The Longest War: Shards of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I hope I don't get set on fire;" Edgar said, voice full of mock worry, "If I do, I might go up like a mushroom cloud." He played off Jothan's joke with ease. "Don't worry Jojo, I wouldn't make you share a bed with me. Besides, I'm kind of scared of what's hiding under those gloves..." He drank one last bottle of coffee before standing up and walking toward the door to show the two of them off. "There are a couple other uses for them too. If only I could split like that ugly bastard did, I'd never have to hire another worker again..." Once the men were out on their supply run, he motioned for Jotham and Raelin to follow him out the door. He doubted she would or even could, but the chance that she'd burn down his bar was one he didn't want to chance.

After walking with them a few blocks, he found a secluded patch of earth. The area was about 150 square feet and surrounded on three sides by the brick walls of an apartment building. The grass has begun to become overgrown, no one around anymore to tend to it. Off in one corner were a couple abandoned kickballs and basketballs. "This should be far enough away to avoid any damage to our home base. Since I'm not exactly keen on fighting 2 on 1, I'll take turns sparring with you guys. That way you can learn something about the other while you're waiting." He suggested. "Anyone volunteering to go first?"

"The pretty one might be the better choice, we at least know where she stands, power-wise." Edgar noted. "For all we know, Jotham was simply lying about his skills. You know what they say about honor and thieves." he quipped, smirking at Jotham.

While they were getting ready to spar, Johnathan and Griffin had no idae that something sinister was stalking them...

Riley had evacuated with the rest of the city, despite the pull he felt to stay. Why he felt that, he didn't really know. Unfortunately that warden from before had found him in the middle of the night and woke him up rudely, telling him to get his butt back to the city or he'd be permanently in jail once they came back. He could only oblige once more and found himself being driven to the edge of the city where he was promptly dumped. He watched the car move away as the break of day made itself known. For some reason, he had to squint when the sun's light came, but for what reason, he didn't know.

Searching high and low the entire city, he continued to ignore the pull that told him where the shards were. He still didn't know why it was there, but he could've sworn it got stronger the minute he reentered the city. It was a very...ominous feeling. Focus, he thought to himself, giving his head a light slap before continuing to explore the city. He wasn't quite sure where to go, but the feeling was getting stronger and god, what the hell did it mean? He didn't know, but he was nearing the store where Griffin was going to, not knowing how much danger he would be in in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.