The Lonely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai blinked and looked up at Jay. "Why? What's wrong?" she whispered as the concession stand vendor brought their popcorn. At their right a tall attractive male with dark hair and pale skin crept forward. Everything about his movements were entrancing, at least to Kai. He smiled, not revealing his teeth. Kai gently squeezed Jay's hand as a feeling of dread went through her.

"What can I get you for?" the concession stand vendor asked the new customer.

"Some of that red candy." the man said, casting the two a side ways glance.

Jay hasn't noticed the man and kept his eyes on the menu and the women who was getting their food. He didn't realize that the danger was closer to them. He just knew they were being watched.

He felt Kai squeeze his hand and looked over at her. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked her. His eyes showed his worry but he kept his feet hidden. He didn't need her to feel concerned about her safety anymore than she did.

"O-oh uhm nothing." Kai reassured. "I just thought some of that red candy looked good too." she said nudging his attention towards the alluring man who was ordering treats beside him. The man shot her a charming and considerably flirty smile. Kai pressed closer to Jay as she felt his gaze. The other young man was charming, but somehow terrifying. "M-maybe we should just get into our movie quickly?"

Jay looked over at the red candy and grabbed some. "I guess." He said. He noticed the man was looking at Kai and when she pressed closer to him he knew she was scared. Jay looked over at the man, his eyes cold and his expression scary. "Yo, leave my girlfriend alone." He said, his voice like poison. He threw the red candy down and turned to the women who gave them their popcorn. His expression changed to make the women feel comfortable. "Thank you." He said and handed her the money. He grabbed the popcorn and handed the large soda over to Kai. He put two straws in it then led her toward where the room where the movie was being played. "Hey, calm down. Your with me." He whispered to her.

Kai relaxed a bit, somehow a bit pleased with Jay's display. She leaned her head against his arm somewhat affectionately. "Thank you." she whispered. "Let's hope our movie can go uninterrupted." The room was packed with a few couples and families eager to see the film. No one was aware of what hung in the balance.

The man who had ordered the red candy and been watching them smiled. This time his smile was far less alluring as his elongated canines glistened. "Well well, the little beasty has a new body guard, and a fierce one at that. This will be fun."

Jay smiled down at Kai. "No prob." He told her before they entered the dark room. The movie was just about to start so they had to find a good seat quickly. "Yeah. I don't wanna fight while were watching a movie. Ruins the mood." He agreed, nodding.

He led her to the back of the room which was also the highest. He sat down in one of the seats and held the other one down for Kai. He took thr soda and set it in the cup holder.

Kai followed closely. She couldn't help but glance around before letting herself relax. The main characters danced onto the screen and for about an hour their tale unfolded without interruption. However, about an hour into it the interruptions began. The gentleman from earlier made his way through the theater, seductively luring bystanders to sleep. He also partook of a few drops of blood, to boost his strength. Kai was pleased that the film seemed to be without interruption. She rather enjoyed the warmth and comfort of Jay's company. It was almost like it was a date, though she'd never actually been on one. She would have been happy to enjoy the date's continuation, but a blaring fire alarm shattered the illusion. People rose in a mass panick and ran for the door.

Jay watched Kai as she looked around the room and felt bad for her. It must be hard to be the key. He sighed softly and held her hand to keep her reasurred as they watched people dance across the movie screen. He was beginning to think it was a date and couldn't help but blush slightly. Jay hadn't just been watching the screen though. He was also watching the people below them. The only real reason he had them sit IP here was so he could keep an eye on everyone. Jay noticed the man from earlier and saw what he was doing to people. He narrowed his eyes and when the fire alarm went off he threw his jacket over Kai just in time for the sprinkles to go off. Jay calmly stood up as everyone ran and ran a hand through his wet black hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.