The Lord of the Rings Online

S

Seiji

Original poster
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HAZHEYmZzeI" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

The E3 trailer from the latest expansion for the MMORPG The Lord of the Rings Online has put my attention back onto the game once again!

This game was released several years ago. I played at release, pre-ordered even, and enjoyed it immensely. I went back to the game a year or so again; with expansions, specifically Moria, it had become fresh and exciting again. Of course, you move on with MMO's, and considering I was jobless at the time, I couldn't afford it.

Last fall, I want to say, LOTRO became free. Free to play. Completely free to play! Of course, some content and premium items are locked via item shop, but the vast majority of the game is free to interact and play with.

Free to play.

Okay, what I'm getting at is...

Who wants to play?

I've totally re-downloaded and re-installed, and I've totally re-activated my account. I'm bored; I've had a hankering for... some kind of multi-player RPG-deal. So, why not? FREE.

I'm totally game for re-rolling a new character. I have a level 54 Captain, er, somewhere, with tons and tons of resources, but... Meh. I sort of want to start fresh, and if I get a handful of you's guys to play with... That'd be fun!

Who's game on starting a guild, starting at level 1, and running around the world of Middle-Earth and leveling up some newbs?

Ah, wonderful, another game I could be playing with Iwaku if my computer wasn't seven years old.

How big is the client? If it's below 10 gigs I'll consider it.

I have it installed, but haven't touched it in several months.

I may be convinced to play again.

Hi-res client is just at 10 gigs. It downloads through a torrent-styled program over the course of several hours. Then you install it, run the updates, bada-bing bada-boom, done!

I'm game...though I probably will be dividing my attention between several games, so I might not level as fast...I'll download it as soon as I get back home.

We shall see. I really enjoyed LOTRO when I played it... Oh, three years ago was it now?

EDIT: UNPACKING, SEIJI WHAT'S YOUR SERVER?

OH GOD I HAVEN'T STARTED YET.

My past server is Landroval. It seems like it's still one of the higher populated servers, and if we play there, I have the resources on my alts to twink out people with. If they want twinking.

Otherwise, I'd like to play on another server, to avoid that seduction. I'm thinking Brandywine?

DAMMIT.

Alright, I guess I'm down for this. Will download on sunday.

Addy Larawhyne when you get on, that's me elf.

... YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO BE SOME KINDA OF WEIRD REBEL ELF LIKE A DROW. D8 ORELINDE IS MY ELF CHAMPION.

lolololol jk let's all make Seiji's character shortest of whole party :B

Downloading now. Gonna start figuring out what I'd like to play soon.

Screw it, I'mma remake both Orelinde and Gilidhren (CHAMPION & LOREMASTER)

Aww shit... Yeah, I'm downloading it. I'll know what I'm doing once I start playing the game. Damn you, Seiji. I have so many games on my plate now!

EDIT: I'm thinking of maybe Guardian or Rune-keeper, having looked at the little guide thing.

I usually play Tanks in MMOs, but since people have already said they fancy playing Guardians I might try my hand at a Burglar. Because hobbits are funny as fuck, and because hell yer stealth + DPS.