The Lonely Girl

"N-naw I'm fine. So what do the ghosts say? I can't imagine it would be anything too good. I mean, how many people are happy that they're dead, right?" He laughed a little as he crossed the next street. 2 more blocks and they'd be at the pizza place. He rubbed his stomach as it began to growl.

Areiz gave him a skeptical look, but didn't push it. "They usually just tease me, knowing I can see and hear them, but if I tell them to go, they usually do." She glanced down the road, looking at the surrounding areas.

Slowly growing accustomed to the cold, Nick looked over at Areiz, "That must've been hard growing up for you. I mean, what did everyone think when you told them you could see ghosts?" Placing his hands behind his head, he began to yawn. Man I really gotta stop staying up so late. Looking forward, he could see that the pizza place was only another block away. He could see a girl standing in front of it with a guy who he presumed to be Lillith and Jake. He raised his hand to wave over at them, even though they weren't looking.

She shook her head. "Actually, very few people know about it. And those who did, usually ran away." She looked over to Lilith and Jake, but decided not to draw attention yet, she didn't exactly want to end the trip so soon.

Shadow knocked lightly on the door of a classroom that she was pretty sure was her current period. Mentally sighing at the idea of school, she tried to reassure herself that she could still have fun. There had to be some gangs or petty thieves that she could 'have her way with'. She doubted she'd be caught either, but that amused her more. With a sudden change of thought, she wondered what she'd have for dinner tonight. Seasoned hamburgers and fries sound delicious.

"They run away? Man people can be so judgmental. I think it's awesome. So is it just humans you see or is it, like, everything?" He continued walking. As he walked he couldn't help but to think of that girl he'd run into in the hallway Man, who is she? She's so....different. He shrugged it off, pulling out a coin he had in his pocket. While he walked, he practiced lifting the coin off of his hand.

"Mostly I see humans. I've seen one or two dogs though." She said, looking up at the sky and ignoring a hushed whisper from a ghost of a young girl.

Nick thought of the idea that a whole town of ghosts was surrounding, walking past and through him. The idea made him shiver, Yeesh that's creepy. "He turned to Areiz, "You seem too nice to be a ghost whisperer. Aren't they supposed to be all weird and creepy or something?" He gave a little laugh.

Areiz smiled. "The creepy ones are the ones who can't block out the ghosts." She moved her hand, pushing away a ghost that had been circling her since they left the building. "Because all the voices constantly talking can kinda make them seem weird." She said.