IN EMPLOY OF VOIDHANGER. UNKNOWN COMPOSITION AND CLASSIFICATION. ALL UNITS ON HIGH ALERT.

HAIL THE ROOTS THAT DRINK OUR BLOOD.
]

Outside, Crimson cursed as the tree's electronics crackled and sparked, bark darkening and branches drooping until they began to rip and detach from the tree's body, trailing long connective wires and the exposed circuit board substructures wound along heaving internal tunnels of soft, pulsing dark brown matter. Matter that was rapidly rotting before her eyes.

The loyalists had identified them. Worse, they knew exactly where they all were. She turned on her coms channel to contact all of them.

"We can't stay here. The regime knows who and what we are. They know this camp has fallen."

----------​

*Splat*

Something vaguely resembling a mouth, in reality just a series of fleshy green stalk-tubes with membranous pulsating envelopments, deposited a brown-redddish wad of gunk at Tsubasa's feet.

Italicized text indicates non-english dialogue.

"And if I do not comply? Will your compassion end, as it did for for Caracosa?" Its voice gargled and grunted, a sucking and deep voice like swamp muck being stepped into by boots.

Like some monstrous fusion of tongue and worm, the regenerated vocalization organ shivered and wiggled, a series of smaller tendrils emerging from around its "head" to help repair its now halfway regenerated skull from its flesh to its bonier matter.

"But I suppose I will at least perish in comfort. Nechrarsidar Ul-Kuruvun, footsoldier of the legitimate Caracosan Regime, borne of Caracosan soil and returning to it once your false generosity fades. May your rot alongside the barbarians you armed and cheered."

His words seeped with the same vitriol as the biomech even as his body struggled to remain sitting properly, shoulders gradually slouching forth before he forced himself rigid. The three worms had been slowly retracting into his body but they shot out again, curved like scorpion stingers as tiny light emitting devices flashed white and green. His hand pointed outwards to the treeline.

"It appears you shall find no reprieve here, scavenger."

It was difficult to see but a fingers of long, smoky white slowly crept over the distant roots, bridges, and shrubs. It was faint at first but with even minor visual enhancement, a familiar fog was beginning to creep the way they had come.

A series of whistling, chortling laughs emerged from the proto-lips of the partially decapitated prisoner.

NOTE ON BODY AUGMENTATIONS: THEY DO NOT INSTANTLY WORK. YOU HAVE TO GET THEM INSIDE YOUR BODY FIRST.

Outside, at the corpse of the biomech

1x worm-type strength enhancer mod
A cluster of what looks like very large nemotode worms coiling and writhing about one another. There's enough here to substantially boost one's physical strength but only if they can handle the immense internal strain of these semi-parasitic nanobot-infused organisms eating into your body.

1x nerve-sharpener reactivity augmenter mod
Semi-ethereal device made of multiple small tubular clusters, initiating an otherworldly-affected process that enhances bodily reactivity and perception of objects, motion, and entities as well as the ability to quickly react. However it needs to recharge after sufficient use and is intended primarily for etherealists.

3x target acquisition overlay visor
A visor meant to go over the helm of a soldier who already has some kind of HUD (Heads Up Display) wherein it networks with their existing one to allow for more accurate shot placement as well as limited tracking of multiple targets. The soldiers making up the biomech had a number of them.

Outside, corpse of the worm

2x internal shock stabilizer mod
A serries of somewhat larger computer-chip looking devices connected to something that looks like a more spherical bacon-textured version of a human heart, small enough to fit in a palm. It makes it much harder to become dizzy, nauseous, disoriented or to enter altered states through say, poison, drugs, alcohol or other such substances.

1x regen-augmenting bacterial culture pod mod
These small white pills contain genetically modified "tamed" bacteria that accelerate one's ability to self heal assuming they have natural biomass though it can work with a lesser extent to certain synthetic imitation biomasses. It is meant to augment other healing implants rather than replace them.

1x Blackhead-type biomunition weapon-parasite
It appears that this entity, resembling an overgrown mite with a long pointed tail, actually had colonized and taken over the worm's reproductive organs, enough that it can control it as if it was its own. In this case, it causes accelerated growth of its embryos into a juvenile state from which their chemical composition becomes capable of explosive reactions when properly "armed". It will be difficult to implement this into one's body without sufficient modifications but its munitions are quite potent for controlling large groups of enemies.
Alrus wraps his hands around the edges of the door and starts to pull, then says" If i was in your shoes i would forget the life i lead and try and enjoy the rest of it, there's no glory in dying a pointless and unnecessary death, the people at the top of whichever army so often don't give a flying monkey about the grunts as long as they get what". "Also, there's the factor being down here so long they probably don't remember you, i hope you make the right choice and choose to live a better life, a wise soldier knows when to retreat from a lost cause".
He continues to pulls at the edge of the door to free the Tarhaidim and hopes it takes his advice and not attack because what he said about not wanting to kill him if possible is true.

@Esper @Sarnai-Zaya @Doggo @steinOS @Kjbivins

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
Yuri grunts in irritation as he climbs down the tree and from his hiding spot. The previous bout of gunfire from his rifle had ruptured the branches supporting him; thus, rendering his vantage point no longer useful. He planned on regrouping with his team, but he was alone in unknown alien wilderness. And while he was trained in survival skills, who knew what kind of dangers lurked around the corner, especially with the abrupt appearance of eldritch monstrosities.

Once Yuri reached the forest floor he immediately set out towards where he last saw his team. While they may have most likely already moved on, it would help to know which direction they went in. With his current goal set, Yuri braves the wilderness and into the unknown.

The forest was quiet, too quiet. It's unnerving to think that just minutes earlier the wilderness was engulfed in gunfire, but now only silence remains, at least, from his perspective. But with so many enemies around, and so many fights going on at once, there was bound to be constant noise, right?
Yuri's breathing slowed down as he crouched and closed his eyes, letting his sense of hearing expand as his other senses were dulled. He could hear everything, the soft breeze, the leaves hitting the ground, and the skittering of small animals as they move through the foliage. But the animals weren't calm, they were panicked, their movements were erratic and hurried, as if they were running from something, but what?

• OMG
Rho-Hux looked at the coordinates of his communicator. Yuri was nearby but further away from the group.

"Regroup with the others. We can't waste resources hunting down two soldiers on a hostile planet. They knew the risks and they're capable warriors. If they got lost they can find us again." Rho-Hux then turned to the human who made the comment about lizard smells. Perhaps his species were somewhat reptilian themselves but Rho-Hux felt the need to comment on that (or perhaps he didn't want to give anyone not part of the PLC any credit unless they were an accomplished commander like himself). "Besides, carnivorous lizards are better at smelling rotting, already dead animals that metal robots."

Rho-Hux led his team to the wrecked bio-mech (after he had been patched up). He felt confident in his own abilities but one soldier was not enough. He pulled the three Target acquisition overlay visors out and ordered his troops to equip them. "Due to our losses at the begging of this mission, you three will now have to do twice as much work and be twice as efficient. Hopely these visors will help you all in your aiming."

Stein didn't wait around for a response from the prisoner, instead opting to go through the arms that were available within the structure. Several more Pravlats he couldn't carry - but there was bound to be more ammunition for them here; magazines plugged into the rifles themselves perhaps. There was no telling when the next chance to resupply was and the android intended to make full use of the opportunity by checking the aforementioned locations.

The gurgling of the Tarhaidim outside drew his attention shortly after. While Alrus and Hidalgo seemed to have the prisoner situation handled, Stein left the building with the intent to extract the necessary information from the last loyalist; he was met with more curses against the tripartite alliance. "Your attachment to Caracosa and its expired regime is misplaced. The soil doesn't care for what lies on top of it; you will realise this truth momentarily.", the android noted to the injured as he approached, stopping some 5ft away. The barrel of his Pravlat confronted the Tarhaidim's view as Stein held it at his hip - his lips about to ask questions until his eyes glanced to the side. The fog was catching up - they were out of time, but maybe there was room for only one question. The android's gaze switched to Marjan, his head motioning for the beast to hurry into the organic building and force Alrus and Hidalgo to make their choice about what to do with the trapped individual.

"Point to your heart," Stein commanded the Tarhaidim, "and tell us where Camp 012020 is located. In exchange, I will give you a death worthy of a Caracosan soldier - and spare you from the horrors that await in that anomaly. We wish to stop it. Let the last thing you do be an attempt to save your… beloved land."

The door was pulled open and something almost leapt upwards, smacking against the floor and letting out a sepulchral shudder, deeper than whatever pit it had been kept in. It was a tarrhaidim, its body was withered and torn, but the wounds inflicted upon it did not seem to lessen the power in its desperation, dragging itself across the floor, nude and covered in mud, reeking fluid, and crusty, clinging scabs.

It only had one arm but something was clamped around the stump where the other should have been; some kind of metallic plug like object, lights blinking across its side and a few frayed wires sticking out like messy, bedheaded hair. It paid no attention to Alrus, its eyeless face a shimmering mess of strange proto-ocular fungal growths, moving about like fermenting bubbles under the smooth semi-bone-like composition of its face.

"My arm, my arm..." The creature's voice rasped out in its species' tongue, pointing with its one remaining limb into its prison. "Get my arm, remove the inhibitor!"

The fungal soldier was shuddering, its body half broken but pulling itself with clawing fingers into a sitting position, tapping on the plug before pointing into the now open pit.

"No threat, all dead. You killed them. I feel the mist. I know it is coming. And-"

Marjan wasted no time rushing into the drank, reeking wound in the earth that the prisoner had been extricated from. Rummaging could be heard, thudding and then wet tearing, clanking metal ensuing. The prisoner however was standing and soon, its nervousness was replaced by anger.

Through the open door, a certain partially-cranially-lacking individual sat on its knees, facing an android of some sort. A carnazir-modified weapon in its hands.

"You bastard, you gutless bastard! Rotten to the core just like your damn regime we tore apart from within! Android!" He looked wildly to Stein then to the hostage. "Hold him there! I care not for whatever you are, but this scum will die for what he did to me!"

The wild, bloodied fungoid pushed past the crates in its way, grabbing a pravlat of its own as it stomped outside, ready to swing it like a club. Marjan had only exited the pit, an arm hooked up to a series of pulsing organ-devices when he saw it move with vicious, murderous intent.

"Godammit, stop! No, we need that hostage!" Marjan shouted. The arm he was holding began to twitch and jerk, causing him to stumble. "Somebody grab him before he kills the survivor!"

Last edited:
Rho-Hux heard yelling in the distance. His hunter instincts took over and he felt as if the world around him was aflame. Move now or die, fight now or die, flight, or fight. The mist was returning. The same mist that cut everybody off and was soon followed by the abomination that killed most of his squad.

"Voidhanger, come with me," Rho-Hux said as he grabbed the startled soldier and started pulling them away from the rest of their group. "That Aixue Beast spotted someone. We need to capture them for information and to show that Carnazir what the PCL can do. THE REST OF YOU! Stay within touching distance of each other. The fog is coming back and I fear we'll have to make another hasty retreat if that void monster comes back. Remember my command of staying in pairs! If you're alone you're dead!"

Rho-Hux ready his grappling gun. If he saw a suspicious character he would fire his weapon in front of them to make a tripwire. There was a chance he would miss and pierce a leg...but that might just make capturing the runner all the easier and if they were involved with the attacks earlier then Rho-Hux wouldn't mind making them suffer a little.

Stein didn't take his eyes off of Nechrarsidar, despite the bewildered yelling in the background. Chalgheol hasn't been his home for particularly long, but with a Tarhaidim population majority it wasn't difficult to build his understanding of their speech to a high degree. The unleashed prisoner's words identified them as an apparent Carnazir affiliate.

To that end, Stein moved a hand back to signal the captive to halt their advance - the last guard against Rho-Hux's grappling hook. A holographic image of the Carnazir insignia materialised in the android's shielded palm to notify the prisoner that they were among friendlies. It was unclear whether it would work to stop them in their tracks - Stein could imagine the emotional adrenaline-fuelled frenzy they were experiencing. Naturally, the same hand that showed allegiance was on standby to grasp the incoming Pravlat, should it come to that. The main focus remained on the kneeling individual.

"I'm not one to keep someone from getting their revenge… not unless you tell me what I've asked for. Speak.", Stein encouraged Nechrarsidar. A breeze blew through the android's snow white hair - a constant reminder of the approaching threat. The fact that this was the loyalist's last chance was palpable.

• Thank You
Yuri can hear his heart rounding pounding a million times a second, but he didn't know why. Was something watching him? Perhaps a predatory animal, or something much more sinister. Yuri quickly but quietly unholstered his side arm and unsheathed his blade, holding it in a reverse grip.

"Show yourself ублюдок!!" He shouted while backing into the trunk of a tree for protection. He would fight till his last breath if he had to, because he was not going to die in the middle of a goddamn forest to some random feral creature that thought they could mess with the great Yuri.

• OMG
The partially mutilated creature's arm had raised, trembling with a rage threatening to burst from its crusted fungal-flesh. It did not require eyes to convey its lust for revenge and the partially regenerated loyalist barely had time to turn and flinch. It looked morel ike collection of bog detritus and fouled meat than even a bush-dwelling tarrhaidim guerilla but this primeval force of hatred and rage staggered to a stop.

The skull of a hawk-worm, a dangerous airborne predator native to the highest mountain ranges. Its skull, cobra-like, had its multiple longer feeler-like appendages along its circlar maw closing in with their long ligtly curving fangs. Two iron-mailed hands, impaled on their teeth, stood in the middle as all around its maw did glow a circle of luminsou eyes, radiating a circle of pointed triangular shapes.

It was the national flag-symbol of the Carnazir, flown across all worlds where they had a presence and the clearest representation on where they stood on any foreign-borne enemy of their right to planetary determination.

The arm raised to demonstrate what it meant slowly lowered but still gripped the pravlat's grip. He didn't know if it was loaded but the ex-prisoner didn't care.

"You... how do I know that is not a mere replication? I see vrexul, catus, human, and others amongst you. Are you deserters? What is going on? And why... why are you holding him hostage..."

His head turned to the loyalist and spat onto the back of his barely-regnerating head, a bundle of gunk and frothing saliva lost amongst the now spreading layer of flesh.

"As if he could speak anything to you of use? They are heirs to a throne built on the shattered bones of their downtrodden. Treachery is in their blood."

"How well you project the Carnazir's failings. Shall I remind you of the most interesting allies of yours that you have now discovered? Perhaps your goal of self-determination was-"

A bare foot smashed into the prisoner's side and he fell over, grunting in pain.

"Android, repeat your question. Not to this worm but one of the 'true sons' his kind fed upon." He demanded.

In the background, Marjan's struggles stopped as the arm began to stop twitching.

"I think he's remotly controlling it; nerves must be fried by that damn inhibitor stuck to his stump." The aixue called out, panting with relief as he walked on over. "Hidalgo, you're a medic right? Help me remove this thing. I don't wanna fuck up his nerves any more than they already are."

The partially mutilated creature's arm had raised, trembling with a rage threatening to burst from its crusted fungal-flesh. It did not require eyes to convey its lust for revenge and the partially regenerated loyalist barely had time to turn and flinch. It looked morel ike collection of bog detritus and fouled meat than even a bush-dwelling tarrhaidim guerilla but this primeval force of hatred and rage staggered to a stop.

The skull of a hawk-worm, a dangerous airborne predator native to the highest mountain ranges. Its skull, cobra-like, had its multiple longer feeler-like appendages along its circlar maw closing in with their long ligtly curving fangs. Two iron-mailed hands, impaled on their teeth, stood in the middle as all around its maw did glow a circle of luminsou eyes, radiating a circle of pointed triangular shapes.

It was the national flag-symbol of the Carnazir, flown across all worlds where they had a presence and the clearest representation on where they stood on any foreign-borne enemy of their right to planetary determination.

The arm raised to demonstrate what it meant slowly lowered but still gripped the pravlat's grip. He didn't know if it was loaded but the ex-prisoner didn't care.

"You... how do I know that is not a mere replication? I see vrexul, catus, human, and others amongst you. Are you deserters? What is going on? And why... why are you holding him hostage..."

His head turned to the loyalist and spat onto the back of his barely-regnerating head, a bundle of gunk and frothing saliva lost amongst the now spreading layer of flesh.

"As if he could speak anything to you of use? They are heirs to a throne built on the shattered bones of their downtrodden. Treachery is in their blood."

"How well you project the Carnazir's failings. Shall I remind you of the most interesting allies of yours that you have now discovered? Perhaps your goal of self-determination was-"

A bare foot smashed into the prisoner's side and he fell over, grunting in pain.

"Android, repeat your question. Not to this worm but one of the 'true sons' his kind fed upon." He demanded.

In the background, Marjan's struggles stopped as the arm began to stop twitching.

"I think he's remotly controlling it; nerves must be fried by that damn inhibitor stuck to his stump." The aixue called out, panting with relief as he walked on over. "Hidalgo, you're a medic right? Help me remove this thing. I don't wanna fuck up his nerves any more than they already are."

Hidalgo comes over and kneels and starts looking and not long after gets to the tools out and puts them on a piece of cloth then says" I can do this but boy this nerve damage is pretty extensive". He starts by gently getting rid of the skin and anything else in the way around the arm socket area and where the arm needs to be reattached after he's done cutting and cleaning the areas best as possible, he takes the arm from Marjan and gently puts it back in the socket. He picks up the special laser pen for the first time, the pen is known for repairing nerve damage and skin repair, nd other things of that nature.

It takes about five minutes and then he wastes not time and starts looking to where the inhibitor is. He repeats the same steps as before with the arm, but in addition to what he had done with the arm, then gently makes some insictions into and around the part that he needs to get at, he skillfully cuts into and around the nerves, now that he has avoided the main nerves he starts to work on removing the part from the arm, it took several minutes but he safely takes it out.

After ten minutes or so it's done. Ace gets a cleaning cloth and wipes off his blades this puts some disinfectant on the cloth and the blades to sterilize his tools and the cloth. He then says" I'm surprised it took a hell of a lot of damage and still managed to stay intact, he should be able to move his arm again fully in a few minutes".[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Stein was not reactive to the bickering between the two Tarhaidim, though once Nechrarsidar spoke, something changed. "Wrong answer.", he stated in a callous tone as his eyes narrowed, only for his body to turn dismissively. A short look was given to the prisoner, followed by the words - "Do with him what you will."

With the android quite literally out of the way, having walked a few strides northbound from his interrogation, there was no longer anything stopping the ex-captive from brutalizing his captor. The chance to be helpful came and went - the mist was catching up too quickly to spend more time in this camp. For all he knew, it already covered the entire westward heading and continued to encroach east - going further into the Sprawl and spending the night here is too unpredictable. Something made Garzaril into a black hole, without any signs of continued existence thereafter. In Stein's mind, Alcericas was still the most reasonable destination considering the circumstances.

Peering aimlessly into the depths of the Sprawl, Stein's fingers dragged over the body of the Pravlat he chose to keep, before tapping on the surface in conclusive thought. "We should move.", he stated over the frequency which this alliance has adopted as 'shared' in the course of the previous fight. "I'm sure everyone is of the same mind when I say I'm not in the mood to become… 'oversaturated'.", he paused further before looking back at those gathered outside. "The Tarhaidim is with us, now."

Tsubasa's eyes went wide, "This isn't happening", she thought, "No, I just need to close my eyes, count backwards, and I'll wake up at home to a bad dream. This mission didn't 'go sideways' at all, I haven't even gone on the mission yet." Her tail twitched in response within the armored wrapping of her suit.

[Catus]: "This isn't real. Not real", she whispered only audible to her bodyguard likely.

//

Looking back at Tsubasa, Shizuko felt a sense of protectiveness surge in her chest, but tamped down on it quickly. She had seen this kind of shock happen to new recruits before, and she knew that the younger woman needed to be helped to face her terror, not to have Shizuko shield her from it.

[Catus] "Kitten! Look at me," she demanded as she slipped her helmet back on, using their personal comms to speak directly to Tsubasa, but not reactivating the visor yet, "This is happening, this is real, we are in danger and I need you with me."

Reaching behind her to her belt pouch, she pulled out her crossbow and slid a finger along the biometric scanner, allowing it to pop open and configure itself as her other hand reflexively grabbed a bolt magazine and slapped it in place.

[Catus] "You trained for this. You trained to be in danger, I would not have given my signature on the mission clearance if I hadn't seen your training records, and as far as I can tell, you are the only qualified medic any of the people here have a hope of seeing. Any or all of the other people here might need you to keep them stay alive, and I am going to be incredibly pissed off if you make me drag your body home."

Finishing with a vicious grin towards Tsubasa, Shizuko moved to double- check the sights on her weapon.

//

The young medic nodded in response. She tried to recall her nerves of steel. She did this in simulations, but this wasn't a simulation. Still her reflexes were there. Her people adapted. She was of the blood of kin who followed the Nine. "I trained for this and...and you're scary when you're angry", she said firmly. "Lots scarier than a big giant....plant monster!"

Tsubasa saluted Shizuko and took her best stance of being at attention. "I will gather supplies we need to do field triage or surgery as necessary. No one will die if I can help it ma'am!" Her tone said confidence, sheer confidence, but her inside said she had never been more nauseated from fear in her whole life.

//

Watching as Tsubasa straightened up and saluted, Shizuko activated her visor to cover up the fond grin that creased her face, "Understood, get to it then."

Cutting off the comms she felt her tail twitching back and forth as she slowly drew Chinami from it's sheathe at her side. Closing her eyes as she took in a deep breath and held it, Shizuko focused on the weight of her prayer pendant against her chest.

I follow in your paths First One, and my feet burn the ground I walk. Where I step, destruction follows. I walk the path of War, and all will feel our wrath.

Eyes shooting back open, Shizuko let out the breath she had been holding as she finished her prayer. Lazily rotating her wrist to spin Chinami in a circle, Shizuko's smile widened into a mouthful of fangs as she murmured to herself, "If you thought that was scary, you have not seen anything yet kitten."

@Damnation's Hunger @Esper

• Spicy