The Library

Rendezvous Crash

Having spent her time ensuring Vologhn could slip through, she coldly glanced at the three sent to stop her. Without even needing to scan them she had a pretty good clue that none of them were holders. You really don't have time for them. Jester hisses as he points at the one on the left. Reaching into her boot and unsheathing her knife, she bolted up to him and with one swift motion, sent a spray of blood against the nearby wall before he could reasonable react. A single glare at the other two caused them to drop their weapons. Finish them! Jester grins as Bishop passes them instead. Aww, c'mon, just a little shank in the abdomen? Near the liver? Make'em suffer for a couple days before they die? No? Not at all? With a sigh, she uses invisibility on herself as she heads out onto the street.

What greeted her was immediately distressing. Being in the midst of the Don's men, she quickly devises a plan of action. With a deep breath, Bishop throws Andre's smoke bomb between Vologhn and the crowd she was in, dashing past it just before it would erupt in smoke. Dropping her veil, she notices at least one of the ape-like creatures giving him more than the occasional look. Your boyfriend is gonna die, maybe you should save her. Jester teases as Bishop grits her teeth. There wasn't many options out of this. Looking up at the creature, she attempts to use mind play, with the plan being to attack the ape-like creatures descending upon Andre. Then, she uses her telepathy. "Yo Andre!" Jester's voice rings clearly into Andre's mind with a thick accent. "Bishop says to fall back and drop a smoke grenade to cover your retreat! One o' those neato bat bitches is hers and she's gonna orchestrate a little party, kapeche?"

Bishop then turns to Vologhn and motions to the quickest escape route. "Lets get out of here. Move it, Vologhn!" As she turns to move with Vologhn, she hears Jester teasing her once more. Ooh, first names now I see. Jester grins smugly in front of her vision. "Shut up." She mutters quietly, seemingly to the air, though it was likely obvious by now who she was directing that to.

Hive of Minds

Impressive. Think he does interviews? Julian scratches his chin as he observes Ramza at work, with Daniel chuckling aloud. He looks to Pixie for a moment as Ramza does his work. "Stay behind me. I'm fast enough to avoid their attacks, you might not be." He states simply as he dismisses whatever weapon he still had out at the time. As the pieces fall in the direction Ramza wills, Daniel wastes no time in swimming into the hive. The moment he knew he was within the hive, he would summon Razboi, his warhammer, and surfaced, being ready to strike anything he might find, though he would go no further and would wait for Pixie and Ramza's directions. Ramza was clever enough to come up with a plan, he was likely clever enough to keep coming up with more.

A Clayman's Finale
Adeline winced as the doctor fell on the hard floor. Maybe she could have handled that more smoothly. Almost immediately, an ear splitting crack resounded through the ruins. Adeline looked up to see ugly lines form across the stone ceiling like a web. A large piece dislodged itself and came crashing down several feet away. The girl yelped and bolted for the exit.

"I vote we don't stick around." Lux said. Adeline nodded frantically.
"You don't say!"

The party made a quick evacuation of the room, but they were still far from being safe. Even if they had succeeded in taking down the structure, this would be their graves if they didn't escape in time. Adeline looked at the other Librarians. Salia was injured, and none of them had any method of getting them out quickly. If only Nuka was here. His bird spirit could show them the nearest exit.

Sonneillon lumbered behind them, its mass and bulk proving to be a liability now. Adeline wasn't too concerned about its safety. After all, spirits couldn't die. She searched her memories for the escape route, but she remembered how the maze-like building had changed.

"The building shifted while we were in here. There's no telling which way leads outside!" Adeline exclaimed. "I-I think we can blast a way out. If only we knew which direction was correct."

Sandwalker by Night

Nathair and Quartz their reactions stung Eowyn like hers had done them. It didn't matter, she told herself, as long as they'd be safe. It didn't, as long as they survived. As long as the mission didn't and in a slaughter, sacrifices on her end would be acceptable. It was she hadn't listened to Quartz at the beach. It was why she had allowed her spirit's rage to consume her. She had taken control. She had saved them. She had protected everyone.

But even Eowyn herself didn't completely believe that.

"I-... I don't think we should do as Sleipnir says. I don't want to run into it." Eowyn explained to Quartz, trying to sound a lot more resolute than she felt like. "I just think we're safer on the ground. As well as... I hope this is more comfortable. You seemed so cold." Eowyn forced a smile. She really didn't want Quartz or Nathair to dislike her. It was just that... If she couldn't do anything... Black thoughts of the Footsteps in the Snow mission rebelled through her mind. It wouldn't be like that anymore. Eowyn would be sure to protect them, whether they liked her for it or not.

The Librarians would loom deeper into the mountain area, slowly continuing their path. They didn't stumble upon a monster, or heard any more roars. Yet, what they would be met with was the sight of a pool of trail. It was difficult to see where it would lead, but if they would approach it, Nathair and Eowyn would be able to see there had been a struggle. From the trail could be judged the prey that had been dragged away had been a large creature.

"What should we do?" Eowyn inquired with Nathair and Quartz, although she herself thought they should very well move on as soon as possible.

Memories of Soule

Fran whimpered, but listened to Emily. "I thought I could talk to him. Convince him. I had-" Fran cut off her sentence and looked away from Emily, choosing not to finish her sentence. "If only I had been there with you, it was my job to talk with the dragon. I failed you and the mission. I'm... I'm sorry."

Vignar had summoned a spirit of a young, fragile looking boy. He seemed nervous and in the darkness of it all, it didn't seem visible at first, but upon closer inspection it would become clear that the only thing left of his head was a charred skull. The spirit awaited Vignar's command, but whatever was looming around didn't approach...

However, Fran and Emily would be able to see the light of the spirit summoned. "That's Vignar's power, isn't it?" Fran asked, the moment she saw it. "I hope he survived as well."

Hive of Minds

It's walls torn, the hive's foundation began to crumble. Ramza's cannon had great success. Daniel and Pixie would find that instead of wasps moving towards the intruders that they were actually moving away from them. They retreated from the slowly collapsing parts of the hive, seeming somewhat intelligent enough to understand what was going on, but not able to fix it on short notice and instead trying to save their selves as there was no other way out that low. The paths were free for the rook and his partner's minion, but if they were to advance further in they'd have to leave the safety of the water. In any case, if they wanted to get personal with the queen, they'd have to travel deeper into the hive... And seeing the rear ends of the giant insects abandon the sinking parts of it, they'd be certain to have to face a number of them.

The sinking of their home did disrupt the wasps from the chase, but even if a third disjointed from the chase party, Shroom and Rugratz were still in overwhelming danger. Moreso with every passing minute. Ramza had succeeded in mounting a siege against the hive and the confused wasps aimlessly buzzed around it trying to somehow fix or stabilise the collapsing structure, if he didn't do something about the remaining wasps, his two minions would be filled with holes in a matter of minutes. As they ran, several wasps plunged at them; many of them crashing into the canopy; tearing down the cover of the dead trees with their bodies... But that protection wouldn't last them forever, as all that waited for the two was an open meadow...

Last edited:
Wanted: Liason
Ilsa quickly read through the various newspaper articles until she found those related to the impostor Liaison. "Yes, it does seem that either this impostor is incapable of doing a large amount of physical damage, other than some vandalism and petty theft, but they are making their movements very obvious. Of course it seems they want this behavior to be pinned on our Liaison."

She moved the paper around in her hands as she though for a moment. "We should look into some of the crime scenes, see if we can find anything that the local authorities missed. No matter what we do though, we should be careful. This person is making their movements painfully obvious. They could expect us to come after them, and they could very well have laid some sort of trap." She looked back to the rook and then to the pair of girls. "I think we should first go to the last place this trickster hit, then work back from there. Do you agree?"​

Sandwalker by Night
Nathair/Quartz

Within Eowyn's words, Quartz could easily pick up on the distrust, hesitation and a hint of fear while she stated her reasoning for not listening to them. It didn't make it any easier to swallow though. At least for the spirit, Quartz's annoyance showing as he snorted his answer and shook his head in disapproval when she tried to use him for part of the excuse. He didn't like that in the least. "A kindness isn't an excuse for not trusting your spirit or us. So I rather you not rope me into your explanation for why you rather keep us bound to your side. Your actions will reflect consequences and I hope, in the end, you can live with them. I only hope this mission doesn't end up like the last one or worse."

Finished with his little warning, his feathers ruffled and smoothed when he tilted his head toward Eowyn's rear. His eyes glanced back at his holder and weighed Nathair's reaction to the explanation, noting the silence and downward casted stare. The holder's hands held outright to balance him between the shifting muscles, his body casted in the light flowing off Eowyn's transformed figure. In combination with his winter wear and the warmth, Nathair could only slightly feel the bitter chilly claw into their space. He had been silent throughout the whole time with little to say or argue in the matter. Likely, Quartz believe, he didn't want to justify Eowyn's decision by being childish. Something Quartz had little problem with doing on his holder's behalf.

The longer the trip went, the more the mood seemed to grow frigid despite the soft heat warping around the trio. While there wasn't a sighting of the beast whose roar echoed through the mountain range, there were signs left in its wake and betraying its presence. Blood. Its crimson red stuck out where it stained the pure, white snow showing the end of a life. It was enough to make Nathair react without warning. Instinctively answering Eowyn's question of what they should do without a verbal reply.

The knight shifted his leg over Eowyn's back and pushed off, his boots landing inches deep into the partly melted snow. Then he started to approach the scene, his feet crunching whatever snow had yet to cross Eowyn's path. He managed to keep his struggles from disturbing the area very much while he drew farther from the light, remained within its range, his eyes struggling to examine it. Instantly he realized the difference the knight's heat made within this frozen landscape as the wind bit and clawed with its temperature, lashing out at the exposed skin near his face. Naturally, after Nathair hopped off, Quartz followed him while slithering along the ground in his wake.

He made one last comment to Eowyn as he moved to get closer to Nathair. "Seems we investigate it first then determine what we should do."

Last edited:
A Clayman's Finale​

Running was indeed a lot easier with just one woman to support. Lux nodded gratefully towards Maria, though something in the back of his mind hoped her excitement about breaking the woman's legs wouldn't surface while Maria had her hands on her...

Adeline was right, no matter where they ran too, it was nearly impossible to tell what way was out if the corridors kept shifting. That was, unless... "Unless we go up up." Lux suggested, although having no idea how do to that. "Adeline, Soneillon is strong enough to break through right? I can use ice to fortify the walls, and Maria can protect us from a stone rain. What do you think?"

Wanted: Liaison​

"If you want everyone to know we're sniffing about." Sigmund rolled his eyes, he did not like the idea at all; it went directly against orders. Still, it was not like he had anything better on his mind. "But I suppose you're the one with intel." He shrugged. It was a damn shame Bishop wasn't with them on this mission, he folded his arms and followed Ilsa to the last place that had been hit; the fountain mentioned in the newspaper article.

The fountain, or at least where it had once stood, was a site that had been restricted in access. It's destruction was recent and it was still treated as a crime scene. The public square where it had once stood was a crossroad; and with the site itself sealed off those who passed it were clustered closer together as they took alternative routes. There was simply too little space to accommodate opposing sides of traffic, and every so often the librarians were forced to wait or push their selves past small groups of people walking the alternative routes.

The site itself was still being searched by law enforcement. There was a team of at least five present, still trying to find clues. Sigmund grumbled, all of this was only going to complicate matters. "What do you suppose we do now?" He threw up. Some ideas did come to the rook, but he'd rather not be the one to put forward they might have to rely on Mime for this one.

Sandwalker By Night

Like Nathair, Eowyn had been quiet on the matter after Quartz had spoken. When he suddenly hopped off (followed by Quartz) Eowyn slowly approached to provide them with more light. She shivered by what she saw, something brutal had happened. Nathair would be able identify so as well; recognising the traces of struggle of something large in the snow; and tracks of where it had come from as well. They were large paw-prints, not unlikely belonging to a bear, but there was something else that seemed... Far more out of place.

It was as if a humongous sled had been dragged across the mountain as well. The trail of blood laid out deeper in the snow in this track... And to it's side were many traces that looked like it had been paddled along by oversized walking sticks. Clearly whatever had left these tracks was huge, but what was it?

Memories of Soule​

Emily

Both women were sitting down after Emily related the tale, a weigh now off her shoulders and mind, as she viewed Fran's reaction. The blood from her own wounds had long dried, some gone while the worse ones had been tended to for the moment. Still, she knew it was only a temporary fix until she received medical attention. Now her main job was to avoid any farther fighting. Something she believed was impossible as the Dragon's words rattled over and over in her attention. What did it mean?

At the mention of believing she could convince Sean, Emily's mind returned to the conversation and noted Fran look away. Ironic, really because she believed the very same thing. Her ears caught the woman's voice, filled with the sound of depression poisoned each word, causing any anger within Emily to vanish like sand among the wind. It was difficult to remain bitter to one that reflected her own misery on the inside. They both had tried their hardest to talk some common sense into man and spirit, but neither would've listened. In the end, Sean and Vale, through his holder's situation, were sunk too far into their pain and suffering to see anything different. They, in their minds, were trapped.

Now there wasn't any way to correct the past.

"It was but we weren't prepared for what happened. I didn't want to kill him either, yet a choice had to be made and I will live with it." Emily said with a slight kindness in her voice, though it seemed to be forced in a small way.

Cerberus merely lay during the whole recount of the events, his front paws crossed over his chest and two of his three sat upon them. The third, his right one, seemed to stare endless into the distance. As if it saw something but Emily knew better, unable to see anything she didn't currently view. Though when the brilliant flash of Vignar's summoning appeared in the same direction, causing both of them to jerk, Emily briefly wondered and shook the thought loose.

"Either way, best to check it out and quickly. If he summoned then it could mean he's found trouble." Without a farther word, she rose to her feet and started to head into the general direction Vignar could be.

A Clayman's Finale
The ground lurched, making Adeline stumble. More cracks appeared in the ancient structure. She didn't like the look of things one bit. Was this how her short life was going to end?

I haven't done so many things. I haven't conquered my fears.
I haven't mastered my spirit.

She could feel herself hyperventilating. Her heart was beating too fast. Adeline didn't know how she kept her calm in the countless crises the Library missions had put her in, but this time her nerves were failing her. She took deep, measured breaths.

"Adeline, Soneillon is strong enough to break through right? I can use ice to fortify the walls, and Maria can protect us from a stone rain. What do you think?"

"Y-yeah. That's ex-exactly. What I wanted to do." she answered, hoping no one noticed her mental state.

'It's alright, Lin. I'm here. I'll protect you no matter what.'

Those words sounded hauntingly familiar to the girl. Somewhere, sometime, someone had said that to her. Adeline nodded, feeling slightly reassured. Sonneillon was nothing but a master of destruction, but the spirit apparently had a soft touch sometimes.

A soft touch. That was an idea she could use.

"Wait, Sonneillon. That gravity field spell- can't you use it to slow down the rocks? We would jump higher too, in low gravity."

'Indeed.' it answered. Adeline's face finally lit up into a grin. "Then, please do."

When the rest of the party was ready, Sonneillon would lift its arms. A pitch black sphere would form above its head. Instantly, the gravity in the surrounding area would become halved. However, the spirit wasn't powerful enough to project the spell over a large area. Adeline hoped it was sufficient.

A few moments later, Sonneillon started casting the Orb of Annihilation. The spirit poured more power into the black sphere, increasing its size until could easily engulf Adeline. It paused when the charging was done. Adeline nodded.

"Everyone, get down! Things are about to get crazy!"

Black Sphere
Max Factor = 21*0.5 = 10.5x
Effective Radius = 5 meters
Effective Factor = 10.5x/5 = 2.1x

Orb of Annihilation
Attack Power = 21*1.2 = 25.2
Effective Diameter of Projectile = 21*0.5 = 10.5 meters

Rendezvous Crash
In the midst of the chaos, Vologhn almost thought his spell would go awry. The reinforced threads shot past the Don, then looped back to ensnare him. Immediately he felt the weight of the portly man straining against his grip. Vologhn yanked hard, tipping the Don off his feet.

He was aware of the mess they were in. This mission had gone south pretty quickly. The hasty decision to charge out of the room hadn't been a wise one, although they did have the Don in their hands now. Almost, anyway.

Vologhn threw a quick glance at Bishop. He didn't need to worry. There was already blood staining the floor, and it wasn't hers. He saw her throw one of Andre's smoke grenades on the floor before sprinting over to their side. None of the Don's men were reacting fast enough to their blitz.

"Lets get out of here. Move it, Vologhn!" she says while pointing at the entrance of an alley. Vologhn loathed leaving his carefully woven web behind, but there really wasn't much choice. While the monsters outside the mansion looked dangerous, the gangsters were armed to the teeth. Besides, Vologhn had a solution.

"Help me with this!" Vologhn shouts, holding out the mithril fibre that was attached to the struggling Don. Andre, as a Rook, should logically be stronger than him. Hell, even Bishop looked more capable in a fight.

Before dashing for the escape, he sent a last command to the spectral web he left inside the mansion. Spectral materialization. In an instant, the invisible threads materialized into the real world. The Don's men unwittingly standing in the hallway would become trapped by the resilient and sticky webbing. The spell should buy them enough time to escape...​

Rendezvous Crash
The beasts immediately reacted to his presence and leaped to pile on him. Their timing were that he did not even have time to draw any of his weapons before they reached him, leaving him to try to fend them barehanded. Thankfully, he was stronger than them still and he was able to avoid being pinned down, although he earns quite some scratches from where the apes grabbed him and his clothes was mostly torn. He regrouped with the other Holders after hearing his spirit's voice relaying Bishop's message and the ape-like creatures scattered from him after being assaulted by one of the flying drogan. Taking the chance, Andre took out another of his smoke grenade and throw it down to the ground to cover his movement to the alley.

The Rook nodded to Vologhn's shout and grabbed the wire from the male Bishop, half reeling the fat catch on the other end and half dragging it alongside him as he followed the others.
Wanted: Liaison
Both Arlette and Mime didn't object to Ilsa's idea and followed the older Holders to the crime scene. She was deferring to the rest for the decision as she didn't know how to proceed while remaining discreet. Upon seeing the crime scene still being locked out, Arlette let out a troubled sigh before looking to Mime, Sigmund and Ilsa. Sigmund then threw out a question that Arlette herself wasn't sure the answer on, should they ask the cop? Should they turn around and visit the other scenes?

Meanwhile, Mime noticed that Sigmund once more threw a glare toward herself. In response, the spirit stuck her tongue out before suggesting an idea, "You could always pretend to be a private detective....or maybe someone like that consultant in that book?"

Sandwalker By Night
Nathair/Quartz

Nathair was hunched down, one hand freed from his glove and touched the snow. It was bitter cold. The simple gesture nearly seemed to set in frostbite as Nathair hissed softly. His eyes catch movement outside his focus causing Nathair's eyes to shift. They skimmed to the corner, seeing the bright colors and dark horns, the wings jutting from the emerald skin. He knew Quartz's shape no matter the size while the spirit came up beside him.

The snake's eyes narrowed on what had his holder's attention. His tongue flickered out, his head casted in ill shadows when they both heard the odd clip-clop of Eowyn's trotting. Her hooves melted the snow easily with each step creating a hiss wherever she walked. Nathair's head lifted, his eyes looked behind to spot her distance, then returned to his task. Worried internally that his comrade would've stopped him and suggest returning to the Library, allowing her to finish it out on her own. A bitter emotion wriggled in his heart and made it feel disgusting as he pushed it down, his mind ignoring it.

Nathair had seen many different type of animal tracks. However, he failed to have ever seen them in anything other than sand and dirt. So it was little surprise the snow's different workings had tossed him off and was finding it hard to be sure at what animal types had been involved in the struggle. He had seen bears, knew to give them a wide berth, which made it slightly easier to determine the victim. They were still far larger than any bear he had the unfortunate pleasure of encountering. A fact he didn't find comfort in knowing, even worse something bigger had attacked and killed it.

The other set of tracks made his eyes scrunch harder. They dotted on each side of the dragging carcass' trail, the blood pooling and staining the white, as it was hauled away. It was strange yet...vaguely familiar.

"Does these look familiar?" Nathair asked his spirit, hoping his age and experience might be useful. The serpent shook his head, "No, sadly. Though whatever it was seemed rather large and left behind strange prints."

"I don't like this...not knowing what we're up against." Nathair stated his dislike and raised back to his feet. His hand once more, and quickly, stuffed back into his glove.
The spirit sought to lighten Nathair's mood, proving what they knew and trying to edge to a plan."We have three vials, three chances to capture our quarry yet we're not sure completely what it looks like. Right?"

Nathair nodded and paused to look at his spirit harder. He wasn't sure what Quartz was trying to accomplish by repeating the knowledge he already knew until it clicked. "We can try to lure it into a trap? Like we did back on our island?"

"Yep, just like when you were a boy." Quartz agreed, his pride showed on his feathers and other features. "However, it might be best if we flatten an area and leave some bait…"

"I'll be the bait."

"No."

"Father, it will...be like when I was a child, you can hide and keep-"

"Nathair, I said NO!" Quartz almost shouted, his voice raised a few octaves, and found himself upset with that fact. He sighed then explained when he noticed Nathair's flinch at his anger.

"No, Nathair. We don't know what we're dealing with and the risk is too great. At least the island had trees and water, this mountain doesn't. And you're not six years old anymore. I can't toss you as easily as I could once or coil around unless I'm much larger. Ewoyn, don't you agree its too dangerous? That it would be better to lure the thing out with something else to at least see what we're dealing with?"

He was hoping Eowyn would at least help in keeping Nathair from volunteering to be bait.

Rendezvous Crash

Not only the mobsters were stuck in the web, violent squawks followed Vologhn and Bishop as well. Some of the Don's birds had been released and were trapped in the webs as well. All had happened just in time for them to rendezvous with Andre. They were out safely, and the drogan Bishop had controlled bought them time. However, the Don's beastmasters were more capable than his hands. As soon as they understood the situation, one of them ordered his ape to take down Bishop's puppet. Climbing high up to a balcony of a nearby mansion, it leaped onto the flying beast from above; hooking into it's bat-like wings with it's claw and crashing and slamming it into an opposing wall. While not dead, the drogan had suffered a heavy impact, cracking at least a rib and having lost the use of it's wing. It would likely slowly bleed to death, if it's assaulter wouldn't find and finish it first.

Still, the librarians had won a few precious moments to orientate. The narrow alleyways were in front of them, with clotheslines connecting from window to window. The streets counted many dilapidated buildings, many of which had their doors and windows broken open. Terraced houses were the norm, and few of them were in good state. Fortunately, most of them were uninhabited.

Another option they had was a more crowded plaza. If they could make a run for it, the librarians would be able to make it to a small crowd. Not enough people to get lost in, but good enough to disorientate. However, as they'd learned before, most people within the city were crooks; and it showed. Unsavory types, trashtalking, smoking or just littering about.

Both would eventually lead out of the city, but they would have to hurry, because soon the beasts would be on their tails again.

Sandwalker by Night

"I think," Eowyn began carefully, hoping her honest thoughts would not further insult Quartz or Nathair. "If it has just eaten, would a bait work?" She asked, as her thoughts raced through her head. She looked at the wasted snow and the strange tracks surrounding it. "We have a fresh trail to follow, but maybe... Maybe it is better if we used that to avoid it. We can clearly see where it's gone. Maybe we should go the other way?"

"You would break from glory once more? Deplorable. Fear not the prey!" Sleipnir's voice surfaced through Eowyn's throat. It's stone heart hammered within her chest, as it's all too familiar anger pulsated through her veins. "We need not commit you to trolling the beast, you are a warrior are you not?"

Last edited:
Clayman's Finale
Maria put the two bodies she was carrying down and stood up just before Sonneillon unleashed his attack. Hurriedly, Maria equipped her shield and went to work, moving about and batting away the falling rocks that the Knight Spirit slowed down. She had to move around a lot to cover the entire group, and by the time they had finished falling she was out of breath.

"That would have... been a lot... easier, with my armor." She said, kneeling down to pick up the two prisoners again. "Alright, I'm ready to get out of this stony deathtrap." She looked at Lux, seemingly asking how to proceed.​

A Clayman's Finale​

In all commotion, it was good to see Soneillon rubbing off in his holder. Just the brief thought the horror had a calm head and caring disposition made Lux sigh of some relief as it assured Adeline a little.

"Let's do this." Lux chimed in with Adeline and Maria, as Lux released his greenhouse spell in it's entirety. As Maria protected them from the falling rubble, Lux froze up every crack he could spot to prevent the ceiling collapsing in it's entirety after Soneillon's attack. It was a makeshift solution and Lux sincerely hoped it would hold.

"Now, we jump and pray." He answered Maria, as he took the lead. His motions felt awkward, under the influence of the black spirit's ability. Lux barely spaced his first few jumps right. After getting a few steps ahead, he remained to help catch the others in case they were to miss their jumps, but eventually all of them made it to the second floor. From there, the librarians would see light and manage to find an exit; barely escaping the collapsing ruins before it was too late.

They were met by the White Bishop, who contained an avalanche of rubble with his shield, as well as familiar faces in Nuka and Noelle. The white queen had gone off to assist the team defending Bihar from the rampaging golems. Bihar's troubles were far from over... But for Maria, Adeline, Salia and Lux, their mission was a success.

::Mission Complete::

Overtime had become a regular pastime for Liaison. Below the shimmers of light of his chandelier, he compiled the mission dossiers he had taken care of for that day. Yet, Liaison was not nearly as stressed as he had been months ago. The missions yielded greater successes than before, his work environment had been renovated into art and things seemed to be going his way... The rebirth of the mercenary branch since his promotion was doing wonders for Liaison's satisfaction in his work.

"Liaison, sir, we've brought the man you requested." A deep voice on the other side of the oaken office door said, following two knocks.

"Come in." Liaison invited them, and brushed the paperwork to the side of his desk. The Alfiere Bianco stepped in, followed by a pale looking doctor Valenci and the white queen herself. "Vivian, not in my office." Liaison said sternly, as he pointed at the cigar on the lady's lips.

"I'm not one of your underlings." The white queen bit, before puffing one circle of smoke. She strut towards the window and threw her cigar out. "Now make this quick, we're off the clock."

"Yes. Vivian, Alfred. I'm grateful you made time for me at this hour." Liaison said, though his expression towards Vivian remained stern. "I have just finished your reports, and I could not sleep without hearing the finer details- but sit, sit. You as well, doctor Valenci." Liaison gestured to the chairs on the other side of his desk, before offering his hand to the timid, nervous looking old man.

"I am known as Liaison. Head of the mercenary branch here at the library. I have a few questions for you. I have read that the ruins in Bihar acted in a way none of our current technology or holders could think of achieving. While you were inside, doctor, if I am to believe these reports, the ruins, the home and tomb of prominent members of an ancient civilisation, moved on their own. They began to take the form of something resembling a man. Is that right, Alfred?"

"It is." Stated the large man. "It took a strange form, like the golems that spread across the town. It was massive in both size and strength. I was barely able to contain it. Had the team taken any longer, I would have feared for the citizens of Bihar."

"Thank you, Alfred," Liaison took the word again. "None of us are as learned about the Bihar of old as you are, good doctor. Would you shed some light on what exactly happened?"

"I w-was made to do it." Valenci stuttered in his Calacany accent. "Please, my child."

"Child?" Liaison raised an eyebrow. "I do not follow, would you care to explain?"

"Two clowns took his kid, hostage." Vivian inserted in the doctor's stead. "We're still hearing out the woman our grunts brought back, but the bitch won't talk. She's a holder, but not in any of our records. A bottle of scotch we're dealing with the underground."

Liaison caressed his stubble as he took in the situation. "Blackmailing, is it?" Liaison whispered to himself. He looked up at doctor Valenci and folded his hands together. Calmly, Liaison would make a proposal.

"Doctor, we may be able to help each other. I will make this short. On the one hand, I possess the influence to decide what happens to your life as well as that of your child. We can hold you accountable for the suffering in Bihar, attempted genocide against our people in your museum and I am certain we can extract a list of criminal involvement the second the woman who made you do all of it talks. On the other hand, I also possess the influence to pardon you. I can make it so you will not be charged or otherwise be put to trial. I have skilled agents at my disposal who can track down your child that is held captive. I can even task them to extract revenge in your place." Liaison paused shortly, studying the doctor's expression, but before Valenci could react Liaison continued.

"I have two simple conditions. The first is that I control who gets hold of this information. You will not speak of anything you will be telling me next without my explicit permission. The second is that you will leave your museum behind and come work for the Library. You may continue to pursue your research, but it's exploits will be property of the Library. In return, you will attain a position and salary worthy of your caliber, we will house you and your family on out property and you as such you will remain under our protection."

Liaison offered his hand to the doctor once more. "Is this not a reasonable offer, doctor?" He prodded, but the weight to his words offered Valenci little choice. It was no offer. It was a demand. Valenci's hand shook as he took Liaison's.

"A wise decision, doctor." Liaison smiled, both his expression and his tone of voice warped from serious and calculated to more familial and warm. "Welcome to the family. I see you are tired. Vivian is as well. We can continue this conversation tomorrow, there is someone else I would like to hear all of this. A man you will be working alongside... A mister Alexander Bishop."

Last edited:
Memories of Soule
Between keeping the ghost materialized, carrying an unconscious woman, his own condition and the fear of whatever it was following him, Vignar was on the edge. Ignoring his spirit's cry to hunt the stalker, Vignar pushed on toward the direction of the pillar of light he saw. However, as he went closer, a nibbling thought come to him, what if the light was not the other holders? The thought stewed and bubbled in his head and his steps went slower as doubt gnawed on him. Until he heard a shout coming from in front of him.

Vignar's first reaction upon hearing the shouting was alarm, a reaction shared by the ghost under his command as the former holder turned his attention towards where the shout came from. It was only when the Bishop realized the shout was calling his name and the source was the other holders that a surge of relief came out to his face. He tried to respond back only to find that he's only able to croak out a hoarse reply. It was only when Emily and Fran reached him that he even able to warn them, "Something....is stalking... wa...watch out."​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sandwalker by Night[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Nathair/Quartz[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Quartz inwardly sighed, his reptile eyes looked at hers and seemed slightly disappointed in her choice of words. This wasn't going to end well if they continued to avoid their task and with Eowyn's hesitation, the group needed some leadership and fast. The spirit's mind fluttered back to the scene at the beach. They had lost precious time, coordination, and more while they scrambled to follow lacking direction. Not the best way to fight in a situation that needed command. Pondering a bit, Quartz's feathers ruffled a moment then settled back down against his scales. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We could do that but I rather go home shortly. I'm not a fan of freezing to death and I'm sure we'll have to pick up our comrade while heading down the Mountain." Quartz said, then added. "I think you're right of it not being hungry strictly since it did just eat. So Nathair, your option, while still possible and valid, is currently best left for another time. It might be best to track it." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like never,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] thought the spirit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Grudgingly, Nathair nodded and crossed his arms in front him while standing upright. It seemed between Eowyn's fear and Quartz's wisdom, the boy's confidence has become unsettled and diminished some. He didn't like the fact he had upsetted Nathair but it was better than having him get killed over some silly, worthless idea. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Eowyn, would you follow while Nathair leads the way? Please?" Quartz asked gently, his head slightly cocked to see her behind him, while eyeing his holder's current position. Already, seemingly to focus on the task give rather than chatter with their decision, Nathair started forward to follow the track's direction. [/BCOLOR]

Wanted: Liaison

Ilsa let out a loud sigh of annoyance. "Why are we not already in there? Honestly Mime." She was obviously cross. "The next time I lay eyes on you, you better look a whole lot like a local law enforcement officer." Ilsa had already become to feel much disdain for the little girl and her mimic. Were they no better than tools, useless without instruction?

Memories of Soule​

Fran had beat down her eyes as Emily told her of Sean's fate. Events had taken a bite out of her attitude, but when she asked Fran to follow her the woman did so without second thought. When they reached Vignar, Fran's heartbeat jumped. "Any idea what it could be?" She asked Vignar frightfully frightful, lip quivering and fists clenched. She was not ready for yet another nightmare.

She only then saw the abhorred form of a ghost Vignar had summoned. The lanky figure whose face had been burned of his bones gave her a quick scare, before Fran realised it was one of Vignar's summons. "Is Diane okay?" She asked Vignar, though the two reveals on Vignar's end had Fran standing closer and closer to Emily.

Still, whatever was stalking Vignar was not coming out of it's shadows. In fact, upon the four librarians joining together, it's presence seemed to fade away. In the otherwise quiet desert, soft but audible movement damped with every step. What was it? Fran held her breath for at least a minute before she spoke up again.

"I think... Whatever that was is gone now. But what do we do now? It's getting really cold."

Sandwalker by Night​

There was little support from Eowyn's side of the conversation, but Sleipnir seemed pleased with the decision to at least track it. It's holder was not as ease, though such was difficult to see judging her now stone face. She hesitated but nodded to the decision to track it. Eowyn really didn't want to create so much friction... But she felt fear for not just herself.

Nathair, following the trail, would soon start to hear a hint of a feeding monster. It was skittish and quick, rapidly clacking sounds alternated with brief pauses. Was it aware of them? Eowyn wondered, but she held her breath. As she dismissed her centaur form, the cold's unpleasant embrace welcomed her back. She softly hushed Sleipnir, who still stood behind them and clearly was still of opinion they should slay the beast.

"Is this close enough?" Eowyn whispered, hoping for a yes. "Can you see what it is?"

But that was difficult. Under the increasingly darker veil of the night, Nathair would only be able to see a shape... But it was astonishingly huge. Far greater than it's prey, whatever was feeding on it was at least three times it's size... With half a circle of tall tail curving over it's back... "A worthy foe." Sleipnir mustered in a voice as low as it's excitement could muster.

Wanted: Liaison​

"Listen to the lady." Sigmund glared at the spirit. "We haven't got all day." Sigmund supposed he could pass for private dick, but that kind wasn't the type enforcement always wanted to snoop around. "I'll hold your hand if you need it, but we're going to need someone to look the part to get in."

Memories of Soule
Emily

Emily stopped dead when her eyes caught Vignar's spirit. Another face, or less of one, from her past again. The skull burnt and charred, his eyes empty as a ghost while it fixed her with a dead stare. Her lips pressed tightly while her mind flickered through the memories from the mission Home Alone, the sewers, flashes of firefly lights danced around. The memories quickly filtered into her scent causing her nose to wrinkle while burnt flesh filtered into it and dowsed her focus. She stared for an awkward time until the memory faded, allowing her to note Fran's closeness and shake her from the memories.

Any traces connected to the monster making the other edgy seemed to have faded back, retreated from their gathering presence and no longer threatened them. For now. Already the desert went silent while the last of the light started to dim. Soon, darkness would fall and the cold night would settle in. When that happened they all would be freezing to death. Emily looked about a little longer before something caught her eyes. A star. One she often used to found her way while playing in the dunes, something she never thought would've crossed her vision again as she traced the star image it belonged to as she judged the location of the last place she wanted to be: Soule.

"There's no choice, give Diana to me. I'll carry her since I'm in the best condition. Fran, help Vignar. He's about to collapse from exhaustion." Emily said, her hand rubbed her braided and messed hair then held out to take the limp figure of their teammate. "Soule's not far from here, and it's better than freezing out here. Just don't…expect a warm welcome."

The temperature starting to chill as she started off toward a direction which appeared to lead farther into the desert.

Sandwalker by Night
Nathair

Nathair drew closer, his eyes traced the blood in the white snow and odd tracks, as his ears caught a sound. Crunching, loud and fast, the snapping almost deafening despite the wind's howl. Every so often it pause going completely silent as it seemed to listen. The man held himself close to the ground as he edged closer, his sight and warmth dimmed when Eowyn's shift separated. Her human shape falling behind the rest while he caught her softly hushing her horse. His hooves hissed causing snow to melt and evaporate into the freeze air, linger there.

Quartz had informed him that it seemed she was shivering. Her body use to the heat provided now had trouble starving off the chill, her boots crunched in the mixture of soft and hard snow. Hearing Sleipnir's insistence on slaying the beast, Quartz shook his head and whipped back into their direction from riding on Nathair's shoulder. No, Sleipnir. It's supposed to be brought back alive if possible.

Nathair suddenly stopped. His eyes squinted against the darkness, barely making out the mismatch shape of their quarry as he sat there crouched low. "Yes, but I still… I still can't tell if it's what we're looking for or not. Maybe if I…"

His sentence trailed off when his hand moved and his foot skimmed against a rock, sending it skipping across the snow. At the loud sound, Nathair froze in place.

Rendezvous Crash
Vologhn's spells went off without a hitch. He would have liked to say that it was all within his predictions, but the situation was simply too chaotic for calm thought. All he knew was that they now had a chance.

"Mission accomplished. Now all we have to do is survive it. We'll try to lose them in the alleys!"

Vologhn bolted for the shadowy gap between two buildings. It led back into the maze that had brought them here. While Vologhn didn't like the fact that they could be easily cornered by the Don's creatures, he didn't want to risk fighting the entire city in the plaza in front of the mansion. As they had seen earlier, they were extremely unwelcome in these parts.​