The Lirian Revolution Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I wait Nienn to bring the prisoners forth or can I post about before she shows up?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll do an intro post of him interacting with the guards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Hadrian Sebastian Marks

Aliases and Nicknames: Harry, Seb, The Chemist, Mad Marks, Hard A** (The last two are used by his detractors mostly.)

Race: Human

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:
cd94ef21b8161a019050d02e94a15b2b.jpg

Personality: Due to his career as an alchemist, Hadrian's behavior can only be described as one of intensely regimented actions bordering on insanity. He is constantly fidgeting about with his clothing and various potions, tonics, and liquid bombs, ensuring that a leak has not sprung in any of his bottles. He generally speaks at a fast rate as an attempt to save time, causing no small amount of difficulty for his companions to understand his ramblings. He considers it insulting to have to explain anything more than once, and makes it abundantly clear that he dislikes those who disregard his advice or instructions in handling his creations.

Magic Ability: Because of his family's blood, Hadrian was born with the ability to infuse his potions with various effects such as healing, sense-enhancing, and explosive properties. Along with this, he is also able to discern the properties and purposes of a potion created by another alchemist due to an ability to sense the magical auras of the ingredients used in potions. However, he has shown no other powers beside these, leaving him to rely on his wits and his average strength in most cases as his potions take time to create.

History: Born to a family that counted a few mages amongst its ranks (his father one of them), Marks was from birth eyed as another possible addition to the family's magical tradition. However, by the time he was eight, his parents had given up on any possibility of their son wielding magic in any form except in creating potions as he failed to show even kind of talent with commanding any of the elements or with manipulating others through magical means. Therefore, Hadrian was made to work in his father's apothecary and potion shop where he spent many days simply jotting down orders and taking inventory of various ingredients. The work was mostly dull as most of the citizenry were skeptical that his father's work was legitimate, leaving the boy with plenty of time to both experiment with various liquids and to also grow jealous of the showering of praise given to his younger brother and sister who both showed they could use magic to greater degrees than Hadrian.

With numerous hours to himself in the shop, Hadrian set to prove to his relatives that his abilities held just as much merit as the flashier bits of magic they used. To that end, he began creating his own recipes that were generally cheaper and more effective than his father's brews. With several cheap potions that cured various diseases, the boy soon began selling his potions to the people of his town. However, unlike his father who waited for others to come to his store, Hadrian made his way to the people themselves, humbly presenting his wares to those in need and barely selling them for a profit. Combined with his already cheaper ingredients and a near perfect track record of potions preforming their intended uses, this allowed the boy to undercut his father's prices and sales by a wide margin and by the time Hadrian was fifteen, most of the people agreed that while his father's wares were still untrustworthy, Hadrian was always someone to work on projects.

However, Hadrian's father, Regulus, was driven to rage when he discovered his son's actions. The two came to blows when Hadrian was sixteen, resulting in him leaving his family's home and disowning them while Regulus attempted to smear his son's reputation by planting inferior potions amongst the younger man's supply. For a few weeks afterwards, the two Marks men began an unofficial war with each other with Regulus trying to drive Hadrian out of their town while the boy tried to hold out against his father. Eventually, Hadrian had had enough and began making plans to move to the former capital of the kingdom.

As a final farewell to his family and town, Hadrian used what money he had left to hire several men to help him attack the apothecary he had once worked in. Preparing for a few days in advance, the young alchemist was ready as he had handed each of his men three corked bottles filled with a green brew and instructed them to only uncork them before they threw the bottles. Finally, the night came when the attack occurred and it was for many a terrifying one. Most only knew that the apothecary had been surrounded by a mob of men carrying green bottles before it exploded into a spectacular firestorm. None of citizens would hear the tale from Hadrian as he had vanished after the attack, leaving as soon as the attack had ended.

Little is known of why Hadrian joined the Revolution after he left his home or why he has stayed with it as long as he has. If asked, he will always explain with a simple shrug, "It feeds me well enough and not every one in it is a complete idiot." In any case, he remains loyal to the cause and does not plan to leave anytime soon.

Side of the war: Revolutionary as it appears one spot is still open. If not, then I guess I can change the last bit of his history to say he was in Meagan when it was attacked.

Additional Details:
- Has a burn scar on his left forearm due to an accidental leak in one of his nastier potions. The pain from the burn and the subsequent scar now serve of a constant reminder that his work could kill him and his allies just as easily as it saves them.

-Carries a small war hammer and a short sword along with the rest of his gear in case his enemies draw too close to him.

@Conrad Norwood he sounds really cool. Feel free to drop into the ic thread.
We are expecting an attack from the Eastern Empire on the rebels, so please be aware

I hope the Imperial soldiers like being seen as flaming because Hadrian is pretty free with his bombs.

You guys still have room? I have an idea for a mercenary character kicking around.

The window of introducing more characters is getting slim. In a couple days I won't be accepting anymore characters. So you may go ahead and post a character if you'd like

Think I'll bring back an character from an old RP.

Name: Bethan Traherne

Race: Human

Sexuality: Straight-ish

Appearance:

Personality:
Bethan regards herselves as an independent soul, so much so that they might be easily manipulated by this tendancy. They live for battle but won't kill needlessly, the worst a yield might earn an opponent is a boot to the head for bothing to waste their time. They're quick to make friends and cherish each moment as long term friendships are hard to come by in their line of work, harder still with their unusual condition.

Magic Ability:
Bethan is not a single individual, but instead is a pair of twins that share a single mind. As such, they peerless in a battle of skill with twice the mind and near perfection when it comes to teamwork.

History:
The twin daughters of a warlord in a far off clan, a pair of arrange weddings were shattered when the sons of both rival clans were murdered in their sleep and the brides to be missing. Since then a pair of 'Valkyries' have been known to sell theirs skills with their swords.

Side of the war: Mercenary

Additional Details:
They each carry a longsword and eschew armour in favour of using their skills to avoid harm.

Did Mehmm just attack Meagan or was that another town nearby?

EDIT: The previous post said they were going to Leevan. Maybe that's the town he demolished.

EDIT:: Reread the posts its Leevan. I'm a dummy. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheFake Would you mind explaining how one person is a twin? Do they share one body, but have two different minds?

will post tomorrow

@TheFake Would you mind explaining how one person is a twin? Do they share one body, but have two different minds?

More the opposite. Its a single mind shared two bodies. I may have been a little ambiguous in the wording because she prefers to be referred to in the singular sense. I'll make some edits on my break at work.

@ElPresidente I've just got to say the song was perfect for that post.

More the opposite. Its a single mind shared two bodies. I may have been a little ambiguous in the wording because she prefers to be referred to in the singular sense. I'll make some edits on my break at work.
I feel like the two entities in one single body might not work in this universe. :/

I feel like the two entities in one single body might not work in this universe. :/
I think I was Ambiguous again :(

It's 2 physical bodies but a single mind controls both of them.

How exactly do you plan on writing two bodies with one mind?
More or less as two characters. I'll make it easier to read by referring to one as the 'white' twin and one as the 'black'.

A pair of creepy twins. Like a fantasy version of the girls from "The Shining." With swords. *shudders*

More or less as two characters. I'll make it easier to read by referring to one as the 'white' twin and one as the 'black'.
If you can make it work then we'll give it a shot. Consider yourself accepted and the final member.

Status
Not open for further replies.