The Lion King: Scar's Reign

Who is your favorite Lion King character?

• Simba

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Scar

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Zira

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Mufasa

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Adena of course lead the way, she flirtatiously rubbed her tail under his chin as she walked pass, though as much as she liked Bakari now she felt so naive falling him just because he flirted a few times, but then again he was after all the first male to flirt with her. But she imagined that Scar is not gonna be too ok with this that's for sure but since they're going to be at the watering hole she wont have to worry about getting caught.

Bakari followed Adena to the watering hole, when they got to the watering hole, he took a few licks till his thirst was better and moist, he looked over at Adena and sat next to the hole. "I remember when i first got here, the lands were full of animals and plants, this watering hole had the water at the very top, but i will not leave this place, this is our home."

Adena took a few licks from the depleting waterhole also. She looked over at the horizon and sighed "Yea.. when i was a cub this place was full of life, i even played with leopard cubs and now leopards are a really rare sight now they have probably moved on to greener pastures. I just wish it rains soon before all of the animals leave ". Though she did hoped that the pride would at least move to a temporary new place where food is more plentyful but from the way Scar is acting, it seems to unlikely.

Bakari looked at the water, he could barely see his reflection in the water from the mud in the water. "It must of been great staying with a pride, i never got to stay with a pride for too long, always traveled." Bakari looked back at the pride, then back to Adena. He and Ashur been through a lot, he was at least happy to have one family member still alive with him.

"Well you might not like every pride member but at least you still have someone behind your back to protect you and help you if you need it but at least you weren't traveling alone" she said glancing back at priderock in the distance for a moment before returning her gaze back to Bakari and gave him a small smile.

Bakari smiled at Adena, it was good to talk to someone who really listens to him. "Thanks Adena, but he doesn't protect me, if anything he hates me." His smile dropped, but his eyes then hovered back to Adena. "I wasn't kidding about your eyes by the way, they are quite...Exotic." He walked over and licked Adena's ear, but wasn't thinking of if she wanted him to do that or not. "Sorry."

Surprisingly, this made Adena giggle "Thank you for your compliment, at least that's one good trait from my father, Scar" she said giggling again when he licked her ear "No need to apologize ya know" she walked over to him and licked him on his cheek. She never would have thought she would act like this around another lion but guess things change a lot.

Bakari was shocked when Adena licked him back, but was definitely delighted. "That was surprising, wasn't expecting that you would lick me back, Adena." He smiled as he sat back down next to Adena.

She let out a unsure chuckle "Uh yea gotta return the favor somehow you know" she said, gently rubbing her paw on the ground as she sat back down next to Bakari. "So uhh, what do you think we should do or talk about now? we still got plenty of time to do stuff".

Bakari dug his nails into the ground, but then his focus was turned to a Springbuck seeing them and running away. "How about we start a game i played as a cub, whoever gets the buck and tackles it first wins!" Bakari quickly ran past her and chased the animal through the dirt.

Nuka burst into a fit of hyena like maniacal laughter when Matata started making his jokes. Mashika rolled her eyes, but gave a little snort. Nuka however was practically rolling on the ground. His type of humor always had been weird. "Ugh, you two are such dorks." Mashika groaned exageratingly. She didn't mean it of course, because since she hung out with them she was a dork by default. Finally Nuka sobered up, and got back to his feet. "But seriously, in my pride, hyenas and lions will live side by side." Nuka insisted. He never liked how even though the hyena's were apart of the pride they weren't really apart of it. Plus he didn't like that the hyena's didn't hunt, but he wasn't going to say that now. Even though the hyena's didn't pay attention to the teen lions, they would definitely pay attention after hearing that.

When Hasira started talking to them Nuka began to wonder if he and Mashika should find a new hang out spot. Hasira and Matata were nice but...Sometimes cubs and pups blurted things out by accident. And like Matata had said earlier, if Scar found out he would wipe Nuka and Mashika off of the face of the Savannah. Nuka sat to attention when Hasira asked if Mashika would be his mate. The question seemed to freeze Nuka and he started stuttering and stammering, glancing over at Mashika worriedly. He hadn't exactly thought about something like that. "It's--I--I--Uh," He spluttered his mind running a hundred miles per minute. There had never been talks of him being mated to anyone before so he had never thought about doing something like that. Plus, Mashika was his best friend! He couldn't be his best friends mate! Behind him Mashika got to her feet quickly and glowered at Hasira. "Shut up, pup. There are some questions you just don't ask." She snapped.

Their potential argument was interrupted when Nuka caught the scent of cubs and he groaned in exasperation. Sure he liked, his siblings and all but he just wanted to talk to Mashika. But the fact that a bunch of cubs were heading his way meant that he was being saddled with babysitting duties--He thought until he saw the lioness with them. Well that was even worse. At least with just the cubs he wouldn't have to be uncomfortable. But now all talks of the new pride needed to stop. Nuka gave Matata and Hasira warning looks before heading over to meet the cubs halfway. He faltered when he saw one he didn't know.

"Since when did the pride get a new cub?" Mashika wondered aloud as she trailed after him. "I didn't know anyone was pregnant." Nuka muttered.

"Hey, guys. Who's this?" Nuka asked glancing down curiously at the new cub.

- - - -

Scar's lip curled into a snarl. The way Tama acted reminded him of that damn Sarabi and he hated any reminders of Mufasa and his family. He should have kicked all of the Mufasa loyalists out when he came to power, but it was too late now.

"Yet now I hear whispers on the wind about confrontations and wanting to relocate." Scar snarled, rounding on the lioness. "You don't want to leave your precious friends behind, but do you know what happens when you confront your King?" He snapped.

Last edited:
"Scar, look around you, the lands are dead, barren with little food and water, and if it doesn't rain soon the rest of the herds will leave and we'd most likely be force to move to a new and at least temporary place til the land returns back to normal. Not only will be the pride be starving also but the hyenas would be too. ". Tama wished that she didn't say anything about confronting Scar when she was near priderock, she wanted to do that much later but now she didn't really have much of a choice at the moment.

Adena grinned and ran after the Springbok also, considering they didn't even stalk it first it would most likely get away unless of course they get lucky which is completely fine by her as she would have her meal of the day even if it wont be that much but better than starving.

"Uh hi i guess you must be Nuka, you're really cool and i'm new to the pride also my names Ramona, i was with my aunt when i came here she went hunting and never came back but a nice lioness named Amira asked me to stay so i did, well not without having the king get mad at me because she didn't bring me to him first" Ramona said smiling widely at both Nuka and Mashika.

Hasira simply giggled at Mashika's reaction "Too bad i can ask whatever i want". She was then distracted by the sudden arrival of the group of lion cubs and one lioness. "Well seems like you guys got a new addition here, how nice hopefully she isn't as annoyingly defensive as Kivuli" the young hyena commented.

Awiti

Awiti had been taking a nap with her mate Ed and cub, Tapiwa when she awoke to Nuka and Mashika speaking to her nephew about creating a new pride. Her ears perked at the suggestion though the small movement alerted her mate of her consciousness, to which he simply shuffled closer to her and Tapiwa. She still didn't understand why people underestimated the maniacal hyena. Sure he wasn't the brightest but, he was far from the invalid the clan believed him to be. Ed was actually fairly smart and observant, he just had a really bad tendency to laugh to much at jokes and situations that could even be misconstrued as funny.

As she nuzzled into Ed's neck, Awiti felf their daughter stir, not being able to contain the energy that had been building since she had heard her cousin's voice.

~~

Tapiwa
Tapiwa had awoke to her mother and father surrounding her in their warmth, comfortable she had thought about just basking in it and going back to sleep before she heard Matata's voice. The female Hyena loved playing with her cousin and was even happier at the idea of convincing Nuka to join in as well. She wiggled furiously, trying to get out from the small space in between her parents. Once she had managed to escape, the Albino all but tackled her cousin into the ground yelling.

"Matata!" She said before giving his face a playful lick.

"That was such a nice trip!" She added quickly before laughing, it was eerily reminiscent of her father's. The only real give away that it was her was the slightly lighter tone of voice that she inherited from her mother.

Hearing the hyena pup's comment Kivuli snarled at her and dug her claws into the ground, "Keep talking you flee-bitten mongrel! I swear I will tear your throat out!" She really liked the hyenas, but Hasira rubbed her the wrong way, she did not care at all about the others around her, she just wanted to turn the hyena pup into a mangled mess. Kivuli realized that she had just proven the pup's point, but just did not care, she just hated having to listen to a pup that had no idea about where there place was.

~

Vitani giggled a bit at Hasira's comment about Kivuli, earning her an intense glare from Kivuli, "Sorry, it's just a little funny, not to mention true." She may have thought about Kivuli as a sister, but she still found it fun to mock her a little every now and then. "So, Nuka," she turned her attention to her brother, "Bet the hyenas are afraid of getting more fleas from you." She chuckled a bit, she enjoyed making fun of her brother quite often, mostly because she loved his reactions. Vitani watched as Matata was tackled by his cousin, it was a little funny, but she did not think the pup's joke was all that funny.

~

Aminifu felt uncomfortable being around the hyenas, she had no clue how Nuka and Mashika could spend so much time here. She had completely forgotten about giving the cubs their baths, "Um, Nuka, Mashika, would like to help with giving the cubs their baths?" It would be almost impossible to give all five cubs their baths by herself. I really hope they help me, I really don't want to get into trouble with any of the other lionesses or Scar if he felt it to be a matter of importance at all.

~

Matata was still laughing, even as the group of cubs and the teen lion came up to them, he was finding it hard to stop, but he managed to quiet down a bit and laugh just a little less. When he heard the comment about Kivuli, he stopped laughing and just hoped that she did not actually attack Hasira. It was not long after that when his cousin Tapiwa tackled him to the ground laughing at the joke that she had made. Sure, they were fitting the stereotype of the hyenas, but they were usually having fun, so it did not matter much to Matata. He looked at Tapiwa and playfully pushed her off of him, "Get off you goofy ball of fur," he had always like her, she was a lot more fun than most of the other hyenas that he knew.

Hasira found it very hard not to laugh at how Kivuli basically proved her point and completely lost it when Vitani spoke about it. She managed to quiet herself down a bit and regain her composure though she was still giggling "Well Kivuli you just proved what i said, oh the irony. Though we better keep our distance from you though, wouldn't want to get fleas and ticks as such" Hasira said, letting out a short laugh though she keep her eyes on Kivuli because she surely knows she may or may not attack eventually.

Ramon like Aminifu did not feel too comfortable around hyenas as she always saw them as a threat, not an ally. She decided to huddle against Aminifu for a bit.

Nuka snickered at Tapiwa's joke and rolled his eyes at Vitani. Of course not all the cubs were friendly like Kivuli was. Vitani always tended to be a little twit. Obliging to Amnifu's request, Nuka leaped forward and gave Vitani a rought lick on her tufted head. "Sure, and I'll give this one a bath so she can take some of my fleas from me." Nuka laughed giving Vitani another short lick. Really after all this time, you would think that Vitani would have gotten over the fleas thing. It's not like it was his fault he was a flea magnet.

Mashika curled her lip in annoyance, she never liked bathing the cubs, they were too squirmy and they always kept on with their conversations even when they were being washed. But still, it was her duty and she kind of felt bad for the older lioness who had to watch all of the cubs by herself. "Alrightie. Hey, new cub. Come're, let's get you bathed and squeaky clean." Mashika said to the new cub, Ramona-something or other. Mashika laid down in the typical position for bathing and waited for the cub to come over. "After her Ashanti, cause you aren't as dirty and you don't need to smell more like the pride."

Scar roared in outrage at Tama. "WE ARE NEVER LEAVING!" And with that he stalked away but not before saying over his shoulder. "You have one more chance Tama, don't anger me again or you'll be the only one to relocate." Of course Scar knew that the lands were practically barren, but after all this time of trying to gain control of priderock he wasn't going to leave now! The rains would come, they always did.
After his talk with Tama, Scar returned to his usually ledge and looked out over the lands.

Tapenji strode towards pride rock with a surprising confidence, considering he'd only caught a gopher. But still, any prey was better than no prey, no matter how chewy and small it was. Sauntering up to the pride rock, Tapenji spotted Sharlila and Amira eating a kill. Grinning around the gopher in his jaws, Tapenji sidled up to them his gaze locked on Sharlila. Amira was nice...But she wasn't really his type...Or his age. Sharlila however, was a beauty and a real beat when it came to hunting.

"Hey girl," He said, lying down in front of her and dropping the gopher. "sup?"

Tama resisted the urge to growl at him "You'll learn your lesson soon enough Scar, but only time will tell" she thought watching Scar return to his usual ledge. Before sauntering off, maybe she can actually eat from the kill she and Sharlila made now before nothing is left. She briefly glanced at Tapenji who talking with Sharlila, she scoffed at him as she passed by. She never got why Zira and Scar had so many relatives and in Scars case, he has so many damn daughters but then again lions will be lions.

Ramona gladly approached Mashika and waited for the older lioness to give her a bath, she never minded being given a bath in fact she actually likes it, simply because she never liked getting too dirty in the first place and she has always been secretly self conscious about her appearance.

It was apparent that Kivuli was getting dangerously angry, "You best watch yourself Hasira," she spoke with a sharp edge to her tone, "I promise you will regret what you said." With that, she walked over by Nuka and Vitani, still glaring intensely at Hasira with her piercing blue eyes. She was content with letting Nuka bathe her, after all, she preferred relatives to give her a bath as opposed to those she felt she could not trust. She glanced over at Kovu to see Aminifu taking care of bathing him, which was good for her, because Kovu needed to be bathed without waiting anyways.

~

Vitani giggle at her brother, until he gave her a lick on the head, "Hey! Get off flea bag!" As he gave her a second lick, she looked to Kivuli for some help, but she would be no help to Vitani as she was still glaring intently at Hasira. She growled slightly before giving up, she was going to get a bath anyways, might as well get it over with, but she had no idea why it had to be Nuka to give her a bath. Looking over at Aminifu she complained, "You're givin' me a bath next time Aminifu, I can't stand getting bathed by Nuka!"

~

Aminifu glanced over at Kovu and spoke softly, "How about we go ahead and get your bath out of the way Kovu," she walked over to him and began bathing him. It was really helpful that Nuka and Mashika were helping out, Aminifu was truly grateful, and this also meant the cubs could get to playing sooner, which she knew they wanted to. She noticed Kivuli look at her, but she just continued to bathe Kovu, trying to avoid making eye contact with Scar's young daughter. Turning to look at Ramona she had a question that was nagging at her, "So, why was your aunt all the way out towards our pride?"

~

Noticing that the lion cubs were all getting bathed, Matata stood and chuckled slightly, "Hey Tapiwa, aren't they always just lion around! I bet they're just too boar-ed to go hunting!" He started laughing loudly again, he could hardly help himself, he was barely catching his breath to speak again, "They probably just paws when they see the prey!" He lifted his own paw to try and get the joke across, then used that same paw to jokingly nudge Tapiwa in her side. Man, I am on a roll today!

Ashanti nodded but was about to speak up, her father would mostly bathe her, because of the embarrassment she wouldn't tell any of the pride besides her father and her father would do it away from the other cubs. She loved her dad because of how he acts for the roles of her mother and father, but she would be really embarrassed if any of the cubs found out. "Okay thank you."

Bakari ran as fast but sometimes as they got further, a bit behind her. He was definitely out of shape from just standing guard all day and not running around, but running around was one of his favorite things to do as a cub and teen, and it was good to finally use some energy. As the buck got further from them and out of the distance, Bakari gave up and grabbed Adena's tail with his teeth. "I guess none of us win...That was fun though." Bakari hadn't used the word 'fun' in a long time, and it was good to let out some steam, he took brakes before words from his breathing from sprinting that far. "What shall we do now, Adena?"

Usually the few times Adena would run is during hunting and not usually for fun, well when she was a cub and teen she did it a lot but as a adult well not anymore. "Wow i never thought i would say this but that was a lot of fun" she said panting, she doesn't remember the last time she said 'this was fun' in a non sarcastic manner. "Eh i don't know what to do next, any suggestions? i'm pretty sure we got all day to think of something" she said smiling at him.