The Lion King: Scar's Reign

Who is your favorite Lion King character?

• Simba

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Scar

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Zira

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Mufasa

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
It was clear to Vitani that her and Ramona would more than likely get along well, "Yeah, I'm Vitani. As far as cubs go, there's quite a few of us." She wriggle out from under the larger cub and jumped away from her, crouching again for another strike, "Although, you definitely need to meet Kivuli, though she's probably busy right now." She felt confident that she could show this new cub what the order here is, though she was unsure how her mother would react.

"Hey maybe you can show me around and stuff? i don't want to run into another pridemember and possibly get hurt or something because they don't know me and plus i want to get to know the other cubs too" she said keeping her eye on Vitani as she crouched down in which she lowered her head slightly, though Ramona's head looks a bit bigger than it should be thanks to her rather long cheek fluffs which are getting shorter as she grows.

It was obvious to Vitani that Ramona was trying to be a little more cautious, which meant she would live a bit longer than most. Although, Vitani thought it strange that she would become a guide around the territory, but hey, she asked. Maybe when Kivuli's done, we can take her to the Elephant Graveyard, I bet the hyenas will be there. Aside from her thought of a practical joke, she stood up from her crouching stance and grinned at Ramon, "Well, let's start with the watering hole I guess." She turned and started off in the direction of the watering hole, "After I give you a bit of a tour, then I guess I can introduce you to the other cubs."

Ramona looked quite excited "Sounds cool to me" she said grinning widely as she looked over in the direction of the waterhole then a idea popped into her head "I bet i can reach the waterhole faster than you" she said, giving Vitani a smirked and prepared herself to run at a moments notice. Ramona has always been the competitive one and Vitani seemed pretty competitive too and they can probably go around trying to best each other in a wrestling match or race all day if they wanted to.

It was a bit of a shock to Vitani about how competitive Ramona was, but it made it more fun since Vitani herself could not back down from a challenge, "Alright, you're on!" She bolted from where she stood, hoping to cause Ramona to hesitate. Kivuli was the only one who ever actually got along with Vitani so long. She may mock everyone else, but that is mostly due to her mother getting mad about her socializing with those Zira believes to be beneath her and her cubs.

Ramona wasted no time running after Vitani, they were around the same speed it seems, Ramona would hate to admit it but she wasn't the fastest runner out there but she makes up for her stamina, strength and endurance while other lions may out run she'll certainly last longer during a hunt. Though when she arrived in these lands she never quite expected to meet a new friend like Vitani, she barely had any contact with cubs her age the closest thing she had was a young lion slowly entering adolescence.

Amira twitches her ear and watched as the two cubs ran off. Her gaze looked back at Azra with a smug look on her face. She turned and began walking off. There was a ledge of rock she approached and laid down on it where she began cleaning off her own paws. She would have to give Kovu a bath before he could play with the new cub. Amira began thinking over how the cub could be useful. That's when she remembered seeing Zira push Vitani to play Kovu. Was she going to try and make the two betrothed? Amira growled at the thought of Kovu having to be mates with one of that dispical lionesses cubs. She would ask to have Kovu betrothed to Ramona.

Azra snarled at Amira's back as she left. She kept flexing her claws in annoyance. Just the sight of that lioness was enough to set her off. "Tch! Who does she think she is?! Trying to order me around! I'm the daughter of the Queen." She growled, but already angry, she turned and walked off grumpily. The lioness found a cave a while back that she went to calm down or get away from her hard training.

Sharlila latched on to the zebra and helped Tama dragg it towards Pride Rock. She twitched her ear a little and figured she could spend the day babysitting. Or she could chat with some of the other lions and lionesses. She glances over to the dead horizon. She always thought of venturing out there to see if there was any good, but she could never get the energy to do so.

Adena sighed, now with the two cubs running off and Kovu and Kivuli being busy with Scar so she decided to lay next to Amira on the ledge. "So, how are we gonna tell Scar and or Zira about that new cub? i doubt they would be very happy to see Vitani and Ramona together if we haven't introduced her to the rest of the pride" she said looking off at the direction of the waterhole.

Tama continued dragging the carcass back to priderock, though she saw two cubs running towards the waterhole one of which she recognized as of course Vitani but the other one was completely unfamiliar "Hey Sharlila i think i saw Vitani running towards the waterhole with a unusually big unfamiliar cub, i think we should inform Scar about that" she said voice slightly muffed by her biting on the zebra's hind leg to drag it back priderock.

When Vitani reached the watering hole, she looked to find Ramona right by her side, it appeared that they were evenly matched in speed. Oddly enough, Vitani was having a lot of fun, which was surprising because she did not really have much fun except with Kivuli and some of the hyenas. Turning to her new friend and grinning, "So, do you wanna keep playing, or should we go meet some cubs?" After having some fun with Ramona, she felt bad about thinking of scaring her in the elephant graveyard.

Scar grinned wide with all of his large sharp teeth showing. He loved how enthusiastic the cub was. Nuka, his own flesh and blood was...Relatively lax when it came to learning. Scar just knew that Kovu was going to be a great king. Before leading Kovu to begin the days lesson, Scar turned to his oldest daughter, Kivuli. Kivuli was certainly a tough and tenacious one, even though her mother was long gone and Scar had taken a new mate, Kivuli hadn't deserted or complained. Compared to his other offspring, she was the strongest although she had a bit of a temper. Scar had only himself to blame for that. However, despite her general temperament, Scar was sure as she grew she would even out and become a great potential mate for Kovu. The two of them would be strong and fearless leaders of the pridelands, if everything went as planned.

"Ah, Kivuli, good morning my sweet." Scar said, using his tail to flick up the cub's chin. "Always the dutiful one, aren't you?" He praised and thought for a moment. "Find Tama, and bring her to me. I will be giving Kovu his lesson. You know where to find me." And with that Scar turned and padded away.

As he walked, Scar spoke to Kovu. "Remember what I told you about scents, yes? As a powerful...lion," Scar had to refrain himself from saying 'king' "you will regularly need to make sure everything is right in your territory. However sometimes you'll have to rely on only your nose. Now. Does everything," Scar paused and took a small sniff, a foreign scent entering his nostrils immediately. "right, in the pride?"

Ramona pondered about it again for a moment "Hmm i want to meet the rest of your pride's members hey i'l race you back " and not long after she spoke she bolted towards back Priderock. She was certainly a energetic cub that's for sure but then again she hasn't had this much fun in a while, since the downside of having mostly teenage friends is you often get left behind and or just used to do something for them which either to get inside a small crevice too big for them or other things. Though while she was heading back to Priderock with Vitani, Kovu and Scar came to view.

Kivuli stood more straight as her father talked to her, she loved her father more than anyone else she knew, except her mother. Hearing that he wanted her to get Tama and it made her a little angry, but she ignored it, "Alright, I will find her right away." She bolted off in the direction she last saw Tama head towards, and finally saw her carrying a carcass back. Kivuli slowed down and stepped right in front of the older Lioness, "Scar wants to see you. He told me to bring you to him." Normally, she was sarcastic, but this time, she gave the other lioness a more condescending tone. While talking with Tama, Kivuli noticed Vitani with a large cub that she had never seen before, clearly someone forgot to bring her straight to Scar.

~

Caught a little off guard, Vitani quickly bolted after Ramona and was barely keeping up. By the time she had just gotten past the other cub's tail, she saw Kivuli with some of the older lionesses and it looked like they were all staring at her and Ramona. A little out of breath, she called to Ramona, "Hey, that's Kivuli over there, let's go meet her!" With that said, she slowed down to a light run and headed over towards the other lions. It was strange to see Kivuli talking to Tama, but it probably had something to do with Scar, as usual with Kivuli. But, Kivuli almost always knew where Scar was, so it would be good to talk to her so that Ramona could meet the king of the pride.

Ramona followed after Vitani and stayed close to her, she felt a bit anxious and even scared seeing all the other lions staring at her and Vitani considering only Adena, Amira, Azra and Vitani know who she is but she eased up a bit when she thought that they wont attack her since she's friends with Vitani or so she assumes. She looked over at Kivuli and gave her a small grin "Uh hi Kivuli, nice to meet you i'm Ramona" she said.

Tama gave Kivuli a harsh glare, she never liked the cub and most certainly hated babysitting her but of course she didn't make her hate prominent, like Adena she'd rather get on their good or neutral side rather than bad one though considering Scar wants to see her now it seems like that's unlikely. She sighed "Fine, well Sharlila guess you have to bring this carcass back by yourself" she muttered before walking away but not without noticing Ramona with Vitani, obviously a cub she has never seen before but refrained from saying anything about it.

Kovu smiles as he walked with Scar. He listened to the lion closely when he asked if everything was alright in the clan he stopped walking and took a few deep breaths. He smelled something... Off. It was a foreign lion. He frowned a little at the scent and instantly began looking around for the source. "No... I smell someone else here.." he said slowly before his eyes locked onto Vitani and someone else. "There.."

Sharlila looked at Tama and nodded slowly. She carried the carcas back towards Pride Rock. Glancing up, she spotted Scar and Kovu. The two did kook like they could be father and son. It was interesting. Soon, she finished draging it and sat down tired. She looked at the food, wanting to eat, but knew she should wait for Scar first.

Scar swiveled his head to look in the direction of the gathering group of lionesses and cubs. He nodded approvingly at Kovu and started towards them. "Excellent work, Kovu." Scar stated, giving the cub a congratulatory flick on the head. "Now, pay close attention. In order to be a great lion, you need to make tough decisions. You need to think about the prey in the area, the state of the pride and whether you can stand to feed any more mouths." Scar approached the group and gazed coldly down at the foreign cub and then up at the lionesses, his eyes narrowing.

"Who," He began, his voice deep and not at all friendly. "is this?"

Adena noticed Scar and the other lionesses and cubs gathered around Ramona, she slightly pushed Amira with a paw then pointed at Ramona and the lions gathered around her in the distance "Hey hey Amira might wanna interfere there before something bad happens" she said before jumping down from the ledge and trotting towards the group.

Ramona's ears drooped and she took a step back, nervously looking up at Scar "Umm i'm Ramona and a nice lioness asked me if i wanted to stay since me and my aunt arrived to these lands yesterday, she went hunting and never came back" she nervously explained, she looked around for a moment trying to avert eye contact from Scar.

Kivuli looked away from Vitani and the strange cub, grinning when she noticed Tama's glare at her, it was funny to see someone older than her get so worked up. When Vitani and the unknown cub came up, the cub greeted Kivuli and introduced herself, clearly Vitani had mentioned Kivuli to the cub. Noticing her father walk over with Kovu, she knew that he would be at least a little angry. Glancing at Vitani, she decided to speak up to maybe save the new cub, "I am certain that the question for her staying was just to see if she was really looking for a pride to join." It seemed like one of the lionesses had dug this cub into a hole, "I am certain Ramona meant no harm father," she bowed her head slightly, "She should have been brought to you right away, whoever it was that talked to her first."

~

As soon as she heard Scar's voice, Vitani had a feeling that she was going to be in trouble. Clearly Adena should have brought the cub straight to Scar, because this put her in a fairly bad situation. Nervous herself, she gave Ramona a quick, worried glance and noticed she was nervous as well and a bit scared. Vitani was content with remaining quiet, mostly because she had no idea as to what Scar would do to her if she said anything. Why do I have to be so scared of another lion? She was upset with herself for obvious reasons, she was so confident, but she could not do or say anything when her mother or Scar were around, they were two lions she was actually afraid of.

Kovu looked up at Scar when he spoke and he nodded. Kovu jumped down and followed behind him. He looked at the new cub. She we pretty big for a cub, and he started thinking the way Scar told him to. If she was larger, that meant she would need to be fed more. And to keep up with her diet, someone would have to eat a little less. But as he looked at her, he felt sort of sorry that she was on her own. And he wanted to play with her.

Amira rose her head when she saw Scar walk over to the cubs. She stood and lept down, following behind him. Amira let out a light pur towards Scar and as she walked by him she let herself brush against his, then stood beside Ramona, giving her a lick. "I told her she could stay, Scar. Besides, just look at her. She's strong, healthy. When she is older she will make a great addition to this clan. She could could help defend the territory and hunt for us." She spoke gently and smiled at Kovu and Scar. "She could be a powerful addition to our Pride."

Bakari walked over to Scar and the small cub, he listened as some lions spoke then replied to Amira's sentence. "Amira that was not your decision, Scar is the current king and he gets to decide, we already have enough hunters as it is, we do not need another. Bakari smiled as he spoke. "Besides we don't need another runt to feed, there is barely any food left as it is." Bakari shown a smile over to the little cub.

Amira glares at Barika, though she changed it to a slow smile. "No. It wasn't. But I'm a mother. And no mother in her right mind would send a poor orphaned cub out on her own. Especially knowing that there isn't much food out there. She would starve to death till she became buzzards food. And we may have enough hunters now, but what about in the future? We only have a pawfull of cubs that may one day become hunters." Her ear twitched in irritation but she didn't let it show on her face. She sat by the cub, looking at the other male. Though she had a smile on her face, her eyes were challenging.