The Lirian Revolution Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say, although I love this idea, I don't think I could balance it well in between my schedule. When I know for a fact that I have nothing but time, I may come back around.

Sorry to say, although I love this idea, I don't think I could balance it well in between my schedule. When I know for a fact that I have nothing but time, I may come back around.
That's alright. I understand life comes first.

Have you thought about putting a banner up?

I have actually, only I'm not so good with making graphics

I do have a banner up now! Hopefully it'll attract some attention to the thread.

Would you mind if I joined? I have an old character of mine that I believe would be perfect. :D Also, I'd like her to be a spy for the Eastern Empire. She'd be great cause no one would ever suspect her.

Reactions: AAB
Would you mind if I joined? I have an old character of mine that I believe would be perfect. :D Also, I'd like her to be a spy for the Eastern Empire. She'd be great cause no one would ever suspect her.
Of course! Go ahead!

{Sorry! I got distracted by "The Originals" and "Jane the Virgin," but alas I am back with the lovely Lyra de Malyns.}

Name: Lyra de Malyns (Some of the soldiers choose to call her "witchy")

Race: Human

Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance (fantasy art, anime is okay but not preferred): Lyra was born with such fair skin it was a wonder why she wasn't named Snow White. She has light brown colored hair, close to a dying leaf during the fall, that falls down to about mid-back, though she keeps in in a tight braid most of the time. When left out of the braid, her hair could be comparable to the silks of China. Its waves seem to have come from the seas themselves. Her eyes were almond shaped, and she was adorned with a small button nose. Her eye color though nearly contrasts everything about her. While everything is light and airy, her eyes are a deep navy blue, maybe even close to the color black. They give away nothing and that is something she wishes to keep. Her figure is well proportioned, while nothing to look at. She isn't one of those women with a perfect body with curves in all the right places. She is merely a pretty face that any rebel or man would enjoy to look at.

Appearance

Personality: Lyra is sweet, kind, and minds her manners just as a lady of her standing should. She never speaks unless spoken too, and is always considerate of others. She is a very selfless person and puts everyone in front of her. She will defend anyone she cares about, even if she knows they were wrong in doing something. Lyra does have a short temper, though she does very well at hiding it. You can tell when she angry by the fact that she won't look you in the eyes. She was taught you were always supposed to look someone in the eyes as a sign of respect, so this is a knowing sign to know if she's upset. Many would consider the young woman naive, but she is anything but. With the war, her eyes have been more open to the world around her. She doesn't have any laboring skills, but she does have social skills and knows her way around in the society of the empire.

Magic Ability: Overall, Lyra chooses to use her healing powers the most. When she uses the powers she inherited from her father things can't go well. Something disastrous always happens. Her healing powers allow her to heal nearly any wound as long as they can get to her in time. Once they've lost too much blood, or are just too far gone, there isn't much she can do but take away the pain. Majority of the time, she uses water to fuel her powers. By the simple power of touch, she can heal a soldier in a day or two, depending on the injury.

The powers she tries to hide are what she inherited from her father. She isn't proud to say she is a blood sage and can potentially re-write history with her own blood. The thought bothers her in so many ways. The only time she has been seen using these powers was when she couldn't heal her youngest brother from an accident. Without her father's permission and on a gut feeling she slit open her wrist and used her blood to save her brother. The cost it came at though is something she will never discuss. It horrifies her to even think of what she caused, and for that she never speaks of it.

History:
Lyra was born to a mother, a father, and the oldest of six younger siblings ranging the age of one to fifteen. Her mother was a healer and nurse, while her father was a blood sage. Too a degree, she inherited both of their gifts. They aren't sure how she inherited her father's abilities, but she did. When she was born, they weren't rich and feared for their daughter. They weren't sure if they would be able to take care of her. For the first ten years of her life, she lived with her grandparents near the small river that gave much of the empire their only clean source of water. Her grandfather taught her the ways of being a healer and how to use the water that flowed down from the mountains to her advantage. To this day Lyra gives all credit of her training to her grandfather. He truly shaped the way she saw the world and how she treats it.

Once Lyra left her grandparents home, when her parents finally found stability with her other siblings, she continued training on her own. She took the books hidden away on the highest and lowest shelves, allowing time between her chores to study them. She studied the history of magic, the history of the empire, and the history of her family. Every day in the wee hours of the morning, she did this. It took her six years, but she eventually found herself ready to set out on her own, even if she was only sixteen. She had a wild spirit brewing inside of her, and with each passing day she found herself itching for more.

It didn't take long for the empire to take an interest in Lyra. They found her intriguing, especially since she was powerful in the art of magic. They gave her wealth and brought fame to her family, not knowing that at one time her family had been considered nobility. When they asked her to join as a spy for them, why would she refuse? It was a new adventure after all.

Side of the war: Eastern Empire

Additional Details: Lyra has two younger sisters who are twins and are three years old. They inherited only their father's powers, much to her worriment. She also has four more brothers, the youngest is one, the two in the middle are five and twelve, then her oldest brother topping it off at fifteen. Lyra is close to her siblings but more in a motherly way, she doesn't see them as pesky or annoying.

Lyra is also very skilled with a bow. It was something she picked up from her grandfather. He taught her how to use it before his sudden death. She brings it everywhere with her, much to the discontent of the women she finds herself around at certain events. Lyra can only find it amusing, but she would never say this.

{I just combined like a bunch of different skellies from Figment. Wooh. That took longer than expected. I hope you like her. Also, I'm going to develop more of her as we go, etc, etc.}

She sounds really awesome! I'd really like to get to know her character a lot more.
Has she 'joined' the revolution or will she be recruited since she's going to spy for the Empire?

I think I want her to already to be apart of the revolution. In my opinion, I think it would make more sense.

That sounds awesome. I think it would be easier for her to blend in if she's already integrated herself.

I pray that Joric doesn't find out about this spy thing...it would not go well.

Name: Mehm (No last name, he was a peasant before he became a Mage)
Sexuality: Asexual
Appearance (fantasy art, anime is okay but not preferred):
Mehm wearing different sets of clothes. Disregard the knife.
1383702241_0.jpg
Personality: Mehm is very quiet, keeping to himself. He does talk, just not as much as others. He is very shy socially, but will take command of a situation if he needs to.
Magic Ability: Mehm has extensive magical abilities, and has training in all forms of magic. However, he prefers to use manipulative magic, or his command of fire. He also wields a magical staff to enhannce his powers and to attack.
History: Mehm was born far to the East, where he lived with his extensive family in one village. As a child, he tended the sheep on the mountains, and as he grew older and his younger siblings and cousins took over the shepherd role, he became a farmer. However, the Emperors recruiters came one day, and put him through a series of grueling tests to find out whether he had magical ability. To his shock, he passed all of them. The recruiters paid his parents and took Mehm away, to the Imperial Capital. It was here his training was continued until he completed and was to become a member of the Imperial Elite Mages. But there was one more thing to be done: Mehm was to be castrated, so as to not have his mind befuddled by sexual urges. A spell was cast upon him, to reinforce this, making him asexual. Mehm now serves the Emperor faithfully.
Side of the war: Empire
Additional Details
Mehm has the utmost faith in the Empire, and cannot be swayed from his convictions.
Mehm is fearless, and is intimidated by none.
Mehm is shady, and will cowtow to his superiors, but he will defy them if he thinks the Empire will benefit from it.
He is willing to sacrifice his life for the empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Mehm (No last name, he was a peasant before he became a Mage)
Sexuality: Asexual
Appearance (fantasy art, anime is okay but not preferred):
Mehm wearing different sets of clothes. Disregard the knife.
1383702241_0.jpg
Personality: Mehm is very quiet, keeping to himself. He does talk, just not as much as others. He is very shy socially, but will take command of a situation if he needs to.
Magic Ability: Mehm has extensive magical abilities, and has training in all forms of magic. However, he prefers to use manipulative magic, or his command of fire. He also wields a magical staff to enhannce his powers and to attack.
History: Mehm was born far to the East, where he lived with his extensive family in one village. As a child, he tended the sheep on the mountains, and as he grew older and his younger siblings and cousins took over the shepherd role, he became a farmer. However, the Emperors recruiters came one day, and put him through a series of grueling tests to find out whether he had magical ability. To his shock, he passed all of them. The recruiters paid his parents and took Mehm away, to the Imperial Capital. It was here his training was continued until he completed and was to become a member of the Imperial Elite Mages. But there was one more thing to be done: Mehm was to be castrated, so as to not have his mind befuddled by sexual urges. A spell was cast upon him, to reinforce this, making him asexual. Mehm now serves the Emperor faithfully.
Side of the war: Empire
Additional Details
Mehm has the utmost faith in the Empire, and cannot be swayed from his convictions.
I really like that extra tid-bit you've got going on there. You guys are coming up with really cool characters and I need to step up my game a little XD

Would you be open to having Mehm be Lyra's superior? She would report to him and bring him information as well as say, bring in a few rebels for interrogation and reeducation? @Duchess of Adraelith

Also, could Mehm be in charge of dealing with the Rebels in the district/province of the Empire? @LeVen

Yeah, go for it!
Though hopefully someone will take interest in the spot of the heir, since it's one of the more important positions i'll do it if i need to

I don't mind at all (: I think it's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.