The Long and Dreary day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus nodded gratefully at him as he walked in. "Thank you James." He said quietly. He slid his small handgun into it's holster, that, for some reason couldn't attach to his pants, and slid the holster into his pocket for the same effect. He looked around awkwardly for a minute and then decided to look in the rear of the store for some food. He avoided the refridgerated sections because the power had gone out a couple weeks agoa and most of it was probably bad by now.

He grabbed some bags of candy for sugar, and a bunch of bags of pretzels. He sat in one of the cashier's chairs and leaned back, chowing down.

Aiden watched all this transpire with mild curiosity. He was tired but couldn't sleep the threat of undead was still in his head constantly.

James watched the two for a moment before walking into the back room and then laying back down. He was exausted and he looked at the cealling. He could hear the groans of the undead rooaming the streets and it urked him.

Marcus, for the first time in weeks, was stuffed. He filled up on junk food, but even junk food would be good for him because he'd been starving. After chugging as much water as he could drink, he curled up in the little desk area on the floor where no one could see him.

Aiden sat up and decided to clean his arrows. He picked them up one by one cleaning them slowly.

Marcus slept for several hours. When he did, it looked like they were all asleep. He'd been awoken by loud groaning out in the streets. They were locked in but they must have been smelt out by the walkers. Live people were EASY to smell apart from the dead, ESPECIALLY when you go long without a shower. But he'd taken one recently anyways. His rambling aside, there were dead in the streets and he began contemplating a means of escape.

I sat comfortably in the wodden chair, with my eyes closed thinking, going deep in thought. Even though everything was gone now, I kinda enjoyed every minute of it. 'I had sad life anyway,I thought. 'So I guess I can say I'm happy...even though I may die or get eaten from some zombie.' I shruged to myself.

"Hm?" I open my eyes, look over at him when hearing my name. "N-No," I say. "whats up?"

James heard the sounds of the undead outside. He knew their place was fine t stay for another day but he didn't like being crouded in. He grabbed his metal bat and walked over to aiden " hey im going to head outside but ill be bacK"

Marcus sighed. "Trying to think of where to go from here. And I have no idea." He scowled and laid back in the cashier's chair and heard one of them say they were leaving.
"Are you sure you should be going out there?"

Aiden looked up and nodded. Then he turned to the other man, "We can handle ourselves." he said

Marcus nodded with a sigh. He hoped they made it back alive because being alone was boring as Hell, and he'd need muscle to go anywhere really. "Well, be careful anyways." He looked out one of the small boarded up windows and went lost in thought.

James nodded and then walked out the store. The streets were mostly clear except for a few undead. There where about six, three half a block away, one on the roof and the other two here in the nearby garbage eating of what seemed a dead body. He gripped his back and took out the first to and slamed the back backwards just in time to kill the third. He picked up a rock and threw it at the undead and wathed his fall off the building directly on his head. Then he teard to the last two.

After seeing the him leave I sat for a while, I felt like i couldn't sit and rest. Sighing I stand from my chair, gripping my axe, taking a breath, stretched a little and opened the door. "Hey," I say to Marcus. "I'm going out for a while, K?"

"Alright, Carly." Marcus sighed again. "You be careful, too. It's not safe out there despite how calm it looks now." He pleaded. "And you might want somethe faster and lighter than that. Here, I found this in the back." He walked over and handed Carley a thick hunting knife. "The quieter the better." He smiled weakly.

Jay looked out over the roof and pulled out her binoculars. Her deep ocean blue eyes scanned the area, looking for any survivors. Seeing no one, she put them up and pulled her jet black hair up into a high ponytail and picked up her machine gun. Her gloved hands gripped the gun as she walked slowly back down to ground floor. She slipped on her black cargo vest and tied up her black boots. She turned and looked into the blood spattered mirror. 'There had to be others. There has to be.' she thought to herself. Then, without another thought, she headed out the door in search of food, ammo, an survivors like her.

Aiden watched as the others left then turned towards the boy. "I'm sorry for snapping at you like that im just worn out; everyone is." He picked up his bow and resumed cleaning his arrows.

"Yeah..." Marcus went back to his chair and curled up in it.

Jay continued walking, still finding no one. She found another tall builiding and went inside to clear it out. When she got to the roof, she looked around the city to see if anyone else survived. "Hmm. This building seemed to be fairly empty. That can be good and bad." she mumbled to herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.