The Lirian Revolution Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, hopefully we should be starting sometime around Sunday and by Tuesday at the latest

Reactions: AAB
Name: Emera Goseck
Race: Human
Sexuality: Demisexual

Appearance:
LBYkJUs.png

Personality: Emera has always felt she had something to make up to the world, as if being born incorrectly was a mark against her she had to overcome. And she was dutiful, both at the lessons that were begrudgingly offered to her and at serving as Princess Nadia's handmaid. Emera shows very little emotion, unlike her cousin. But she is secretly frustrated at Nadia's regime.
Magic Ability: None

History: Lord Arvin Goseck had three children: Johanna, Alaric, and Galiena. Johanna married Prince Maxim Sphinx, who soon became the king, and bore him three children: Niko, Katerina, and Nadia.

The autumn before Nadia was born, Lord Goseck threw a harvest feast to celebrate a prosperous year. Spirits were high and wine flowed freely. A handsome minstrel attended the celebration and was seen alone with Galiena that night.

That winter, Galiena found she was with child. Knowing her father would be furious, she sent a message to her sister the queen asking for help. With permission from the king, Johanna invited Galiena to the palace to stay until the baby was born. Nadia was born the next Spring, and Emera was born four months later.

Come winter, Galiena had overstayed her welcome. The king demanded she leave immediately. She hurriedly packed up her things, the nurse scooped up the child for her, and she returned to her father's house. A couple of years later, Galiena was married off. Emera remained with her grandfather, who was displeased at having an illegitimate child in the house but considered it better than letting her out.

When Emera was twelve, Queen Johanna sent a message to her father suggesting the girl come to the palace to serve as a handmaid to Princess Nadia. After all, the two girls were the same age and Emera was well-mannered. Lord Goseck readily agreed, and Emera spent much of her life as a companion to Nadia. When Nadia escaped, Emera was alongside her.

Side of the war: Revolutionary

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
Ooh, this looks awesome!
I'll be on the lookout for this game.

@AAB if they were on the side of the Sphinx's, then they'd be Eastern, if I'm not mistaken

@deshiwitat I thought the Imperial family's name was Sphinx?

So when is Urza going to be accepted? Like, added to the list of imperial troops?

@Deshwitat omg did I forget to add him? Obviously I'm not all together with this thread. He will be promptly added.
EDIT: I fixed it and he's been added to the IC thread. I'm sorry DX

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to join, so I hope it isn't too late.

Name: Hinzer Jurgaeo
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: https://33.media.tumblr.com/d1c3c403407f091e47593501774a80cf/tumblr_nec2ii1rIt1r2344uo1_1280.jpg

Personality: Hinzer wouldn't kill a fly, for such things can be manipulated when living, as can all things. Hinzer has a subtlety to him, so that none notice his influence. He is very reasonable, and prides himself for his skills of rhetoric. Yet even through all his deception and cunning, Hinzer has a strong moral code. His efforts are for the sake of his philosophy, and his dream of a democracy, not a monarchy, that could envelope the kingdom and surrounding territories with its just rulings.

History: Hinzer does not share his surname with his parents, his is a meld. The first name is Hurias, which was the name of an old philosopher who is not to well known. The second name is Gaeojy, the name of a warrior who heavily influenced Hinzer's life. Hinzer was born in an out-of-the-way town at the base of a mountain range. He was first destined to be a miner, and his firstborn older brother was to inherit the farm, but fate would not have it that way. Hinzer's father had always generously sent food to a part of the empire with the express purpose of breeding warriors. Hinzer was 13 when his brother, who was 19 was sent to deliver the food, and Hinzer was permitted to come along. When there, his brother foolishly attacked a soldier who refused to show mercy to a civilian woman. His brother was killed, and Hinzer was left to weep in the streets. After he had mourned for a good hour, he heard a crying of sorts coming from the house of the woman. He entered the house, and found a baby who couldn't have been more than a year old, but had a special aura. Hinzer could guess the woman's crime. She had bred with something unnatural, and this child was the result. Though it was sure to be a ghastly man someday, Hinzer showed mercy. It was not the fault of the child he could not be fully human, then again, humans would be at his mercy, so it would be better to pity them. He carried the baby to a warrior, one far to concerned with training to notice the aura, and left the child to become a monster. He returned to the body of his brother so that he could return home with it, and he found the man in this picture leaning over it.

Hinzer inquired as to who the man was, but could not get a straight answer. After a few minutes he was content with not knowing. The questions the man caused him to ask about other things made him far to curious to ask for simple things like names. Hinzer didn't return home that day until long after night fell, but his whole outlook on life had changed. Now he frequently went into the mountains simply to ponder. After five days he met the old man again up there in the mountains. Hinzer finally learned his name, Hurias. They spoke for a long while, and Hinzer had a new goal. He dreamt of a democratic state, and knew it had to come to pass. Day after day they spoke in the mountains, but one day he did not come. In his place was a band of men, of the like Hinzer had never seen. Still, he knew who they were. Barbaric described them so well that it was clear they were barbarians of no loyalties. Hinzer began to flee back towards the village, but another group stopped him in his tracks. How many of them were there? They said something about stopping me from warning the village... That meant it was under attack, or would be very soon. He fled again, but this time his course veered away from the village. Four from the group that had been in his path chased after him, and kept him heading away from his home. Hinzer grew tired, and it was plain to see the barbarians were more fit than he was. They drew close, and Hinzer thought all was lost for sure, but then the warrior arrived. He fired into the barbarians and slew them all in an instant, each motion being fluent, and not a single twitch was without its devastating purpose. The warrior stood for only a moment before Hinzer asked his name. "Gaeojy" was the reply.
dark-medieval-knight.jpg
The warrior ran off towards the village, and Hinzer followed as fast as he could. When Hinzer finally did arrive the village was in ruin, but accompanying it was the field of at least a hundred slaughtered barbaric men. There was no sign of the warrior. Hinzer found his way to the capital, and from there found his way up the hierarchy. He is now a respected adviser to those in the highest court.

Side of the war: Empire
Additional Details: Hinzer is always on the lookout for the philosopher, and the warrior.

Reactions: AAB
Dude he sounds pretty cool. I really like his backstory and what a nice contrast between him and the other Empire soldiers. Go ahead and jump in whenever you feel like

I swear i have seen this rp on another forum most specifically Role-Player.

Is this still accepting players and do you mind a newbie joining?

El Presidente beat me to the punch with the mercenary. Oh well.

Name: Narrid Firthrand
Sexuality: Straight-ish
Appearance (fantasy art, anime is okay but not preferred): Standing six feet in height and with an athletic build that’s more for speed than strength, he has dark hair and eyes to match. He usually has a small smirk like he’s enjoying a joke that only he knows about.

images

Personality: Narrid is brash, impulsive, and isn’t afraid to stand up for what he believes but he also knows when he’s on the losing side. Being a mercenary he tends to follow the people with the most coin and feels little shame when it comes to his many vices which include but are not limited to: gambling, drinking, and whoring. Most people think he’s simple-minded and easy to read but he’s more intelligent than he lets on and can surprise you when you least expect it.
Magic Ability: none
History: Born to a low ranking noble family on the outskirts of the Lirian borders he was raised in the lap of luxury or, as he likes to call it, an eternity of boredom. He was raised as any young nobleman with endless lessons on the subjects of arithmetic, etiquette, and swordplay. He abhorred the daily “torture” sessions but he always looked forward to training with Master Baldrid.

He was easily a man of fifty or more years with a flowing grey beard and hair that still had black flecks of its former color showing. He walked with a cane because of an old injury but Narrid was more familiar with how hard and precisely the old master could strike with the simple wooden weapon.

Narrid stopped most of his lessons when he came of age but kept on sparring with Baldrid into his late teens. The only time he came close to striking the old man was the day the attacks came. The Imperial Army ripped through his neighborhood and looted his home. Narrid’s parents died in the initial attack but Narrid picked up his father’s old blade and, with Baldrid at his side, he made a stand in the central hallway protecting his parent’s bodies.

Baldrid and Narrid held the troops so long that a general had to step in and keep things on schedule.

“Well if it isn’t Baldrid the Bastard.” The general turned to Narrid. “The Empire has been looking for this bandit for nearly two decades. And here you are the babysitter for the lowest noble brat in an insignificant kingdom.”

Narrid started forward but received a familiar sharp hit to the head from Baldrid’s cane.

“Let the whelp fight. From what he’s done to my troops he could last a few seconds before I gut him.” Narrid bit his tongue to keep from answering back.

Baldrid lifted his sword and addressed the general, “If I win you let us leave and you can go on your way.”

“Ha. And if I win.”

“Let the boy live.” The general considered it for a full minute before he drew his weapon. The fight was fast and brutal. The screech of metal on metal sounded like a singular note and for the longest time Baldrid had the upper hand. The old man just didn’t have the stamina anymore and began to tire until his bad leg finally collapsed. The general kicked his sword away and reveled in his victory.

“Worthy of … every story.” He said while catching his breath. “But I win.” He stabbed Baldrid through the chest and got in close. “The boy will live but he will serve the empire.”

Side of the war: New recruit (Revolution)
Additional Details

-Prefers using a sword and buckler in combat but has limited ability with a bow.

-While he has worked for the Empire he has no allegiances to them.

-He has an unnatural luck when it comes to games of chance, this could be a latent magical ability or dumb luck but has no effect on battle.

-Although he drinks heavily he is still a light weight.

I was wondering (if there is nothing wrong with the character) if Narrid could be one of the captured prisoners who joins up with the revolution to save his skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nue
@El Presidente @qdawg you guys can go ahead and join up on the official thread whenever you feel like (Preferably before the week is over). I feel like Darreth could use a little bit of tweaking but otherwise fine.
And yes, Narrid can be a captured prisoner. I'll have to make up a neutral section on the character lists for the mercenary characters

Status
Not open for further replies.