The Lonely Girl

Areiz nodded to show she understood as she started putting her stuff into her bag, setting her finished assignment on the Professor's desk. She looked over at Nick and waited to follow him out, her hand slipping themselves into the pockets of her black jacket.

( So everyone in the school has so kind of talent or trait that makes them special? Like being a werewolf or the ability to control stuff?)

(Cool, I guess. Do you know if they have uniforms?)

Shadow walked up to the school slowly, not feeling the need to hurry. She didn't like school, it felt like a waste of the precious life she'd been given. She had wanted to go snowboarding in the mountains somewhere, but her 'guardians' insisted that just because she got expelled from her last school, it didn't mean they would let her go without an education. What a pain, she thought with a sigh. She pulled her bag over her head so that it sat comfortable across her back. It was a black travel bag that had one wide strap to go across her torso. It was pretty old, but it was reliable. Unlike the chances of her surviving the long hours of a school day.

Placing his assignment on the proffesor's desk, Nick walked past Areiz and out the door, turning around to ask her "Where do you think we should look first?" He winked at her, showing that he didn't really want to go and look for them. Sure if we find them that's great, but they could really be anywhere. Might as well have a little fun while we look for them. He thought slyly to himself.

Areiz shrugged, smiling a little at Nick as she exited the room. "Jake said something about pizza, I think." she said, ignoring a nearby ghost which laughed into her ear. "Any ideas on what that would be?" She asked.

Nick's mouth began to water "Pizza...." He said in a dream like state, I haven't had anything to eat today. I'm starving. "Yeah sure pizza sounds great." He began walking down the hallway to the exit "Now, I only know of the one pizza place a couple of blocks from here. It's a short walk really. Unless you wanted to drive?" He thought of his car I doubt that old thing could take me 5 feet, led alone a couple of blocks. He started walking backwards so that he could face Areiz while he talked to her.

"We can walk." She said, following him, still smiling. "I think that's the only one in town, but then again, I don't get out a lot." Areiz said casually.

Thinking back, Nick agreed, "Yeah, I haven't really seen you outside of school. Why's that? You seem like a nice person. Does it have to do with your uhh, power?" Nick could imagine how people would react if someone used their power outside of school. Thinking back to when he first learnt his power, he couldn't help but laugh a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow opened the door to the school and stepped inside only to have a student bump right into her. Giving a pained grunt, she instinctively shoved him forward, grabbing her injuried nose. "Be careful!" She snapped, the heat of the moment making her temper flair, "There's a reason people walk facing forward, you know!"​

Lillith was relaxing in front of a nearby pizza place with Jake. She knew her mother would be looking for her.

Still walking backwards, almost to the door, Nick's thoughts of the first time he discovered his power were interrupted as he bumped into something behind him. Turning around to see what it was, he felt two hands press up against him and push him into a wall. Bracing the impact with his hands, he quickly turned around and demanded, "What was that for?" His voice grew quieter as he saw who pushed him. Squinting at her, he asked "Are you new here? I've never seen you before."

"Yeah. It's a little annoying to see four hundred ghosts walking around." She said, smiling until he was pushed against the wall by a girl. "Hey, careful please." Areiz said. "You don't want to get suspended for fights."

Shadow snorted at the girl's comment. "Maybe if he'd been walking the way he should have been walking, I wouldn't have had to remove him from my personal space," She growled, moving past them, "And yes, as of today, I am a new student. No need to show me around, if I keep walking around I'm sure I'll get somewhere." The incident was already fading from her mind as she shoved these students to the back of her memory. They were only students after all, no need to take the time to remember them.

Areiz rubbed the back of her neck. "Umm..bye then." She said as the girl pushed passed. She stepped towards Nick. "You okay?"

Staring at her as she walked away, he yelled out to her, "You might want to wait until the headmasters out of the classroom before you go in. If she catches you being late, she'll have your head on a platter" Turning around, Nick continued to walk out the doorway, only this time facing forwards. "So you can see ghosts?" He asked to Areiz, ignoring her question. He didn't want to bring up the fact that he just got pushed around by a girl.

"Yeah." She said. "Ghosts, spirits, angels and demons, all those things that seem invisible to the human eye." Areiz watched Nick, putting her hands in her pockets.

Demons? Spirits? Angels? It's a flipping marvel she hasn't gone insane! "Doesn't it get.....overwhelming sometimes? I mean all those voices and people just moving past you all the time has to drive you mad sometimes, right?" Shivering slightly, Nick looked down to see that he forgot his jacket. I was in such a rush to get out of class, I forgot to grab my stuff. He thought to himself. He crossed the road to the other side of the school.

Shadow ignored the voice in the back of her head that protested the way she had treated the students as she continued down the hall. She knew she didn't have to worry about the headmaster. She had met the woman before, suprisingly she and Shadow's guardians were close friends. She had liked the woman's attitude and they had gotten along pretty well, besides her plane was delayed in both taking off and landing, losing her a few hours sleep before she had to go to school.

Areiz nodded. "It gets overwhelming a lot, but I've gotten to where I can ignore a few of them at once, so it helps a little...Are you cold?" She asked gently.