The Lonely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai blushed as he gently dried her eyes and her cheeks. She never imagined he would be such a wonderful person. She was really fortunate to hit him with her bike. She couldn't help but be amused that he called her a stray kitten. In a way she was a stray, orphaned and alone. Jay was the only comfort she had now. Though he told her not to worry about repaying him, she felt a strong need to do so in one way or another. Kai decided she would do everything in her power to make his life easier. She forced a smile onto her face.

"I can walk." she replied. "He never got close enough to injure me."

"That's good." Jay said and took her hand. "Folllw me." He said then led her behind a cafe. Hed held her hand tighter and soon everything went black around them. A few seconds later they were standing by his bike in front of the repair shop. Jay let go of Kai's hand and grabbed his helmet. He turned around and set on Kai's head then clipped it on firmly undsr her chin. He then lifted the seat of the bike and pulled out his own helmeg and clipped it on his head. He got on his bike and looked up at Kai. "Getting on?" He asked.

Kai was amazed by the sudden change in scenery. It was incredible. She had thought for the longest time that she was the only one with a gift. She nodded and climbed onto the bike, letting him take her where ever he wanted. Naturally, however, the ended up in front of the apartment building where they met. She stared at it in disbelief as she had felt a strong connection to the place her whole life and now she was again brought to it. She wondered if the connection she felt was because of Jay and his ability. Perhaps they were somehow connected. As he parked the bike she lit her grip around him loosen.

"Jay...are we going to your apartment?" she asked sheepishly. "I-if I could I would like to show you something."

Jay rode quickly, dodging the cars on the street. When they reached the aparment building he put a foot down on the ground and looked behind him at Kai as she spoke. "No, I havd to park my bike first." He told her then puy his foot up and drove around the back of the apartments. He parked his bike in his spot then took his helmet off and got off his bike. He set his helme on the handle of the bike and then unclipped Kai's. "There." He said then put his hands on Kai's sides and lifted her off his bike. He set her on the ground beside it then smiled. "Now, what do you want to show me?" He asked her, crossing his arms over his chest and raising a single brow in a questioning way.

Kai blushed as he removed the helmet for her and then lifted her off the bike. She felt a little bit dizzy from the bike. She listened closely as he spoke to her. Kai bashfully wrung her hands.

"I need you to take me to your apartment to show you." she said softly. "I assume you lock your front door?"

Kai hadn't shown anyone but her mother what she could do. She had the ability to unlock any door, no matter how tough. She'd tested it many times. She could also move through walls if she wanted to. However, that ability didn't always work like she wanted it to. Sometimes when she intended to walk through a wall she would just bump into it. Kai hadn't figured out controlling that one yet. Kai also knew that if she didn't keep her emotions and state of mind in check she could destroy things. She never intended to though. Kai followed Jay inside the complex. Her eyes drank in the scenery. She had often wanted to wander inside, and now she was in. They went in the back way. Kai wondered if Jay just didn't like the desk guy. That would be interesting.

"Of course." He said, answering her question. Jay led her to the elevator and stepped in. He pushed the number 16, the top floor. The doors closed and they began moving upward. He watched the numbers above the doors as they changed with each floor they approached and passed. When they reached the 16th floor he watched as the doors opened and stepped out. He walked down the hallway until theh reached the very last door on the left. Jay smiled and took out his key, ready to unlock his door.

Kai memorized the floor number and the apartment number. If she were in a jam she wanted to be able to return to their safe place. She stopped Jay from unlocking the door. "Please, let me show you this." she then pressed her palm to the door. A chink sound echoed in their ears as the door unlocked and slowly swung open. Kai then turned to search Jay's face. To be honest it was surprising to her that she was able to do that. The way she felt in her chest, mourning her mother, she was certain her emotions were too out of wack. But she did it. Jay seemed to give off a wave of calm that surrounded her and made it possible for her to concentrate. "I have an ability too."

Jay was a little confused by what she was doing. As she placed her hand on the door his confusion seemed to grow but so did his curiosity. He watched her and soon heard the same chink shound that signaled he had unlocked his door. Jay smirked and nodded a few times. "Nice." He said and patted Kai on the shoulder. "Come on in." He said and opened the door.

She smiled. For the first time she felt like her power was okay. She felt normal with Jay. For a moment she had forgotten the horrific sight of her mother's lifeless corpse. She entered the apartment and looked around in wonder. Jay had a nice place, and it looked comfortable enough. "I suppose the couch will do perfectly." she said sizing up his couch. She was pleased to see that his couch would be large enough for her to sleep on. "Er...would you like me to cook you something? I really would like to show you my gratitude."

Jay followed her in and shut the door behind him. He locked it then walked over to where she stood in his living room. He listened to her comment and smiled with relief when she thought she was able to sleep on it. He opened his mouth to say he wasn't hungry but his stomach rumbled before he spoke. Jay, feeling stupid, shrugged. "Yea, sure." He said

Kai went to his kitchen and filtered through his fridge before finding all the proper ingredients. She smiled and then went to his cupboards and found some spaghetti noodles. In about an hour she prepared for him spaghetti with marinara sauce, a basil, tomato, and mozzarella cheese salad. To top it all off she also prepared some quick garlic bread. Kai gladly served Jay the food and watched for his reaction. Kai wrung her hands a bit anxiously. Kai had always loved cooking. She had applied three times to the City's Culinary University, she was supposed to get a reply soon. Now Kai's life was on hold. She shook her head to fight back thoughts of her mother.

"Do you like it, Jay?"

As she entered his kitchen Jay turned and walked to his room where he gathered two blankets and two pillows. He brought them out into the kitchen and set then folded blankets on the couch then put the pillows on them. Since he still had spare time Jay decided to watch some T.V. while he waited. He turned the T.V. on with the remote and began watching About A Boy. He honestly loved ths show.

Jay was just about to play the movie Let's Be Cops on Netflix when Kai handed him a plate full of food. His eyes widened in surprise but he took the plate. He usually just heated up some Ramen and ate that. He rested the plate in his lap and took a bite. Once he finished he turned to her with bright eyes and a haply smile. "Delicous! I love it! You can stay here forever if it means I can eat food fit for a five star restaurant." He told her before eating some more. The. He remembered the movie and turned to her again. "Dish yourself up and sit down. Were watching a movie." He said.

She chuckled and served herself a small helping. "Uh oh, I better be careful what I prepare for you. I don't want to make you fat." she teased. she sat down beside him and ate her portion slowly, savoring the flavors. She was still trying to distract herself. She didn't want to break down again, not in front of Jay. When she finished she gathered their plates and took them to the sink to wash. "Thank you for protecting me. I'm really sorry I got you involved in this..." Kai washed the dishes thoroughly. Somehow she couldn't help but think she would have been lectured by her mom for staying in a 'boy's' apartment. The thought amused her for a moment, but then she felt the tears again and struggled to choke them down.

Jay laughed at the joke and continued eating. He played the movie and they watched it as they ate. He soon finished then Kai and smiled at her when she took their plates. At what she said Jay sighed and leaned back. "No need to be. I've been involved with demons since I was young." He told her, his eyes becoming clouded with anger, regret, and sadness. He quickly shook gisvhead and paused the movie. He stood up and stretched before checking his phone. It was early evening.

The image of her mother lying in a pool of blood caused her wretch and almost vomit. She tried to shake off the thoughts. She forced herself to think of recipes to change her thought process. She didn't notice that the knives in the knife block were rattling. Her distress was really showing. Kai tried not to recall to her mind the recipes her mom taught her, but it was difficult. Kai was beginning the stages of grief. She shook her head and instead focused on the words she just heard Jay say. "R-really. I'll bet that was rough."

Jay stood up, hearing the rattling and walked over to her. "Pretty much. But you get used to it." He said before he leaned closer to her, their faces only inches apart. He stared into her eyes and smiled charmingly. "You know, you have beautiful eyes." He said, hoping to get her mind off of her mom. He winked at her before he leaned back a little and pulled out some money. "How about a movie? My treat." He told her, smirking now.

The moment Jay was close to her her mind went blank. The knives went still. Kai looked at him as he spoke, but somehow her eyes only saw his lips. "Y-yeah. That sounds nice." she forced a smile to her face. She looked at Jay as he sat back. Calmness and comfort seemed to pour off of him and bathe her. Kai pursed her lips a moment as if thinking about something before she put her arms around him and hugged him. "Thank you. You are so kind, Jay."

((Time jump?))

{Sure}

Jay got off his bike and undid his helmet. They were outside the movie theater. He set his helmet on one of the handles. He put the kickstand down to keep his bike from tipping over then looked over at Kai with a smile. "What kind of movie do you wanna watch?" He asked her kindly.

Kai eyed the movie list and chose an action film. She enjoyed action adventure and had always longed for adventure. However, if she'd known what was in store for her she would never have had that desire. As they went into the theater, Kai's chest felt heavy. She could swear that they were being watched. Little did they know that a demon out to kid nap her and a vampire out to kill her were nearby, watching and preparing to attack.

Jay smiled at her choice. "Nice." He said. He gave the women money for two tickets before leading Kai inside. He walked over to the food counter, holding Kai's hand to keep her close. "One large popcorn and Cola with two straws." He ordered. He could feel someone watching them but ignored it. "Don't look around." He warned Kai.

Status
Not open for further replies.