The Life-Time Hunt (Duchess_Bastet and SatyrWarrior)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Rhia proceeded with the last step, cleaning his wing lesion, he remained immobile until she had finished up. A petite smile surfaced once more, as she told him that he was welcome and that, essentially, he was allowed to stay there for as long as he needed to. Alas, he knew better than anyone else that, for Rhia's safety, he shouldn't stay for no longer than a day. The truth was inevitable, and eventually, they would find him again. Peculiar was his current feeling, though. He felt as if....he wanted to stay longer. He was...disappointed about having to leave very soon. On a regular basis, it didn't matter whether he'd have to leave someone immediately or not. But with Rhia... Well, it would have been delightful to get to know her better. Perchance, well enough to regard her as a good friend. Who was he kidding? Vexx closed his eyes momentarily, mentally demanding himself to step out of his dimensional fantasy world. It could never happen that way. Even if he would have liked a friend, considering that his former friends had been slaughtered. He simply did not want Rhia to be harmed in the same way, and that was why he'd have to leave early.

Upon hearing the beautiful young woman's question, he paused. That was a good question; where was he to go to hide from the wackjobs pursuing him? "I...don't know, to be honest with you...." he replied to her softly. "I just know that...if I don't leave in a timely manner, you could--," Vexx was abruptly interrupted during his statement, by his own voracious stomach. The deep rumbles of hunger were so loud that they probably could have been heard faintly from the next room over. Vexx, with optics dilated out of sheer surprise, clutched his stomach in attempts to quiet it down. He looked away from Rhia with a mildly embarrassed expression, a slight red hue surfacing across his olive-skinned cheeks. "....Sorry. I-I haven't really eaten or drinken anything for a few days, so...my stomach's a bit...frustrated..." He flashed her a small, cheeky smile. Frustrated was probably an understatement though, if his abnormally high metabolism were to be taken into account.

Rhia pulled a chair up next to Vexx and fixed her gaze on him, listening intently. She could tell he was trying to get at telling her something, something that was important to him. She laid her chin in her hands and just looked at him. He was truly an interesting person, even with the wings and all. She had colleagues that would think he was a wonderful science project. But not Rhia, she just thought of Vexx as an unusual and special young man. She held a faint smile as she listened, a smile that grew larger and she had to place a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing as his stomach growled. "There's no need to be embarassed,"She said from behind her hand, the smile and amusement reaching her eyes. "If anyone should be embarassed, it should be me, I should have thought about food for you." Rhia stood and walked over to her closet and pulled out an over large T-shirt. One that would have been 4 sizes too large for her and carried it over to Vexx. "Alright, so put this on and you and I will go get something to eat. There's an amazing Golden Corral type buffet just down the street that I think you will like." She winked at him, and he would be able to tell that she was teasing him in a friendly fashion. "Trust me, guys eat alot, its something I'm used to at the college."

Fortunately for Vexx, his starving stomach had silenced itself. It was a positive aspect, because it would have been rendered difficult to perceive her words over the growling. She told him that there was no need to be embarrassed and that she should have thought of food for him. He took note of the amusement that reached her optics. It seemed to brighten up her irises further more than they already were. "But you didn't know. I guess I should have said something..." Yes, Vexx. Instead of trying to hide said hunger and thirst all to avoid becoming a burden, you should have spoken up. It would have spared you the embarrassment as well. Swiveling his head as she walked over to the closet, he observed her as she took out an over-sized T-shirt. He had become unaware of the fact that he was still topless from the former minor surgery made upon his lesions. Although his torso was lean and slim, it was apparent that he was a well-toned lad in spite of his lankiness.

Through a mere glance, one would probably assume that he didn't eat much. Well...he barely obtained the opportunity to do so nowadays, while being on the run and whatnot, but the young man held a very healthy appetite. Most likely one that exceeded the majority of humans. Possessing wings simply increased his hunger. Flying tended to steal much of his energy. Therefore, he needed at least 3500 calories a day to function properly, while the maximum for humans was from 2000-3000. Somehow, he had been surviving with barely any of the desired energy. And with all of the injections they had forced upon him in the lab, who knew what else had increased during that interval. Vexx swiftly, but cautiously slipped on the shirt that was given to him. He avoided all of his stitched-up wounds in the process, and glanced up to her with steely irises. The shirt was loose, but that was what made it all the more comfortable for himself and his wings to go about undetected.

He stood up with a questioning gaze as she mentioned the Golden Corral buffet. He had heard of the restaurant in the past, but of course, he had never eaten in any of the restaurants he'd become aware of. But...was it alright to go out with her? It should be, at the moment. He doubted that the mad scientists were on his trail. Temporarily, they had lost him. Alas, that wouldn't last for long if he did not keep a steady pace in migration. He smiled lightly at her wink, just before she had mentioned that she was used to guys eating a lot. "Golden...Corral? Interesting... I've never eaten at a restaurant before." he stated thoughtfully, glancing over at a nearby mirror to ensure that his wings were completely hidden. And they were, thanks to the shirt.

Rhi gave Vexx a nod of approval as he put on the shirt. She could still see that he was overly cautious, and could see the worry still in his face. She shook her head and grabbed some clean clothes out of the closet for herself as well. She picked out a pare of bell bottom jeans and a form fitting t-shirt. "Alright then, so I get to help you out with alot of first time experiences." She smiled at him as she grabbed the car keys and the key to her room along with her purse. "So, lets go get in the car and have a good dinner." She motioned for him to come with her and she walked out of the room and down to the car. She made her way out of the car every so often glancing at Vexx who was just a few feet behind her. She shook her head and stopped, waiting for him to catch up, when he did she looped her arm in his. "This way, we both keep up with eachother, and look normal."

Rhia was definitely right on cue with that. She really was introducing him to plenty of new and first-time components thus far, and it had only been their first day together. Was this what it was like to live a relatively normal life in town? If so, then Vexx was prepared to trade his current lifestyle for this. But...if he had been living a normal life, would he have ever met Rhia? Perchance, for once, he was grateful for his dangerous life due to the fact that it had caused him to meet her in the first place. Directly after smiling slightly and nodding once in her direction, he followed her out of the hotel room to the car outside in the parking lot. As was his nature, he fell silent during the ride there. On instinct, his keen optics actively scanned the new area. It was potential cause for lagging a couple of feet behind her.

When she suddenly paused, he glanced towards her upon reaching her current position. He pondered for a moment; was something wrong? Why did she seize in her walking pace...? The lad's eyebrows rose up out of faint surprise when Rhia had intertwined her arm with his own, stating that it would ensure that they'd appear normal and would keep them alongside one another. He smirked a little; if this was how they were going to look 'normal', then he'd be happy to act 'normal' on a regular basis. Perhaps he simply favored their current position more than he should have. She was much closer than usual, allowing Vexx to detect just how warm she was. The warmth was unfamiliar, yet somehow comforting in a bizarre nostalgic sense. "Ah, right." Vexx replied to her through another casual nod, subconsciously bringing her looped arm a tad closer.

Rhi stifled a laugh as she took Vexx's arm. She could tell he was awkward about it, but this was better this way. She walked down the hallway to the elevator and pressed the down button. The dull hum of the car could be heard as the cables pulled it up the shaft from the first floor to where they were waiting. Rhi hummed softly to herself as they waited. Soon the ding of the car arriving would meet their ears and she steered them into the waitin elevator. She turned to the buttons and pressed the L for lobby. Soon the doors closed and they were on their way down. The elevator lurched slightly before descending. But Rhi stood there calmly as they descended. The elevator finally reched the bottom after what felt like an eternity and a small ding sounded, letting the occupants know they had reched the floor they desired. Rhi stepped out, still holding vexx's arm and started toward the Valet area. She met the young man there and gave him her keys so he could pull the car around and she headed outside to wait.

Awkward was certainly the best description for the young lad, but he would happily go through with said awkwardness if it meant that she would hold onto his arm for the remainder of the time being. It simply wasn't everyday that he interacted with the opposite sex in general. An 'experiment' essentially lacked the time for such activities. Though, he had never ceased pondering about what it was like to have a companion. Someone that was...more than just good friend... Ah, where was his mind going? When Vexx became aware of the fact that his notions were wandering off, he immediately forced his attention back onto the situation at hand. Upon waiting for the elevator, Vexx took a glimpse around, occasionally perceiving the sound of Rhia's gentle hums accompanied with the dull humming of the car. When the ding was emitted, he stepped into the elevator with her, surveying as she pressed the 'L' button in order to direct the elevator to the lobby.

Vexx released a heavy, but inaubible breath while the elevator trailed downwards to the Valet section of the hotel. Hopefully, everything would proceed according to plan. Tonight would be alright, wouldn't it? He highly doubted that they would discover his whereabouts this quickly. For now, he presumed that he was relatively safe from them. He should just push it all to the back of his bustling mind, and try to enjoy his first visit to an actual restaurant. With a young lady at that. He smiled faintly at the last notion. It certainly wasn't like him to even acknowledge women. He genuinely had never been interested in them in that sort of way before... Eventually, the elevator paused at the very bottom. Thus, Vexx stepped out after Rhia and moved onto the next area. After Rhia handed her keys over to the working young male, they proceeded outside to wait. Vexx, in the intervening time, glanced up at the darkening sky.

Darkness...peculiarly put him at ease on occasion. "...Is this...how most hotels work? All of the procedures seem a bit...complex, but organized..." he abruptly stated to Rhia, a curious gaze rising. He must have noted the various procedures, such as allowing the worker to drive your car around for you and whatnot.

Rhia turned and looked at Vexx. "This is how the higher end hotels work. Each one operates differently, but when you pay to stay somewhere this nice, most people expect certain kinds of service to go with their money. They want others to clean the rooms, or to hold their cars, to carry their bags. So in larger places like this, yes it is normal, and yes it is complex and organized. But this is just the way society here acts. You will see very similar behavior when we go eat." Rhia loved explaining things, and she loved teaching. She smiled inwardly as Vexx asked her questions, it helped her learn more about the world when she had to explain it, so not only was she helping him, he was helping her. Especially since Rhia had moved here she had become less social than she normally was.

During her explanation, Vexx gradually soaked up the knowledge she was delivering to him. Honestly, he was indeed fond of learning new things. Thus, he was also fond of the fact that she didn’t mind explaining the various procedures to him, no matter how obvious the question may seem to an ordinary civilian. However, he didn’t realize that he was also--in a way--helping her in return. “Oh, I see now....” he replied in a thoughtful tone as he glanced around once more. “If that’s the case, this hotel must be...really expensive to stay at huh?” Vexx’s eyes widened as noted this fact. And it obliged him to ponder again... Would it ever be possible for him to have that much money like so? On the contrary, would it ever be possible for him to obtain a job in order to obtain said money?

Probably not. That was wishful thinking on his part. To be a part of society. To go to school, get a degree... It was what most young people would avoid. In fact they would probably be envious about how ‘free’ he was. And although the freedom was nice, he felt just as envious to the young people that could take part in such activities without the fear of being hunted down.

Rhi laughed at his question. "Yes it is. And before you ask my family has the money they wanted me to stay here. They felt that it would help me out to be in a place like this." She got in the car and buckled up. "Come on, lets go get that food."

(Sry its short am writing it off kindle)

Wow. Rhia must have had, not only very rich parents, but very generous and kind ones as well. At least, that was what Vexx thought when she had told him that piece of information. When the car had finally arrived, the lad slid into the car seat beside her. A gentle smirk played against his lips when she mentioned getting the food. “I couldn’t agree more with that statement.” he joked, smirk broadening slightly. Well...it was his ‘attempt’ at a joke for the first time upon being with her. After buckling up himself, the adolescent male fell silent during the car ride to the restaurant. Subconsciously, he glanced out the window, watching the sights of the town pass by with a bit of fascination in his steely irises.

(Your post is fine. XD Mine is kind of short too, lol. >.<)

Rhia slid into the driver's seat and turned the key over. The car purred to life and they started on their way. "What was that tone for, were you picking on me?" She was trying to sound serious but her voice hit a high note at the end betraying her joking. She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye and saw him staring out at the quickly moving city. Rhia let him ponder in silence and wonder for a few minutes, but she found him so interesting and intriguing that she couldnt let the deafening silence continue. "So umm...if youre wondering about anything you can just ask me its not going to bother me. In fact i like it."

Vexx smirked faintly as he side-glanced at her after hearing her question of whether he was picking on her due to his former tone. It was evident that she was joking despite her attempt at a serious tone. He chuckled softly before replying to her. “Heh... Maybe I was, or maybe I wasn’t.” he teased lightly, smirk broadening. Eventually, he had quieted down again merely because of his nature. After all, this was the most he had ever talked to someone in such a long while. He was quite surprised at himself thus far. He didn’t mind the temporary silence though, for it did not feel awkward or uncomfortable. Besides, his steely irises had become distracted with watching the scenery cruise by. Blinking softly when he heard Rhia’s voice, he turned his head to her and nodded in response to the statement. Then, finally, he decided to mention something that he’d been wondering about for awhile now. “How did your voice become so well-tuned?” Vexx questioned rather bluntly and randomly. Though, his expression was very...innocent as he asked.

He shook his head abruptly, however, when he realized that his way of asking had been so sudden. “Um...I know that was a bit random and the question is peculiar, but I’ve been wondering about that since I met you...” He trailed off, optics wandering around in his head as he gradually put another statement together. “What I mean is... As an elf, my hearing senses are very keen compared to a human’s. As a result, my ears can pick up every detail of a particular sound or pitch. That is also why many noises irk me as well... But your voice--it’s...really...lovely. Almost soothing to my ears, to be honest with you.” he admitted, averting his eyes. He merely wanted to get that off his chest, but he had also been genuinely pondering about how her voice had become so admirable in tune. “I was wondering if maybe your voice became that way from singing....or something like that?” Or could it be that her voice was just naturally that way without the aid of singing or any other vocal exercises?

As he continued to speak further, he also began to become aware of just how ‘weird’ he must have sounded asking all of the former questions about her voice. Yes, the questions were a bit random and peculiar, but...it wasn’t as big of a deal as he thought it was. Perhaps he simply was not accustomed to expressing himself, or asking more...personal questions for that matter. “Ah, I’m sorry. I know those were probably really weird questions. And I shouldn’t be paying so much attention to your voice, but it is hard not to notice such things when you hear a little...too well...” he explained, looking down at his lap. Above all, the lad had just spoken...quite a lot in one go. Despite that he was still acting awkward around her, the fact that he was speaking so much more at a time to her revealed that he was really starting to feel comfortable being with her in general. Truly, he would have liked to ask more questions about ‘her’ because she was intriguing to him, but of course, he wasn’t quite ready to do all of that.

Rhia smirked at his answer of whether or not he was picking on her. Her eyes closed briefly as she shook her head. It was early afternoon and the lunch rush traffic was taking over so Rhia drove slowly today. Usually she was like all the other drivers too much in a hurry and too frustrated at the slow pace. But today she wasnt in a hurry to go anywhere and she realized it was because she was enjoying the time she was spending with Vexx. The silence went on for another minute when Vexx asked her an odd question about her voice, she was just about to respond with her confusion when she heard his voice start clarifying what he asked. As Vexx was talking Rhia could feel heat spreading up her cheeks. She turned her head away to loom out the driver's side window for a moment so that she could answer since the traffic had stopped. "Umm...I couldnt carry a tune in a bucket if I tried. So I guess my voice has always been this way. I wish I could hear some of the things you do." Her voice got softer every word she spoke and then it cracked at the end. It was going to be hard to explain to Vexx that the question wasnt awkward or embarrassing but that it meant something else to her.

Vexx took note of the slow pace in driving, thanks to to the afternoon traffic jam, but he didn’t mind the slower stride at all. If he was with Rhia, then he knew he wouldn’t be bored or restless during the ride. The young male blinked somewhat cluelessly when she suddenly swiveled her head away to bring it out of her window temporarily. He could have sworn that her cheeks had been slightly flushed with heat, but perchance, that could have merely been his imagination. A smile surfaced onto his features as he listened to her reply, admiring even the crack in her voice as she had neared the conclusion of her statement. “Really?” he queried, faintly surprised to perceive that she would have liked to hear what he was able to hear. “I always thought it was a bit of a bother sometimes, to hear and smell everything. Definitely doesn’t go well when you’re trying to sleep in a bustling city... I’d probably keel over if I had to listen to someone’s nails scratch against a chalkboard for too long.” he partially joked.

One could tell he was kind of joking due to his tone. However, his facial expressions were occasionally straight and vacant, so one could not always tell with his features alone. Vexx paused, eventually comprehending that her last statement could have meant something else aside from the literal sense of it. Then again, maybe it was a good thing that he could hear and smell so keenly. It was what always allowed him the ‘heads up’ when the enemies were closing in on him. Because of his natural physical attributes, he usually remained one step ahead of his enemies with relative ease....but lately, it had not been so simple to dodge them. No, because the scientists were constantly upgrading their lackeys to match his attributes and beyond, which would mean they would discover him as easily as he used to escape them. Well, either way, Vexx had relaxed from his supposedly 'weird' question from earlier since it was evident that it wasn't as strange or awkward as he thought it was. It almost...seemed like it meant something else to Rhia, but what? Of course, he wouldn't know.

Rhia was lightly chewing on her lip as she turned back to face the road. "Really. But even while I dont know much about you or what you are I would still like to know. It might help me understand you better and make it easier for me to help you with whatever you need." She gave him an awkward half smile because she didnt really know how to express herself in this. Luckily for her the traffic sped up so she had to concentrate on the road more and try to make a fool of herself less.

Upon hearing Rhia’s next statement, he found himself smiling a little again as she sent him an awkward half smile. If it had been anyone else that had taken interest in him, he probably would have become far more ‘disclosed’ than he already was naturally, but...he didn’t feel threatened about the fact that she wanted to know more about him. Most of the time, when someone wanted to possess more details about him, they wanted to pin him to a dissecting board in the process. However, the interest she took in him was certainly in the ‘positive’ sense of the definition. He really admired the way in which she treated him like an actual person rather a mere test subject. In his eyes, she was not making a fool of herself by making him feel this way. Not at all. He wished he could tell her that, but of course, it would never be so easy for the awkward young man. And one could tell that he was pleased to hear her words according to the content expression etched across his features. “I...would be happy to tell you more about me then. Although I already mentioned at the hotel that I was an elf, there is...a lot more that I think you’d probably want to know.” he finally replied as he turned his head to her.

Of course, he had never been so willing to tell anyone anything, but...well, there was supposedly a first time for everything. And in the beginning, he had only been extremely secretive and cautious due to the natural instinct that formed from past experiences. Although he had opened up quite a lot within such a short interval with her, he was still going to be somewhat cautious where need be. After all, anyone could be listening. That was not a mere exaggeration for him either. “But...I think I’d rather tell you back at the hotel, in a more private place. I think then you’ll understand why I had been so... overly cautious when you first met me.” Vexx watched as she focused on the road again, noting the increase in speed. He felt a little nervous at the mere thought of finally revealing everything to her, but she did have the right to know. Not only did he feel comfortable with her, but she had helped him so much thus far. It was the least he could do in return. And he actually wanted to tell her, so it was a win-win situation.

She didnt know why but she suddenly felt awkward at telling him she wanted to know about him. But she liked him. So far he was kind and seemed to want to be more than he was. He could be understanding and she k ew there was more but he just had to open up a little more. She could see that was difficult for him and she would e as warm and understanding as she could be for him. Rhi took one hand off the wheel and reached over laying it on his. Her eyes didnt leave the road but she gently saueezed his band and smiled. "You can tell me whenever or wherever you want to. But all i know about elves is what I watch in the movies or read i fairy tales." She smiled awkwardly at that as she made the easy turn into the parking lot for the restaurant.

Vexx’s optics dilated slightly when he could have sworn that he felt Rhia’s hand over his own, which had been nonchalantly resting in his seat beside him. Shifting his eyes just a tad, he realized that he wasn’t just imagining things because she was most certainly laying a hand over his larger one. He felt his stomach flutter a little as she gently squeezed it in her grasp. Was it due to the traditional ‘butterflies’ in one’s stomach, or was it merely from hunger? Eh, he had a feeling that it was due to the first explanation. He looked up from their entangled hands and smiled somewhat demurely at her. “Um, thanks Rhia...” he replied, perceiving that she didn’t know much else about elves aside from what she saw in movies or fairy tales. “That’s alright. There’s not too of a different anyway--you know, besides the wings and the advanced physical attributes.” he added with a light smirk. He paused for a moment, finally becoming aware of the fact that she had just drove into the parking lot of the buffet restaurant she had spoke of earlier.

"You're welcome Vexx." She replied as she slowly let go of his hand and unbuckled her seat belt and turned off the car. She turned and leaned over the seat to grab her purse. "Well I hope you're still hungry." Rhia joked as she climbed out of the car and headed toward the door of thd buffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.