The Lion King: Scar's Reign

Who is your favorite Lion King character?

• Simba

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Scar

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Zira

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Mufasa

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
"It's not your decision to choose either Bakari" Adena said walking towards him giving him a slightly annoyed look "Does the cub look like a run to you? she's bigger, more well built and probably stronger than the rest of cubs here and she has obviously went through training wherever she came from" she paused for a moment petting Ramona on the head with a paw "Killing her or sending her off would just be a waste, she would die on her own and plus the rains would be here soon anyway hopefully. And not only that if she were trained properly and lead her to the right direction she'd go pretty well with Kovu " she said, smirking.

Ramona just huddled against Amira, she was more relaxed now since she has someone who would defend her though she gave Bakari a dirty look after being called a runt, and tried to think about what Adena meant by 'go well with Kovu' since she didn't really understood what it meant. Though she did give Kovu a grin and waved her paw at him.

Tama kept her distance from everyone else and just watched. She wanted to intervene but that wouldn't end well and she just decided to silently sneak back to pride rock. Maybe talk to Ashur for a bit.

Kovu peered at Ramona from behind Scar. He, too, wondered what Adena ment by go well together. Maybe as hunting partners? Or playmates? He certainly did want to play with her. But he didn't approach her, he won't until Scar says if she can stay or not.

Sharlila walked over to the group surrounding the little cub. She peered down at the cub and smiled at her. She sat by quietly, she was only here to let scar know she had brought back food. But she certainly hoped he wouldn't kick the poor cub out.

"SILENCE!" Scar roared, taking a few rapid steps forward and snarling into Amira's face. "You'll do well to remember your place." He hissed for only her to hear. The lioness was trying his patience and if not for the fact that she was his heir's mother, he would have gotten rid of her sooner. But that didn't mean he was going to let her get away with anything. Her and the rest of the pride members who suddenly thought it was their duty to determine who was apart of the pride and who wasn't. "Fine. The cub will stay and she will be loyal to this pride. However, as you are all aware. Food is scarce. Some of us," He took a moment to look Amira, and Adena in the eyes. "will have to eat less and travel farther to hunt in order to feed the pride. After all, we don't want our cubs to starve do we?" He turned then and began walking away, before stopping and looking over his shoulder. "Our lesson for today is over Kovu, run along."

Scar began walking back up to his usual ledge, glancing sharply at Tama who was standing off to the side. "Tama! Come with me, we have something to discuss."

Last edited:
Tama flinched slightly when she was asked to follow him but followed Scar's orders nonetheless. "Is there anything you need Scar?" She asked, "And also me and Sharlila have brought back food, if she hasn't informed you already". Tama didn't really talk much to Scar or talk to anyone besides Sharlila and Iminifu and basically the few remaining lions that remotely look like pridelanders and just basically be there to keep it together, though she did talk to Nuka every so often since he seems to be the underdog of the pride but that's about it.

Ramona grinned and trotted in front of Kovu, eager to finally meet him "Hi there, i'm Ramona well you probably know that and i'm guessing you're Kovu?" she said, flickering her tail.

Kovu looked at his mother as she growls and trotted off. Then his attention turned to Ramona and he smiled at her, his tail swaying happily. "Yeah, I'm Kovu." He said cheerfully. He was happy to have another cub to play with. Sure, he liked playing with Zira and such. But it's fun seeing a new fave.

"Well now that's over with why don't you little rascals go and find Nuka and Barika? i'm pretty sure they're at their favorite place and i'm sure Nuka would be glad to meet a new addition to the pride" Adena said, she was simply trying to get out of babysitting duty though they'd probably have more fun if Nuka and Barika were their baysitters for the day.

"Awesome! hey maybe we can go play with Vitani and her friend Kivuli? " she said jumping around a bit, eager to play with her new friends.

Kivuli was not surprised that her father had gotten angry, it was his natural behavior when anyone tried to make a decision in the pride without his knowledge. Hearing Adena mention that Ramona would go well with Kovu was something that she understand a little too well. It was hard to not growl at the thought of some outsider being given the throne, then another outsider sitting next to him. She watched as her father padded off with Tama to talk, and she had to admit, she was curious about what their conversation would be. Kivuli saw Ramona and Kovu talking, she was not too bothered by this, seeing as both cubs appeared to be oblivious to the plans around them. Glancing at Vitani, who looked a little frightened at Scar's anger, she walked over to her, "You should have brought her to me or my father first. If you had, this whole thing would have been avoided and you would not ended up looking so scared." Hearing Ramona ask Kovu about playing with her and Vitani was a little hilarious, "I would rather like to get to know you Ramona."

~

Vitani was always a little fearful of Scar, and with good reason, he was somewhat like her mother. Noticing that Ramona and Kovu had started a conversation, she started to calm down, at least a little bit. Hearing Kivuli's comment about her being scared irritated Vitani, "Well, not all of us can be fearless of the king, 'cause unlike you, I'm not one of his kids," her tone was very confident and condescending, then she grinned at Kivuli and she got a grin back. The two of them have been like sisters for as long as they could remember. Hearing the suggestion of Kivuli and herself playing with Kovu and their new pride member sounded like a lot of fun to her. She had not really had much of a chance to play with Kovu, wince she usually spent her time with Kivuli or Nuka, but she did want to have fun with Kovu every once in a while. With a big smile on her face, she put her paw on Kivuli's back, "Hey, It's gotta be better than gettin' yelled at."

~

Hearing a slight commotion, Aminifu turned back to see Scar and a group of lionesses gathered around a rather large cub she had not seen before. She padded over to the group, listening to what the others were saying, managing to catch the cub's name by the time she got over to the group, it was apparently Ramona. It was best for her to remain quiet, any comment from her would either be ignored or get her into serious trouble with Scar. It was odd, being in a pride that used to belong to your father, but then your uncle takes over and you are never able to talk to anyone about your father or how you feel about anything. Clearly this is something that I have no say in, it makes no sense for me to even be over here. It was a shock for Scar to get angry, then actually agree to allow the cub to stay in the pride. She watched as Tama and Scar walked past her, but kept her head and tail low, trying not to catch Scar's attention. Her mother and sister may be outlanders, but had Mufasa still been alive, she would have stayed as a pridelander, not wanting to follow Scar if he chose to leave the pride or was exiled for some reason.

Adena scoffed at Kivuli's comment, she half hated the fact she and this tenacious, annoying little cub were related by both having Scar as their father, though her mother might not have been a like able mate for Scar to say the least considering her mother liked Mufasa more than than Scar. At least she would be proud to say that she's related to King Mufasa, Scar and probably their parents too. "Tell that to Azra and Amira, Kivuli they're the ones that actually interacted with her not me " she said slightly annoyed before walking away, giving Aminifu a brief glance "Hey Aminifu, make yourself useful and watch over the cubs will you " she said before trotting off but halted for a moment looking back at Aminifu "Oh don't forget to give them a bath" and with that she began trotting back to Priderock again chuckling as she went.

"Oh yea guess we can talk too instead, so was that lion your Dad? " Ramona asked, Kovu, Vitani and Kivuli did look like Scar so she assumed he was their dad and it was already obvious to her that Scar was the king of the place purely judging him from his not so nice attitude.

Kivuli growled at Adena, she really hated the fact that Adena acted as if she were in charge. She turned her gaze to Aminifu and softened her gaze a little. Giving a sigh, she turned back to the other cubs and heard Ramona's question and chuckled, "Well, his name is Scar, and he is my father, but not Kovu or Vitani's. And the lioness who decided to give out orders is also his daughter, annoying as she is." Clearly she wanted nothing to do with her sister, but she did actually like her brother, "Also, my father is the king of this pride, so you better be careful around him. And we were told to find his son and mine and Adena's brother, Nuka." Kivuli somewhat hated explaining things, but this was a new cub, "Oh, and that lioness that was told to watch us is Aminifu," she glanced at the shy lioness, "Speaking of you Aminifu, I can hardly believe you have to watch us."

~

Vitani was surprised that Adena did not take a swipe at Kivuli for her comment. When she finally noticed Aminifu with her head and tail down, she felt bad for having scared her earlier, just a little bit. Turning to Ramona and listening to the conversation about family she just had to chime in, "Also, Nuka is my brother, related by our mother Zira." She had nearly forgotten about Kovu, "Oh yeah, Kovu, why did your mom stand up for a cub that none of us had ever met before? That's weird." It felt like Vitani could go on forever about the pride, but she would more than likely the new cub wanted practical information, so it was best left to Kivuli. She looked over to Aminifu again, but she still looked a little out of it and nervous.

~

Aminifu glanced up at Adena as she spoke, telling her to watch the cubs and give them baths. What if the cubs get into trouble, I would be held responsible for anything that happened to them. She was very uncomfortable with the idea that she would be held responsible if anything should happen to the cubs, and the fact that she was to watch Scar's heir and one of his daughters. With a quiet and sigh, she looked at Kivuli as she was explaining about scar and her siblings. When Kivuli mentioned her, Aminifu became slightly fluster, "Yeah, it is a little strange." She was never very good at talking with any of the other lions in the pride, it was part of the reason why she never talked to her mother or sister. Hearing Vitani's question to Kovu about his mother, Aminifu had a pretty good idea about why, it was probably because she did not want one of Scar or Zira's cubs to be with her precious little Kovu.

Ramona was to say the least excited to know more about her new family and meet new faces, she also wanted to tell them about her old pride but waited for them to ask about it instead as "Well nice to meet you Aminifu " she said greeting the older lioness "So does Scar always act like that? he kinda reminds me of my parents only mine are meaner" Her ears dropped slightly at the mention of her parents "Uh yea i'd really love to meet the rest of pride if they're present ya'll seem really nice except Scar of course" she said, saying Scar's name in a somewhat hush whisper.

Kivuli nearly jumped at Ramona with claws extended, ready to kill, but instead she just inhaled sharply and her eyes got wide. How dare she say something so disrespectful about my father! Obviously her father was not the nicest lion around, but he was still king and was to be shown the utmost respect. She looked at Ramona and spoke as seriously as she possibly could, "Ramona, you should never say another word in disrespect about Scar, he is your king now, and you need to respect that." It was obvious that she was not going to make a friend of Ramona if she scared her, but it would be better that Kivuli scare her rather than Scar.

~

Vitani thought that Kivuli would kill Ramona because of her comment, mostly because she loved her father more than anything or anyone else. When it came to overall anger, Kivuli seemed to get it all from her father, not to mention how vicious she could be. To Vitani's surprise, Kivuli managed to keep her outrage in check. She walked over to Ramona and whispered to her so that none of the others could hear, "Be careful what you say about Scar around Kivuli, her temper is just as bad, if not worse than her father's." Not a single lion had ever spoken words of disrespect towards Scar around Kivuli, they all knew she would be outraged.

~

Even Aminifu was shocked to hear something negative about Scar, but she could not blame Ramona, she was a cub and new to the pride. She watched as Kivuli warned Ramona and Vitani whispered to her about something. It was probably not a good thing to let the cubs continue at this, "Well, we should do as Adena said and go see Nuka." Aminifu looked at Kovu, he was surrounded by lionesses, "Kovu, what about you? What do you want to do?"

"It's not like what is aid wasn't true or anything" Ramona thought and probably to the others surprise she too unsheathed her claws but her expression remained calm and did not look aggressive. "Well both of my parents and older siblings have worse tempers il be honest " she said looking at the palm of her paws which had some few day old looking wounds on it before returning her gaze back at Kivuli whom her facial expression was more slightly offended than scared really well in fact she didn't look scared, she wasn't intimidated by another cub who she feels she can overpower easily but then again Ramona underestimates others quite a bit, though luckily for the rest Ramona never inherited her parent's temper but did inherited their rebelliousness, cockyness and troublemaking tendancies and since now knowing she has allies on her side and part of the pride it was starting to show.

Kovu looked at the others. He didnt know why his mother defended Ramona. Then again, he didn't understand why she did a lot of things. Kovu then blinked in surprise when something negative was spiken about Scar. It angered Kovu and he wanted to defend the lion. Scar was the first one to welcome him with open arms. He treated Kovu like his son. Technically better than his son. He frowned but was greatful Aminifu asked him a question to distract him. "I don't mind seeing Nuka. Hes fun!"

Nuka and Barika were at their special hang out place an arrangement of dead trees, and Nuka was currently listing all of the laws that he would have in his pride when he made it. The hyenas were lounging about, some still sleeping, others play fighting. Nuka didn't have to worry about any of them running off to tell Scar about his future plans, because most of them liked Nuka and Barika by default. The rest didn't pay much attention to adolescent lions anyway.

"And I'll have a den that serves specifically as a nursery! But attached to that nursery would be another den that would be like a school where we taught cubs to hunt!" Nuka blathered on and Barika nodded along encouragingly. She didn't bother to tell him that before he even thought of making a new pride, he needed to find a mate first. He was just so happy, and she didn't want to rain on his parade.

- -

Scar kept walking as he spoke to Tama. "Yes, you've done your duty, lovely." He said dryly. The fact that she seemed to be oblivious of her err, irritated him. She should be grateful that he allowed her to remain in the pride after she ran away, and on top of that she was friends with...Nala. And yet, she speaks of confrontations. "You've always been a bit of an odd one, haven't you, Tama? A pridelander who ran away from her pride and that returned. Neither here nor there. Hm?" He inquired, stopping to circle back so that he was circling around her like a buzzard over a doomed beast.

Kivuli had calmed down a little and looked over at Aminifu with a slight glare, but meant nothing by it. She looked back at Ramona and took a deep breath, "It is better if I tell you not to disrespect my father rather than himself or Zira." While she may not know this cub, she really did not want to have to deal with her father or Zira enraged, that is never a fun thing for anyone. She looked at Aminifu again, "I guess we should get going then." Kivuli actually wanted to see her brother, and she had a feeling that Vitani wanted to mock him.

~

It was clear to Vitani that this cub may have been raised by vicious lions, but she did not share much of those traits with them. Flexing her claws in irritation, she spoke up about this, "Well, if we're going, then let's go!" She turned around and walked off in the direction of where Nuka and Barika liked to hang out, which was oddly enough with a bunch of hyenas. Vitani never understood why Scar let the hyenas stay when the lionesses could just chase them out, but that would make a lot of enemies, and hyenas were not known for being friendly to enemies, especially when hungry.

~

Aminifu sighed, she was not that good of a babysitter, but she was still told to watch four cubs and bring them to see Nuka. "Alright then, I guess that means we are going," she looked at Vitani who had already started walking and stood up. She had never been able to talk with Vitani normally, but for some reason Vitani thoroughly enjoyed scaring her. Looking at the other three cubs, she gave them a shy smile and padded on ahead after Vitani, looking behind her to make sure that the other three were following. She found Kivuli staying alongside Kovu and Ramona and had a slight thought: Maybe Kivuli is jealous of Ramona. No, that couldn't be, Kivuli would never be jealous over any cub that had just joined.

~

Matata found it was fun to watch Nuka go on and on about the pride he wanted to create for himself, he was so passionate about it too. Padding up to the two teen lions, he smiled, "So, Nuka, your new pride, would you allow hyenas?" He found it even more fun to ask questions, though he knew that he might get yelled at by Nuka. Looking just past the lions, he saw his mother, Shenzi the matriarch, glaring at him intently, as if he had just bit her tail off or something. Well, I guess this means I'm gonna get yelled at later tonight.

Nuka froze mid sentence, and turned wide eyed at Matata. He'd forgotten all about the curious little hyena pup. Unlike his elders, Matata actually paid attention to what Nuka said, which was a cause for worry. Nuka grinned and jumped down from the log, until he was right in front of Matata. "Of course! But! Only if you keep my new pride a secret okay? No one can know, if someone finds out I can't guarantee that hyena's will be welcome." He said seriously and behind him Barika nodded.

"Yeah, plus, if someone were to overhear, our plans for a new pride would be squashed like a bug," She slammed her paw done on a passing grasshopper. "before it even got started. So this has to be our little secret okay?"

Staring wide eyed at the two lions, Matata nodded and smiled wildly, "I can do that Nuka." He was actually happy the Nuka and Barika were trusting him with the secret of their plans to start their own pride. Stepping a little closer to the both of them he whispered, "If you need any help, feel free to ask me. Don't let your pride get the better of you." Matata started laughing at his own joke, which was a common thing for him to do, he was a hyena after all. He was actually kind of excited for Nuka's pride, it would be something really fun to see, "And, I know what you mean Barika, if the king found out, Nuka's plans would be nothing more than a scar on our minds," now this caused him to roll around on the floor laughing to where it was hard for him to catch his breath.

Ramona sighed and followed them and mostly remained silent, now she knows she gotta watch what she says about Scar or the queen otherwise she might be in for a hard time, either way she really wanted to see who this Nuka is as he sounds like a good guy. She stood along sound Kovu, she would not admit it but she liked Kovu, he just seemed like such a respectable cub though she obviously noticed Kivuli too walking aside him.

"The reason i returned to this pride is to help it through these hard times, i could not just leave Sharlila and the pridelanders behind " she said calmly, Tama would never tell the full reason why she returned or tell to Scar that she has a pride far away from here. Though she wished he had not heard what she said about confronting Scar otherwise this would have been avoided though even of Scar doing something to her, she still spoke calmly almost reminded Scar of Sarabi who often spoke calmly.

Kovu smiled as he walked beside Kivuli and Ramona. He looked at the two of them curiously. He was happy he got to play with them. He was afraid he might not be able to play with anyone today. He smiled as he walked, looking around. "So, did you live in a pride before this one Ramona? What was it like?"

"Well, my old pride lived in a rocky area with a lot hills and such and have this cool white soft things called snow on the ground which covers some parts of the area and it was cold too. The place was really nice but i can't say the same about my parents, they weren't nice even though i wasn't the heir of the pride but they still put me through a lot of training, i hate it but they told me it was important" Though Ramona couldn't say she really hated her parents but she still didn't like what they did.