4. One post per day
  5. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
the lonely patients club

3sirpRGQc4p3fxWYfSf271ecBkWttyIGp7SJy6J3-ugm2KDk9pOYmwuIEUNNMB3tzGFshX0-nKpNT-Z1UmYAh-OkKA3HjaYpD4EfF0s-=w500-h201-nc

Out of Character || Character Index || In Character
• • •
[bg=#d9d[/COLOR]
premise
[bg=#d9d9d9]
[/bg][bg=#d9d9d9]

For years, Honeyoak's Hospital has been home to all sorts of sick people, whether physically or mentally. Because it's situated in such a small town, almost everyone knows everyone. Yet even then, there are people who feel left out, even if they aren't. They're not alone, but they still feel lonely. These are the people that belong to a specific club. It was formed in Honeyoak's Hospital as a way for the youngsters to interact with one another and not feel alone in that huge building while they struggle with whatever sicknesses they have. These health issues tend to make even the most popular or loved person feel isolated simply because they're different.

As a part of this club, there are no differences except for personality and diagnosis. Everyone has some sort of fate and together, they can help each other overcome it.

This is The Lonely Patients Club.

[note that this is not entirely an original idea, i was inspire by the show The Red Band Society]

[/bg]
rules
[bg=#d9d9d9]
[/bg][bg=#d9d9d9]

- this is more or less a first come, first serve basis, however it also depends on your writing skill. When you apply, please state which role you want, which health problem you will be taking, along with the name of your face claim and one paragraph in character of the role you want as a sample for me to see your writing. I do not expect a waterfall of beautiful language, I just want people who can write decent sentences and structure them well -

- please be committed if you are applying and don't drop out -

- this is semi detailed so please be able to post at least 2-3 good sized paragraphs -

- no mary/gary sues, no godmodding, no bullying and keep the drama to the roleplay -

- as gm, whatever i say goes so please respect that -

- real face claims only -

- explicit scenes fade to black -

- a majority of these problems must be related to physical health. I will allow only one or two to have mental issues -

- please say 'I am a lonely patient' as a password when you are applying -

- do not post any character sheets unless you have been accepted and use only my form -

[/bg]
roles
[bg=#d9d9d9]
[/bg][bg=#d9d9d9]

THE CHEERLEADER [ taken by @MaryGold ]

She's known by all and she comes from a rich family, but even at home there are problems that she doesn't like to discuss with everyone else. She acts like nothing is really wrong and even when she's in the hospital, she's doing her best to keep up with the latest news and trends. She's constantly stuck to her phone and acts like she could do better than chatting with some people part of the club, but what she'll never admit is that it's actually been helping her a lot to be a part of it. She might be slowly accepting the fact that it's helping her though, especially when she starts to get quite fond of The Geek.

THE BAD BOY [ taken by @darkflames13 ]

He's been trouble since he was a toddler, always up to mischief and definitely no stranger to breaking the rules when he can. He's one of the newer members of the club but even then he's managed to strike up a record as a patient that causes a ruckus wherever he goes. He just can't sit still and he's a rebel. He doesn't come from a great home things are only worse because of his sickness but he acts as if he doesn't care about any of this, when reality he does. He's just built up a wall to keep out all emotions, but one person, The Artist, is slowly managing to get through and he's really starting to like her. He's just afraid of what might happen if she finds out about his home life.

THE GEEK [ taken by @Lulunopia ]

He's the quiet one, the one that loves to read and can always be seen immersed in a book or immersed in intellectual conversations. He's smart but he's also a dork because it's possible to being outt he inner fanboy in him when you mention comics. He's one of the oldest members of the club so he knows basically everyone, and he tries to act friendly to them all. The most materialistic of them is the one that catches his eye though because The Cheerleader is probably the first one to come by that he can't seem to get through to.

THE CLOSET CASE [ taken by @IceQueen ]

She's mean, she's cold, and she's basically a bitch. And there are rarely any exceptions. She uses her words like knives and it's usually just to hide the fact that she's a lesbian. Her status means everything to her and while she knows she's just not into guys, she has tried as much as possible to push her other feelings away. Anyone that tries to explain it to her gets a verbal beating from her in return and with her sickness, it only makes things worse. She doesn't really want to spend her time sitting in a support group and talking about her feelings, but she's now realising that it could help, especially when she sees The New Girl, who happens to catch her eye and also happens to be openly bisexual.

THE THESPIAN [ taken by @MadKingJai™ ]

He's wanted to get into theatre for the longest time. He was born to be on the stage and brighten up people's lives with his charismatic nature. He can be a goof when he wants to be but he's serious when it comes to performance. He hasn't had the best school life since he's been bullied ever since he came out as gay in middle school, so he's fine being stuck in the hospital. There are days when he's severely depressed with the state of things, but when he comes across someone seemingly more depressed than him, which happens to be The Loner, he becomes more interested and decides to do what he can to try and make this guy smile.

THE ARTIST [ taken by @Nate ☼ ]

She's another member who's been around the longest, so she's pretty close to The Geek. She's a kind soul, someone who's caring but also adventurous and open to new things. Her background is a little rocky, and to most, a mystery, and she intends on keeping it that way for the duration of her stay at the hospital. She's always intent on helping people or animals and she uses her art as a way to express her feelings most of the time. She's constantly on the move, talking to different people, but as of late she's been interested in The Bad Boy because she knows there's more behind that mask.

THE LONER [ taken by @Spectre of the Fade ]

He's been lonely almost his whole life, and most people don't know if it's because he prefers it that way or if it's because of something else. The truth is that someone had spread a rumour about him durin gmiddle school and since then, people haven't really been too keen on talking to him. Simce them, the rumour has been spun various different ways and he knows whatever he says won't help so he jst keeps to himself and occupies himself with his interests. It's only when The Thespian comes and tries to break him out of his shell does he really think he has a shot at making friends, or maybe even more.

THE NEW GIRL [ taken by @Alexstrasza ]

She just moved to the town as a transfer student, and now, a transfer in the hospital too. She's a girl with energy and she's kind of goofy and she has a charm that makes it hard for people to dislike her. She's pretty easygoing and she enjoys the simple things in life. She remains an optimist no matter what the situation is, which is why she is drawn to The Closet Case because she seems pretty pessimistic about everything. There's an undeniable chemistry when they're together, but will she be able to help The Closet Case come out before either one of them have to say goodbye?

[/bg]
[bg=#d9d[/COLOR][/bg]
[bg=#d9d[div="background-color: #d94a26; padding: 8px; width: 80%; font-size: 8px; margin: auto;"]coded by nate[/bg]
[bg=#d9d[div="background-color: #d94a26; padding: 8px; width: 80%; font-size: 8px; margin: auto;"][/bg][bg=#d9d[div="background-color: #d94a26; padding: 8px; width: 80%; font-size: 8px; margin: auto;"][/bg][/color][/div][bg=#d9d[/COLOR][/bg]
[bg=#d9d[/COLOR][/bg]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
ROLE: The Thespian
HEALTH PROBLEM: Bone Cancer
FC: Josh Bartley
1691-josh-bartley-jamile-23.jpg-479_3.jpg

Today was just like any other day at Honeyoak's Hospital for (Character's Name). He was making his way around, trying to make everyone laugh and live a little. Hospitals were usually depressing places; but not with him around. (Character's Name) was always the sunlight in the darkest of clouds. He knew just what to say to make someone smile and feel better about their own life. While he was suffering from a disease that could and would eventually kill him, (CN) wouldn't live the rest of his short life, crying in his hospital bed. There were always days where he wished he could go out and live on Broadway and perform, but those days were nowhere in sight. Instead. "Hey! Nurse (Name), are we still good for that performance in the children ward later today?" Getting a nod in response. "Awesome. I have to go and tell everyone else." He sprinted down the halls to find the other members of The Lonely Patients Club.

"I am a Lonely Patient" *And I also Love Red Band Society... mad it got canceled.* XD.

Last edited:
ROLE: The Thespian
HEALTH PROBLEM: Cystic Fibrosis/CF
FC: Josh Bartley
1691-josh-bartley-jamile-23.jpg-479_3.jpg

Today was just like any other day at Honeyoak's Hospital for (Character's Name). He was making his way around, trying to make everyone laugh and live a little. Hospitals were usually depressing places; but not with him around. (Character's Name) was always the sunlight in the darkest of clouds. He knew just what to say to make someone smile and feel better about their own life. While he was suffering from a disease that could and would eventually kill him, (CN) wouldn't live the rest of his short life, crying in his hospital bed. There were always days where he wished he could go out and live on Broadway and perform, but those days were nowhere in sight. Instead. "Hey! Nurse (Name), are we still good for that performance in the children ward later today?" Getting a nod in response. "Awesome. I have to go and tell everyone else." He sprinted down the halls to find the other members of The Lonely Patients Club.

"I am a Lonely Patient" *And I also Love Red Band Society... mad it got canceled.* XD.

He looks great! The only thing is -- and I should Have mentioned this before so that's my fault -- but my character actually has Cystic Fibrosis, so may I ask you to change that particular detail? Apart from that, everything looks great and you are accepted :3

He looks great! The only thing is -- and I should Have mentioned this before so that's my fault -- but my character actually has Cystic Fibrosis, so may I ask you to change that particular detail? Apart from that, everything looks great and you are accepted :3
Cool. I'll find another^^. XD

• Love
Reactions: Nate ☼
Changed to Bone Cancer

• Thank You
Thank you for tagging people!
You're welcome. I really like this so hopefully it gets full and we can get the show on the role^^.

You're welcome. I really like this so hopefully it gets full and we can get the show on the role^^.
Yep! That's why I put a limited number of roles so that if hopefully fills up fast :3 I'm eager to start :3

I was tagged and I have read. I'll be a little awall starting Thursday because I'll be on vacation but if you'll have me I'll write up something for the closet case

• Bucket of Rainbows
I was tagged and I have read. I'll be a little awall starting Thursday because I'll be on vacation but if you'll have me I'll write up something for the closet case
Mm well I guess that depends on how long you'll be gone? I don't require you to be online all day but on the off chance the RP does move fast then I wouldn't want you to miss out.

Mm well I guess that depends on how long you'll be gone? I don't require you to be online all day but on the off chance the RP does move fast then I wouldn't want you to miss out.
I'll be gone till next Tuesday but I will have some time online here and there to check in. And now that Justin has sufficiently roused me out of bed I can write a thingy

I'll be gone till next Tuesday but I will have some time online here and there to check in. And now that Justin has sufficiently roused me out of bed I can write a thingy
Then that will be fine I think :3 you can go ahead and write something up for the role you want. :)

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Role: The Closet Case
Diagnosis: Congenital heart disease
Face Claim: Brianna Hildebrand

(Character name) woke up to another day in hell as she saw it. Blank walls with little to nothing that made her feel comfortable. She wanted out of this hell hole, but with her Congential Heart Disease there wasn't much hope of that anytime soon unless she got a new heart. As per usual the thespian was wandering around the halls like some god given saint making everyone feel better. At the least by now he knew better than to stop by her room for a quick chat. She hated people pretending like she wasn't sitting in a bed inches away from death at all times, like her next cough couldn't kill her. She was already medications several times a day with the nurses, she didn't need someone extra trying to cheer her up or try and stop her from wearing black. If she was going to die might as well look stylish while she did. Every day (CN) would put on her dark eyeliner and lipstick for herself. It made her feel like she had some form of control over her life while she waited on death's doorway alone with a heart monitor by her side.

"I am a lonely patient, said no one ever. Shit heads."

@IceQueen CF is already Taken by Nate. I was going to use it too XD. Popular.

Well shit. Icey can't read. Lemme just go find something else and add that thing that I forgot like an idiot

@IceQueen CF is already Taken by Nate. I was going to use it too XD. Popular.
I've been watching night shift and there's a girl on there with CF. first thing I could think of.

Lemme see, what else can I do that sucks major.

Heart failure sound good?

I've been watching night shift and there's a girl on there with CF. first thing I could think of.

Lemme see, what else can I do that sucks major.

Heart failure sound good?
Yeah. That is a good one XD. **Sounds soo bad saying Heart Failure is good... but for the rp, yeah.**

Congenital heart disease it is