The Long and Dreary day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus spun around in shock and dropped his gun down, so he wouldn't accidentally fire on her. "Hey Carly." He put one finger over his mouth. "I heard somebody yelling, try to keep your voice down. We don't want to attract any attention."

"Yea," she giggle silently. " But i think we need to get out of here, go to an different town. The gunshots around here may attract hordes, and i brought some stuff like food in case." I just felt happy I wasn't alone. But then i hear a growl, something like some sort of cat. I start walking towards it where i heard it from. A dark ally, I could see an undead and a...cat. The cat seemed to be cornered by it, so i decided to run at it with my axe and cut its head off. The cat looked at me growling, but i didn't care i picked it up and it starts hissing at me. I give it a glare making which makes it stop and becomes calm.
It was beautiful Bombay cat, it was a bit dirtied up from mud and dust, but i held it tight trying to comfort it. I heard it purr as it lied up against my chest and i smiled at it.

Marcus went stiff. "Carly. DROP THE CAT." He tried not to yell. From his side of the cat, a huge gash was visible, and it looked infected. If the cat so much as knicked her with it's claw or teeth there was a good chance she could get infected, too. He drew his knife and walked up slowly, calmly behind Carly. He was ready to kill the cat if he had to. "Put it down slowly."

I looked at him worried, then looking down at the cat. "But it look so cute." I giggled a bit. I notice the gash looking sadly at it. "What if we can heal it." I say, holding it closer.

"You can't heal that, Carly. It looks like it's already dead." He cringed. "What if it get's pissed and scratches you? Cats are extremely irritable. It would be best just to put it out before it feels the pain..."

"okay," I sigh borely. "But we're not killing it." I scratch the cats ear then put it down seeing it run off.

Marcus put his knife away and sighed in relief. "Yeah, we should probably get going..." He looked around and felt an ache in his heart. "I'm gonna miss this place." He refrained from going into his horrible life story. He let out another sigh and shook slightly as he gripped the handle of his gun. "Let's go." He shook his head and began to walk out of the alley and down the road.

I follow him, with axe in hand with a tough grip. I look around cautiously, deep in thought about what was happening at the apartment. 'Was there really survivors inside the building?' thinking to myself not paying attention.

He stopped suddenly and put an arm out beside himself to stop her. "There's a group of them up ahead." Marcus whispered. Down near a dumpster were several zombies eating some sort of corpse. It was smaller than a person's body would look and he couldn't make it out from here. "Looks like some sort of animal." He whispered again trying to stay as quiet as possible. "They seem to like it alot, so if we go around them that way," he used his other arm to gesture toward an alley on the opposite street. "We can avoid them and then go straight for the highway. Sound like a plan?"

I shrug, griping my axe tight, noticing the zombies near the dumpster. I shivered nervously from hearing the groans from them. Looking away feeling sickened from seeing blood and gore. "Sure." I answer. I followed him toward the ally, feeling quite nervous afraid I might bump into something to make noise. So i decided to walk carefully making sure not to step on something to not make any type of sound. 'I never want to experience something being eaten by some human like....thing ever again.' I thought. I sigh continuing the walk, and look around to get the vision off my mind.

James looked around watching the undead roam around and devour the dead remains of humans and other courpse. He moved around them slowly gripping his crowbar in his hand and sprinted across the street and around the corner until he stopped abruptly at the undead that were there. It was a group of them and he was no match for a group like that alone. He backed up slowly and made his way around the corner looking for anyone that was alive. Just as he was wlaking he spotted and undead heading his way, lifting up his crowbar he slammed it across its head causing it to crash into the car making the glass break.
8089.jpg

Jace walked in the shadows Gripping his bow. He was in jeans and a white-beater with his quiver of arrows across his back. It had been sometime since the outbreak. He walked around a corner when he heard glass shatter. He knocked an arrow. There in the street a human fighting for his life against a swarm. He Raised and pulled back. He took aim, "Fly" he whispered and released. As the arrow flew it's tip glowed with a white light. it flew past the boy and into the swarm. It struck one of the undead in the head and a slight concussion released knocking some of the others to the ground. Jace walked out a little more and nocked another arrow. "hey kid you ok?" he called.

James was about to try to fight against the undead that were heading tword him from the sound of the glass that broke when he killed one of the undead when he saw something zoom past his head and hinto the skulls of the zombies one by one, He backed up slowly and stumbled. When he heard a voice he looked up at the guy across the street and he nodded slowly " yes im fine thanks alot i owe you one". He sprinted over twords the man and looked backed at the bodies of the undead.

Jace glanced at the boy then took aim and released a second arrow into the crowd. "Stay behind me for a second cover my back." jace said as he nocked a third arrow.

James nodded and then walked bwhind him looking around. From what he could see there was a few undead walking a few blocks away from they but they haden't seemed to notice them. He clenched his crowbar tight and watched as two headed thier way.

Jace focused his attention on the group in front of him. He raised his bow and took aim, sighting down the arrow like he had a hundred times over. "Light" he whispered again. and for the second time the tip of the arrow glowed. "Fly" he said in a clear voice and released the arrow. It flew at an increased speed tearing through the undead like a knife through soft butter. As the Arrow neared the center of the horde with it's shaft covered in blood and gore the light began to grow brighter. The undead covered their eyes stunned. The light faded quickly. It wasn't a strong power nor anything really special he was merely focusing the light around him onto the silver shaft of the arrow. He nocked two more arrows and sent them whizzing into the crowd a third followed not a second after. The undead dropped like flys. He glanced behind him at the boy. "how we doing back there?" he said in a raised tone.

James watched as two of the undead approached him slowly and he hit one causing it to stumble backwards and the other tried to grab him but he brought his crowbar up sideways and the undead grabbed that instead. He used some of his strenght and kicked the undead backwards and then slammed the bar across its head. Just when the other regained its stance he swung causing the the bar to crush its skull and the blood splattered on his shirt somewhat. Falling to the floor he kick the undead just to be sure " everythings fine".

Aiden smiled. This kids good he thought as he released another arrow. "It's almost clear here." he said he took aim and released another arrow. "Two left." he murmured. They were walking closer. He pulled n arrow out of the quiver but didn't nock it. He set his bow on his shoulder and rushed the final two. He slashed with the arrow while ducking a swing from one of the monsters. He slashed the one across the throat. the second grabbed his arm and tried to bit him. He drove the arrow through its lower jaw and into its brain. "Take that ya moldy bastard!" he said with a growl. he stood up and pulled the arrow out of it's head.

James was about to attack the two undead heading their way but in a flash the guy ran head first and sliced the undead and stabbed and arrow through its skull. He stared at the man in shock and amazed at his strength and skill. Walking over he rested his hand breifly on the man's shoulder " we need to find shelter". He backed up and looked around at all the blood and it made his stomach knot up.

"you right we do." Aiden said. He walked over the to the several bodies and tarted to collect his arrows. He went to the center of a the group and saw that one arrow was misshapen. Damnit he thought It's ruined. He turned to look at the boy. "Hey are you ok? you don't look so good." he asked and rushed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.