The Life of a Devil OOC

Am I able to join this? ^^

Am I able to join this? ^^
YES! Join away!
:3

EDIT: We have 2 Knights, 1 Rook, and the Queen position filled.
The following slots remain:
2 Bishops
1 Rook
8 Pawns
Choose as you wish ^.^

Could I have a bishop? ^^ Also, would I be able to use a species not in the anime since there is a variety of creatures turned into reincarnated devils?

Could I have a bishop? ^^ Also, would I be able to use a species not in the anime since there is a variety of creatures turned into reincarnated devils?
I don't see why not. What creature? Any special abilities or traits held by said creature? Include any and all important traits, abilities, etc. for that particular creature.

Okay ^^ ill make her tomorrow when I have a chance.

I could make a character for the other side as well? ^.^

Okay ^^ ill make her tomorrow when I have a chance.

I could make a character for the other side as well? ^.^
Yes, you can make an RP for here and there as well lol XD

In fact we prefer it. It makes for easier interaction between the groups

Okay ^^ ill make a knight there if possible. Right now its really late and so I am on my phone so I should have them up tomorrow possibly.

IBj5D.jpg

Name:
Kasumi 'Sumi' Wakana

Race:
Siren

Ranking:
Future Bishop
Divider+Music.png

52841205.jpg

Skills:
- Magic
- Her 'voice' and its strength
- Good memory
- Observant
- Above average store of magical power.

Sacred Gear:
None

Magic:
Siren's voice - Natural ability.
A natural ability due to her species. The siren's voice is alluring as it will begin to compel those who hear it. The varying songs sung may produce different effects. The main ability known by others is that it lures people to the user as Siren's are known to kill prey after luring them. However, other songs may also produce effects such as paralysis, causing vertigo or even implanting ideas or actions into ones head. Like most siren's the song can be used against a mass or opponents or singled to one. More energy is required for more people and so the effects tend to weaken if its aimed and more people. The effects are focused when upon a singular person. More often than not, they can choose who the ability will effect as to avoid entrapping comrades. Due to powers being voice based, the power can be forced to reach even to screams, creating harsh sounds that will be produced in high pitch and so dangerous to be heard. Temporary effects.

Musical Spell Casting - More active later once joining...
In terms of magic, Kasumi is not used to this as sirens remain heavily upon the effects of their voice and so she uses her singing as a medium to use spells and magic. She has more skill in healing based or barrier based spells while elemental spells tend to exhaust her faster than other spells or even using her natural ability in large amounts. If she cannot use her voice as a method to use magic then it becomes even harder to create higher classed spells or use them to as quickly as she would.

Strengths:
- Is very studious and so tends to be quite knowledgeable when she gets into a subject.
- Her voice even without using her ability is melodic.
- Good memory.

Weaknesses:
- Confidence is below average.
- Does not talk much.
- Needs more practice in magical fields.

Divider+Music.png

Takane_sr2.png

Personality:
| Quiet | Soft spoken | Introverted | Loyal | Logical | Usually good control over emotions | Curious | Observant | May be counted as shy | Well mannered | Noble | Courteous |

History:
Kasumi's family originates from a town far from Yatsushiro, one more reclusive that allows them to raise their ability in their voice. From a young age she has been taught to embrace the ability her voice holds and with the large space around her families compound there was few people that could even discover what they were. For many years she attended a nearby school with little problems arising. During her last year of middle school however, Kasumi had accidentally made a mistake when singing during her music class. Her control collapsed and by the time her parents arrived due to her call, she had lulled her class into a near hypnotic state and in her state of panic, release of them was not easy. She was muddled by the suddenness of which she lost her usual composure. What was more confusing was that she had even effected the female students, where most sirens would find themselves only effecting the opposite gender, she had done both. It was a rarity among them but few people in the family could do so. However, Kasumi became slightly cautious over it. The event was resolved and memory was gone for the mortals but she had decided to move towns to where her aunt lived, Yatsushiro. She joined Hanadate's high school division within weeks of moving to the town. Kasumi rarely speaks to anyone but it doesn't stop her being her cheerful, if not meek self. Often participating in clubs or shows where she can sing, its the factor she is most well known for other than her appearance. She has been friends with Tsumiki and his group for a while but is unknowing to them being devils and such and she has not revealed her status as a siren yet either.
Divider+Music.png

takane_by_e_kao-d4t31n1.jpg

Other:
- Loves snack foods.
- Tends to ignore people blatantly if she dislikes them.
- Loves Kimonos.
- Wants a pet cat for some reason.
- Loves the colours red, navy blue, black, white and grey.
- Dislikes the colour green, orange and yellow.
- Has a large amount of head bands, changes daily.
- 'Supernatural beauty' however the white hair still seems odd to some.

-Her siren's true form gains avian type features. Firstly she is able to form her wings to which are a shade of white that nears a light grey with tips in a pink/red similar to her eyes. In full transformation her limbs will change as well, her legs also become that expected of a bird that slowly fade to feathers around her waist. Feathers also appear around her neck all the way down to the end of her chest. Her arms remain bare except for her hands becoming more talon like. Her hair in this state seems more wild and her eyes seem almost maliciously sharper.

Last edited:
IBj5D.jpg

Name:
Kasumi 'Sumi' Wakana

Race:
Siren

Ranking:
Future Bishop
Divider+Music.png

52841205.jpg

Skills:
- Magic
- Her 'voice' and its strength
- Good memory
- Observant
- Above average store of magical power.

Sacred Gear:
None

Magic:
Siren's voice - Natural ability.
A natural ability due to her species. The siren's voice is alluring as it will begin to compel those who hear it. The varying songs sung may produce different effects. The main ability known by others is that it lures people to the user as Siren's are known to kill prey after luring them. However, other songs may also produce effects such as paralysis, causing vertigo or even implanting ideas or actions into ones head. Like most siren's the song can be used against a mass or opponents or singled to one. More energy is required for more people and so the effects tend to weaken if its aimed and more people. The effects are focused when upon a singular person. More often than not, they can choose who the ability will effect as to avoid entrapping comrades. Due to powers being voice based, the power can be forced to reach even to screams, creating harsh sounds that will be produced in high pitch and so dangerous to be heard. Temporary effects.

Musical Spell Casting - More active later once joining...
In terms of magic, Kasumi is not used to this as sirens remain heavily upon the effects of their voice and so she uses her singing as a medium to use spells and magic. She has more skill in healing based or barrier based spells while elemental spells tend to exhaust her faster than other spells or even using her natural ability in large amounts. If she cannot use her voice as a method to use magic then it becomes even harder to create higher classed spells or use them to as quickly as she would.

Strengths:
- Is very studious and so tends to be quite knowledgeable when she gets into a subject.
- Her voice even without using her ability is melodic.
- Good memory.

Weaknesses:
- Confidence is below average.
- Does not talk much.
- Needs more practice in magical fields.

Divider+Music.png

Takane_sr2.png

Personality:
| Quiet | Soft spoken | Introverted | Loyal | Logical | Usually good control over emotions | Curious | Observant | May be counted as shy | Well mannered | Noble | Courteous |

History:
Kasumi's family originates from a town far from Yatsushiro, one more reclusive that allows them to raise their ability in their voice. From a young age she has been taught to embrace the ability her voice holds and with the large space around her families compound there was few people that could even discover what they were. For many years she attended a nearby school with little problems arising. During her last year of middle school however, Kasumi had accidentally made a mistake when singing during her music class. Her control collapsed and by the time her parents arrived due to her call, she had lulled her class into a near hypnotic state and in her state of panic, release of them was not easy. She was muddled by the suddenness of which she lost her usual composure. What was more confusing was that she had even effected the female students, where most sirens would find themselves only effecting the opposite gender, she had done both. It was a rarity among them but few people in the family could do so. However, Kasumi became slightly cautious over it. The event was resolved and memory was gone for the mortals but she had decided to move towns to where her aunt lived, Yatsushiro. She joined Hanadate's high school division within weeks of moving to the town. Kasumi rarely speaks to anyone but it doesn't stop her being her cheerful, if not meek self. Often participating in clubs or shows where she can sing, its the factor she is most well known for other than her appearance. She has been friends with Tsumiki and his group for a while but is unknowing to them being devils and such and she has not revealed her status as a siren yet either.
Divider+Music.png

takane_by_e_kao-d4t31n1.jpg

Other:
- Loves snack foods.
- Tends to ignore people blatantly if she dislikes them.
- Loves Kimonos.
- Wants a pet cat for some reason.
- Loves the colours red, navy blue, black, white and grey.
- Dislikes the colour green, orange and yellow.
- Has a large amount of head bands, changes daily.
- 'Supernatural beauty' however the white hair still seems odd to some.

-Her siren's true form gains avian type features. Firstly she is able to form her wings to which are a shade of white that nears a light grey with tips in a pink/red similar to her eyes. In full transformation her limbs will change as well, her legs also become that expected of a bird that slowly fade to feathers around her waist. Feathers also appear around her neck all the way down to the end of her chest. Her arms remain bare except for her hands becoming more talon like. Her hair in this state seems more wild and her eyes seem almost maliciously sharper.
I can accept this character with no problem!

Awesome :3

And thanks. ^^

I like her. Also she's a bit odd, being that Sirens are typically water based creatures, not air based ones.

Interesting...

Still, one can argue that popular opinion outweighs the original legends.

Interesting...

Still, one can argue that popular opinion outweighs the original legends.
True but then again one can also argue that popular opinion doesn't mean much of anything considering some of the things it's spawned.
Michael Bay's Transformers movies
Twilight movies
The abundance of reality tv shows.
Sure it has some good points, but... Well.. You know...

Regardless. It's a good character XD

I said popular opinion, not popular stupidity. Popular opinion is a bit like common sense.

I said popular opinion, not popular stupidity. Popular opinion is a bit like common sense.
Whether you believe an opinion is stupid or not doesn't make it any less of an opinion. And opinion and Common sense do share similarities, but not every body has that either. And sometimes even "common sense" Isn't really correct.

Do you want to argue semantics with me all day or do you want to go do something useful?

Originally, sirens were believed to be avian creatures with bodies of birds and a female head. Though there is a large variety of descriptions about sirens in mythology. Going from females with the body of a bird to having legs of a bird and wings even to just a humanoid form with abilities linking them to the oceans. One idea about them going with the idea about being avian like is that Hera had them challenge the muses to singing and when they lost the muses took all of their feathers and they were cast to the islands\oceans. I really just went with what portrayal seemed best for Kasumi though...

Sorry for any random ratings or mistakes in this post I'm out right now and on my phone...